NHL 2012-2013 Season- Let's do this. Games start January 19

That picture is epic. Also, as a Senators fan, I would have really liked to of seen them play the Bruins :( Anyway, it appears the Kings have tied this game up with the Blackhawks...should be an interesting finish.

Wait... Wait... Whoa... whoa... Keith played... ? Nhl are you fucking kidding me? You don't mind players intentionally wacking players with their stick yet a questionable hit is a series suspension.... ? O.O

Keith sat a game. for what he did I think that was enough.

I'm excited to be in the States for the finals. No more staying up forever to catch a game. This matchup is probably the one I was most interested seeing. Both teams have a similar amount of days to rest and the plane trips are short enough. I'll actually be in Chicago for game 2 so I'll try to find a bar that's rockin. Should be good.

Damn, I bet that was a hell of a game to watch and I wasn't able to see or any of the replays.  I hope the game Saturday is just as good.

So Crosby's agent is accusing Chara of punching Crosby where his jaw broke on purpose...  So why wouldn't he put the jaw guard back on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiPBxWSZg4w

I'd say he did, but only because that is the only part of his face that is exposed.  If he didn't have the visor on chances are Chara would have punched him in the eye or nose.  I don't think he was trying to cause a re injury.  I think he was just trying to munch him in the face.   

Tough night to be a Bruins fan, but it was completely our own fault.  Defense couldnt hold it together and Rask picked the worst minute of the series to be human.

I really enjoyed the series even though I'm a Blues fan.

It kind of sucks that the season had to end the way it did for the Boston goaltender, but those things just happen sometimes. 

I always enjoy watching the teams shake and the cup ceremony after someone wins. It's the classiest of all the sports. That was a great series and I was looking forward to a game seven but that last minute was entertaining.

I really enjoyed the series even though I'm a Blues fan.

It kind of sucks that the season had to end the way it did for the Boston goaltender, but those things just happen sometimes.
Well the good thing about Chicago winning the cup for the St. Louis area is it will come here some time. Unless I have been told wrong the cup goes on a tour to all the home towns for the players after it leaves the winning city. Chicago has a player from St. Charles MO so I don't know if it will go to St. Charles or St. Louis, but it will make a stop in the area. Or have I been told wrong and they don't do this with the cup?

Has anything been said yet about Phoenix?  Last I knew they were to talk Tuesday about if the team was going to stay or not.  I haven't heard anything since.  

No freaking idea how and why Phoenix is staying and that Boston/Dallas deal makes no sense. I'd think it an April Fools joke in July. 

So far this has been the most exciting off season I can remember in terms of player movement.

Good job Ottawa on the Ryan trade and I am not looking forward to Clarkson with the Leafs (as an adversary).

Definitely an exciting offseason thus far. Fresh off of snagging Seth Jones in the draft (I really think the Preds were looking for a top 6 forward, but just couldn't pass Jones up when he fell into their lap), Nashville went out and signed four players yesterday. So far, they've gotten:

Eric Nystrom - LW - 4 years, $10M

Matt Hendricks - C - 4 years, $7.4M

Viktor Stalberg - LW - 4 years, $12M

Matt Cullen - C - 2 years, $7M

Really hoping these guys can come in and bring some much needed scoring. I'm honestly just happy to see the Preds opening up the checkbook. Can't wait till next season!

Last edited by a moderator:
What the hell is with St. Louis.  Seems like all they are doing is picking up center men.  Has me wondering if Backes will be a wing.

Solid names, but seems like they paid each more than I would have expected?
Maybe...but I feel like that kind of thing is always hard to measure. To me, if they work hard, they're worth it. I've seen many players get paid to do absolutely nothing. I'd rather pay a hard worker a little extra than pay a primadonna to underachieve (which I'm hoping they didn't do with Weber...but he needs to have a bounce back season). The key thing is getting the right guys. And like I said, I'm just encouraged that they're going after players, rather than just hoping that someone on the AHL club will be ready.

Still can't believe Alfie went to Detroit...Detroit barely made it this year, will be interesting to see how things turn out. I assume this is his final season if he's leaving Ottawa after 17-18 years.

Detroit is going to be a power house this year. I'm going to the Lightning prospect camp tomorrow to see all the buzz about Drouin.

I'm guessing his family wanted to go back to Russia so he agreed to retire for them.  I expect to hear that he is playing in the KHL in a year or two.

Hey everyone. Been a while since I jumped in the thread. Anybody else looked at their teams schedule? I mainly notice that it seems like road trips seemed to be longer or perhaps that's my imagination. I'm not used to seeing these teams from the Atlantic division so often (Red Wings fan for those who don't remember). I also seem to be foggy on how the division games work. I thought for us who have 8 teams we all play each other 4 times but I noticed we have 5 games against the Panthers. Guess I'll have to look that up again. Signing Alfredsson and Weiss is a nice boost and gives the fans that confidence that veteran all stars still choose Detroit when they get the itch to make a run for the Cup late in their career. Not everything is in place as I'm curious how our defense will fare. The team has a surplus on offense. Either that's a good thing to have for inevitable injuries or those extra pieces could be used to acquire a D man by the trade deadline. Also hope that Darren Helm plays this season. He's not a player who makes or breaks this team but his play on the third or fourth line is welcome along with his speed and penalty killing.

25th Anniversary of the Gretzky trade to L A today.
Can't help thinking how many more cups they'd have won had they kept that team together.
'89, maybe. '91 & '92 would have been tremendous series' vs Lemieux and the Pens.

....this is why they need to put classic teams in the EA Hockey games dammit.

NHL 97 has Gretzky on a line with Brett Hull and Geoff Courtnall.
You remember he was traded to St. Louis in Feb of '96 and played with them the rest of that season.

I know, but I don't want to track down a copy of 97 to play that.  That's why it would be nice to have some more legends in the game even if it is just in HUT.  

I'm sure most have seen this by now, but I thought I would post it.  Seems like it will be a little harder for Chicago fans to get tickets to a game against Nashville in Nashville.  Or it is going to cost them a little more.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/predators-declare-war-blackhawks-fans-invade-nashville-arena-143253505.html;_ylt=A2KLOzFL_AxSCgsA1.RNbK5_;_ylu=X3oDMTBmMHFub2M1BHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2FjNA--

As a St. Louis fan I like this idea and wish St. Louis would do the same.  Chicago is only 4 hours away so it isn't that long of a drive for them to come here also.  

I'm sure most have seen this by now, but I thought I would post it. Seems like it will be a little harder for Chicago fans to get tickets to a game against Nashville in Nashville. Or it is going to cost them a little more.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/predators-declare-war-blackhawks-fans-invade-nashville-arena-143253505.html;_ylt=A2KLOzFL_AxSCgsA1.RNbK5_;_ylu=X3oDMTBmMHFub2M1BHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2FjNA--

As a St. Louis fan I like this idea and wish St. Louis would do the same. Chicago is only 4 hours away so it isn't that long of a drive for them to come here also.
That's interesting. I didn't know they were doing this. Not sure how much it will actually accomplish, as the article pointed out that it could possibly anger some Preds fans and that Blackhawks fans could just buy the extra ticket and resell it anyway. I think it would make more sense to just raise the prices for those games with the exception of tickets bought at the box office. This would inconvenience the fans slightly by having to go to Bridgestone to get their tickets...but for a game against Chicago, many might feel it's worth the extra effort. But I guess if they're confident that those games are going to sell out regardless, ensuring that there are more Preds fans than Hawks fans in the arena is the main objective.

I think the locking out zip codes/area codes is a good idea for online.  Your idea is better and would work well online also.  Have it set up so that the tickets have to be delivered to the address and if you don't live in one of the zip codes/ area codes you pay a higher price.  Hell you could even make it the closer to Chicago you life the higher the price.

bread's done
Back