NHL.com jersey sale (ends 12/1)

Are the replica jerseys' front logo and numbers the print-on variety or the stitched like the NBA Swingman jerseys? From what I read it seemed to just be printed, but I've never bought an NHL jersey before.

I'm fairly certain its stitched on the replica's.

Gee, what a deal. This makes up for no hockey this year. They are not getting a penny of my money ever again.
The owners had to do this just to stay alive... They're losing less money by not playing hockey than they would by continuing under the current system. There *must* be a salary cap and everyone knows it, but its going to take the players association a year or two to give in. Hockey stayed alive in the 90s because of the expansion fees paid to the league by the new teams. Thats the other problem, and one thats probably not going away, too many teams.

[quote name='dafoomie']I'm fairly certain its stitched on the replica's.

Gee, what a deal. This makes up for no hockey this year. They are not getting a penny of my money ever again.
The owners had to do this just to stay alive... They're losing less money by not playing hockey than they would by continuing under the current system. There *must* be a salary cap and everyone knows it, but its going to take the players association a year or two to give in. Hockey stayed alive in the 90s because of the expansion fees paid to the league by the new teams. Thats the other problem, and one thats probably not going away, too many teams.[/quote]

Baseball would be in the same boat if it wasn't so much more popular than hockey. Salary caps are a necessity in sports these days. Even though my Sox came up roses this year I feel bad for the Brewers and Pirates fans who already know they won't be competitive next year because they don't have enough payroll to compete.

[quote name='Wshakspear']...This makes me sad :( I miss hockey...[/quote]

the nhl does not own hockey...you live in michigan! go to a saginaw game! go to a london game...but dont whine about the nhl being on strike...the nhl is way over priced anyways

OHL>NHL

[quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='dafoomie']I'm fairly certain its stitched on the replica's.

The owners had to do this just to stay alive... They're losing less money by not playing hockey than they would by continuing under the current system. There *must* be a salary cap and everyone knows it, but its going to take the players association a year or two to give in. Hockey stayed alive in the 90s because of the expansion fees paid to the league by the new teams. Thats the other problem, and one thats probably not going away, too many teams.[/quote]

Baseball would be in the same boat if it wasn't so much more popular than hockey. Salary caps are a necessity in sports these days. Even though my Sox came up roses this year I feel bad for the Brewers and Pirates fans who already know they won't be competitive next year because they don't have enough payroll to compete.[/quote]
I feel bad for teams that try to win, and that have good attendance and fans that care. The Brewers and Pirates have none of those things. Their fans don't care, they don't try to win. There should be a cap, but there also needs to be a minimum salary level in order to be eligible for revenue sharing (welfare for small market teams). A team I felt bad for was the Quebec Nordiques. They sold out something like 95% of the seats every year, had fans that *loved* the team, had good players and tried to win, but they just couldn't compete financially, so they moved to Colorado. Similar situation with Winnipeg moving to Phoenix, and Minnesota until they got an expansion team.

[quote name='dafoomie']I'm fairly certain its stitched on the replica's.

I know but it just sucks that it comes down to this. It is hard for me to empathize with millionaires fighting with other millionaires over sums of money I'll be lucky to earn my entire life let alone in one season. Everyone should model themselves after the NFL. I love that every year I really think my team has a shot att he playoffs because there is so much balance...

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='dafoomie']I'm fairly certain its stitched on the replica's.

I know but it just sucks that it comes down to this. It is hard for me to empathize with millionaires fighting with other millionaires over sums of money I'll be lucky to earn my entire life let alone in one season. Everyone should model themselves after the NFL. I love that every year I really think my team has a shot att he playoffs because there is so much balance...[/quote]

Yea the only chance these small market clubs have is to get an owner who is filthy rich and doesn't mind taking a huge financial loss on his hobby.

I haven't really been paying attention lately, so is $150 for an authentic jersey with name and number of a real current player that good of a deal?

On the topic of the current lockout, not all of the owners and teams are losing millions of dollars. No one forced teams like the Rangers to overpay their players.

[quote name='Powerforward']I haven't really been paying attention lately, so is $150 for an authentic jersey with name and number of a real current player that good of a deal?

On the topic of the current lockout, not all of the owners and teams are losing millions of dollars. No one forced teams like the Rangers to overpay their players.[/quote]
No one forced Tom Hicks to pay Bill Guerin 9 million a year for 5 years, but he did it. But that does affect other teams by driving the salary structure up. Free agents with comparable stats will use those contracts to base their asking prices on. Agents will use them as examples in their arguments in salary arbitration (and that is what arbitration looks at, what other similar players make). Its sad that the owners need to be protected from themselves, but they do. The Rangers don't care because they're Cablevision. Tom Hicks didn't care because he was rich (he sure as hell cares now because he's pissed away a ton of his money). The Bruins care because they can't afford to match that rediculous offer to Guerin, and their next free agent foreward with similar stats (Murray) would ask for similar money. The Bruins have been profitable every year for a long time, they're a responsible team and they don't generally overpay for players, but what the other owners do with their money does affect them in a very big way.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='Wshakspear']...This makes me sad :( I miss hockey...[/quote]

the nhl does not own hockey...you live in michigan! go to a saginaw game! go to a london game...but dont whine about the nhl being on strike...the nhl is way over priced anyways

OHL>NHL[/quote]

I'm in California, so don't complain to me about no hockey. At the very least you could see some college games or something...

good post OP. this has been going on for a minute now- i've been holding back from ordering.

a bit of a tip before you guys or for those who might order- go to Teamstore.com and check them out too. they are affiliated with all the major sports and have the same stock as MLB.com etc. the prices are sometimes cheaper and once in a while they have a free shipping or free hat with certain purchase special. the sale on jerseys goes on until 12/5 there, so if you miss out or cant pull the trigger they are a good backup and like i said, they have the same stock and sales. i have ordered from there countless times and highly recommend them.

[quote name='Powerforward']I haven't really been paying attention lately, so is $150 for an authentic jersey with name and number of a real current player that good of a deal?[/quote]

It's a hell of a deal. That same jersey would normally cost you $270 plus shipping (at least from NHL.com, River City Sports to name one place is usually a bit cheaper).

And yes, the letters/numbers are very high quality. Everything sewn, no screen printing.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse'][quote name='Powerforward']I haven't really been paying attention lately, so is $150 for an authentic jersey with name and number of a real current player that good of a deal?[/quote]

It's a hell of a deal. That same jersey would normally cost you $270 plus shipping (at least from NHL.com, River City Sports to name one place is usually a bit cheaper).

And yes, the letters/numbers are very high quality. Everything sewn, no screen printing.[/quote]

i just got a winnepeg jets jersey from paragon sports, authentic with the fight strap and that joint is beauty. price: 30$

I was going to get a replica for my dad, but they only had xl and xxl :roll:
so I went for a practice jersey, well they screwed up and instead of it being 19.99 plus shipping it came up as 14.99 plus shipping. Unfortunately it won't let me order, keeps saying unable to process order. Then after trying about 5 times it now says We are unable to process this order, as we are already reviewing your previous request. I hope I don't end up with 10 of these....

and I refuse to pay the real price of 19.99, so they better let me order the damn thing at the price it says on my checkout screen.

[quote name='EddieBelfour']good post OP. this has been going on for a minute now- i've been holding back from ordering.

a bit of a tip before you guys or for those who might order- go to Teamstore.com and check them out too. they are affiliated with all the major sports and have the same stock as MLB.com etc. the prices are sometimes cheaper and once in a while they have a free shipping or free hat with certain purchase special. the sale on jerseys goes on until 12/5 there, so if you miss out or cant pull the trigger they are a good backup and like i said, they have the same stock and sales. i have ordered from there countless times and highly recommend them.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip, I have been blowing a lot of money at MLB.com. Be nice to find somewhere else that has what I am looking for at a cheaper price.

bread's done
Back