Ni No Kuni $50 @ Amazon

[quote name='buckythekat']Amazon now says it will be in stock on the 25th

but Griffy is no longer mentioned[/QUOTE]

I am seeing this:

Amazon.com griffy familiar Exclusive Bonus Offer
Purchase Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch for Playstation 3 and receive the Amazon.com Exclusive: Griffy Familiar. Use this Hunter of the Skies and its fearsome Phantom Fangs to evolve your griffy into the griffrigerator! The code will be emailed within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer will be extended to all existing purchases.

It sounds like that last part might be implying that everybody who got an order in already will get it but going forward they won't?

I can't tell and not having the DLC is kind of a deal breaker for me if I decided to jump on this.

[quote name='Motoki']Oh man, decisions decisions. I really want this game but am still on the fence as to whether it's worth getting a PS3 for since I don't currently own one.

I used to love the classic JRPGs. In more recent years I really haven't care for them at all with very rare exceptions (like Xenoblade) but I do love Ghibli and this really looks like a good JRPG.

I suppose I should see if there's a good deal on a PS3. Not really loving the idea of buying a PS3 when the PS4 was just announced though. :p[/QUOTE]

If you like streaming your games or downloading your games then wait to get it for the ps4 since it won't be able to play any ps1-3 games.

The game is really great so far I'm really enjoying it.

[quote name='buckythekat']Amazon now says it will be in stock on the 25th

but Griffy is no longer mentioned[/QUOTE]

The DLC is still listed. It just doesn't show up on the mobile version of the site.

[quote name='diazt350']If you like streaming your games or downloading your games then wait to get it for the ps4 since it won't be able to play any ps1-3 games.

The game is really great so far I'm really enjoying it.[/QUOTE]

I have a kazillion games on Steam so yeah I don't have any problem with digital downloads. I'm a little worried about the lack of availability of some of the DLC familiars, like Griffy, though.

[quote name='Motoki']Oh man, decisions decisions. I really want this game but am still on the fence as to whether it's worth getting a PS3 for since I don't currently own one.

I used to love the classic JRPGs. In more recent years I really haven't care for them at all with very rare exceptions (like Xenoblade) but I do love Ghibli and this really looks like a good JRPG.

I suppose I should see if there's a good deal on a PS3. Not really loving the idea of buying a PS3 when the PS4 was just announced though. :p[/QUOTE]

If you like NIS games those are all PS3 exclusive, and 3 more are coming out this summer. The Record of Agarest Wars are all on PS3 also, as is Tales of Graces f & Tales of Xillia coming soon.

Plus there's one of the best JRPG's ever, Valkryia Chronicles. Also I really like Level 5's previous games White Knight Chronicles I/II (buy 2 as it has 1 on the same disk) but opinions on those are mixed. Plus with the exception of Zone of the Enders HD Collection, all of the HD Collections for PS2 era games run better on PS3.

[quote name='MSUHitman']If you like NIS games those are all PS3 exclusive, and 3 more are coming out this summer. The Record of Agarest Wars are all on PS3 also, as is Tales of Graces f & Tales of Xillia coming soon.

Plus there's one of the best JRPG's ever, Valkryia Chronicles. Also I really like Level 5's previous games White Knight Chronicles I/II (buy 2 as it has 1 on the same disk) but opinions on those are mixed. Plus with the exception of Zone of the Enders HD Collection, all of the HD Collections for PS2 era games run better on PS3.[/QUOTE]

Valkyria Chronicles is a fantastic, awesome game. However, it's most certainly not an RPG.

[quote name='jmarano7836']i'm still debating on the game... but just wanted to add that if anyone adds the 23.99 hardcover guide and 49.99 game to your cart, it will reduce the game by $2.00 to $47.99? (worked for me earlier and i'm about to test it again, does anyone know why this is?) It says "Best Value Savings $-2.50"

AZ just got a warehouse in PHX i believe, so now we get tax'd... so it pushes it 70 and change.. can't pull the trigger since my backlog is so long and i'm moving... decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

AZ had an Amazon warehouse for awhile. Love how fast my deliveries are. I have prime, but even better most of my stuff comes next day. If I order early enough in the day, I even get them same day.

The tax raise was due to gubmint. They wanted to get taxes from Amazon from all the sales. It started sometime early this month. :( Sucks cause I order so much stuff from Amazon, particularly groceries.

Really liking the game alot so far. Not even much of a fan of turn base/JRPGs (although I really liked Radiant Historia), but this one does it right for me. The combat is really fun now knowing you can counterattack and cancel enemies.

Still have a Griffy code. I just dont know if I can pass up $20 for a piece of DLC. It might get sold. I even have the Golden Hurly from the strat guide that goes for about 10. That would make the price of my game and guide total go from about 75 to 45.

[quote name='Teeboner']AZ had an Amazon warehouse for awhile. Love how fast my deliveries are. I have prime, but even better most of my stuff comes next day. If I order early enough in the day, I even get them same day.

The tax raise was due to gubmint. They wanted to get taxes from Amazon from all the sales. It started sometime early this month. :( Sucks cause I order so much stuff from Amazon, particularly groceries.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up and for the other person that commented about the 4 warehouses in phx... i know they just started charging tax on feb 1..

OT: pulled the trigger for the guide and game... today was pay day and i figure i'd regret not doing it!!! ummmm 10 points for Griffen-dor?

[quote name='Teeboner']AZ had an Amazon warehouse for awhile. Love how fast my deliveries are. I have prime, but even better most of my stuff comes next day. If I order early enough in the day, I even get them same day.

The tax raise was due to gubmint. They wanted to get taxes from Amazon from all the sales. It started sometime early this month. :( Sucks cause I order so much stuff from Amazon, particularly groceries.[/QUOTE]

Taxes have really limited my amazon use but i knew they'd do this eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrSneis']Got shipping confirm but no DLC code yet... Anyone know how long that takes usually?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Owlmanus']I purchased the game on Wednesday. Now it's saying it's shipping but I didn't get emailed the Griffy familiar[/QUOTE]

usually 1-2 days after it is shipped

[quote name='WilliamG']Valkyria Chronicles is a fantastic, awesome game. However, it's most certainly not an RPG.[/QUOTE]

Right, it's a strategy RPG.

[quote name='WilliamG']Valkyria Chronicles is a fantastic, awesome game. However, it's most certainly not an RPG.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I didn't much care for it. I didn't play too far into the game though, so maybe it got better as it got further in.

[quote name='MSUHitman']If you like NIS games those are all PS3 exclusive, and 3 more are coming out this summer. The Record of Agarest Wars are all on PS3 also, as is Tales of Graces f & Tales of Xillia coming soon.

Plus there's one of the best JRPG's ever, Valkryia Chronicles. Also I really like Level 5's previous games White Knight Chronicles I/II (buy 2 as it has 1 on the same disk) but opinions on those are mixed. Plus with the exception of Zone of the Enders HD Collection, all of the HD Collections for PS2 era games run better on PS3.[/QUOTE]

An Agarest release was announced for this summer?

So I finally ordered it and when I did the checkout page said I was eligible for the Griffy DLC. Then I just got the email that it has shipped. When is the email for the Griffy DLC supposed to come? I thought it said when it ships but I don't have it.

I noticed some people down in the forum comments on the game page said they never got the DLC and had to contact customer service. How long should I reasonably wait before doing that? How long did it take others to get the Griffy DLC once they got the email that the game shipped?

Thanks.

[quote name='Motoki']So I finally ordered it and when I did the checkout page said I was eligible for the Griffy DLC. Then I just got the email that it has shipped. When is the email for the Griffy DLC supposed to come? I thought it said when it ships but I don't have it.

I noticed some people down in the forum comments on the game page said they never got the DLC and had to contact customer service. How long should I reasonably wait before doing that? How long did it take others to get the Griffy DLC once they got the email that the game shipped?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It's usually 1-2 days after you order it. So if it doesn't come in 3 days after purchase you should contact them.

how long the sale? i've tried asking amazon and they said this..
Here is our pricing history of this item.

$49.99 2/26/13 9:52 AM
$49.99 2/17/13 10:42 AM 2/26/13 9:52 AM
$59.96 1/29/13 10:27 AM 2/17/13 10:42 AM
$59.99 1/28/13 8:57 PM 1/29/13 10:27 AM
$59.96 1/24/13 4:50 PM 1/28/13 8:57 PM
$59.99 1/22/13 7:15 AM 1/22/13 11:47 PM

Because we constantly receive new data from our suppliers, our prices regularly change.

I still didn't get my Griffy email so I emailed Amazon support and they got back to me within a few hours with a reply email that contained the code.

Just FYI for other people who don't get your codes, give it 2-3 days after you get the shipping notice and if you still don't get it contact support.

Ordered a copy yesterday morning and it shipped in the afternoon. I was waiting until I got another gift card from Bing so I only pay 35 out of the pocket. Now just waiting for the DLC code.

[quote name='Oxyric']DLC code was removed from the product description.[/QUOTE]

The box at the top is no longer showing for me but when I scroll down a bit it's still listed there below "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought".

Special Offers and Product Promotions
  • Purchase "Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch" and receive the Amazon exclusive Griffy familiar, while supplies last. We will send you a promotional code via email within two days after your order ships with redemption instructions. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all purchases. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Here's how (restrictions apply)

*Edit: Okay now it's completely gone and they scrubbed all mention of Griffy from the product page.

[quote name='Motoki']I still didn't get my Griffy email so I emailed Amazon support and they got back to me within a few hours with a reply email that contained the code.

Just FYI for other people who don't get your codes, give it 2-3 days after you get the shipping notice and if you still don't get it contact support.[/QUOTE]

I emailed them this morning and am awaiting a reply.

[quote name='TeamSwish']Damn. Late to the game. The codes are sprouting up on ebay.[/QUOTE]

At worst you'll wait a few weeks or a month and they'll start drying up. Hell, you might even sell yours for more than I did. Obsessive completionists will always want it.

So I ordered this last night, when the Griffy DLC was still up. I went with 2 day shipping because of Prime. However, now that the DLC stuff has been removed from the page I am a little worried I won't receive a code. Should I contact customer service?

[quote name='darthmalice777']Been on the fence about this game for a few days, decided to get it after the DLC is no longer being offered :wall:[/QUOTE]

That's me exactly.

I just got a PS3 yesterday and I'm looking for a PS3 RPG. It sounds silly but I don't want to order without previously free DLC.

For those of you that bought the game while the DLC was still available, did it say so anywhere on your invoice or order? Mine doesn't make any mention of the DLC but I definitely bought the game while it was still offered.

[quote name='solarnoise']For those of you that bought the game while the DLC was still available, did it say so anywhere on your invoice or order? Mine doesn't make any mention of the DLC but I definitely bought the game while it was still offered.[/QUOTE]

Contact Amazon and they should forward you to their marketing team who will get back to you.

[quote name='Persona Eater']So I ordered this last night, when the Griffy DLC was still up. I went with 2 day shipping because of Prime. However, now that the DLC stuff has been removed from the page I am a little worried I won't receive a code. Should I contact customer service?[/QUOTE]

I probably would. You don't want to wait and find out they ran out.

I got mine yesterday and no code. I just sent them an email.

[quote name='solarnoise']For those of you that bought the game while the DLC was still available, did it say so anywhere on your invoice or order? Mine doesn't make any mention of the DLC but I definitely bought the game while it was still offered.[/QUOTE]

I remember the second to last screen before I got the final confirmation when I ordered said 'Congratulations you qualify for a bonus offer' and then mentioned the Griffy familiar but it wasn't on any of the actual order invoices or emails.

Anyway, until this morning it was mentioned right on the item page so if you bought it prior to today you should still get it. Like the others said, I would contact support and mention that the Griffy Familiar DLC offer was listed as a bonus on the page when you placed your order.

So I contacted Customer Service via live chat and the conversation was as follows. So basically they just said sometime after it ships.

You are now connected to Natalia from Amazon.com.

Me: Last night, I placed a order for Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch , which included a code for additional downloadable content. However, it seems the DLC offer has been removed from the product page. The offer was still valid at the time I placed my order. Will I still receive the code for the additional content, as my order was placed before the offer was removed?

Natalia: Hello, my name is Natalia. I'll be happy to help you.
Yes, till the time you placed an order till the code was valid, you will get the promotion.

Me: Will the promotion code be emailed to me?

Natalia: Yes, it will be emailed to you.

Me: Is there a certain time frame for the delivery of the email?
Time frame as in days, not hours.

Natalia: I cannot actually see the promotion to tell you the time frame, but it will be emailed to you after the package ships.

The old fine print for the offer details explicitly said allow up to 2 days after shipment to receive the bonus offer.

If you got it yesterday you can give it another day but I wouldn't give it TOO long.

I ordered mine on the 25th and wrote CS on the 27th and got the code from them within a few hours of writing them.

Ordered on the 19th, shipped on the 25th and received on the 26th.
After I did not get an email yet I contacted support and they emailed me my code.
Shortly after I also received the official email with the same code.

[quote name='Persona Eater']So I contacted Customer Service via live chat and the conversation was as follows. So basically they just said sometime after it ships.[/QUOTE]

That's fine really.

Yeah, just be patient. I ordered on the 23rd (very late in the day), it shipped on the 25th (very early in the day), and I didn't get my code until a couple of hours ago.

Just got my code just a hour ago. So they're still sending them out if you got in an order before the removal of the dlc offer.

hmm seems like it's too late to get an order with the DLC in... and also 5% off (when bought together with strategy guide)

I got my game early Wednesday morning and contacted them about the code late Thursday night. People in this thread were making me paranoid about whether or not the codes would run out. Anyway, I got a reply from support with the code, then about an hour later I got the official email. Loving this game so far.

bread's done
Back