Ni No Kuni - Audio Language

Half Life

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hi everyone!
I'm gonna start playing Ni No Kuni now, but idk what audio language I should choose.

I am inclined to choose Japanese as I always watch Subbed Anime, but idk what if the English Audio is good or not.

Can anyone help me here? xP

The English dub is fine. After the first portion of the game there's a lot less spoken dialogue in the game so it doesn't really matter.

In battles, the NA voice of Oliver was a bit annoying to me. The NA drippy is pretty good/unique, but you'll want subtitles on anyway with him, so I went with JP.

I chose JP at first/install, then later changed to NA to try it out and liked JP better. No reinstall needed, just an option in the menu. Try them both out for a bit.

Love this option in games, so rare. Wish JP voice was an option in Tales of series, Final Fantasy, etc.

Is the NA voice over different from the UK one? As far as I was aware they all were speaking in British accents, with the fairies talking in Irish accents.

The English voices are very well done for the most part, especially Mr. Drippy. My problem is that not a lot of the dialogue is voiced after a while, so might recommend Japanese if they voiced more of the game.

That's why I'm saying it becomes irrelevant to what option you pick. Won't matter after a while into the game apart from battle.

Try the ps2 classic Persona 3 FES. It's a lot darker than this game but the whole familiars aspect is close enough to that of the persona's. Outside of the nintendo poke games I'm not sure there are others that I know of.

Final Fantasy xiii-2 has a similar monster capture mechanic as well. 

Any other games like this on PS3?
Tales of Graces f and Tales of Xillia are like NNK in that they are RPGs. They have 100x better battles systems, no monster catching, ok stories, ok to good characters/development, anime cutscenes, amazing voiced skits that add character development and humor, colorful graphics, cooking and/or material gathering for extra stat boosts, weapon/armor enhancing in Graces, the overworld isn't fully accessible like in NNK, but each "zone" will add up to a overworld map you can back-track by clicking an area, and you can still see enemies on screen to sneak attack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.

I really like the monster mechanic.

Another monster mechanic game I liked was Enchanted Arms.

bread's done
Back