Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch $33.99 at GameStop.com

[quote name='strait edge follower']a value of a game in the end is a gamer to gamer basis, nobody is right or wrong. argument over :)[/QUOTE]

i couldnt have said it better myself. calling someone an idiot just because they want a game cheaper is over the line. hello, are we not on cag? plus, a game that goes for 100hrs plus isnt always worth full price.

personally, i never buy 60 games because no game is worth 60 dollars. mid 40s and less but thats me.

[quote name='d8onausa']

For the record, I bought Ni no Kuni and Tomb Raider day one, and Tomb Raider is the shorter but better game.[/QUOTE]

Why do you think so?

[quote name='d8onausa']I'd argue that anyone who judges the value of a game solely by its length is the idiot.

For the record, I bought Ni no Kuni and Tomb Raider day one, and Tomb Raider is the shorter but better game.[/QUOTE]
i dont even know where to begin with this.

[quote name='fortunado']I just checked the link, shows $59.99. Is this over already?[/QUOTE]

i think so. amazon has it for 39.99 ... dont know if people will get taxed though

[quote name='fortunado']I just checked the link, shows $59.99. Is this over already?[/QUOTE]
it is over.

[quote name='TooPoor']So Chicago hasn't joined the amazon tax line up yet?[/QUOTE]

Not yet, and I'm Savoring every minute until the inevitable

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Why do you think so?[/QUOTE]I guess the most glaring thing is that Ni no Kuni is an RPG that largely gets by on its graphics. The story is not all that compelling, and the fact that so little of the dialogue is voiced is just lazy. If it didn't look like a cartoon, I suspect it would have received very little attention.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Is $20 cert and $40 store credit suppose to justify $60 cash? Lol[/QUOTE]

Uhhh considering I pay for these mainly in gift cards and RZ certificates, yeah.

[quote name='d8onausa']I guess the most glaring thing is that Ni no Kuni is an RPG that largely gets by on its graphics. The story is not all that compelling, and the fact that so little of the dialogue is voiced is just lazy. If it didn't look like a cartoon, I suspect it would have received very little attention.[/QUOTE]

that didnt tell me what made Tomb Raider better lol

@Kingofoldschool- Giftcards/certs will never amount up to actual cash. It isnt the same

Even if you don't usually like JRPGs or haven't played one in years you should give this one a shot at this price. Ni No Kuni and Persona 4 Golden got me back into a genre that I hadn't had an interest in in a long time. I've picked up Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, FF VI, VII, VIII, and IX on PSN, FF XIII, Pokemon Black and Lost Odyssey. I also beat Chrono Trigger. To say that this game had an influence on the types of games that I play might be an understatement.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']that didnt tell me what made Tomb Raider better lol

@Kingofoldschool- Giftcards/certs will never amount up to actual cash. It isnt the same[/QUOTE]

Of course it's the same. You're still paying the same amount either way. It may be a different form of payment, but you're still paying for the item.

[quote name='d8onausa']I guess the most glaring thing is that Ni no Kuni is an RPG that largely gets by on its graphics. The story is not all that compelling, and the fact that so little of the dialogue is voiced is just lazy. If it didn't look like a cartoon, I suspect it would have received very little attention.[/QUOTE]

you must think that nintendo are lazy then as their games have basically zero voice acting :)

[quote name='Brother Daz']Anyone have their copy ship yet?[/QUOTE]
It said they don't ship on weekends.

[quote name='strait edge follower']you must think that nintendo are lazy then as their games have basically zero voice acting :)[/QUOTE]

Hey it's a me strait edge follower

[quote name='Blaster man']I finished the game. I saved the world. I'm not going to reload before the world was saved and do some goddamn fetch quests. [/QUOTE]

Ha! Word. +1

[quote name='Blaster man']Holy shit, start talking about JRPG's and the forum turns into a fanfic forum instead of one for cheap people. No one fucking said its not worth the money. They said they want to pay less. If you want people to pay more just because its a JRPG then you're wasting your time. FYI I played it and it was FINE. The art is beautiful but it is NOT the best JRPG of the generation. It's got a ton of cliche bullshit that makes you cringe. The game was fun to play through but it is not perfect. Not by a long shot. It's about as good as Blue Dragon. That places it below Tales of Vesperia and Lost odyssey for JRPG's this gen.

Post game content takes you back before the final battle. That's the worst way to do that stuff and I didn't even bother with it. I finished the game. I saved the world. I'm not going to reload before the world was saved and do some goddamn fetch quests.[/QUOTE]
spoiler alert please!

Blaster mans opinion was extremely irrelevant when he said its as good as Blue Dragon and below Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey. Ironically those are all 360 exclusives (fanboy?). Go back to Call of Duty or whatever you're familiar with because JRPGS isnt one of them.

and if you dont want to do the "extras" after you beat the game then do them before? lol

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Blaster mans opinion was extremely irrelevant when he said its as good as Blue Dragon and below Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey. Ironically those are all 360 exclusives (fanboy?). Go back to Call of Duty or whatever you're familiar with because JRPGS isnt one of them.

and if you dont want to do the "extras" after you beat the game then do them before? lol[/QUOTE]

2nd

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Blaster mans opinion was extremely irrelevant when he said its as good as Blue Dragon and below Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey. Ironically those are all 360 exclusives (fanboy?). Go back to Call of Duty or whatever you're familiar with because JRPGS isnt one of them.

and if you dont want to do the "extras" after you beat the game then do them before? lol[/QUOTE]

2nd

I'm such a fool. I wanted to return my copy at Best Buy but I completely forgot their return policy changed :(

Now I have two new copies of this game :(

I have a backlog, and I didn't manage to play this game in Spring Break.

Not defending anyone but the fact that those games were mentioned doesn't necessarily mean he's a 360 fanboy. It just so happens there are hardly ANY turn-based JRPGs this gen (I know Ni No Kuni isn't completely turn-based, but partly) and Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey happen to be on the 360. I can't think of any true turn-based jrpg (not tactical) that came out on the PS3.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']but what does turn based have to do with anything and why cant tactical (valkyria chronicles) be one?[/QUOTE]

Heh, that was the one I was thinking about also. Excellent game regardless of what its genre you'd call it.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Not defending anyone but the fact that those games were mentioned doesn't necessarily mean he's a 360 fanboy. It just so happens there are hardly ANY turn-based JRPGs this gen (I know Ni No Kuni isn't completely turn-based, but partly) and Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey happen to be on the 360. I can't think of any true turn-based jrpg (not tactical) that came out on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

There's Costume Quest and... Costume Quest.

bread's done
Back