Nicolas Cage Appreciation

my_hair_is_a_bird-257x300.jpg

cage4.jpg

stillhonest.jpg

More here.

"The bees! Not the bees! Ahhh! They're in my mouth!"

I love Cage. I always somehow enjoy watching his films, good or bad.

I'll be honest here, and don't insult me for it, but I thought this was a serious topic. I thought someone actually was going to appreciate him. Anyway, on topic:

I think Nicolas Cage is a cool guy, eh has a flaming skull and doesnt afraid of anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IRHari']I'll be honest here, and don't insult me for it, but I thought this was a serious topic. I thought someone actually was going to appreciate him. [/QUOTE]

You said not to insult you for it but... come on man.

Also, this douche owes like 6 million dollars in back taxes to the IRS.
http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2...owes_the_irs_62_million_for_unpaid_taxes.html

Wicker Man is one of the funniest movies ever made, but no thanks to his acting ability. His LACK of acting ability is why it is one of the funniest movies ever made.

I will say for all his faults, he does a great job in Raising Arizona. One of my favorite films of all time.

[quote name='IRHari']I'll be honest here, and don't insult me for it, but I thought this was a serious topic. I thought someone actually was going to appreciate him.[/QUOTE]
Me 2, but then again this is CAG!

[quote name='dead of knight']

wicker man is one of the worst movies ever made, but no thanks to his acting ability. His lack of acting ability is why it is one of the worst movies ever made.[/quote]

fixed

There was a time when Nicholas Cage was in a movie, I knew that it was worth a look. Now a days when Nicholas Cage is in a movie, I assume that the film is crap.

i liked him in gone in 60 secs its one of the few remakes i thought was better than the original( tried to watch the original but it was so poorly made but i respect what the guy did for the time he did it in). that alcholic movie he did was good too.

[quote name='Xevious']fixed

There was a time when Nicholas Cage was in a movie, I knew that it was worth a look. Now a days when Nicholas Cage is in a movie, I assume that the film is crap.[/QUOTE]
The film is supposed to be horror, yet if you watch it, it's obviously a comedy. I suppose you could say it's one of the worst movies ever made by the fact that it's something completely different from what they intended.

Guy can actually act, but makes most of his money in the shittiest films. It's super bizarre to watch him do a great job in something like Adaptation and then see him in Ghost Rider or Wicker Man. He's definitely well aware of what he's doing though.

I really like Nick Cage, even in his shittier movies. Knowing was the first one I saw of his that I really hated.

Don't think I saw anyone mention the Rock or the Family Man; I really like both of those. Also dug both of the National Treasure movies.

I think he's a pretty cool guy. He is definitely completely self-aware, in regards to his less-than-outstanding roles. He's pretty much acknowledged in interviews that he's totally aware of how awful Wicker Man and Ghost Rider were, and that he himself thinks of those situations as funny.

I thought Ghost Rider was a decent movie, but I saw Knowing last week and can't get over the urge to punch everyone involved with it in the throat.

I think that Nicolas Cage should step away from the bike. And he should take his stupid mask with him.

[quote name='kaw']Wild at Heart clips, my favorite starts at 6:45.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXP5ODvsXko[/QUOTE]
Laughed out loud at that clip at the end, he's hardcore.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen anywhere near all his movies, but here are ones I did like. I never stopped enjoying his movies, don't know why it's cool to hate him now. Ya, the taxes someone posted, not like he's the only star who screws up like that.

knowing
national treasure
the weather man
lord of war
the family man
gone in 60
8mm
snake eyes
face off
con air
the rock
leaving las vegas
it could happen to you
raising arizona
fast times at ridgemont high

[quote name='Will']Not reading page one but am I the only one that liked Next?[/QUOTE]

I didn't hate it, but it wasn't one of his best. I did think it got better as it went along though (and I really liked the ending).

Yeah, Nick used to be good. Now I like him more as a joke. He's made some interesting career choices in the last few years.

I remember hearing somewhere that given name is not Nicholas Cage (shocking!). I'll have to try to find what it was...

EDIT: OP, I don't think you would get as many views on this thread if you changed the title to: Nicholas Kim Coppola Appreciation.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']Yeah, Nick used to be good. Now I like him more as a joke. He's made some interesting career choices in the last few years.

I remember hearing somewhere that given name is not Nicholas Cage (shocking!). I'll have to try to find what it was...[/QUOTE]

his real name is Coppola. He was trying to make it on his own (he has) without the family name.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']EDIT: OP, I don't think you would get as many views on this thread if you changed the title to: Nicholas Kim Coppola Appreciation.[/QUOTE]
What a fantastic name. I don't get why people would want to change their names like that.
niccagelonghair.jpg

Honestly, I think Nicholas Cage is a good actor who can portray a wide range of emotions--despite his voice, which doesn't have such range. I enjoyed his performances in everything from Peggy Sue Got Married to Fast Times at Ridgemont High to Wild at Heart, Raising Arizona, and Face/Off. He is versatile, despite some people not liking him.

Knowing was an average movie, the special effects where good and the movie looks great thanks it to being shot on red cam. The ending is where my problem was

the aliens coming down and taking the kids
was really stupid, however
Then Nic driving through the dying city listening to Beethoven, going to his parents house and dying together
redeemed it for me. I really like that bit.

I won't buy it on DVD but i'd watch it again.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Knowing was an average movie, the special effects where good and the movie looks great thanks it to being shot on red cam. The ending is where my problem was

the aliens coming down and taking the kids
was really stupid, however
Then Nic driving through the dying city listening to Beethoven, going to his parents house and dying together
redeemed it for me. I really like that bit.

I won't buy it on DVD but i'd watch it again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I liked it. I thought a couple things were unintentionally funny to me such as
the flaming moose, and when he asks the guy who he is and light comes out of his mouth with a roar
. I guess I just accept Nick Cage as who he is. A unique but weird actor who makes a lot of films, so many are guaranteed to not be great. I like him in most of his stuff, but then, I haven't seen Ghost Rider, Next, Weather Man, or most of his films, if I think about it.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Don't do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXUfEru-tqQ[/QUOTE]
That was pretty well done. Good job by those guys. I LOL'd

I feel like watching another film with him in just to laugh at him. What's one of his worst films? Apart from the masterpiece that is The Wicker Man

[quote name='Stoneage']Yeah, I liked it. I thought a couple things were unintentionally funny to me such as
the flaming moose, and when he asks the guy who he is and light comes out of his mouth with a roar
. I guess I just accept Nick Cage as who he is. A unique but weird actor who makes a lot of films, so many are guaranteed to not be great. I like him in most of his stuff, but then, I haven't seen Ghost Rider, Next, Weather Man, or most of his films, if I think about it.[/QUOTE]
Weather Man was a great film, you should see it.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']Can't forgive him for ruining Lord of War, just stick to the National Treasure movies, please.[/QUOTE]
How'd he ruin it? I thought it was very good and he did a good job in his role.

[quote name='J7.']I haven't seen anywhere near all his movies, but here are ones I did like. I never stopped enjoying his movies, don't know why it's cool to hate him now. Ya, the taxes someone posted, not like he's the only star who screws up like that.

knowing
national treasure
the weather man
lord of war
the family man
gone in 60
8mm
snake eyes
face off
con air
the rock
leaving las vegas
it could happen to you
raising arizona
fast times at ridgemont high[/QUOTE]

Letting us know that you actually thought 'Knowing' was a good movie, just lets us know that we shouldn't trust any of your judgments.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Letting us know that you actually thought 'Knowing' was a good movie, just lets us know that we shouldn't trust any of your judgments.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed it for what it was. I didn't think it was great, it was decent. If you already have prejudice against an actor in the film I wouldn't expect you to think it was good anyway. Anyways the problem with that film was it's execution from a production/direction standpoint, not its actors or actresses.

8MM is a pretty awful movie. But I don't know if that was his fault or if it was just a shitty movie. He probably didn't help, though.

[quote name='StealthSoul']That was pretty well done. Good job by those guys. I LOL'd

I feel like watching another film with him in just to laugh at him. What's one of his worst films? Apart from the masterpiece that is The Wicker Man[/QUOTE]

What is the name of the movie in which he bench-pressed a blonde, and beat the fuck out of Michael Rappaport?

N/m. It was "Kiss of Death".

bread's done
Back