Nightmare Before Christmas

Veronica Mars

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I don't know where to post this....

Anyways, I bought the recent Reg. Dvd , and the intro ( This is Halloween) is different. Where Sally is shown, it's quiet.
Is it just me, or do they skip that part?

I did.
It's the "I am the wind blowing threw your hair"
Right before you see boogie in the moon.

My dvd shows the intro, but skips those words, but still plays the song.

I have the Blu Ray, and there's no problem at that part.

Perhaps you have a defective DVD?

The sampler Blu Ray disc that came with my PS3 had some similar problems. The Batman Begins teaser on it only had music and sound, but no narration by Christian Bale. There's a bit in one video where Jack Sparrow is supposed to talk, but nothing is heard. Also, the Harry Potter trailer on it only has audio coming from the left channel, and on the right it's the music from the Corpse Bride trailer.

if you are talking about the nightmare blu ray you are in fact right. I think they updated the sound for it. Sound does drop out mometarily..well you can barely hear it in the background. I dont know, maybe a malfunction.

So I checked my BD again. That line is definitely there. I use headphones to watch movies, btw. I think the line is oddly coming mainly from the left channel, and then kinda moves over to the right channel. Are you getting sound out of both channels of your TV or whatever?

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Yeah.
So, your saying it's just very quiet?[/quote]

I Switched it out, yet again! Still the same problem. I tried with ear phones, and nothing!

Anyone else with the DVD who can give in-put?

Folks at the amazon.com are talking about the same thing... they are sort of pissed that it was messed with.

I think the Blu_Ray is ok. I think the standard one is the one with the problems.

Hrmm... might return my Blu-Ray to Amazon if this is the case... especially since I paid $27.95 for it and it's now $22.xx... and Amazon doesn't do the Post Price Guarantee anymore... that stinks if this is a real issue as this is one of my most waited for Blu-Ray releases.

I have both the DVD and Blu-ray Edition...I listened to it multiple times with my Surround Sound set-up and there is no issue. Sounds perfectly fine

Agreed. No problem here. Picked up the Nightmare bluray from Amazon and the lines/lyrics in question are perfectly audible --- it's not even quiet at all. Calibrated 5.1 setup using PS3 as player.

... Altan

bread's done
Back