NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams - Gameplay footage!

i thought the enviornment and sound was very nice. it was very easy and calming to watch the whole video. the control and gameplay looks fun.

i wasn't sure exactly what was going on in the second part of the video though. i didn't play the original game though.

I don't know much about Nights but I've drawn the conclusion that you chase peacocks through hula hoops. It feels so empty without music.

It looks kinda interesting. It's kinda akin to Sonic and the secret rings.

[quote name='buttle']i wasn't sure exactly what was going on in the second part of the video though. i didn't play the original game though.[/quote]
It looks like a pinball machine where you had to grab the guy and swing him up to the top.

It looks pretty promising... but I can see this game bombing. Big time.

I'm getting it though. I need to bust out the original and play it- it was a great game.

I really really hate to say this, but that video was...well...boring. It might have been the lack of music, but idk...didn't seem like there was much to the gameplay.

I really hope I'm wrong and it was just the lasck of music, because NiGHTS is an awesome franchise that needs to be revived...the right way.

Unless this gets a 8.5-10 score I'll pass. The only reason I remember enjoying the original so much was the fact that it was one of the first games that gave me a feeling of freedom to explore the in game world.... at that time there weren't many games like that. Now, there are tons... and much better ones at that.

I played a bit of Nights when I was young, and loved it. With the announcement of Journey of Dreams, I was skeptical if the love for Nights (for me and in general) was based almost entirely on nostalgia.

So I decided to give the game a another go a couple weeks ago. It was my first time playing past the first stage (I only played the instore demo years ago). I ended up playing through the game several times, and formed a new, better informed opinion of the game. Nights into Dreams is still a fantastic game, and deserves the praise and its place in gaming history. With the fantasy setting of dreams, a touch of childhood innocence, and strangely addictive gameplay, I think the game is still a unique and rewarding gaming experience even today.

A word of caution though. For those that have never played Nights, the gameplay boils down to a 2D time/score attack game. The goal is to link together as many actions as possible (collect spheres or fly through rings) before the timer runs out. Probably not for everyone.

bread's done
Back