Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero (New album is out! GO BUY IT!)

[quote name='Sporadic']It's scientifically impossible for NIN to suck :cool:

Really though give it time. I'm sure by the time this thread is over somebody will come in here screaming "NIN isn't real industrial. You dudes need to listen to Skinny Puppy and Einstürzende Neubauten. :drool: " even though nobody has brought it up.[/QUOTE]

NIN isn't real industrial. You dudes need to listen to Skinny Puppy and Einstürzende Neubauten. :drool:

Actually, skinny puppy seems to be more pop-y. greater wrong sure was and so is the new/upcoming album (was it released?). probably related to ogre's involvement with jakalope (think evenescense, but good).

EN has some new stuff from a few years ago...not sure that that sounds like. im currently focused on melody and harmony, not abstract old school industrial.

hell, ill even throw myself deeper in the "not real industrial" pit - im looking forward to the upcoming manson album and subsequent tour. that's always a good time :)

i am seeing vnv nation in a few weeks, that will kick ass as usual...

id probably go see nails again too, but the last few shows i saw didnt compare to the downward spiral tour in 94. i wish i went to that nin bowie show. d'oh!

seeing skinny puppy a few years ago was pretty great - dont miss that show!

Track 10 is God Given

32222560rr0.gif

New preview of the album by Spin

While many details have yet to be confirmed about the forthcoming Nine Inch Nails album, the first since 2005's With Teeth, its title may turn out to be Year Zero, or so one can glean from a new URL on NIN's website: yearzero.nin.com.

Spin editors recently had the opportunity to preview a few tracks from the album. "It's a more compact, immediate Trent," said Spin assistant editor Kyle Anderson after the listening session. "It's probably the most minimalist Nine Inch Nails has ever been. Conversely, Trent's getting outside of himself lyrically -- it's a real state-of-the-union message wrapped in a sci-fi concept album about a totalitarian government in the not-too-distant future."

HOLY SHIT HE PLAYED LAST! HE fuckING PLAYED LAST LIVE!

[quote name='spiralhate from ETS']Amazing show, no question about it!
March of the Pigs was played with the house lights on, fantastic moment!

Setlist:
1. Mr. Self Destruct
2. Last
3. Terrible Lie
4. March Of The Pigs
5. Something I Can Never Have
6. The Line Begins To Blur
7. Closer
8. Burn
9. Wish
10. Eraser
11. La Mer
12. Into The Void
13. Help Me I Am In Hell
14. No You Don't
15. You Know What You Are?
16. Hurt
17. The Hand That Feeds
18. Head Like A Hole

The corn starch is back!!

trenteeyes2cl7qg3.jpg

trenteeyeslw9vx9.jpg

Photos taken by a fantastic photographer, Manuel Lino.
More to come soon on http://www.musica.iol.pt/[/QUOTE]

Ugh, this bootleg can't come quick enough. That setlist is fantastic.

I'll preview a few tracks...haven't really been into NIN since a little after The Downward Spiral.

Most importantly, WHERE IN THE fuck IS Closure ON DVD!?! Last I heard was a few years ago, and nothing has been said since. I have it on vhs, but it needs a dvd release...

[quote name='Frogger']NIN isn't real industrial. You dudes need to listen to Skinny Puppy and Einstürzende Neubauten. :drool:

Actually, skinny puppy seems to be more pop-y. greater wrong sure was and so is the new/upcoming album (was it released?). probably related to ogre's involvement with jakalope (think evenescense, but good).

EN has some new stuff from a few years ago...not sure that that sounds like. im currently focused on melody and harmony, not abstract old school industrial.[/quote]
Skinny Puppy pop-ish!? I agree that Greater Wrong of the Right is a far cry from other works; but VIVISect, Too Dark Park, etc? As for EN, I haven't listened to them in a long while. I'm picky when it comes to industrial. I've been sticking to staples like FLA and such. One group that I love a lot is In Strict Confidence (only group I've heard that can pull off a Depeche Mode cover and not sound like pure shit).

As for VNV Nation. They're actually comming to Norfolk on that tour and Im so going to it. Closest they've ever come here is DC, maybe even Richmond on the rare occasion...

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Most importantly, WHERE IN THE fuck IS Closure ON DVD!?! Last I heard was a few years ago, and nothing has been said since. I have it on vhs, but it needs a dvd release...[/QUOTE]

Never coming out thanks to legal issues.

Hit up thepiratebay for verison TR's camp leaked out along with the Broken Movie DVD.

In 2004, a long-anticipated DVD release was finally announced, only to be delayed indefinitely due to legal hang-ups and record company red tape. Now, with no official release in sight, the prototype version of the 2004 DVD has surfaced.

This prototype has not been professionally authored, encoded, or color-corrected, and the main feature has not been digitally remastered. As such, video quality is not as high as it will be if Closure ever sees an official commercial release. In the meantime, it's better than nothing.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']What is this, a music related thread WITHOUT 10+ "Your band sucks!" replies? Amazing. Where's SneakyPenguin to thumb his nose at you when you need him?[/quote]

What's with the grudge? Did I piss you off THAT much?

Anyways, I like The Fragile and With Teeth, so hopefully this one will be good too.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Anyways, I like The Fragile and With Teeth, so hopefully this one will be good too.[/QUOTE] But what of The Downward Spiral and Broken? Or even Pretty Hate Machine?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']But what of The Downward Spiral and Broken? Or even Pretty Hate Machine?[/quote]

I've never gotten around to listening to those in their entirety. Been meaning to for a while.

nice ...

can't wait to pick this up. The first 4 months of the year musicwise are being good to me (Pocket Symphony from Air next month, Year Zero in April) ...

1. hyperpower!
2. the beginning of the end
3. survivalism
4. the good soldier
5. vessel
6. me, i'm not
7. capital g
8. my violent heart
9. the warning
10. god given
11. meet your master
12. the greater good
13. the great destroyer
14. another version of the truth
15. in this twilight
16. zero-sum

http://yearzero.nin.com/

Some interesting titles there.

[quote name='Sporadic']Never coming out thanks to legal issues.

Hit up thepiratebay for verison TR's camp leaked out along with the Broken Movie DVD.[/quote]

I had a feeling about that. Damn! Thanks for letting me know why. I might have to BT it. I do have the VHS though. Got it back in 99 or 00 for 10 bucks used at a cd store here.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']1. hyperpower!
2. the beginning of the end
3. survivalism
4. the good soldier
5. vessel
6. me, i'm not
7. capital g
8. my violent heart
9. the warning
10. god given
11. meet your master
12. the greater good
13. the great destroyer
14. another version of the truth
15. in this twilight
16. zero-sum

http://yearzero.nin.com/

Some interesting titles there.[/QUOTE]

I thought he said there were going to be no With Teeth leftovers on Year Zero? The Warning was listed on the With Teeth PDF

Yeah people are discussing that at the NIN board, but couldn't the With Teeth poster just have been a teaser of Year Zero? There weren't any lyrics on there. I think the message to no one lyrics on the pdf also mentioned a great destroyer so maybe that was a hint too.

This all leaked actually through some fire sharing program, seems like the RIAA ruined the surprise by trying to put fake titles out, I expect Reznor to rant soon. Unless they put them up on the official site to add to the confusion, I doubt they're fake though.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I think the message to no one lyrics on the pdf also mentioned a great destroyer so maybe that was a hint too.[/QUOTE]

Man, me and you are on the same page.

Me over at SA:
[quote name='phatz']
Came to post this.

Maybe it evolved so much from the [WITH_TEETH] era that he considers it a completely different song.

Even so, wow.
[/quote]

Probably.

I wouldn't be surprised if The Great Destroyer is a different/reworked version of Message To No One.

Message To No One

Message to no one in particular
And guess what?
Nobody loves you
Nobody cares
I was sent here to give you this message

Oh, that's right - you're different
Different than the rest

I forgot
I forgot

Well fuck you
And fuck fitting in to your scene
fuck what you think

Oh yeah?

Well I'm the king of the world
The world that I'm destroying
Big chunks at a time
I am the destroyer of worlds

You watch and see
You watch and see

Songs have started leaking now, supposedly one was found on a memory stick in Portugal with a note. Check the NIN boards for links, I don't wanna post it here just in case its not allowed and I gotta head to work anyway.

Whoa guys... "My Violent Heart," that leaked track, can be heard now. You can follow the links through www.theninhotline.net. At the end of the song there is a bunch of static, and apparently someone ran that static through a spectropraph and it produced the following image:
http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=holyfuckingshitea8.png
The kicker is that it appears to resemble "God himself reaching his arm through," as referenced on this other cryptic page (and, of course, "The Wretched") http://www.consolidatedmailsystems.com/nooneimportant/ .

And apparently there is some phone number now where you can call to hear a clip of Survivalism?? This is pretty crazy!!

[quote name='BustaUppa']Whoa guys... "My Violent Heart," that leaked track, can be heard now. You can follow the links through www.theninhotline.net.
[/QUOTE]

Also, I tried every link on that board and couldn't get any to work.

It is up on oink already, however.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Survivalism was played on the radio and mp3s are spreading. Check out this thread for links.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/phpbbx/viewtopic.php?t=20399&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0[/quote]

looks like the actual album version was "leaked" as well, thanks to a first time poster with a spotty/unknown source. :lol: i guess there wouldn't be any mystique around it if he said "i'm a marketing plant. trent doesn't want a shitty radio-rip circulating, SO HERE'S THE TRACK!"

i really like the two tracks, though. almost makes me forget about with teeth. almost.

[quote name='rabbitt']How many songs do you guys expect we'll hear via being "leaked" like this?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing we'll get one more song.

Then sometime in March the whole album should leak out.

Oh God...I listened to "Survivalism" and "My Violent Heart", and never mind how I try to not listen to his lyrics most of the time, but between what I picked up in these two songs and looking at the track listing, we're not in for THE PROTEST ALBUM, are we? I can take (and get with) a "Hand That Feeds" here or there, but not sixteen fucking tracks of it.

P.S. Those songs apparently need to grow on me. Not bad, just not the wallop I was hoping for. The opening percussion track on "My Violent Heart" gave me Pretty Hate Machine flashbacks, which was nice.

There is a five disc preview floating around I think, so I'd expect three more tracks before the whole thing leaks probably. Someone reviewed a couple of the other songs and had pretty favorably reviews of them.

Me, I'm Not was found on a USB thumbdrive at last night's concert.

Also came with a track of cricket noise which contained a new phone number to call.

crickets02ng8.jpg

Lyrics:
well it's happening
never planned on this
you've got something I need
kind of dangerous
and I'm loosing control
I'm not used to this
what you want from me
I'm not used to this

I can't shut it off
this thing I've begun
and it's hard to tell
just where it's coming from
and it's hard to see
what I'm capable of
and it's hard to believe
what I've become

hey, can't stop
me, I'm not
hey, can't stop
me, I'm not
hey, can't stop
me, I'm not

I can swallow it down
keep it all it inside
I define myself
by how well I hide
I feel it coming apart
well, at least I tried

I can win this war
by knowing not to fight
if I take it all back
someway, somehow
if I knew back then
what I know now

hey can't stop
me, I'm not
hey can't stop
me, I'm not
hey, can't stop
me, I'm not
hey, can't stop
me, I'm not

[quote name='Scorch']I somehow doubt that it was just "found".. I think Trent's doing it on purpose, and this is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Of course it's intentional. I doubt Trent would leave 3 USB thumbdrives in the women's bathroom of three different venues by accident.

OH my GOD! Call that number. It's the freakiest fucking recording ever. It's some chick trapped in a room calling someone and screaming and crying because someone is after her and the chick says the cops put her there.. you hear a scream, breathing, then the line dies.. its messed up

//edit: and FWIW, Me, I'm Not is the best song of the three leaked.

Just called the last number on here and had a recording for a hotel. After being "transfered" once, it went back to the main msg. Then it transfered again, this time after a few rings, it sounds as if someone has picked up and put the phone down and it sounds like slightly faint typing or something in the background...weird...

Just now called the number from the first page to hear the clip of the song, and it went to someones cell phone. From the way the voicemail is set up it sounds like a Sprint number...

I'm really digging all 3 tracks.

I have mixed feelings - I love hearing the new stuff and can't stop myself from downloading, but I hope the whole thing doesn't leak before the record comes out. I'd still buy it (I'm a bit of a NIN completist) but it would be pretty anitclimatic.

bread's done
Back