Nine year old in hospital wants ipod touch. Any deals?

PapaSmerf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
My 9 year old son is in the hospital and has really been wanting an ipod touch. I want to get him one, but I have never followed them for deals. Do they go on sale, are there ever deals on them or are they pretty much always near msrp?

I'd appreciate any info or guidance I can get.

Almost always MSRP. You'll most likely never get one any cheaper, but the next best thing happens: comes with a gift card. Generally around holiday time, you'll see iPods for MSRP, but that come with a $25/$50 gift card. So if you do want a new one, I suggest checking local ads and seeing which stores are offering deals.

Or buy one from the refurb Apple store. Apple refurbished products are pretty much brand new.

Thanks A_D. It looks like we can only afford the 8GB version. If it fills up is that a problem or can he store apps and stuff on a PC or something and just load up what he needs for the situation? Sorry, I am pretty apple ignorant.

I'm sure this is probably obvious, but if you buy online at say Amazon or a similar site you can at least save a few bucks on tax vs buying in a store.

Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks everyone. He is going to go nuts and he deserves it!

Thanks also for the quick replies. I want to get this ordered right away.

CAG's are awesome!

You can also get 5gb of cloud storage free with iCloud. I've had my 8gb ipod for about a year and am constanty downloading new apps and still haven't ran out of room. So a 8gb should be enough for a 9 year old.

But if you do ever need more memory you can buy 10gb/20gb/50gb of cloud storage for $20/$40/$100 a year.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Thanks A_D. It looks like we can only afford the 8GB version. If it fills up is that a problem or can he store apps and stuff on a PC or something and just load up what he needs for the situation? Sorry, I am pretty apple ignorant.[/QUOTE]

You can get 5gb of cloud storage free with iCloud. I've had my 8gb ipod for about a year and am constanty downloading new apps and still haven't ran out of room. So a 8gb should be enough for a 9 year old.

But if you do ever need more memory you can buy 10gb/20gb/50gb of cloud storage for $20/$40/$100 a year.

Best deals with the iPod Touch is normally some type of gift card offer, either a store gift card or a iTunes gift card.

I've checked next week's ads for Target, Best Buy, Walmart, Sears, Office Depot, Office Max and Kmart and none of them have any sales or deals for the iPod Touch.

[quote name='iamsobroke']Craigslist is your friend you should be able to get a new one for about $50 cheaper than everywhere else minus tax[/QUOTE]

Most likely purchased with stolen credit card information too, I wouldn't support people on Craigslist.

Thanks again everybody. He could not wait for shipping, so I got him one from Best Buy. They had an opened one for $170 so he was able to use the rest of his $200 for an itunes gift card.

I really appreciate the quick responses. He will start over six months of clinic visits next week so this is the perfect thing to keep him busy while waiting for doctors and such. He was super excited about it as expected.

I know your question has been answered, but I wish your son a quick and happy recovery! I hope this makes his day!

Hey man, I know we just barely know each other and all that, but if there's anything I can do to help (like rake your yard or something ridiculous that you just don't want to deal with) let me know.

Sorry to hear about your son. I wish I see this earlier but Apple.com has refurbished one for discount. They're just like new. But Glad you've already got one for you son. I was in the market for a ipod nano myself I never see them on sale

[quote name='vantheman']Does anyone know if gamestop ipods are worth it?[/QUOTE]
sounds pretty good from their website. Even comes with new headphone. I wonder if it's a 3rd party headphone or a real Apple headphone.

bread's done
Back