Ninety-Nine Nights Demo Up on Live

Okay, well just as I thought, not for me. Got boring really quickly and seemed to lack the urgency that the tactics of Dynasty Warriors brought into play. It looks pretty, but unless you are a fan of these types of games, this probably won't do too much for you.

The voice acting/script appears to be pretty laughable as well. I think I'll get my mindless slaughter of thousands of enemies from Dead Rising.

Yeah, I didn't think it was bad for what it was, but it's up and down a pretty DW clone. I'll give it a rental but I don't think it'll be worth owning, even at $45.

I cant believe this I really want try this game and of course I can't cause stupid Broken 360 I hate how much content been going up and I have no 360.

This was one of the games that got me interested in the 360. Massive battles and copying DW, sounded fun. I hope it isn't that bad and all you guys are just jaded Nazi Gamers.

[quote name='shipwreck']I think I'll get my mindless slaughter of thousands of enemies from Dead Rising.[/quote]

QFT indeed. Still interested in Ninty Nine, but Dead Rising is THE game I've been wanting for 360. Guess I'll have to play the demo later today and see how it is.

[quote name='Apossum']can't wait to play the demo. how long is it?[/QUOTE]
it's kinda long, there is A LOT of enemies

I don't know... maybe Dynasty Warriors killed the whole mindless hack and slash genre for you guys but I found the demo extremely fun.

The dude has TONS of combo attacks to perform, which is way more than DW's "6 combos per character" BS. It's also nice seeing hundreds of enemies on screen at once (at least 200, I think).

The framerate took a dive at some points but it picked right back up, nothing that would make me stop me from buying this. This game is everything Dynasty Warriors should have evolved into... I think I might get this when it comes out.

The deciding factor is what is the game like outside of story mode, and how many playable characters does it have.

I'm someone who got burned out on DW's mindless garbage too, 99 Nights is genuinely fun and looks decent to boot.

I didn't like Kingdom Under Fire, but I'll give this a try. I'll probably delete it after the first play.

I liked the demo, but I die at the damn troll everytime. I guess I will have to get better at it. I am going to wait for the price to sink like a rock, then buy it. Mostly because I am a poor bastard. I enjoyed the demo and it was everything I wanted it to be. A ton of enemies, great sound and graphics. I had some problems with the camera, but nothing horrible. It reminds me of the LotR epic battles. Just not as epic. I can't wait to get my mits on the full version....in a few months.

could've been worse. having never played a dynasty warriors game, I thought it was decent. I'd buy it over any other 360 game that's out right now....

[quote name='Roufuss']I don't know... maybe Dynasty Warriors killed the whole mindless hack and slash genre for you guys but I found the demo extremely fun.

The dude has TONS of combo attacks to perform, which is way more than DW's "6 combos per character" BS. It's also nice seeing hundreds of enemies on screen at once (at least 200, I think).[/quote]

I agree that it is a superior game to any of the DW games so far, but still DW kind of killed the genre. I mean I only played the 360 one and by the time I beat the game I was completely sick of it. At least N-3 seems a bit more challenging. Of the 4 times I played that demo level I was only able to beat it twice.

[quote name='Kendal']I liked the demo, but I die at the damn troll everytime.[/quote]

The key is to use the red orb thing everytime it fills and then kill as many enemies as you can to fill up the blue orb gauge and use that on a big hoarde of enemies or the troll. I was able to fill the blue gauge twice in that levle. Plus, I think everytime you use the red orb power you gain some HP back and the blue totally refills life. Also combo a lot, that helps. The enemies can't seem to attack too well when you combo.

Not sure if I'll even bother downloading the demo... Dynasty Warriors is one of the worst designed games ever.

it's worth it just to see the ridiculous number of enemies on screen at once.

[quote name='terribledeli']the camera angle really kills the game for me. even zoomed out, its not far enough.

still keeping my pre-order though.[/QUOTE]

This was the only problem I had.

It's not a deal ruiner though.

[quote name='Chacrana']Not sure if I'll even bother downloading the demo... Dynasty Warriors is one of the worst designed games ever.[/QUOTE]It still sells around 1 million copies in Japan, every installment.;)

I have interest in Nintey Nine Nights, but I'm not really sure since the game was mostly developed by Phantagram (Q Entertainment mostly handed development to them) and I thought the KUF series was all right, at best (I greatly preferred DW).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']It still sells around 1 million copies in Japan, every installment.;)[/QUOTE]
And the German masses thought Hitler was the bomb.

Zing!

Seriously though, what the fuck is wrong with Japan?

Also, the camera DOES have problems. Even if I leave it at 3/4th veiw it still has problems when fighting on a hill and shit like that. I hope they fix that some because a game like this messing with the camera is the last thing you want to be doing.

[quote name='Stuka']Zing!

Seriously though, what the fuck is wrong with Japan?

Also, the camera DOES have problems. Even if I leave it at 3/4th veiw it still has problems when fighting on a hill and shit like that. I hope they fix that some because a game like this messing with the camera is the last thing you want to be doing.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anything will be changed from the demo to the game... the demo is pretty much what we'll be seeing in the final copy, if the game intends to meet it's shipping date it will go gold very soon for the US.

occasionally the camera would be close, but low, so I'd get a nice shot of the goblin's legs and asses. why they would even put an angle like that in a game like this is beyond me...

I have interest in Nintey Nine Nights, but I'm not really sure since the game was mostly developed by Phantagram (Q Entertainment mostly handed development to them) and I thought the KUF series was all right, at best (I greatly preferred DW).

I wish it was all done by Q...they'd find a way to make it more addictive than crack and shorten those long walks to the next battle.

[quote name='Apossum']
I wish it was all done by Q...they'd find a way to make it more addictive than crack and shorten those long walks to the next battle.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I don't know what's up with those... Dynasty Warriors uses them too, I think along the walks are "trigger points" to spawn more enemies, hence why the walks are so long, to space out the encounter rate.

The game lags a bit with so many things on screen, if you doubled or tripled that it would probably crash.

I can't wait for this one to hit, maybe Koei will finally fucking take notice and fix the very broken DW series. The only reason it does so well in Japan, imo, is because of the history behind it.

I had the dude in N3 pulling off so much crazy shit... spearing a guy, twirling him around, air combos, spinning his spear around demolishing everything... I think the demo has 20 - 25 different combos you can do from the start.

The game is already going to be addictive for me... the sheer amount of enemies on screen at once was an awesome feeling, something DW should have tried to do long ago. No fog or pop up either that I noticed! Seeing hordes of goblins coming across a hill was an awesome rush.

This is why I love the marketplace... I was on the fence about this title, but the demo has made me really want the game.

[quote name='dooddude']What's your guys' biggest combos? Mine is 726[/QUOTE]

Mine was over 1,100, I don't remember the exact number.

Got it near the end when there is a ton of guys on screen at once... the move when he impales the goblin and twirls him around hitting a ton of people drove my combo rate way up.

[quote name='Roufuss']Mine was over 1,100, I don't remember the exact number.

Got it near the end when there is a ton of guys on screen at once... the move when he impales the goblin and twirls him around hitting a ton of people drove my combo rate way up.[/quote]

Mine was over 2000. It's when you mean back up with Inphyy. Jump attack right into the middle, combo'd a little and then used the red orb and did the slide attack thing. I want to hit the blue orb power up in that circle next time. I'm hoping it'll send goblins flying in literally every direction.

[quote name='Stuka']Mine was over 2000. It's when you mean back up with Inphyy. Jump attack right into the middle, combo'd a little and then used the red orb and did the slide attack thing. I want to hit the blue orb power up in that circle next time. I'm hoping it'll send goblins flying in literally every direction.[/QUOTE]

It did and it was awesome, I did it myself ;)

[quote name='dooddude']What's your guys' biggest combos? Mine is 726[/quote]

I had a big combo going, over 1000 hits. It was badass.

This whole game will be awesome.

I might wait for a few reviews though... it might not have alot of replayability once you unlock everything, the achievements for the game are kind of bare (and easy to get, at least some of them).

All Characters Max (200) Raise every character to level 9 and clear all stages.
All Stages A Rank or Above (200) Clear all stages with A rank or higher.
Aspharr Clear (100) Clear all of Aspharr's stages.
Dwingvatt Clear (100) Clear all of Dwingvatt's stages.
Inphyy Clear (100) Clear all of Inphyy's stages.
Klarrann Clear (50) Clear all of Klarrann's stages.
Myifee Clear (50) Clear all of Myifee's stages.
Secret Character Clear (50) Clear all of the secret character's stages.
Special Stage Clear (100) Clear the special stage.
Tyurru Clear (50) Clear all of Tyurru's stages.

on second thought, this demo is pretty sweet and I'll probably get this on launch :)

my highest combo was 1305.

[quote name='Apossum']
I wish it was all done by Q...they'd find a way to make it more addictive than crack and shorten those long walks to the next battle.[/QUOTE]

It'd probably end up like Gitaroo man but for every note you hit, you slice an enemy in half. There's also be the typical Mizuguchi electronic music...

Come to think of it, a game like that'd be pretty awesome.

With voice acting this bad I don't get why they don't offer optional Japanese voice w/subtitles. The game's pretty fun, although it can get a little brainless. Probably end up renting it since new content isn't too plentiful yet.

Also, what the fuck happened to no new marketplace content on Fridays?

[quote name='Chacrana']It'd probably end up like Gitaroo man but for every note you hit, you slice an enemy in half. There's also be the typical Mizuguchi electronic music...

Come to think of it, a game like that'd be pretty awesome.[/QUOTE]

I'm sold. dude, go propose that to him. If he turns away with a mean look on his face, start crying and say "Gomendesai!!!!!!!" in a really high pitched voice ;)

on a side note, some people who played the Japanese version said it seemed like they fixed the slowdown plaguing it.

the bad news is that the main game has no checkpoints, like the demo :bomb: I really hope they fixed that because it would fucking suck to have to keep playing levels over like that...considering the game is basically about luck.

I think I've got this game figured out.

234234234234044ar3.jpg

Only achievement that seems like it would take much effort is the A Rankings and even then I imagine they are easy enough. The play through before this one I got an A Ranking and leveled up twice.

The demo was pretty fun. I got a max combo of 1665.

Seems like it will be a difficult game, and like someone else said it sucks that there is no checkpoints.

[quote name='sanjuro']With voice acting this bad I don't get why they don't offer optional Japanese voice w/subtitles. The game's pretty fun, although it can get a little brainless. Probably end up renting it since new content isn't too plentiful yet.

Also, what the fuck happened to no new marketplace content on Fridays?[/QUOTE]

Even with next gen games we're still not seeing the original language? Sigh...

[quote name='TheRock88']Also a rental for me. Seems like a poor man's Dynasty Warriors that you can beat over a weekend.[/QUOTE]

This game is FAR from a poor man's Dynasty Warriors... it makes that shitty series it's bitch many times over.

Camera sucks. More mindless then Dynasty Warriors it seems (is that even possible?) I think I'll stick to Dead Rising and also wait for a KUF 360 game,because Kingdom Under Fire is leagues ahead of Dynasty Warriors and this game. This might be worth $10 for a full retail version, but not much more at this point IMHO.

Edit: I'll admit having that many enemies on screen was a riot though at first. I hope KOEI takes a hint.

bread's done
Back