Ninja Blade. The God of War for the 360???

planetkems

CAG Veteran
I was watching X-Play the other day and saw the segment when they were reviewing Ninja Blade for the 360. On the review she said that due to God of War is not on the Xbox 360 Ninja Blade would be your next alternative because it plays like God of War. They also gave it a 4 out of 5.

I had Ninja Blade on reserve at GameStop but I had to cancel it due to that I will just save my money for a different future game. I played the demo of it and i kinda liked it so i am now debating if i should go back and get it.

Any thoughts on this? Anybody played Ninja Blade yet?

So is it buy:bouncy: or rent? :bomb:

Ninja Blade. The God of War for the 360???

No.

Looks like a fun play through - but I wouldn't dish out 60 bucks for it quite yet with the assumption it's equivalent/better then the God of War series. Rent it!

If you like hitting a button when the screen tells you to and call that a God of War experience, then sure. Other then that, it felt more like a poor man's Ninja Gaiden. That and quick time events were waaaay too forgiving considering if you mess up you get a redo instantly.

I'm basing this on the demo by the way, but overall gameplay and everything else...I Think it's just rental at best (other review sites seem to agree as well).

I LOOOOOOOOOVE the GoW games.

Hated the Ninja Blade demo. QTEs were way too much, combat was meh, and the boss was more tedious than fun.

It looks like a fun rental, but the demo didn't leave me feeling like it was worth a purchase.

There's a Ninja Blade topic in the xbox forum too.

I'd give Conan and Beowulf a rental for a God of War experience on the Xbox 360. Beowulf looks interesting enough, a squad mechanic in a GoW game, looks cool in videos at least.

I loved Conan. I thought it was a highly underrated game. It's not the pinnacle of graphics and technical perfection but it was a lot of fun. I particularly enjoyed having three different fighting styles and leveling up each to unlock new combos. It took a game that might've been repetitive and kept it fresh the whole way through.

[quote name='Maklershed']I loved Conan. I thought it was a highly underrated game. It's not the pinnacle of graphics and technical perfection but it was a lot of fun. I particularly enjoyed having three different fighting styles and leveling up each to unlock new combos. It took a game that might've been repetitive and kept it fresh the whole way through.[/QUOTE]

I second this opinion, definitely worth trying out Conan. I was pleasantly surprised by how fun it was despite it's technical prowess.

[quote name='ohboy10451']Ninja Gaiden 2 is much better. Not an opinion, just a FACT![/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Ninja Blade is definitely a rental title. I didn't care much for it, but it's not a terrible game. It's certainly no God of War, that much I can say.

[quote name='distgfx']I second this opinion, definitely worth trying out Conan. I was pleasantly surprised by how fun it was despite it's technical prowess.

Agreed.

Ninja Blade is definitely a rental title. I didn't care much for it, but it's not a terrible game. It's certainly no God of War, that much I can say.[/quote]

I agree with you. It isn't that great or bad. The demo is way different from the actual game to me. In the main game the part that was the demo is different. I think it is worth a rental.

I really like Ninja Blade.

Then again, I really like From Software titles.

I got it and I'm having fun with it so far. It's not as good as Ninja Gaiden, but I don't think the two are comparable outside the fact the main character is a ninja.

bread's done
Back