Ninja Five-O GBA $29.99 and in stock at GQD!

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I thought they sold out of these long ago. Fun Ninja Gaiden/Bionic Commando type game, tough to find and OK price. Not sure how many in stock but I was able put 99 in my cart.

Gamesquest Direct has apologized to CAG and is trying to win us back.
details here

This is a reliable seller with genuine sealed GBA games.

I did contact them and they verified that ALL GBA game orders, even single game orders are packed in a SHIPPING BOX so no worries of crushed game boxes.

$3.99 shipping

Standard coupon codes - No expiration
CAG5 - $5 off $50.00 or more
CAG10 - $10 off $100 or more
CAGship - Free shipping orders $75 or more

Buy Ninja Five-O from GQD

game-questdirect_1956_166146046

Ninja50-3.jpg
Ninja50-1.jpg

2.jpg
1.jpg

[quote name='cyrix`']Not gonna lie this game looks like it'd be terrible.[/quote]Actually this is one of the better action games on the GBA, on par with metroid and castlevania even.

yep, this game is supposed to play a lot like bionic commando... with ninjas. I'd snap it up, but $30 + shipping for a GBA game is kind of hard to swallow.

lol I bought this game at Sam's Club a couple years back for $13 and some change. It's okay, not one of my favorites, but that's just my opinion.

[quote name='cyrix`']Not gonna lie this game looks like it'd be terrible.[/quote]
Don't let the graphics fool you. As others have said, this is one GBA title that's incredibly fun and is definately one of the more overlooked titles that slipped under the radar.

Game in print is nice...but the cost for a GBA title at this point for $30 is eh..

[quote name='cyrix`']Not gonna lie this game looks like it'd be terrible.[/QUOTE]

Good thing you don't judge things by how they look. Unless you're an idiot.

It's easily one of the best games of this century. On any system. Bar none. It is one of the few games I would recomend paying $60 or more for. It took what worked for the best old-school 2-D side-scrollers and merged them together in an awesome experience, that actually can be acessable for everyone. The only reason I would suggest it, is if you're one of those shallow, lame-ass, nancy-come-lately's that missed the golden age of gaming altogether and can only stomach First-Person / Third-Person Shooters or Sport titles. In that case, skip anything that doesn't see release on Xbox 360. Yes, everything.

If you have ever liked any form of 2-D gaming, buy this now. If you don't own a system to play it on, grab a Gameboy Advance while your at it.

GQD has had this in stock since at least 2005 when they reprinted Persona 2/Rhapsody.

Game is fantastic though, certainly worth $30+ shipping if your intending on actually playing it.

yeah, I bought this about a year ago from GQD...they must have a lot of them, or no one's buying.

but yeah, if you think this looks bad....then you probably didn't grow up on the NES and Snes ;) because it's basically one of the best 2D side scrolling action games ever.

Is this another GQD reprint or just old stock? Five-O is pretty rare so I could see them reprinting it like all the PS1 and PS2 stuff they did in the past.

[quote name='norkusa']Is this another GQD reprint or just old stock? Five-O is pretty rare so I could see them reprinting it like all the PS1 and PS2 stuff they did in the past.[/QUOTE]

They've had it for at least the past year.

[quote name='norkusa']Is this another GQD reprint or just old stock? Five-O is pretty rare so I could see them reprinting it like all the PS1 and PS2 stuff they did in the past.[/quote]
Does it really matter? It's an awesome game that was overlooked by everyone. It's not like they're selling you a bootleg and telling you it's authentic.

The only video game console I collect any more is complete GBA games....since I doubt I'll find another copy of this game for under $40-50 (complete or sealed) when these are sold out I should just order it now.

[quote name='Tsukento']Does it really matter? It's an awesome game that was overlooked by everyone. It's not like they're selling you a bootleg and telling you it's authentic.[/QUOTE]

Well if it's a reprint, I'd rather just go down to EB/GS to pick it up since that's where most of GQD's reprints usually end up. That's why I'm asking.

Bought the game a few years back for $15 or so. I think that it's actually a pretty good looking GBA game--I thought it was fun but the controls were kind of difficult as I recall and the game was too hard. If they tuned the difficulty a bit I think it would have been much better.

[quote name='norkusa']Well if it's a reprint, I'd rather just go down to EB/GS to pick it up since that's where most of GQD's reprints usually end up. That's why I'm asking.[/QUOTE]
but would it be complete when EB/GS carries it? It will probably just be cart only

[quote name='-Never4ever-']The only reason I would suggest it, is if you're one of those shallow, lame-ass, nancy-come-lately's that missed the golden age of gaming altogether and can only stomach First-Person / Third-Person Shooters or Sport titles. In that case, skip anything that doesn't see release on Xbox 360. Yes, everything.[/quote]:lol:I think I love you.

Just check on ebay. I picked mine up in box and all for $15 and some change for shipping. As others have said, great game. I'm going through it on hard just to see if I'm man enough.

[quote name='royal']this might sound stupid but how does GQD reprint games?? i thought that would be illegal.[/QUOTE]

They get permission to do it from the publisher and pay them for it. They've done this with a lot of PS1 and PS2 Atlus games.

[quote name='royal']this might sound stupid but how does GQD reprint games?? i thought that would be illegal.[/quote]

They order a shitload from the publisher, and the publisher prints up more copies just for GQD. GQD isn't whipping up new copies in the basement or anything.

I have heard that the smallest order you can put in for mass production of CD or DVD based media is 10,000 units. So anytime GQD does a reprint, there should be at least that many new copies available.

This game is very fun. It's such a throw back to the old days, I loved it so much. Only sad part was that the game's kinda short.

It's worth $30 if you think the TMNT game for GBA is worth $30, which I think it is. Might have to get it. I've seen it once in store and that's when I worked at Gamestop.

[quote name='lorne']$7.99 used at EB/GS if you're lucky enough to find one.[/QUOTE]
Thank you SO much for the heads up! I've been looking for this game for 4-5 months, and I was almost tempted by the original offer of this topic, but I really can't see paying $30 for a GBA game.

I found one in stock at a GS 20 miles from me, and I wouldn't have normally driven that far, but it was by my brother's house, so I had an excuse to visit.

The cart was in horrible condition; it had three GS stickers on it, the front label is barely legible, and the cartidge's contact were so green and corroded, the game wouldn't even boot up initially. A Q-tip and rubbing alcohol restored it to life, and I couldn't be happier with my ugly $8 GBA game.

Quick question for anyone who has this: does your title screen say "Ninja Cop" instead of "Ninja Five-O", because mine does.

Anyway, to sum up a long, meandering post; thank you lorne!

[quote name='chakan']Quick question for anyone who has this: does your title screen say "Ninja Cop" instead of "Ninja Five-O", because mine does.[/quote]
That would be another game that's been given a bastardized European name. Ninja Five-O is known as Ninja Cop in Europe.

I think you have a bootleg gba cart.

[quote name='chakan']Thank you SO much for the heads up! I've been looking for this game for 4-5 months, and I was almost tempted by the original offer of this topic, but I really can't see paying $30 for a GBA game.

I found one in stock at a GS 20 miles from me, and I wouldn't have normally driven that far, but it was by my brother's house, so I had an excuse to visit.

The cart was in horrible condition; it had three GS stickers on it, the front label is barely legible, and the cartidge's contact were so green and corroded, the game wouldn't even boot up initially. A Q-tip and rubbing alcohol restored it to life, and I couldn't be happier with my ugly $8 GBA game.

Quick question for anyone who has this: does your title screen say "Ninja Cop" instead of "Ninja Five-O", because mine does.

Anyway, to sum up a long, meandering post; thank you lorne![/quote]

This game is AWESOME. Found it back in the day at Sam's Club for $12.94, then stupidly lost it somewhere in my college dorm room. I never found it either, leading me to suspect one of my roommates stole it. Still, I played enough of it to know you have to be a masochist to enjoy it.

[quote name='Puffa469']I think you have a bootleg gba cart.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tsukento']You are incorrect, good sir.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/image/589463.html?box=24033[/QUOTE]

He still may have a bootleg. I wrote the Bootleg GBA FAQ for CAG.

Quickest way to find out is to look just above the gold contacts and if it says Nintendo 200X in white letters it is authentic. You can see this without taking it apart by using a flashlight.

If his label is of Ninja Five-O and the cart boots to the EU title, it doesnt look good.

[quote name='-Never4ever-'] The only reason I would suggest it, is if you're one of those shallow, lame-ass, nancy-come-lately's that missed the golden age of gaming altogether and can only stomach First-Person / Third-Person Shooters or Sport titles. In that case, skip anything that doesn't see release on Xbox 360. Yes, everything.[/quote]

Sweet, thanks for saving me the 30 bucks.

[quote name='chakan']Well, fuck. I've got a bootleg then. Now what? Its not like I can just exchange it.[/QUOTE]

Well, it was only $8. It's not going to harm your system, but the save function may stop working. If you can't get another one, just play it or get a cart only one on eBay for $15 or so.

You could also just see if you like it and buy the new one in my first post.

Tempting, but the GS locator says its in stock down the street. If it's there, I wouldn't be able to pass up a cart-only for about $7.50 with tax, vs $33 for complete...hmm.

It's definitely a very fun sidescroller, as everyone else has mentioned, however I picked this up like in 2001 or 2002 on clearance at Fry's for 9.99 or maybe even less. They used to have BUTTLOADS of them.

I wish I had bought up all the copies to resell, damn...

[quote name='fairtrade']Does GQD box their GBA games for shipment or stick them in an envelope?[/QUOTE]

That is a good question. I cannot remember when I bought King of Fighters 2 GBA but my box isn't crushed. You would think that a retailer who sells alot to collectors would ship GBA games in a box. I will email them to see.

Edit: Alright, I emailed them.

[quote name='fairtrade']Does GQD box their GBA games for shipment or stick them in an envelope?[/quote]

First time posting. When I ordered Eternal Darkness from them on amazon, it was sent to me by mail in a bubblewrapped envelope. However, when I ordered Ninja Five-0 (about a year ago), it was sent in a box. I'm not sure if you just buy the game, though, because I also bought a gamecube memory card to go with it.

bread's done
Back