Ninja Gaiden 2 antics

rexflexall

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I picked up the last copy of Ninja Gaiden 2 at BB right when it opened up at 10 AM last Sunday. Funny, first customer to the section and only one copy? Glad I snagged it, but would have gone to Sears if I knew about their PM.

Anyway, some customer comes up 5 five minutes later and sees me still looking in the Xbox 360 section at the now empty NG2 tab. He asks me, "You lookin' for a copy of Ninja Gaiden 2?" I go "Yeah". So he cuts in front of me and starts furiously searching the section trying to beat me to looking for what he thinks might be the only copy of the game, hoping to screw me over. Oh yeah, I know he wants to screw me over and get the game before me. I let him search the entire section, then move my BB ad, and underneath it uncover the ONLY copy of the came in the store. I go "Dude, I already found it. But you can look for one for yourself now, thanks for your help." He mutters something that I can only think is cursing in Cantonese...and stomps away to the Wii section angrily.

I got my Ninja Gaiden 2, hopefully he PMd it somewhere else.

Anyone have some whacked up or funny story of how they snagged their copy of NG2? Post it here.

My Best Buy had 0 copies even on Sunday morning (I work there). Didn't work Sunday, kinda glad too since I know people were going to be pissed. I myself will just get a raincheck when I work on Saturday. I am in no hurry to get the game since I have a crazy backlog. Good of those who had a Best Buy that does not suck this hard.

I swung by on Saturday and mine had about 10-12 copies at 11am. I almost didn't take 2 and hide them as I planned. But decided to just to be safe - stashed them away.

My buddy and I then arrived Sunday right at 11am and went and sure enough all of them were gone so I went and grabbed the ones I stashed. The funny part was, there were 2 best buy employees searching for the game. Turns out the girl was trying to get 2 copies for her boyfriend and his friend who were coming to the store so my last 2 were it and she knew I had stashed them. :lol:

I waited in my car Sunday morning for my BB to open at 11. As the time neared I gathered with them and headed straight for the video game section to snag a copy. To my surprise it was already gone. I found an employee and asked if they were already out. He said there were 3 there this morning and started to leaf through other games thinking someone may have hid them to get later. I started to get ticked thinking that an employee was going to screw me out of my game. The guy that was helping me then went to see if they had been pulled for online orders. DAMN! I didn't think about that. Turns out they were.

Using my CAG training I grabbed the ad at the front of the store and drove to nearby Target. No luck. On to Wal-Mart. I went to their video game section and found some copies. SUCCESS! I asked the clerk if they price matched Best Buy, and he said I had to have the ad. I pulled the ad from my coat pocket and said I would like a copy of Ninja Gaiden 2.

[quote name='CaoPi']almost every BB was OOS for this game good pick up for $10 though[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was thinking of ordering online and doing in store pick up only to find the closest 4 stores were sold out. I never thought about buying early and PM'ing later.:whistle2:|

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, I was thinking of ordering online and doing in store pick up only to find the closest 4 stores were sold out. I never thought about buying early and PM'ing later.:whistle2:|[/quote]

If you have a Fry's or Walmart they usually never bother to call when PM, CC were being strict and actually called, as soon as they picked up the phone I knew it was gonna be a no go for me...

[quote name='ObiBen']
Using my CAG training I grabbed the ad at the front of the store and drove to nearby Target. No luck. On to Wal-Mart. I went to their video game section and found some copies. SUCCESS! I asked the clerk if they price matched Best Buy, and he said I had to have the ad. I pulled the ad from my coat pocket and said I would like a copy of Ninja Gaiden 2.[/quote]
The force is strong with this one.

Not too hard for me thankfully. My BB was sold out of Ninja Gaiden II and Battlefield Bad Company. Did have Condemned 2 though. So my friend and I checked the local CC and pricematched both those games there. Damn nice little sale this week.

Checked around the mall some and found Eternal Sonata for $16, and Tenchu Z for $14. I know the latter gets a lot of flack, but I love From Software and something about that game... awesome.

I didn't even waste time going to BB, right next to the one here is a sears, walked in to sears, asked for the game in the case, showed them the ad, priced matched + sears does 10% of the difference, which they were selling for 39.99 still... came out to $7.56 total for me to walk out with ninja gaiden 2, not bad :) The clerk guy was freaking out, was funny, asked to keep my ad, he wanted some games, and was going to call his family. Guess that killed it for anybody else to go to that sears. :p

[quote name='JetBlackout']I got mine actually a couple weeks ago for $50 at EB Games. I'm kicking myself. Hard.[/QUOTE]

Assuming you bought a new copy from EB, why not just buy for $10 from BB then return that copy to EB for a $50 refund?

Yeah, it's funny I too went to BB last Sunday about 1-1:30ish in the afternoon and was able to pick up the last or possibly only copy they had. I checked back 3 times thereafter out of curiousity to see if they restocked and as of Friday they had not gotten any more copies of it in store.

You all are aware in the ad toward back on bottom in small print it states you can do a raincheck for any advertised item thats not specifically listed as being unavailable for rainchecks?

I've had bestbuy do rainchecks where they will call me when an item comes in and then match the sale price. It's just that almost no one reads the small print and few employee's know of this and they never offer it unless you ask about it.

bread's done
Back