Ninja Gaiden 3 - March 22, 2012

Odd that it's a simultaneous release on PS3 and 360, so we won't have a NGS3 Sigma. Or maybe we will, as a director's cut of the game.

I actually never finished the second one. Dunno why, maybe I was bored?

Interested to see how this turns out. NG Black is one of the best OG xbox games IMO.

Don't like that there's no dismemberment and I'm not liking what I'm hearing with regards to difficulty. Do not make this game too god damn easy.

[quote name='slickkill77']Don't like that there's no dismemberment and I'm not liking what I'm hearing with regards to difficulty. Do not make this game too god damn easy.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure there is but they're just not showing it in the trailer.

[quote name='AzzidReign']I'm sure there is but they're just not showing it in the trailer.[/QUOTE]

Everyone that's played the demo has said there is no dismemberment.
This is the first time the game has had quick time events.

[quote name='GUNNM']damn thats pretty shitty[/QUOTE]
They have go back to their old roots, that's the only way they will get more people to buy it, because if they seriously don't have any decapitations or what not, then I'm not getting this one.

If it doesn't come out until next year, isn't it possible dismemberment could still be put in? Hard to imagine NG without it.

[quote name='AzzidReign']They have go back to their old roots, that's the only way they will get more people to buy it, because if they seriously don't have any decapitations or what not, then I'm not getting this one.[/QUOTE]
I'm not that mad as I am with DMC I wont buy this game anymore but rent just to see how its different.

i really loved the 2nd one. i got to the last boss and had to move and lost my cd tho. I'm about to go all direct to drive because i keep losing games like that lol.

game imo was better than god of war, all action, insane difficulty, good overthe top mortal kombat type graphics.

Yea, I am not as hyped as I normally would be either. It is disappointing that they are moving in a different direction. It isn't as over the top as Devil May Cry, but it still isn't what fans of the series want. Here is to hoping they make some changes before release.

Holy crap, IGN tore this apart. 3.0. From the video review, I'd have to agree. Looks awful.

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/143/14350230.html

A list of everything that's wrong, courtesy of user DoubleR90 on Reddit:

-One, non-upgradeable sword for the entire playthrough

-Button mashing, no more intricate combos

-Lower difficulty level

-Anti-climactic boss fights

-No more dismemberment

-No more currency system

-No more tactical use of healing items/ninpo

Last edited by a moderator:
The game might suck for all I know but the reviewer came off as a huge fan of the Xbox NG games and because this one strays differently from it, he automatically hated it. Obviously, the hardcore fans are going to be pissed but im willing to give it a shot. I love hack and slash, beat em up games and this looks like it'll be decent.

I would rather have a big fan of the previous NG games do the review because that lets me know as a big fan of the previous NG games to avoid this. Two youtube reviews and a handful of written have all said the same thing it has a much stronger story and is super easy. I want neither of those so I'm out.

I decided to finish Ninja Gaiden 2 right now.. I haven't played the game in years. I left off on chapter 11 and beat it...now im on 12 and just beat the sub boss...this game is hard but wow...I forgot about how horrible the camera is...if anything thats why i've died so much. I am very rusty though and im definitely not a Ninja Gaiden expert but I think it would've been better to got with a fixed camera angles.

we all know ign has some of the msot biased reviews on the planet dont we. thats not to say they might not be getting at some of the truth but i really doubt 3/10 is accurate. for all we know that guy sucked at those types of games and hated it like any normal person would hate demon souls hehe.

Sadly if i didnt see about 4 bad reviews and the tidbit about bosses being sucky i would of went in Gamestop and got the damn game as I was really looking forward to this and enjoyed the last 2 games. main reasin i love this series so much is
it's not often there are games with legit hardness and difficulty like seen in the NG series! most games it's just a oversize pant thing for difficulty but some games like halo 3 or baynonetta really step up the difficulty levels with elites or better aim/npc ai

I most likely am going to wait till this game gets discounted! maybe they'll relaunch a sigama with improved changes but i bet after that 3 review this probably is the end of NG :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hayashi should just go and kill franchises for a living. He's 2 for 2 now. Here's my potential wish list:

- Final Fantasy
- Halo
- Metal Gear
- Kingdom Hearts
- Street Fighter

[quote name='Dead of Knight']The most shocking thing to come out of this disaster is that it proves that Itagaki actually has some talent.[/QUOTE]

Itagaki's comments about how Hayashi sucked as a designer to his face were right all along.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']The most shocking thing to come out of this disaster is that it proves that Itagaki actually has some talent.[/QUOTE]

This. Though we still don't know how DOA will turn out. The DOA on 3DS wasn't half bad.
Though with DOA they could easily keep the engine and tweak it a bit and it will still be a decent game.

Oh yeah in case anyone didn't notice: The reviews were angry about one weapon. Well guess what? DLC WEAPONS BABY!!! Capcom would be proud.

Well DOA5 is being made, by and large, by the same team that has always made DOA. And based on the demo impressions I've read, it's actually good.

Can't even bring myself to play it. Its so bad. Its like a demo version you play at a gaming convention two years before release.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']This. Though we still don't know how DOA will turn out. The DOA on 3DS wasn't half bad.
Though with DOA they could easily keep the engine and tweak it a bit and it will still be a decent game.

Oh yeah in case anyone didn't notice: The reviews were angry about one weapon. Well guess what? DLC WEAPONS BABY!!! Capcom would be proud.[/QUOTE]

I read that some of the DLC weapons are free. Probably to placate those reviews. I'm sure they'll charge for some of them though.

I read all were going to be free. I could be wrong though.

Im probably going to pick this up Friday. Or maybe wait a bit and see if I can find it on Craigslist for $40.

Well, that is crossed off my list unless word of mouth from fans says this game isn't anything but a pile of flaming dog poop.

LOL

Im actually enjoying the game for the most part. Its definitely flawed but im having fun with it. Couple of things:

-The game is pretty easy...probably a bit too easy. Im playing on normal difficulty.

-It does suck that everything is stripped down. Theres no collectibles, no shops to buy anything or upgrade, and only one weapon(though the DLC weapons will be coming out soon)

-The combat can get repetitive but its fast paced and fun.

I'm about halfway through the game. Cant speak on any of the multiplayer since I haven't tried it yet. Ninja Gaiden vets will hate this game and shouldn't waste there time. To others, if you want to play a pretty decent hack and slash game, and obliterate some enemies in brutal and bloody combat then you'll like this. I wouldn't pay full price for it and would've been mad if I did. I traded in some games and got it real cheap. Im not done, but from what i've played i'd give the rating about a 7.

First off, I'm a huge fan of Ninja Gaiden and have played every single one. Just got this one and damn, avoid it if you can. Graphics are shit, quicktime events ruin the entire pacing, gameplay feels sluggish, camera is terrible, and worst of all for me. THEY TOOK OFF DISMEMBERMENT. It's a terrible game, after playing fantastic action games recently (not saying new releases) like Dantes Inferno, God of War 3, and Ninja Gaiden 2 I took this one up to satisfy my action craving. I may be too cruel on this game and it's still a playable mediocre game but one of my favorite action franchises has been ruined and I'm sad :(

bread's done
Back