Ninja Gaiden has ARRIVED

ksuwild25

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Finally after all the delays I have in my hands the full version of Ninja Gaiden for Xbox. I just got back from the mall from EB with my preorder and now it is time to try this game out. Anyone else have this game?

I preordered from EBGames.com, I think I got overnight shipping, but it may have been 2 day, I don't remember for sure, and neither my order history nor my confirmation state the shipping method. I was watching my order status off and on for much of the day, and it was not shipped out until late in the afternoon. I am dying with anticipation. Well, not dying, but I am anxiously looking forward to getting the game.

After about an hour (maybe more) of non-stop playing I finally had to stop cuz of chores. I was suprised to see Ryu sportin a different outfit than the demo but after two chapters I'm wearing the black one from the demo. So far I'm really liking this game and it has me suprised of the various enemies I have already faced plus I know even more await judging from screenshots I've seen from magazines. I'm only on chapter 3 but this game is AWESOME.

The camera is kind of funky, though. I feel like I'm going to have some motion sickness problems with this one.....

Yeah the camera can definitely be annoying sometimes, but I thought the game runs very smoothly and did a good job w/ the camera for this type of fast paced title. The camera and me being in the water (it was only for a few secs but I didn't like it and I have a feeling there might be underwater segments) are the only complaints, minor complaints, but nonetheless they are complaints that I have.

[quote name='ksuwild25'](it was only for a few secs but I didn't like it and I have a feeling there might be underwater segments)[/quote]

There are.

Yep after flipping thru the manual it talks some about swimming (are the underwater segments get from point A to point B really fast b4 you drown type or is there some type of fighting) it says you can even run across water which seems kind of neat.

After logging in a few hours, I can give intial thoughts.

1. Shame on them for the camera. But if its the best there is currently, I wouldn't be surprised.

2. Visually, its punted both DOA3 and PGR2 to the side. I've heard of some frame rate drops but wowie regardless.

3. Its looking like something I'll play through once then take it out when my fiancee's friend comes over and tries to claim Kingdom Heats has the best graphics ever.

Bottom line - its good, but there are better xbox titles available. Maybe not in the same genre, but I'd take KotOR over this any day.

bread's done
Back