NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2 is $19.99 NEW @ Gamestop BUY THIS GAME

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']was "yo" really necessary?[/QUOTE]

Yo, but if you don't end every sentence with "yo", then you're not cool, yo.

it's been covered in the other thread already $10 off, wonder if it's going to be $10 more off during power up sale

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']was "yo" really necessary?[/QUOTE]

I think it was a nice touch, yo.

Hopin' for an amazon price match, yo!

FYI: This has been $19.99 at Kmart for a while now. Gamestop is almost always behind the curve on dropping shit in price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Respectable gamers don't step foot into Kmart unless they are going to throw their shoes out right after they leave.

:cool:

[quote name='chunlirocks']Respectable gamers don't step foot into Kmart unless they are going to throw their shoes out right after they leave.

:cool:[/QUOTE]
:roll: KMart's deals have blown every other retailer out of the water in the past 3 months. There is(was) plenty of reason to shop there.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Respectable gamers don't step foot into Kmart unless they are going to throw their shoes out right after they leave.

:cool:[/QUOTE]
A couple years ago I wouldn't agree with that, but nowadays there's virtually no reason for me to go to Kmart. Their current 'deals' are nothing compared to the deals they had just a couple of years ago.;)
[quote name='mtxbass1']:roll: KMart's deals have blown every other retailer out of the water in the past 3 months. There is(was) plenty of reason to shop there.[/QUOTE]
Paying MSRP or close for a game to get a timed coupon to use on another game that you have to pay more than a few bucks for is NOT my idea of a 'good deal'. But if ya have disposable income and are ok with paying real cash for a 'deal' like that, then more power to ya and thanks for supporting our economy. But I'd rather go back to getting games for $5 at most a couple years after release.:booty:

This is also better than the original IMO, the original was insanely hard, it was a good thing they got rid of the worm boss in Sigma 2

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']FYI: This has been $19.99 at Kmart for a while now. Gamestop is almost always behind the curve on dropping shit in price.[/QUOTE]

But Gamestop + Deal = hard to come by. ;)

[quote name='CaoPi']This is also better than the original IMO, the original was insanely hard, it was a good thing they got rid of the worm boss in Sigma 2[/QUOTE]

The only thing that's better than the original is the higher resolution polished graphics. Gameplay wise, the original owns as it pushes you, the player to to stay alert at all times. Sigma 2 is a breeze. Sure, on Master Ninja difficulty it's somewhat a challenge but it's more of cheap 1 hit kills and enemies that takes a billion high damage moves to kill like the Izuna Drops. The worm boss in the original is one of the easiest in the whole game. Sure it's not all that fun to hide in the cave and spam charging projectiles at the right time but it's not that bad.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']But Gamestop + Deal = hard to come by. ;)

The only thing that's better than the original is the higher resolution polished graphics. Gameplay wise, the original owns as it pushes you, the player to to stay alert at all times. Sigma 2 is a breeze. Sure, on Master Ninja difficulty it's somewhat a challenge but it's more of cheap 1 hit kills and enemies that takes a billion high damage moves to kill like the Izuna Drops. The worm boss in the original is one of the easiest in the whole game. Sure it's not all that fun to hide in the cave and spam charging projectiles at the right time but it's not that bad.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed Sigma 1 a great deal more. It was more challenging, but the game just felt more solid and polished. Sigma 2 is a good game, though, and well worth buying at $20 considering I got it when it was $40.

Also, Level 6 in Sigma 2 was pretty awful (the water one...).

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']
The only thing that's better than the original is the higher resolution polished graphics. Gameplay wise, the original owns as it pushes you, the player to to stay alert at all times. Sigma 2 is a breeze. Sure, on Master Ninja difficulty it's somewhat a challenge but it's more of cheap 1 hit kills and enemies that takes a billion high damage moves to kill like the Izuna Drops. The worm boss in the original is one of the easiest in the whole game. Sure it's not all that fun to hide in the cave and spam charging projectiles at the right time but it's not that bad.[/QUOTE]

this. also the blood vs purple mist is an easy win for NG2. i love the extra characters & polish on NGS2, but it doesn't feel like a NG game w/o the challenge. i hope they don't screw NG3 up.

thanks for the update, OP. sucks cuz shipping + tax kills it for me. i have GS cred that i could use to avoid shipping & taxes, but my local GS has no new copies & i'm not buying a used GS copy (on principle) cuz they are NEVER mint/complete (so they are too hard to trade/resale). still plan on getting NG2 again when i find it for 10$ (which is what i paid for my original brand new copy at a WM pricematch of a BB ad).

[quote name='CaoPi']This is also better than the original IMO, the original was insanely hard, it was a good thing they got rid of the worm boss in Sigma 2[/QUOTE]

The original was harder, yes. But it also taught you to be a better player. NG has never been about easy gameplay, with the exception of Ninja Dog mode, and it made you feel just like that. MNM should never be easy on a NG game, and they toned it down on this game. If you want to be good at NG, you should have to work for it just like any other player.

The only thing that's better than the original is the higher resolution polished graphics. Gameplay wise, the original owns as it pushes you, the player to to stay alert at all times. Sigma 2 is a breeze. Sure, on Master Ninja difficulty it's somewhat a challenge but it's more of cheap 1 hit kills and enemies that takes a billion high damage moves to kill like the Izuna Drops. The worm boss in the original is one of the easiest in the whole game. Sure it's not all that fun to hide in the cave and spam charging projectiles at the right time but it's not that bad.

Also this. The worm boss is probably the easiest in the game, even on MNM, you shouldn't take a single hit of damage.

Why is Gamestop so difficult?

I'm trying to use one of my $10 off codes I accumulated earlier this year and it keeps refusing to take off the money...

Bah

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']FYI: This has been $19.99 at Kmart for a while now. Gamestop is almost always behind the curve on dropping shit in price.[/QUOTE]And yet, on Amazon, it's still over 40 dollars.

[quote name='Jasonlydon']Why is Gamestop so difficult?

I'm trying to use one of my $10 off codes I accumulated earlier this year and it keeps refusing to take off the money...

[/QUOTE]
Use the boost to get through!

[quote name='RollingSkull']NG2 was just lousy. A horrible game compared to NG1. Maybe I should try Sigma 2 and see if they fixed it.[/QUOTE]

NG2 is vastly superior to NGS2, and that's general consensus to those who played both fully.

Yes, NGB was a more polished game. However, it was defensive based and NG2 was more offensive, so the combat was a lot more fun. Itagaki was forced to release it with bugs, and apologized for it. Had he been able to work on it a few more months it would have been even better. Personally I loved NG2.

[quote name='RollingSkull']NG2 was just lousy. A horrible game compared to NG1. Maybe I should try Sigma 2 and see if they fixed it.[/QUOTE]

glad someone agreed with me I do prefer the original Sigma, NG 2 was just wrong in every way, I rather have a good updated game minus the gore, plus extra characters, content, online co-op, etc

If you have played and own Sigma 2, I wouldn't suggest NG 2 at all.

[quote name='CaoPi']glad someone agreed with me I do prefer the original Sigma, NG 2 was just wrong in every way, I rather have a good updated game minus the gore, plus extra characters, content, online co-op, etc

If you have played and own Sigma 2, I wouldn't suggest NG 2 at all.[/QUOTE]

I hate to sound elitist here, but I'm thinking you weren't good enough at the game, or you would have preferred NG2. NGS2 is a step in the wrong direction in every way. Over on iberian's ng realm, it's pretty much consensus that NGS2 was a horrible failure, and thats the home of the best NG players. And FYI, most of them weren't impressed with ng2 either, but not because it was too hard.

[quote name='mr_bungle']NG2 is vastly superior to NGS2, and that's general consensus to those who played both fully.

Yes, NGB was a more polished game. However, it was defensive based and NG2 was more offensive, so the combat was a lot more fun. Itagaki was forced to release it with bugs, and apologized for it. Had he been able to work on it a few more months it would have been even better. Personally I loved NG2.[/QUOTE]
I thought the general consensus among those who played NGB to completion WAS that NG2 was lousy.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I thought the general consensus among those who played NGB to completion WAS that NG2 was lousy.[/QUOTE]

No, not really. Bigalski, one of the best NG players around and a personal friend of mine much prefers NGB, but he likes NG2 as well for what it was. He sold NGS2 though promptly after beating the game for god of war III and said the best part about the game was selling it towards gowIII.

Reim, another personal friend of mine who made those NG2 MNM guides, thought NGB was better on a technical aspect but loved NG2 a lot more due to the combat.

But you have other users like godfather dictator who loved NGB so much he did a full no-hurt run of NGB. But most of the users over there generally like NG2 despite the flaws :)

[quote name='mr_bungle']NG2 is vastly superior to NGS2, and that's general consensus to those who played both fully.

Yes, NGB was a more polished game. However, it was defensive based and NG2 was more offensive, so the combat was a lot more fun. Itagaki was forced to release it with bugs, and apologized for it. Had he been able to work on it a few more months it would have been even better. Personally I loved NG2.[/QUOTE]

I loved NG2 and personally like it better than NGB. Both were fantastic games, but I can't exactly say the same about NGS2. Everything added to Sigma 2 except the graphics was a downgrade!

[quote name='mr_bungle']NG2 is vastly superior to NGS2, and that's general consensus to those who played both fully. [/QUOTE]

Okay let's face it, how many people did finish NG2? I think we all could agree that not too many did (I actually did finish it btw, only on warrior though), which is exactly why NGS2 was toned down and I think it made it a better game for the AVERAGE gamer. Yea sure for fans of the game, you guys probably enjoyed NG2 better, but you're a minority and your hardcore gaming ethics does not apply to other people. Most people don't enjoy staying in one place with 100 spawns of the same enemies (most of who's going to be out of your view) and die at around spawn 50 only to redo it again all the way from the beginning. Sometimes it's not even you're fault as the game will FREEZE for 5 seconds, pushing you out of your "rhythm". So please stop your "elitist" views (that's referring to everyone defending NG2 btw not just the one I'm quoting). NGS2 is a better game for most people. Hardcore fans will always resist change.

Only thing I agree with is the removal/toning down of blood, that was stupid but NGS2 makes it up in other departments. NGS2 has better graphics, online co-op (kind of), better projectile controls, new bosses (minus some shitty bosses), new weapons, new characters (I prefer to call them weapons though) and finally MOTION CONTROLLED JIGGLY BOOBS. You can't beat that!

[quote name='barom']Okay let's face it, how many people did finish NG2? I think we all could agree that not too many did (I actually did finish it btw, only on warrior though), which is exactly why NGS2 was toned down and I think it made it a better game for the AVERAGE gamer. Yea sure for fans of the game, you guys probably enjoyed NG2 better, but you're a minority and your hardcore gaming ethics does not apply to other people. Most people don't enjoy staying in one place with 100 spawns of the same enemies (most of who's going to be out of your view) and die at around spawn 50 only to redo it again all the way from the beginning. Sometimes it's not even you're fault as the game will FREEZE for 5 seconds, pushing you out of your "rhythm". So please stop your "elitist" views (that's referring to everyone defending NG2 btw not just the one I'm quoting). NGS2 is a better game for most people. Hardcore fans will always resist change.

Only thing I agree with is the removal/toning down of blood, that was stupid but NGS2 makes it up in other departments. NGS2 has better graphics, online co-op (kind of), better projectile controls, new bosses (minus some shitty bosses), new weapons, new characters (I prefer to call them weapons though) and finally MOTION CONTROLLED JIGGLY BOOBS. You can't beat that![/QUOTE]

Itagaki made Acolyte mode so his wife could finish the game. There's no excuse. Mentor and MNM, sure..but Acolyte was a breeze. And the jiggly boobs thing doesn't work well...but why would you want to furiously shake a controller to see a boob shake anyways? A pixelated one at that.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']But Gamestop + Deal = hard to come by. ;) [/QUOTE]
Not if you know how to exploit their trade promos and trade in games that cost you nearly nothing but you make a ton of credit from them it's not. Even though I paid MSRP via credit for 5-6 games over the last 1-2 years at Gamestop, the total amount of credit I had probably only cost me 1/4 of that to make.:booty:

[quote name='barom']Okay let's face it, how many people did finish NG2? I think we all could agree that not too many did (I actually did finish it btw, only on warrior though), which is exactly why NGS2 was toned down and I think it made it a better game for the AVERAGE gamer. Yea sure for fans of the game, you guys probably enjoyed NG2 better, but you're a minority and your hardcore gaming ethics does not apply to other people. Most people don't enjoy staying in one place with 100 spawns of the same enemies (most of who's going to be out of your view) and die at around spawn 50 only to redo it again all the way from the beginning. Sometimes it's not even you're fault as the game will FREEZE for 5 seconds, pushing you out of your "rhythm". So please stop your "elitist" views (that's referring to everyone defending NG2 btw not just the one I'm quoting). NGS2 is a better game for most people. Hardcore fans will always resist change.

Only thing I agree with is the removal/toning down of blood, that was stupid but NGS2 makes it up in other departments. NGS2 has better graphics, online co-op (kind of), better projectile controls, new bosses (minus some shitty bosses), new weapons, new characters (I prefer to call them weapons though) and finally MOTION CONTROLLED JIGGLY BOOBS. You can't beat that![/QUOTE]

you need to go play dead or alive or beach volleyball

Well I'm confused as hell about all these different versions of Ninja Gaiden anyways. Which one is the sequel to NG on the original Xbox?

[quote name='urmomlikesme']What is it with threads these days telling me what to do? I'm broke! Leave me alone![/QUOTE]

Are you a child, a minor?

[quote name='redline']Well I'm confused as hell about all these different versions of Ninja Gaiden anyways. Which one is the sequel to NG on the original Xbox?[/QUOTE]

Ninja Gaiden (xbox)
Ninja Gaiden Black (xbox, adds in previously online-only "Hurricane Packs" DLC content)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3, "Black" plus new stages, playable characters, improved gfx, etc)
Ninja Gaiden 2 (360)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS3 version of NG2 plus new stages, playable characters, improved gfx, etc)

Hope that helps. :)

[quote name='redline']Well I'm confused as hell about all these different versions of Ninja Gaiden anyways. Which one is the sequel to NG on the original Xbox?[/QUOTE]I think NG on the xbox is ahead of every game in the storyline so there is no sequel. ;)

I beat NG2 on 360 and Sigma 1 on PS3 and NG2 is prob my favorite game of its type. I would like to pick up Sigma 2 on PS3 as well but the lack of over the top carnage kind of puts me off.

It wasn't that hard. All you had to do was charge up and hit the worm as he was coming to you. Really easy boss.

So true. I played though NG1 about 3 times. I struggled to play though NG2 once because it was so boring. The bosses in 2 were also a joke. I don't recall having trouble with almost any of them except maybe 1 or 2. NG1 on the other hand, is a whole different story. Alma was a pain before I really got used to her attacks. And the Horsemen on the 2nd level? He took me close to a week to beat =/.

bread's done
Back