Ninja Murasaki's Anime Thread

I suppose it was Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shambala Special Edition. Picked it up at Best Buy last weekend since it was only 5 dollars more than the normal version.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']So what was the last anime you guys bought?

For me it was Happy Lesson - Teacher's Pet Collection, Galaxy Angel Complete, Saber Marionette J and J-X, Stratos 4 Complete, and Street Fighter II the Movie (Uncut).

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116000
[/quote]
The third disc of Jubei-chan for $7. Besides that, I haven't bought any anime in a while.

I don't know if any of you guys are interested, but I've got the Kino's Journey thinpack collection on sale in my tradelist.

I bought the Book One set of Avatar the Last Airbender

I also bought the Fullmetal Alchemist SPECIAL EDITION

All part of the DDD sale

Don't watch much anime though, just keep rewatching the classics instead.

[quote name='sarausagi']I bought the Book One set of Avatar the Last Airbender

I also bought the Fullmetal Alchemist SPECIAL EDITION

All part of the DDD sale

Don't watch much anime though, just keep rewatching the classics instead.[/quote]

I want both of those too. Avatar is really cool.

Avatar, Fairly Oddparents, and Spongebob (mostly the older/classic ones) are the only Nickelodeon shows I can stand. And all three are terrific.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Avatar, Fairly Oddparents, and Spongebob (mostly the older/classic ones) are the only Nickelodeon shows I can stand. And all three are terrific.[/quote]

I

Oh four episode arc, how you provide such a departure from the two episode arcs of Bleach's beginning. I forgot how cool Chad was at the beginning, when he first gets his armor. Can't wait for next week's episode, if only to see how a certain group is voiced. Though the real interesting introduction is in four more episodes.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Avatar, Fairly Oddparents, and Spongebob (mostly the older/classic ones) are the only Nickelodeon shows I can stand. And all three are terrific.[/quote]
I like Fairly Oddparents and Spongebob whenever nothing else is on, but I guess I just don't get Avatar.

So I'm pretty sure Eureka 7 has just past Trinity Blood on the "Confuse Karsh'o'Meter" with tonight's episode. Seriously...What...the...fuck.

[quote name='karsh']So I'm pretty sure Eureka 7 has just past Trinity Blood on the "Confuse Karsh'o'Meter" with tonight's episode. Seriously...What...the...fuck.[/QUOTE]The only thing I don't get is how the eyeballs killed the woman and her child (which she seemed to have smothered to keep him quiet.) But, otherwise, Dr. Bear ftw.

[quote name='InuFaye']i hope a certain couple of people are not fucked up because of american vo, it would kill bleach for me.[/quote]I personally really disliked the Japanese Bleach voice actors, so hopefully the english version will take care of that. But then again, its not like I'll be watching it =P.

[quote name='InuFaye']i hope a certain couple of people are not fucked up because of american vo, it would kill bleach for me.[/QUOTE]What's that? You always thought a French accent would befit a noble like Byakuya? Well that's what you'll get, then.

[quote name='jmcc']The only thing I don't get is how the eyeballs killed the woman and her child (which she seemed to have smothered to keep him quiet.) But, otherwise, Dr. Bear ftw.[/quote]
LOL

Seriously...Why did giant eyeballs surrounded by colorful....colors start killing everyone? WHY?

And apparently Renji is being voiced by the guy who did Rufus' voice in Advent Children.
EDIT: Wally Wingert is his name. Also, Aizen is apparently being voiced by Kyle Hebert, who did Adult Gohan's voice in Dragon Ball GT and movies involving him. He also does Kiba's dub voice in Naruto. He also did everyone's favorite FMA character......WARRANT OFFICER FALMAN!!! I find it interesting that there's an announcement for Aizen so far but nothing for Byakuya. All I know is I stick by my decision that they should totally find a way to get Steve Blum to be Kenpachi. He'd be perfect for Kenpachi.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Steve in Bleach sooner or later, but he's got a huge role in Naruto coming up within the next few arcs.

I'm making my way through Death Note Vol. 8 and I'm loving it so far. It'll suck having to wait for Vol. 9, but at least that's only just over a month away.

Best place even though they raised their prices a bit is Alphacraze. Kinda hard to find their stuff through yahoo shopping, but its worth it. If you dig in the "other deals" forum you can find a lot of info for buying manga.

Samurai Champloo has a 2 volume manga, not much actual story to it, its pretty funny, but theres no actual ending to it.

Now that Ergo Proxy is in release (the box looks so nice BTW), all Geneon needs to do is step up and license Monster. I think it'd fit right in with their repertoire. I know its gonna be hard to market a longer anime (74 episodes is a bit hard to keep the attention up in a non-shonen anime; especially one you'd hope to televise). But if they can do it right, the series will be a huge hit. Hell, they're already making an americanized movie based on it. Took Blood: The Last Vampire quite a few years even to get an announcement.

Now that Ergo Proxy is in release (the box looks so nice BTW), all Geneon needs to do is step up and license Monster. I think it'd fit right in with their repertoire. I know its gonna be hard to market a longer anime (74 episodes is a bit hard to keep the attention up in a non-shonen anime; especially one you'd hope to televise). But if they can do it right, the series will be a huge hit. Hell, they're already making an americanized movie based on it. Took Blood: The Last Vampire quite a few years even to get an announcement.

I was just thinking about that yesterday...if it was possible for Monster to find any success in the U.S. and how it would need to be marketed, what time slot it would be in and all that.

I dunno...it's long and takes a big commitment to keep track of. It's so damn good though.

just started Ergo Proxy. I'll eventually get the DVDs for it, but I like how the Shinsen subs have lots of explanations at the end of each ep.

Anyone know if the dubs for it are any good?

[quote name='Apossum']
Anyone know if the dubs for it are any good?[/quote]
I watched the first two eps in english. Dub is pretty good, i could recognize quite a few voices from the standard Geneon cast, but they fit pretty well. The only one i really didnt like was Pino. Akiko Yajima(the japanese VA who also did Riku & Diva in Blood+)'s voice made the character stick out a lot more. Now Pino sounds just like a normal boring girl.

BTW, i was quite suprised to see that Mangascreener finally translated some more chapters of the novel "Another Monster". In case you havent heard of it, heres a summary:
"Johan incident" once spooked Germany.
But the truth of the incident is still left undisclosed.
This document is a vivid report of the "Johan incident" put together
by an Austrian journalist,
who found similarities between
the "Johan incident" and a murder case
that happened in the suburbs of Salzburg
for which the writer was in the field.
Are you ready to accept the striking reality
that emerged out of the report!?
What is the reason and the process behind the destruction of
"511 Kinderheim" and how did it happen?
What is the secret and the purpose behind the experiment that took place
at the "Red Rose Mansion"?
Who were Franz Bonaparta and the mother of the twins?
And the story of the animated cartoon "The Magnificient Steiner" will now first to be unveiled!
What are the sinister horror novel "Dorn im Dunklen" and the picture book
"Das Schlafende Monstrum"?... A full reveal of the memo in Grimmer's note...
The mystery lurked in the picture book that was newly found...
...and is there another monster!?

So far there are 14 chapters translated. Its a really good read so far, its mostly interviews with the people involved with the "Johan incident". Really interesting to get that aspect of what happened afterwards. Mangascreener took an 18 month hiatus before releasing chapter 10, so dont expect this to be done anytime soon.

http://www.mangascreener.com/stephen/monster/am/amonster.html

060306nk0.jpg

:rofl:

[quote name='Bezerker']I watched the first two eps in english. Dub is pretty good, i could recognize quite a few voices from the standard Geneon cast, but they fit pretty well. The only one i really didnt like was Pino. Akiko Yajima(the japanese VA who also did Riku & Diva in Blood+)'s voice made the character stick out a lot more. Now Pino sounds just like a normal boring girl.

BTW, i was quite suprised to see that Mangascreener finally translated some more chapters of the novel "Another Monster". In case you havent heard of it, heres a summary:
"Johan incident" once spooked Germany.
But the truth of the incident is still left undisclosed.
This document is a vivid report of the "Johan incident" put together
by an Austrian journalist,
who found similarities between
the "Johan incident" and a murder case
that happened in the suburbs of Salzburg
for which the writer was in the field.
Are you ready to accept the striking reality
that emerged out of the report!?
What is the reason and the process behind the destruction of
"511 Kinderheim" and how did it happen?
What is the secret and the purpose behind the experiment that took place
at the "Red Rose Mansion"?
Who were Franz Bonaparta and the mother of the twins?
And the story of the animated cartoon "The Magnificient Steiner" will now first to be unveiled!
What are the sinister horror novel "Dorn im Dunklen" and the picture book
"Das Schlafende Monstrum"?... A full reveal of the memo in Grimmer's note...
The mystery lurked in the picture book that was newly found...
...and is there another monster!?

So far there are 14 chapters translated. Its a really good read so far, its mostly interviews with the people involved with the "Johan incident". Really interesting to get that aspect of what happened afterwards. Mangascreener took an 18 month hiatus before releasing chapter 10, so dont expect this to be done anytime soon.

http://www.mangascreener.com/stephen/monster/am/amonster.html
[/QUOTE]

that's interesting...I thought a lot of those questions were answered in the series, but it seems like it's worth a look.

Does the official release of Ergo proxy have descriptions and biographies with it? I'm really enjoying the Shinsen-sub release right now, since they provide explanations for a lot of stuff at the end of each episode. It's really necessary-- who the hell would know who Joe Bousquet is? I don't even think that guy's books have been translated into English. :lol:

[quote name='Bezerker']I like this one better (especially the Bleach part):

050516.jpg
[/QUOTE]Oh man. That was horrendous. I think it just killed my sense of humor.

Anyone seen Mushishi? I'm thinking of watching it after Ergo Proxy (and the rest of Azumanga Daioh!)

yes, I'm like a year or 2 behind the cool new anime shows ;)

[quote name='jmcc']Oh man. That was horrendous. I think it just killed my sense of humor.[/QUOTE]

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times.

"VG Cats isn't funny."

Stop posting VG Cats comics. This is an anime thread, not a web comic thread.

I noticed that there's a Yakitate manga that's just starting to be released. Since the anime isn't coming over anytime soon for now, I may pick them up.

[quote name='Shinkuu Ryao']If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times.

"VG Cats isn't funny."[/QUOTE]

agreed! makes this thread annoying to scroll through too.

[quote name='jmcc']Ugh. I forgot how tedious the sidekick episodes were in Bleach.[/quote]

This one DOES have the bonus of introducing Tsubaki though.

when i went to Otakon this year they premiered Wrath of the Dragon for US audiences.

I had forgotten how over exagerrated DBZ was, however, it was also pretty damn funny to see people go through several buildings only to get up and launch a thermo-nuclear barrage from their hands.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Looks like Bleach is about to pick up steam after seeing episode 13.[/QUOTE]Yeah, it's pretty good for like 50 episodes.

[quote name='LiquidNight']:lol:
Damn that girl is skinny as fuck.
[/quote]

In the words of the great Admiral Ackbar... Its a trap!

BTW, the live action Death Note movie is out for your DL pleasure. I'm happy to say that although there are differences, the movie remains loyal to the original text while doing its own thing.

[quote name='ElfAngel7']BTW, the live action Death Note movie is out for your DL pleasure. I'm happy to say that although there are differences, the movie remains loyal to the original text while doing its own thing.[/quote]
The first part? Sweet.

I forgot to mention this, but the latest episode of Bleach had new animation in the opening and ending, to coincide with the release of the Bleach movie next Friday. The animation was basically just clips from the movie, but hot DAMN did it look amazing. The animation is just so amazingly fluid. Plus there was a scene where Ichigo was riding on the back of bankai Zabimaru. Plus
shikai Rukia was shown animated for the first time.
You really should check it out if you can.

bread's done
Back