Ninja Murasaki's Anime Thread

So I'm a little behind the times and watched Evangelion for the first time this weekend (yeah the whole thing, sneaking in episodes in between studying, yeesh!)

Awesome series...but it's really quite obvious that they ran out of time and or money at the end. I felt like a fly on the wall at a psych office, listening to a patient who is going through an existential crisis (or watching a special "Serial Experiments Lain in Two Episodes" remake) I guess I need to watch the movie sometime soon.

I'm not as pissed as this guy though: http://www.evaotaku.com/html/kaibunsho-main.html

:rofl: I can't imagine how nuts fans went over that ending, considering how insanely popular that show is.

Anybody know of any good fansubs for the Death Note movie? The one I grabbed at first was just Engrish-filled, like it was translated via Babelfish.

As for Evangelion, I couldn't watch anymore after the self-psycho-analysis episode(s?).

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I saw the first episode of Ergo Proxy via the December Newtype DVD.

VERY cool.[/QUOTE]

Did it have the dub? If so how was it? I haven't got a chance to see it yet and the review I read didn't say much about it.

man cmon and end the fillers already. this last one with the guy who kidnapped the other guys brother or somethign to save him was crap. if theyre going to do fillers at least have them focus on the village and the people in it those are way more interesting than the past few months worth of fillers.

[quote name='lokizz']man cmon and end the fillers already. this last one with the guy who kidnapped the other guys brother or somethign to save him was crap. if theyre going to do fillers at least have them focus on the village and the people in it those are way more interesting than the past few months worth of fillers.[/quote]
Are you refering to Naruto? If so, they're ending in February.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Did it have the dub? If so how was it? I haven't got a chance to see it yet and the review I read didn't say much about it.[/quote]

Yes, it was dub only. I thought it was damn good.

I just watched the FMA movie. It was pretty good but a bit confusing since it's been a while since I saw the show. It also seems like the set them up perfectly for a sequel. Any word on when that's coming out?

[quote name='dcfox']I just watched the FMA movie. It was pretty good but a bit confusing since it's been a while since I saw the show. It also seems like the set them up perfectly for a sequel. Any word on when that's coming out?[/quote]

I haven't heard anything about a sequel. If they did, I'd want it to be completely about the military. That movie re-confirmed for me that I

Personally it is not really ironic that there was going to Animation with a black Samurai in the near future. They have done it thousands of times in the past. Personally I consider this a Spin-off from the Boondocks Samurai additives in the show and series.

There is no doubt the Boondocks was brought to attention with this. I mean the way the characters raps the materail around his head is the exact same way you see it in the Boondocks.

Also the last couple of episodes where they had Duey up against that body gaurd is a dead give away along with episode where there Grand Dad put that guy out of his misery.

Also I put Boondocks in google images and this is what I get

hi does anybody kno where to get One Piece manga via IRC??

I stopped reading it at 405,

and the ppl who made it, NULL, like to be all secretive and shit

so their old IRC channel on aniverse is gone...

right now I'm getting by on going to stoptazmo.com

thanks!

edit: nvm I found their website!!

Great news for Toonami Jetstream fans! Prince of Tennis and MAR will be premiering next weekend at the 10 PM and 10:30 PM (11 and 11:30 for me) timeslots.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Looks like Rukia might have a thing for Ichigo after last nights Bleach on adult swim.[/QUOTE]Have you watched the fansubs or is this all new to you?

[quote name='jmcc']Have you watched the fansubs or is this all new to you?[/quote]

It's all new to me. I saw the very first episode fansubbed and that was it.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']It's all new to me. I saw the very first episode fansubbed and that was it.[/QUOTE]Ah. Well then, there's more going on than it seems at this point. It won't be dealt with for 20 or 30 episodes, though, if I remember correctly.

[quote name='jmcc']Ah. Well then, there's more going on than it seems at this point. It won't be dealt with for 20 or 30 episodes, though, if I remember correctly.[/quote]

I see.

I really like how the characters are developing so far. My only wish is that they would show two episodes per week instead of just one.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I see.

I really like how the characters are developing so far. My only wish is that they would show two episodes per week instead of just one.[/QUOTE]You'll like this week, then. Lots of new characters introduced.

[quote name='jmcc']You'll like this week, then. Lots of new characters introduced.[/quote]

Well, he's got a two week wait till the next episode. Next week is three of the Inuyasha movies and then the following week is a marathon of the Bleach episodes shown so far.

[quote name='karsh']Well, he's got a two week wait till the next episode. Next week is three of the Inuyasha movies and then the following week is a marathon of the Bleach episodes shown so far.[/QUOTE]
awesomo.gif

Lame.

Durn. I skipped the last 5 chapter releases of FMA and they introduced Armstrong's sister while I was away. Bastards.

Sony will Release Advent Children Limited Edition in February
Sony will release the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Limited Edition Collector's Set on February 6. The $49.95 set will include the Final Fantasy VII: Last Order anime short, ten postcards, an English movie script, a character booklet, and all of the content from the regular Advent Children disc. Source: IGN
What the...?

[quote name='jmcc']Durn. I skipped the last 5 chapter releases of FMA and they introduced Armstrong's sister while I was away. Bastards.[/quote]

Haha, I love Armstrong's sister.

I finally got around to watching Ergo Proxy and now I don't know what to start next. Anyone have any good action/humor anime suggestions?

take this with a grain of salt

Some solid evidence is beginning to surface that is supporting the rumor that the fillers are indeed ending soon. While the validity of the episode 110 title remains unconfirmed, some information has appeared in a scan from last week's Weekly Shounen Jump (the magazine where Bleach is serialized). In this scan from the Anikichi section of Jump, it states that, "the arrancar will rush in" on January 10th. We will update as more information is revealed.

[quote name='whoknows']I finally got around to watching Ergo Proxy and now I don't know what to start next. Anyone have any good action/humor anime suggestions?[/quote]
Check out Yakitate Japan for a good comedy anime.

So apparently Bleach is getting a new ending theme for episode 110, further pointing towards the Bount filler arc ending at 110.

Also, Haruhi has officially been licensed by Bandai and Kadokawa Pictures USA. They put stuff up on http://asosbrigade.com/ involving the show, including a little video.

[quote name='cletus']

I would buy this if I could justify spending the $200+ for it.[/quote]What on Earth makes it $200+? Does it suck your cock and make you breakfast?

[quote name='whoknows']I finally got around to watching Ergo Proxy and now I don't know what to start next. Anyone have any good action/humor anime suggestions?[/quote]
I always thought Full Metal Panic was a very good action/humor anime.

[quote name='LiquidNight']What on Earth makes it $200+? Does it suck your cock and make you breakfast?[/QUOTE]

Limited Edition + Ebay = Profit!

Action/Humor.. Outlaw Star (action and humor in space!), Saiyuki (action and humor with gay jokes- dub version), umm...... One Piece (action and humor with pirates... yarrrr..), King of Bandits Jing (action and humor in 13 episodes total), Ranma 1/2 (action and humor with gender bending)

Note there are no silly mech things to get in the way in these suggestions :)

Is it the art that makes One Piece less popular than Bleach or Naruto? Because it's superior in every way otherwise, as far as I can tell. Even though the action was confined to 3 pages this week (440), it was hella good.

[quote name='jmcc']Is it the art that makes One Piece less popular than Bleach or Naruto? Because it's superior in every way otherwise, as far as I can tell. Even though the action was confined to 3 pages this week (440), it was hella good.[/quote]Naruto and OP were both good this week. I can't wait to see more of Naruto's new technique and Blackbeard's logia 2 weeks from now (right?).

[quote name='Moxio']I haven't been keeping up with this thread...

So are the Naruto fillers done yet?[/QUOTE]No, he's still on Namek.

[quote name='Moxio']What/who is Namek?[/QUOTE]A anime-related meme analogizing a situation in a series that's been going on for some time to DBZ's Namek arc, which was the archetypical interminable adventure.

edit: it started in regard to Bleach, when they'd been in Soul Society for over 100 chapters, challenging DBZ's Namek arc for longest stretch in one place.

edit 2: http://www.lurkmore.com/wiki/index.php?title=Namek

[quote name='jmcc']A anime-related meme analogizing a situation in a series that's been going on for some time to DBZ's Namek arc, which was the archetypical interminable adventure.[/QUOTE]

Oh so there's still fillers?

Aw man. I ditched Naruto after that one guy turned into a tiger.

[quote name='Moxio']Oh so there's still fillers?

Aw man. I ditched Naruto after that one guy turned into a tiger.

I think art-style definitely plays into One Piece. At first I couldn't stand it and could care less about it, but once I got past the artwork and realized how great the story was (especially for a shonen action show), I've managed to get past the artwork, and now I'm starting to appreciate it somewhat. Granted, I'm still way back as far as what I've watched, but I'm slowly catching up.

Well, it's official. Episode 110 of Bleach will be the end of the fillers. Apparently Jump this week had previews of Episode 110 and 111 and both were part of the real storyline. Plus the article had the first shots of anime Shinji. So in a couple weeks everyone can enjoy Bleach again (though I personally have been enjoying the Bount filler).

bread's done
Back