Nintendo 3DS $145 online & in store at Target

Hmm...seems like Target is trying to oust its competitors by offering a discount prior to BF; unfortunately, it's not enough as K-Mart is already doing $35 GC (essentially $35 off). Think I'll wait on it, considering how close BF is. I'd want a game to go with it, at least, and this is only for the Aqua Blue version.

[quote name='Blade']Hmm...seems like Target is trying to oust its competitors by offering a discount prior to BF; unfortunately, it's not enough as K-Mart is already doing $35 GC (essentially $35 off). Think I'll wait on it, considering how close BF is. I'd want a game to go with it, at least, and this is only for the Aqua Blue version.[/QUOTE]
it's for all colors

[quote name='Blade']Hmm...seems like Target is trying to oust its competitors by offering a discount prior to BF; unfortunately, it's not enough as K-Mart is already doing $35 GC (essentially $35 off). Think I'll wait on it, considering how close BF is. I'd want a game to go with it, at least, and this is only for the Aqua Blue version.[/QUOTE]

A coupon with an expiration date is MUCH DIFFERENT than a price reduction.

Why don't people just buy it (they could always return it) then see how they feel about BF deals or even if they feel like visiting those places on that day anyways?

It is a good deal and I may buy one.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']A coupon with an expiration date is MUCH DIFFERENT than a price reduction.[/QUOTE]
a price reduction is much better, it means you saved $X.XX amount of money without actually having to buy something else.

[quote name='Rodster']I'll wait for BF. A Target employee said he thinks the 3DS may get priced @ $99 during BF.[/QUOTE]

That's not going to happen. All the ads have already leaked.

[quote name='Rodster']I'll wait for BF. A Target employee said he thinks the 3DS may get priced @ $99 during BF.[/QUOTE]

No way in hell is that going to happen.

Your Walmart may price HeM's $99 3DS if you bug them enough. Or if you quickly flip them the ad, and be as quick as you can.

[quote name='Serpentor']Isn't there a Zelda edition of the 3DS? I rather get that one...[/QUOTE]

Yes, but if you're looking for a deal, Target (Or pm elsewhere) this is the best you will do for Black Friday.
The only place where the bundle will be less than the $199 msrp, is Bestbuy. There it will be sold for $180, but good luck with those crowds.
Of course, if price is not a problem, I'm sure you will find it somewhere online for msrp.

[quote name='VA']Isn't Nintendo coming out with a completely re-designed model soon?[/QUOTE]

Speculation, that's like not buying a 360 this week because someone thinks a 720 comes out December.
Not saying you're dumb, but I wouldn't buy into it.

[quote name='VA']Isn't Nintendo coming out with a completely re-designed model soon?[/QUOTE]

I really wouldn't doubt it. They recently designed a really ugly peripheral that adds a second analog stick to it, it looks bulky and terrible. Supposedly its going to be for MH4, as you need two to play it. I can only assume that they are working on a re-designed model as well. This is one of the only reasons I plan on waiting for a 3DS. I bought a launch DS and hate it now, this time around I'll wait.

I heard rumors that they'lll sell for $99 as well, but again thats rumors, not sure if holding off means missing it at that price.

3ds will never get a 2nd analog stick- it would mean that developers would have to make their games compatable with both 1 or dual analog

To lock out games from half of system owners, they're just going to wait for the true successor to the 3ds

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']3ds will never get a 2nd analog stick- it would mean that developers would have to make their games compatable with both 1 or dual analog

To lock out games from half of system owners, they're just going to wait for the true successor to the 3ds[/QUOTE]

What? It's already getting a second circle stick. If they added it to the hardware the developers could ignore it or use it at their will. It's not very hard to have control schemes for both. RE: Revelations is doing it and I'm sure many other companies will too.

Picked up a blue one today and Mario $5 more than the BF price is worth it to me to skip the BF chaos and I get the color I want.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']3ds will never get a 2nd analog stick- it would mean that developers would have to make their games compatable with both 1 or dual analog

To lock out games from half of system owners, they're just going to wait for the true successor to the 3ds[/QUOTE]

They have that snap on thing people can buy- bundle it with a good 1st party game and it will increase adoption. Nintendo was never one to avoid hardware iteration.

I hope they release that soon, it would improve what you could play with the system. Senseless they didn't include that from the start.

Neither Target in my area is close enough that I feel like going to pick it up so shipping and tax kills it for me(comes out to $162). I'll wait and hope that Amazon gets the bundles.

I'm gonna grab a Red or Black one with OoT. (Going to Kmart right after to pick up Mario + Star Fox for 50% off)

Was going to buy a Zelda Black one tomorrow, but it's not that amazing to me to pay more for it ($145+40 for OoT vs $200 for the bundle)

bread's done
Back