Nintendo 3DS $99 with trade-in (DSL, DSi, DSi XL) and PUR Coupon (8/12 - 8/14)

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Not too bad for a DS Lite or DSi trade-in. Given all threads on the 3DS price drop, I thought this needed its own thread.

EDIT:

If you're not a PUR member or don't have a coupon, the trade-in offers are tiered:
DSi XL: $99
DSi : $109
DSL: $119

this amounts to about + $10 trade-in

$99 for a 3DS?
It Must Be a PowerUp Rewards Pro™ Exclusive!

It's a mobile gamers dream! For a limited time, PowerUp Rewards Pro™ members can get a brand new 3DS for only $99* when you trade in your old DS Lite, DSi or DSi XL between Friday, August 12, and Sunday, August 14.

This hot deal requires a coupon, but we've got you covered! Look for the coupon Friday, August 12* in the Active Offers section of your PowerUp Rewards account. Simply log in, print your Pro members-only coupon, and get to your nearest GameStop store to take advantage of this offer.
Even if you don't own a DS system to trade, you can still take advantage of an awesome price drop! Upgrade the way you game to start playing in glorious 3D without 3D glasses. Get your 3DS for the low price of only $169.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone can help with this situation, I'll give you the coupon. I have 2 computers in my house(1 is really old, no USB, No printer), and a brand new computer. On the old computer I can log in to Powerup Rewards page and all of the links work. I try to log into the same page on my new computer and I can get to the home page, but no link are working (get the IE error) I have checked the settings on both and they are the same. Anyone have a clue what's going on?

What time are people's coupons coming in? I'm a PUR member and it's only 8:45 here. I haven't gotten anything yet. If anyone isn't using their coupon, I'll take it then pass mine off to someone if it ever comes. Thanks!

[quote name='Gatorsfan35']If someone can help with this situation, I'll give you the coupon. I have 2 computers in my house(1 is really old, no USB, No printer), and a brand new computer. On the old computer I can log in to Powerup Rewards page and all of the links work. I try to log into the same page on my new computer and I can get to the home page, but no link are working (get the IE error) I have checked the settings on both and they are the same. Anyone have a clue what's going on?[/QUOTE]

PM sent

i had a similar error using internet explorer. i then used firefox and it worked fine, so im guessing its just a site incompatibility issue with your newer version of internet explorer.

[quote name='Gatorsfan35']If someone can help with this situation, I'll give you the coupon. I have 2 computers in my house(1 is really old, no USB, No printer), and a brand new computer. On the old computer I can log in to Powerup Rewards page and all of the links work. I try to log into the same page on my new computer and I can get to the home page, but no link are working (get the IE error) I have checked the settings on both and they are the same. Anyone have a clue what's going on?[/QUOTE]

Code is taken. Thanks Jgel

[quote name='Gatorsfan35']Code is taken. Thanks Jgel[/QUOTE]

Sweet. Thanks buddy. No offense to anyone here, but I love when people on here just help each other out without asking something in return. Gatorsfan was not using his code and just gave it away because he did not need it. :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='Jgel']Sweet. Thanks buddy. No offense to anyone here, but I love when people on here just help each other out without asking something in return. Gatorsfan was not using his code and just gave it away because he did not need it. :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

I would have given you the code if i had seen the pm earlier but i didn't good thing you got one, anyone else want it? Just tell me how to send it cause i dont know. I guess an email or something PM me if you want it.

Got my coupon. I wasn't going to get a 3DS till BF but I might have to do this cuz I want to get rid of my DS Lite (I have a DSi XL already) and I have some trade ins... Very tempting...

Plus I do want to play Tales of The Abyss the day it comes out...

Ugh, I've got two DS Lites. One with a missing serial code sticker and another with a broken hinge.

Can anyone confirm if Gamestop will accept any of these two?

Anyone who hasn't received their coupon yet tried just asking about it in-store? I wonder if you're a current member if they would still honor the offer.

When you guys are talking about the "broken hinge" on the DSL are you talking about the crack that was pretty much a defect??? And will GS not accept it or something? Cause mine does have that crack but works perfectly fine

Okay, another question. Does what kind of information does the little barcode sticker on the back of the DS carry? I was wondering if I could take the sticker on DS1(broken) and place it on the DS2(working but no serial sticker)

Or is that a big illegal no no? :/

[quote name='OmegaLegend']Okay, another question. Does what kind of information does the little barcode sticker on the back of the DS carry? I was wondering if I could take the sticker on DS1(broken) and place it on the DS2(working but no serial sticker)

Or is that a big illegal no no? :/[/QUOTE]

I know for a fact switching the barcode won't come up as any kind of issue on Gamestop's end when ringing up the deal. Whether this is an illegal no no I have no idea.

[quote name='jlarlee']will a broken hinge get my trade declined?[/QUOTE]

They need to be in working condition.

They do take 'broken' DS's for ~$15 each. I sold them a few last summer.

[quote name='Jorrel56']I know for a fact switching the barcode won't come up as any kind of issue on Gamestop's end when ringing up the deal. Whether this is an illegal no no I have no idea.[/QUOTE]

Well, I hear (rumour) the code is for cataloging purposes. Not accepting a perfectly working system because it doesn't have a sticker on it is just silly.

Anybody need a coupon code, please let me know. First pm will get it.

-edit: Code taken-

[quote name='InvaderZim']They need to be in working condition.

They do take 'broken' DS's for ~$15 each. I sold them a few last summer.[/QUOTE]

it still works it just creaks a bit when opened. It is the tiniest crack

[quote name='strait edge follower']Just got a mint condition used 3ds from gamestop and I love it so far ! Now I just have to wait till ghost recon shadow wars comes in the mail from amazon :)[/QUOTE]

how much was it?

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']how much was it?[/QUOTE]

It was 159.99, i was surprised that it was that price but at least I wasn't taxed and it was like it was out of the box with no scratches and the hinges are fine as well. Half of the amount was from gamestop credit so I was good :)

[quote name='IanKazimer']Actually, I'm not even sure what to do with the code. Is there a spot on the PUR website to redeem that I'm glossing over?[/QUOTE]

Ian, you need to bring the DSL, DSi, or DSiXL you want to trade toward 3DS to Gamestop store. Give them the code and you should be able to take advantage of this promo.

Anyone else a PUR member and not receive a code yet? I've been waiting for this coupon since I heard about it but when I checked my active offers there is nothing in there. I wanted to get the 3ds today but I guess im out of luck if I don't get the coupon code soon.

[quote name='OmegaLegend']Okay, another question. Does what kind of information does the little barcode sticker on the back of the DS carry? I was wondering if I could take the sticker on DS1(broken) and place it on the DS2(working but no serial sticker)

Or is that a big illegal no no? :/[/QUOTE]

I did that and they took it.

I have a PuR 3DS coupon. I'll trade it for a 25% Off EA Birthday Code. A freebie for a freebie? That way no side really "profits."

Let me know if anyone is interested!

[quote name='joseraul']I'm still undecided if I want to go ahead with this. Not sure I even want a 3DS, but $70 credit for a Lite would be nice.[/QUOTE]

I am doing this because of that $70 credit for my DS Lite. I was going to hold off until a bundle came out but this is too good to turn down.

if anyone wants the 3DS for 99$ plus trade coupon, you can email me at xXXX and I will email you back the coupon code. it'd be nice to get some amazon credit in return, but I'm willing to do a fellow gamer a favour too.

[quote name='simplylemonade']if anyone wants the 3DS for 99$ plus trade coupon, you can email me at xxxxx and I will email you back the coupon code. it'd be nice to get some amazon credit in return, but I'm willing to do a fellow gamer a favour too.[/QUOTE]

already given away

This is tempting, but considering I only paid $70 for my Lite (the radioshack deal during December) and I really want to have it for GBA games, I think I'm gunna hold off.

Denied. Got the coupon and tried trading in my system today. Clerk said the bottom screen was too smudged up and they couldn't take it without a $15 refurb fee. Not a big deal. Wasn't really sure if I wanted to do this deal anyway.

bread's done
Back