Nintendo 3DS - General Discussion Thread

[quote name="encendido5" post="12230564" timestamp="1415725766"]Time to use the spotpass relay :)[/quote]

Need ro learn how to do this. Can someone direct me to a good tutorial for this.

Any guesses as to when the New 3ds hits? I say late Feb/ early March 2015. Somewhere near the 4th anniversary of the original launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just found my old early model 3DS I thought I lost. It has two downloadable games, including Zelda: Four Swords, on it I'd like to transfer to my 3DS XL, but reading through all the Transfer FAQs, it states everything on my XL will be wiped out after doing it.

So should I just cut my losses on those two games since it will be a much bigger pain in the ass doing a transfer?

I would not transfer those two games if I was going to lose everything I had done since then. I say cut your losses.

So, the Ultimate nes remix puzzle came out a few days ago. After getting MANY streetpasses this weekend during national streetpass weekend, I need only 1 more piece to have every puzzle completed again. How many pieces are out right now? What js the total number? My 3ds is showing 1342 as the total number ( or either 1343...1340-something, anyway).

Just updated my system and lo and behold, yeah themes. Nice, I grabbed the Sonic one for free. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds one rocks, and would go great with my Zelda 3DSXL too, but I'm not spending 2.99 on it.

Another new Puzzle out for NA - Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker.

This puzzle was already available in Japan, so anyone with a HomePass setup can probably find pieces pretty quick.

I gotta say, and I know it costs nothing, but I'm impressed that Nintendo has kept up with these puzzles at all. It's the kind of thing I expected to die a premature death.

I just found my old early model 3DS I thought I lost. It has two downloadable games, including Zelda: Four Swords, on it I'd like to transfer to my 3DS XL, but reading through all the Transfer FAQs, it states everything on my XL will be wiped out after doing it.

So should I just cut my losses on those two games since it will be a much bigger pain in the ass doing a transfer?
Transfer your XL to your original, that will merge both the accounts. Then transfer your original back to your XL.

The merging order really depends on which NIN you want to keep.

New firmware update: 9.3.0.21

Update released: December 8th, 2014

• A Shuffle Favorites feature has been added under Change Theme in HOME Menu Settings. Users can choose multiple themes and have their theme change when the system is left in Sleep Mode from the HOME Menu or turned on after being off
  • Available software updates can now be downloaded from the HOME Menu
  • Users can now capture screenshots with both the upper and lower screens included
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/231/~/system-menu-update-history

It's available for all regions now, and carries some additional functionality for the "New" 3DS models concerning amiibo. 

New Spotpass MII being sent (at least in NA). It's Kyle from Nintendo, version 3.0 (This time he's wearing a Toad hat)

I do not know if it is being sent in EU. It did not arrive on my JP system.

I got two Special Miis from Spot Pass but I think they are repeats, as neither gave me pieces despite me having a ton of missing blues on 5 puzzles.

Finished the puzzles again. Also maxed out my Warrior's Way army. Now the streetpass games have no meaning. Time for a new puzzle Nintendo!

Pretty sure I know the answer to this, but say I was to buy my son a 3DS. Could I download the games that I've purchased on my 3DS to his?

I might need to hold off a bit for the New 3DS. No reason other than I have a bunch of other preorders in Feb along with a Game of Thrones figure I need to take care of.

With that said, they better announce this Xenoblade port and I will be extremely disappointed if they don't just because as it is right now, I refuse to pay the gamestop tax on that game. I would day one the Xenoblade game even if I didn't have the New 3DS yet.

Although I will have it in time for Majoras Mask assuming MM hits in May.

Xenoblade was announced for April.

The face plates are only for the regular New 3DS that is Japan-only, right?

EDIT: Nintendo Direct:

http://youtu.be/t6zgkp1YBRw

Xenoblade was announced for April.

The face plates are only for the regular New 3DS that is Japan-only, right?
Yes the faceplates are only for the regular New 3DS, but it's not a Japan exclusive. Every other region in which the New 3DS has launched or been announced has the regular size. Even the recent Ambassador 3DS promotion they ran for UK had the regular size. For some reason we're the only region not receiving the regular size.

Now I have a problem. Buy a New 3DS or keep my LE Majoras Mask.

If Amazon gets the MH bundle I will give Amazon my $. Not going though GS since I have to pay now.

In lesser news, a new Spotpass Puzzle has been sent to at least NA systems. It's Monster Hunter. 

Puzzle was already available in JP. I do not own an EU system, so can't comment there. 

It's quite amazing how I went from 100% hype to 0% hype so quickly yesterday when Nintendo failed to announce the New Nintendo 3DS release for the US.

Five months of fevered anticipation for nothing. Ugh, what a bummer.

Now I have a problem. Buy a New 3DS or keep my LE Majoras Mask.

If Amazon gets the MH bundle I will give Amazon my $. Not going though GS since I have to pay now.
Keep in mind that if you purchase the Majora's Mask Limited Edition New 3DSXL, it doesn't include the software, so owning the Limited Edition software won't be redundant.

Keep in mind that if you purchase the Majora's Mask Limited Edition New 3DSXL, it doesn't include the software, so owning the Limited Edition software won't be redundant.
I decided on the MH version of the new 3DS. I am going to have to cancel my MM LE but whatever, the MH will be a nice LE replacement.

Nintendo doesn't really do cross-buy, so no. Sorry.
Which was my point all along. They make people jump through hoops when they want the newest 3DS model, it's absurd. I grew up with Nintendo and love my 3DS but this sort of thing makes me wonder if they even understand what people want. When they announce crossbuy for Mario vs Donkey Kong like it's this big thing, I wonder if they even have a clue.

Sometimes it seems like Nintendo is in a different industry, or at least 10 years behind this one. At the same time though they ship fun, working, amazing games that rarely disappoint. I'd rather have that then all the great features of other consoles or companies, but no games that are truly good.

Sometimes it seems like Nintendo is in a different industry, or at least 10 years behind this one. At the same time though they ship fun, working, amazing games that rarely disappoint. I'd rather have that then all the great features of other consoles or companies, but no games that are truly good.
I agree about the games part. Which makes it all doubly frustrating.

It's quite amazing how I went from 100% hype to 0% hype so quickly yesterday when Nintendo failed to announce the New Nintendo 3DS release for the US.

Five months of fevered anticipation for nothing. Ugh, what a bummer.
I'm feel the same way...extremely disappointed. I was ready to be a day 1 buyer of the N3DS but have no desire to run out and purchase the N3DS XL.

I'm feel the same way...extremely disappointed. I was ready to be a day 1 buyer of the N3DS but have no desire to run out and purchase the N3DS XL.
Why is that? I'm actually impressed they didn't try to stagger the releases and get people to buy both.

I have a problem, y'all. I'm trying to finish OoT:3D, much like I've been trying to finish OoT since it released, and let's just say it's not my favorite thing to spend time on. I'm in Jabu-Jabu's Belly. I hate it. I hate the controls, I hate the camera, I hate the combat because of the controls and camera. Are there tips for enjoying this game in 2015, or do I just need to move on with my life?

The XL is personally too big for me. Then again, I found the OG 3DS to be a great size.

Though if it could at least use faceplates I could live with it.

bread's done
Back