Nintendo 3DS Trade in Offers

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]21832[/IMG-R]Amazon, GameStop and Walmart are offering the same values on DS trade-ins, with Walmart also accepting the original DS (fat) systems. All values are given in store-credit.

iconamazon.gif
Amazon: DSi XL = $100, DSi = $75, DS Lite = $50
icongs_r1.gif
GameStop: DSi XL = $100, DSi = $75, DS Lite = $50
icontarget.gif
Target: Up to $50...
icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us: Up to $75...
iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart: DSi XL = $100, DSi = $75, DS Lite = $50, DS = $20 (test program in 12 states, 3/27-4/30)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='utopianmachine']Ooo, 3DS launch center! First![/QUOTE]

D. Tosh would be proud of you. Just be the first, to write "first"!

[quote name='Organization_XIII']Nintendo DS
DS Lite
DSi
DSi XL
and now 3DS...

come on Nintendo, you can do better than this.[/QUOTE]

Hey, their family tree is better then Sony's, considering Nintendo never put out a PSPgo. Bahahah that thing bombed so badly its not even funny.

DS Lite
DSi
DSi XL
and now 3DS...

I thought it was impossible to make even more money.

DS Lite
DSi
DSi XL
and now 3DS...

How many different models of ps3/xbox 360 are out there now?

The 3DS does a less than ideal job of playing DS games. If you have a large DS library you'd be better off holding onto your system.

[quote name='SCUD4LIFE']How many different models of ps3/xbox 360 are out there now?[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to argue with you there:

PS3 (20gb and 60gb) - 360 (Core and Premium w/20gb)
PS3 (40gb and 80gb w/BC) - 360 (Elite and 60gb)
PS3 (80gb wo/BC) - 360 (120gb)
PS3 Slim 120gb- 360 (250gb)
PS3 (350 gb) - 360 Slim (4gb and 250gb)

and so on and so on.

wait so if I trade in my DS Lite at gamestop.

I would get the $50 I would normally get for trading in a DS Lite at gamestop plus $50 more towards the 3DS?

[quote name='JohnX9']wait so if I trade in my DS Lite at gamestop.

I would get the $50 I would normally get for trading in a DS Lite at gamestop plus $50 more towards the 3DS?[/QUOTE]

No, you just get $50 credit towards a 3DS...Normally, I think you would only get $25 credit for it.

DS Lite
DSi
DSi XL
and now 3DS...

Just so you know, the 3DS is a totally new system, it isn't just a remodel. It is like the what the original DS was to the Gameboy Advance. The PSP came out later than DS and has had the same amount of remodels-
PSP 2000
PSP 3000
PSP Go
I honestly don't understand the hate on Nintendo when other companies do the same.*cough*Apple*cough*

[quote name='K_G']No, you just get $50 credit towards a 3DS...Normally, I think you would only get $25 credit for it.[/QUOTE]

oh well thats lame. I'll probably just put it up on ebay.

DS Lite
DSi
DSi XL
and now 3DS...

they cant though since their fanbase tends to be on the south side of intelligent they need to keep the names simple so as not to confuse them and lose their business
...........jk i had a ds lite myself and a gb color at one point

I'm going to pass on the 3DS for now... you just know that after a year, they'll come out with a model head and shoulders better than the current model. And then they'll start to release shittier upgrades: bigger screens, 2 more cameras (for a total of 5.. I think?), HD graphics, and an automated hand which will play games for you.

I won't lie though... I really want one. Luckily, the launch line up sucks balls so that helps me put it off for a while.

[quote name='SCUD4LIFE']How many different models of ps3/xbox 360 are out there now?[/QUOTE]

Not an apples to apples comparison since Nintendo generally has put some added functionality in each model. A DS, DS lite, or DS will not play 3ds games. Maybe the DS to DS lite could be compared to either the 360 or PS3 slim models.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']I wonder whats next.... 3DS 2, 3DS XL or maybe 3DSi[/QUOTE]

Super portable headacheCom?

I'm interested in the DSi trade-in, but I can't bring myself to throw away my lone DSi downloaded game as well as the 500 points that remain in my DSi account. Cheap ass to the core.

I checked in-store with Hastings a few days ago and they're giving $100 credit for XL systems. I'm not sure if they're matching Gamestop/Amazon, how long it last, or if it applies for the other systems too. I'm going to trade my XL in to them, since I mistaken said I was sending the wrong color one to Amazon and had my returned.

[quote name='theEchness']D. Tosh would be proud of you. Just be the first, to write "first"![/QUOTE]

Hey, gotta celebrate it sometimes. ;)

As for me, although I'd love money back for my DSi, I'm keeping it until the eShop when I can transfer all my DSiWare.

[quote name='gkrykewy']I'm interested in the DSi trade-in, but I can't bring myself to throw away my lone DSi downloaded game as well as the 500 points that remain in my DSi account. Cheap ass to the core.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo sucks in this regard. If your Wii died, even if they couldn't fix it, any games tied to your account would actually be tied to that stupid console.
It's also stupid that if you owned more than one DSi or DSi XL, you'd have to rebuy everything from the store, instead of having it tied to your single account.
They claim to always use good, forward thinking technology, but they sure are stuck in 1995 when it comes to this stuff.

[quote name='juanawoman']
I honestly don't understand the hate on Nintendo when other companies do the same.*cough*Apple*cough*[/QUOTE]

Nintendo is the Apple of the Gaming Industry.

[quote name='cRodz']Nintendo is the Apple of the Gaming Industry.[/QUOTE]

At times Nintendo probably wishes that was true.

$50 for the DS lite? Man, I rather keep it. I read the 3DS review from Engadget yesterday (the US model) and I wasn't impressed... The 3D effect is there alright, but it's a hit or miss depending you move the 3DS or not. The biggest turn off of course is that battery life. I also read that there are frame rate issues because the processor is not fast enough. Well, I'm happy with the line of DSes, so I'll wait a bit.

I'm waiting this one out. I have a DS Lite that I could trade in (my daughter's DSi gets most of the playing time) but I think I'd rather just pay the extra $50 and keep it. The original DS was the first Nintendo system I didn't have at launch since the NES and I am super glad I waited in hindsight.

[quote name='Serpentor']$50 for the DS lite? Man, I rather keep it. I read the 3DS review from Engadget yesterday (the US model) and I wasn't impressed... The 3D effect is there alright, but it's a hit or miss depending you move the 3DS or not. The biggest turn off of course is that battery life. I also read that there are frame rate issues because the processor is not fast enough. Well, I'm happy with the line of DSes, so I'll wait a bit.[/QUOTE]

I think once people start playing the 3DS games, they're going to realize that adding 3D is just one more gimmick in a long line of gimmicks from Nintendo; the most glaring issue is obviously that you have to be at a certain viewing angle ("sweet spot") to really see the 3D effects, and if you move the console around while playing (as most people do, when holding it in their hands), it messes with the 3D. I personally think adding 3D to a handheld is ridiculous, but I'm sure the diehard Nintendo fanbase will buy these things sight unseen anyway. It always works that way for Nintendo products, including their ability to continually milk their "base" with new hardware models.

As for the 3DS, its an easy pass . . . terrible launch lineup, and nothing good on the horizon other than the usual rehashes. :puke:

[quote name='gkrykewy']I'm interested in the DSi trade-in, but I can't bring myself to throw away my lone DSi downloaded game as well as the 500 points that remain in my DSi account. Cheap ass to the core.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat...were probably a select few that actually have downloaded DSiWare...lol. I don't want to get rid of Dragon's Lair (actually a good port), Shantae, and the few other games I have along with some more points I have on the DSi.

The DSi was a waste in general (which most know) but remember we were suppose to get DSi only games? Oh well.

Having a DS, DS Lite, and DSI XL 25th anniversary helps me not want to jump on the 3ds yet. My biggest complaint is the 3 hour battery. I will say that I know I will have to have one when the mario games start coming in a few months and I wonder if they will be hard to find like the wii? If I knew they would I'd swing by kmart launch morning and get a blue one along with pilotwings which I might do anyway since it's only money.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Can you elaborate on this?[/QUOTE]

I think he's referring to the fact that they will not look as good on the 3DS.

Apparently because of the differences in resolution, DS games will only use a portion of the top and bottom screens. According to what they showed on 1up, you'll be better off using your old DS or DSi to play the DS games (pixelation issues, and such). It definitely will not be an improvement to use the 3DS to play them.

I have an extra DS Lite and the trade in deal at Amazon is tempting.

+ You get the $50 whether you buy a 3DS or not
+ No tax on a pricey handheld
- You have to wait until some merchant receives it and what happens if they don't want it?

I saw the 3DS at Best Buy and was very impressed with the screen and 3D effect (on PilotWings).
But this has to be one of the worst launch lineups since the Gamecube.
Its almost like Nintendo wants people not to buy it on launch day.

The only game I would mildly be interested in would be Nintendogs and thats for my kid.

Zimmy, off topic here, but how did you manage to get 57 Gold Trophies and only 11 Silver? Aren't you just given silver trophies, whereas gold ones actually have to be worked toward?

[quote name='Thrinn']Here's an example that explains it better than I can. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll pass until there's something compelling that's 3DS only (like Phoenix Wright vs. Prof Layton :D). I'm surprised the bottom screen wasn't made DSi size to cut down on that problem. Wonder if they'll fix it in a future revision... (I want 3DS XL!)

[quote name='soonersfan60']Thanks. I'll pass until there's something compelling that's 3DS only (like Phoenix Wright vs. Prof Layton :D). I'm surprised the bottom screen wasn't made DSi size to cut down on that problem. Wonder if they'll fix it in a future revision... (I want 3DS XL!)[/QUOTE]

Or you can just turn off the upscaling.

[quote name='cRodz']Nintendo is the Apple of the Gaming Industry.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Microsoft is the apple of the gaming industry, they find new ways to repackage the same system, and find some way to raise the price of Xbl or content for games. ex. cod maps, price hike for Xbox Live gold, etc.

[quote name='soccerstar93']I'm pretty sure Microsoft is the apple of the gaming industry, they find new ways to repackage the same system, and find some way to raise the price of Xbl or content for games. ex. cod maps, price hike for Xbox Live gold, etc.[/QUOTE]

Can you give me an example of how Apple repackages the same systems?

Their Ipods? As well as their computers. The Ipod Touch hasn't changed very much in 4 years, with the exception of a slimmer design and some updated interfacing. Same with the Xbox, prior to the slim, they changed the color and maybe some perks and kept the same main product.

[quote name='jkam']I'm in the same boat...were probably a select few that actually have downloaded DSiWare...lol. I don't want to get rid of Dragon's Lair (actually a good port), Shantae, and the few other games I have along with some more points I have on the DSi.

The DSi was a waste in general (which most know) but remember we were suppose to get DSi only games? Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Get the Dragon Lair port on cart. And there is a DSi only game...foto showdown (yay!).

bread's done
Back