Nintendo 3DS/Wii U - Register SMTIV & Fire Emblem: Awakening - Get $30 eShop [UPDATE: FULL DETAILS IN OP]

Autosaver

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
d1.png

d2.png

Most likely a promotion for the upcoming crossover "FE x SMT" exclusive to Wii U. According to the official website, this can be redeemed on Nintendo 3DS OR Wii U. Both digital and physical versions of games will work.

http://club2.nintendo.com/30/

Mods' note:

Please immediately stop with the requests for codes, selling of codes and the like.  There's a thread for that elsewhere on CAG, right over here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/177121-nintendo-club-game-code-trading-and-selling/

Further posts in here with those buy/sell requests will likely risk banning in some fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:
So here's my question (and I posed this to Nintendo support so I'll post the answer here when they respond):

Will the $30 credit, when applied to the Wii U account, qualify for the extra $5 on $50 redeemed?  I happen to have a 20 card I bought a few weeks back that I was planning to put on the Wii U.  I was going to put the $30 on my 3DS, but if I can get an extra $5 out of it I might as well put it on the Wii U.  But since it isn't an eShop card per se, I'm not sure if it qualifies.

Here's the promo I am talking about: http://club2.nintendo.com/rebate/#.Ue3ONpDn-Ul

I'm loving it because I play the game almost everyday anyways and now that I have it as digital I can keep another game in my cartridge slot.
Yep. I went digital for it for just that reason. Too much hassle changing carts for a game like AC that I play a time or two pretty much every day.

wow  if you dont talk to everyone in the  Game your going to be lost.... i was in tokyo  going around in circles for  hours       and  figure out needed to talk to a certain person to open up a quest.... at least i leveled up  3 times..

and WTF  why do they make  leving up so freaking hard in the early part of the game  14   or 19 here and there.. once you get the gun your  jumping levels 

Wait, do you need a 3DS to get the $30 code thing?

Can't you just register the games on a computer?

Also to answer your question, the deal ends 8/31.
You register the games on the Club Nintendo website that then gives you a code on the Club Nintendo website that you then put into the 3DS or WiiU.

Hmm, that's a half tempting idea when I can trade the physical copy to GS for the same amount I paid for it on Amazon.Probably wouldn't get coins for registering a physical and digital copy though would I?
I'm pretty sure you would get coins for both. They had "Intend To Buys" up for both versions. I'd test it out if I didn't already have too many coins on my account for next year as between me and 2 of my kids we have 1 digital and 2 retail copies ;).

You register the games on the Club Nintendo website that then gives you a code on the Club Nintendo website that you then put into the 3DS or WiiU.
Is it only good for either system? i.e. if I want to use the $30 on the Wii U I put it in the Wii U, or if I want to use it for 3DS I put the code into the 3DS? Or is the $30 per account, so I can use it on 3DS and Wii U both?

Is it only good for either system? i.e. if I want to use the $30 on the Wii U I put it in the Wii U, or if I want to use it for 3DS I put the code into the 3DS? Or is the $30 per account, so I can use it on 3DS and Wii U both?

You have to pick which platform to apply the credit to.
Nintendo doesn't have accounts that you can tie systems to

I also jumped onto this deal, purchased FE on Amazon, and got SMTIV on Newegg for about $35 using the "$15 off $50 deal using Newegg Mobile + Google Wallet" deal.  I figure that if it turns out these two games aren't my cup of tea, and can always sell them back on Amazon for almost-new price, as that's about what the lowest used listing still is at the moment.  Meanwhile I'll nab the $30 eShop credit and a little bit of profit from the discounted SMTIV buy/sell.

Hmm, that's a half tempting idea when I can trade the physical copy to GS for the same amount I paid for it on Amazon.Probably wouldn't get coins for registering a physical and digital copy though would I?
Yep, I received 40 coins (+10 for post play survey) for the physical and another 40 for the digital.

All the digital games I've purchased from my Wii, Wii U, and 3DS have automatically added the coins to my Club Nintendo account. As long as your 3DS is linked to your CN account and you should be fine.

Yep, I received 40 coins (+10 for post play survey) for the physical and another 40 for the digital.

All the digital games I've purchased from my Wii, Wii U, and 3DS have automatically added the coins to my Club Nintendo account. As long as your 3DS is linked to your CN account and you should be fine.
Alright, wasn't sure since I know you can't register two physical copies on the same account. Wonder how much Phoenix Wright is going to cost.

At the moment, no. Yesterday or the day before there were ethernet cables for $6 with a $6 MIR with a buy limit of 3. Unfortunately buying 2 of them was $3 shipping. Still, Fire Emblem would have been $28 that way.

A few days before that they had a bunch of stuff for free after rebate, most sold out quickly but there was a $15 refurb Emerson Clock Radio for free. Would have jumped on that but I didn't know how the deal worked.

Bottom line I'd hit up slickdeals' front page deals every now and then and see if newegg has any more stuff like that in the next month. Considering they did 2 in one week I'd say the odds are pretty good you'll make out alright.
Ok I'll keep my eye out.

Why not just order a 99¢ USB cable (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812189268) ? I got it with free shipping (not sure about others though). I decided getting something less just was not worth the trouble.
Because I'm trying to get fire emblem which is $39.99 so i need $10.01 more.

I feel so dumb that I didn't read that you could've used the $30 credit for the Wii U. I mean sure 3DS has some good stuff that ill check out like Pushmo/Crashmo and the mighty switch force series, but I need more reasons to play my Wii u. haha Oh well, a free $30 just for buying 2 games that I was gonna buy anyway is still a great deal. Now if Earthbound would come to 3DS VC I'd be fine with it.

Can you use the $30 e-shop credit toward the "add $100 to wallet, get $10 back" promotion? Would it work like I would redeem the $30 code, add the remaining $70, then receive the credit?

Can you use the $30 e-shop credit toward the "add $100 to wallet, get $10 back" promotion? Would it work like I would redeem the $30 code, add the remaining $70, then receive the credit?
I'd like to know this too. I'm getting both games to get the $30 credit anyway, but being able to get the Wii U $5/$10 credit does influence me on which eShop I'd be adding the $30 funds to.

I got SMTIV today, so I could try out the $30 to verify.

But I'd rather not add the additional money and not be able to reverse the wallet add if it doesn't work.

The rumors are that an update to unify the 3DS/Wii U separate store weirdness is coming. I don't think it's confirmed though.
I don't think it's weird. I doubt most 3DS owners have a Wii U and vice versa. You can buy PSP games on the PS3 but you can't play them. That's weird.

Having a digital wallet system is weird. Do you go to walmart, buy gift cards for yourself, then use the gift cards at the register? Hell no, you buy things with money and pay the exact amount. The only reason the wallet system exists is because kids don't have credit cards and b&m shops don't want to sell download codes for individual games.

And rumors are, by definition, unconfirmed.

I'd like to know this too. I'm getting both games to get the $30 credit anyway, but being able to get the Wii U $5/$10 credit does influence me on which eShop I'd be adding the $30 funds to.

Anyone confirm if the $30 credit works toward the $10 promotion?
I brought this up the other day and also fired off an email to Nintendo Customer Service about it on Monday. I've gotten no response.

I highly doubt anyone Nintendo would actually know.

A better question would be if we need to apply the exact amount to the wallet in one go, or can do it in increments.

If its the latter, then the prepaid code should work.

I highly doubt anyone Nintendo would actually know.

A better question would be if we need to apply the exact amount to the wallet in one go, or can do it in increments.

If its the latter, then the prepaid code should work.
See now I never even though that would be an issue. If the $30 doesn't work it was my plan to add 3 $20 cards into the account. I wouldn't think for a second that that wouldn't count. After all, they give you a range of time to do the $50 or $100 so I would think any contributions during that time would count. But the text does say specifically "eshop cards" so the $30 promo might be a different category.

Okay, good.

So is anyone planning to try this out soon? I might just find out for myself since I have Wii U games I would like to apply the credit towards.

Ok, just had something weird happen. I just received my copy of SMT4. I went to the Nintendo website to register the product and when I was finished, I received the $30 credit. I never entered my Fire Emblem code. After I received my code, I registered my Fire emblem code and it gave me more coins and accepted my code so there is no doubt that I got the credit with only the SMT4 code. Try it out before entering the Fire Emblem code. You might get lucky!

Ok, just had something weird happen. I just received my copy of SMT4. I went to the Nintendo website to register the product and when I was finished, I received the $30 credit. I never entered my Fire Emblem code. After I received my code, I registered my Fire emblem code and it gave me more coins and accepted my code so there is no doubt that I got the credit with only the SMT4 code. Try it out before entering the Fire Emblem code. You might get lucky!
Gah of course I just received only FE and registered it today, should be getting SMT4 tomorrow.

I was unlucky just now when I put my SMT 4 registration code in. I was really hoping it would work that way I wouldn't have to buy a fire emblem code ><.

Yeah that happened to me also. I hadn't put in any CN codes except the system since I got it in May. Went ahead and put the Fire Emblem code in as I need the coins, to be honest with the promo, and I already traded SMT IV into GS.

Wait, it needs to be done through prepaid cards? You can't just add the funds digitally from your credit card?

It should work with credit cards, it just says add funds. Not add funds from prepaid cards.
Unfortunately, it doesn't just say "add funds" - see below...

Okay, good.

So is anyone planning to try this out soon? I might just find out for myself since I have Wii U games I would like to apply the credit towards.
Sorry, I wasn't clear - yes, credit card funding works. But the text only mentions those two methods (credit card and pre-paid card). That is why I'm worried the $30 promo credit will not work, unless they consider that the same as a "pre-paid card". It is all semantics, but it depends on how Nintendo defines those things, not us!

Here is the exact text from the promo:

Add funds to your Nintendo eShop account using a credit card or Nintendo pre-paid card by July 28, 2013.*
and then:

You'll get an email with your Nintendo eShop promotional code on August 2 - just in time for the Pikmin 3 release on August 4!
...which makes it seem like "pre-paid cards" and "promotional codes" are two different things. Of course, if all they do is check if your balance went up by $50 then it works either way. But they aren't confirming that one way or the other...

However, I think we can put to rest the possibility that you have to do all the funding "at once" as someone was worried about earlier. This part pretty much negates that issue:

• Add $50-$99.99 to receive a promotional code for $5
  • Add $100 or more to receive a promotional code for $10
While you can fund any amount with a credit card, if you are using the pre-paid cards it is either $20 or $50 increments (or $35 if you have one of the older cards). Thus you would have to fund multiple times to meet the threshold (at least the $100 one).

Makes sense. I doubt there's any real way Nintendo can check if the amount added was the $30 promotion or a prepaid card. I can't imagine they would care enough to anyway.

I just hope it works, I want my free Earthbound.

Ah, so, no one who got the code yet pointed this out. I just redeemed my SMT IV code (already did FE) and got the $30 instantly.

Here is what it says on the instructions:

How to redeem your $30 credit in the eShop

• Click on Menu
  • Select Add Funds
  • Click on Redeem a Nintendo Prepaid Card
  • Enter the 16-digit code you received at Club Nintendo. Once you click 'Add', the credit will be added instantly to your account balance.
So from that blurb it seems Nintendo considers this promotional code to be the same as a "prepaid card". That's good enough for me. If, for some reason, I don't get the $5 (after adding this and an actual $20 pre-paid card) then I will contact Nintendo support.

Makes sense. I doubt there's any real way Nintendo can check if the amount added was the $30 promotion or a prepaid card. I can't imagine they would care enough to anyway.

I just hope it works, I want my free Earthbound.
Why wouldn't they have a way to check it? It's all stored in a database that they have full access to. It Steam/PSN/XBL/any store all know where any funds have come from I'm sure Nintendo knows as well if it's part of the promo.

So from that blurb it seems Nintendo considers this promotional code to be the same as a "prepaid card". That's good enough for me. If, for some reason, I don't get the $5 (after adding this and a $20 pre-paid card) then I will contact Nintendo support.
That promo's WiiU only right?

To everyone who's asking if the FFxSMT promo works towards the $50/$100 credit, there's no way to know since you don't get a confirmation after adding the funds. You have to wait until August 2nd to see if the credit gets applied to your account.

Has anyone claimed this for 2 Club Nintendo accounts that are linked by a family account?
I'd like to know this as well. I got an extra combo by finding a used smt4 at GameStop not expecting the Club Nintendo code to be un-used... Score!

I wish Nintendo would allow you to install games you own onto a SDcard.. I like holding the physical game in my hand, but see the advantage of digital...

Just use the two codes on separate account. You won't be able to use the coins you earn from them on your main account, but the $30.00 credit comes as a code you can use on any account you want, I think.

I registered SMT IV yesterday and got the $30 credit without the Fire Emblem code. I think Nintendo goofed up big time, but I'm not complaining!  :)

Hey guys, I have a question. I don't have a 3DS yet. Can I create a Club Nintendo account and register SMT4 and FE:A before linking the account to a system?

The way I'm reading it, I only need the system for step 3, which would give me until December 31st to get one. I'm hoping to be able to get one on Black Friday.

Hey guys, I have a question. I don't have a 3DS yet. Can I create a Club Nintendo account and register SMT4 and FE:A before linking the account to a system?

The way I'm reading it, I only need the system for step 3, which would give me until December 31st to get one. I'm hoping to be able to get one on Black Friday.
You should be just fine in that regard since you're dealing with physical copies and the system's only required to enter the $30 credit, everything else is done online.

bread's done
Back