Nintendo 3DS/Wii U - Register SMTIV & Fire Emblem: Awakening - Get $30 eShop [UPDATE: FULL DETAILS IN OP]

Autosaver

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
d1.png

d2.png

Most likely a promotion for the upcoming crossover "FE x SMT" exclusive to Wii U. According to the official website, this can be redeemed on Nintendo 3DS OR Wii U. Both digital and physical versions of games will work.

http://club2.nintendo.com/30/

Mods' note:

Please immediately stop with the requests for codes, selling of codes and the like.  There's a thread for that elsewhere on CAG, right over here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/177121-nintendo-club-game-code-trading-and-selling/

Further posts in here with those buy/sell requests will likely risk banning in some fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with the free shipping from amazon and its already been shipped with an estimate of July 18th.. not that bad.

My $42 copy of SMT IV from Newegg shipped today :D Excited for the game but also now I get to sit on this $30 credit and $5 credit I just got from my Digital Deluxe Wii U promo and wait on a good sale haha.

Release day's tomorrow huh? I have it reserved at Gamestop, and I hope to use that 15% off coupon that's on the Power Up site.
dont see any 15% off promo

card got charged this morning NO SHIPPING INFO...

i also got one via gamestop...

dont know what one im going to buy yet

I chose FSSS for my SMT IV from Amazon. I just got an email saying it shipped and will be here on release day. I always use FSSS and usually get the items really quick. Lets hope nobody gets theirs mailed in a bubble mailer, well Newegg that should already be expected.

Newegg had a discount on it to bring it down to $42 a while back.

Amazon has a Gold Box deal for -5%.

Newegg has a "Google Wallet/Mobile" deal where if you spend $50, you get $15 off.

Newegg had a discount on it to bring it down to $42 a while back.

Amazon has a Gold Box deal for -5%.

Newegg has a "Google Wallet/Mobile" deal where if you spend $50, you get $15 off.
Of which the first one was a newsletter pre-order code specific to it and the second one's going to be largely luck based on your shopping habits.

my newegg says it shipped but never got any tracking info ...love to see it tomorrow  but i highly doubt it

NOT getting it till  weds  o well

Thanks for the review. This is the first game I have ever preordered because of the credit on the eshop. It's supposed to come tomorrow from Amazon.

Just browse for 3DS titles. I had it pop up like 30 times lol.
I got it in my gold box randomly today so I picked it up...I had 2 copies of fire emblem so figured I might as well grab this with the bonuses. Game actually looks pretty gear but I have never played one of these before.

Just browse for 3DS titles. I had it pop up like 30 times lol.
That's all I do and all I buy off Amazon but I still barely seem to get games. Lately it's things like gas cans and dog food for whatever reason and when I do get games it's either stuff I already have or would never touch. I'm starting to think that Amazon just doesn't know me very well.

im sure someone answered this but im on a mobile and searching sucks on it.

Does this work with the physical copies of the games? if so will it work if youve already registered fire emblem?

That's all I do and all I buy off Amazon but I still barely seem to get games. Lately it's things like gas cans and dog food for whatever reason and when I do get games it's either stuff I already have or would never touch. I'm starting to think that Amazon just doesn't know me very well.
wow thats happened to me lately. i even used the improve recomendations section, but i keep getting kitchen stuff, tools, paintcans, ect. nothing i bought is linked to the recomendations, its stupid. The thing is it USED to give me good ones. maybe its broken

im sure someone answered this but im on a mobile and searching sucks on it.

Does this work with the physical copies of the games? if so will it work if youve already registered fire emblem?
Yes on both counts and it's even in writing on the promotion page on Club Nintendo so no worries or speculation.

I also had it come up several times and I finally bought it the last time which was just before I found out about this promotion.  Even though I wasn't thrilled with paying $48 for it, I figured since I'd be getting the first edition (with the extras) and the bonus DLC code, I might as well.  I figured if I never played it I could probably make that back and then some in the future.  Now I'll have to open it for the Club Nintendo code so that plan is out the window - but for the $30 eShop credit I suppose that is worth it.  And then maybe that will force me to play it - gotta wait till I finish 999 though...

FWIW, I got my preorder bonus code from Amazon this evening - can't use it until tomorrow according to the instructions.

I didn't pre-order this whats the chances of me walking into my gamestop in the morning and them having this game?

Ah alright to be safe I ordered one off gamestop.com

and ill pick it up at store tomorrow, and if I get ill just return the one I am getting from gamestop.com or I can probably cancel the order since I did value shipping it usually takes a day or two to process.

I had decided to skip this deal... then Amazon put it in my gold box. Why did $2.50 change my mind? I am so weak...
If it makes you feel better they put AC for Vita in my box today for a whole 3% ($1) off the already discounted price and that's making it so much more tempting for some reason.

Well newegg got out of stock at 12:01am, so can't order from there...

Was there any talk of this fame being limited run? Should I wait and see if I can get a deal later? Promo is still runnin for 1.5 months... Or is this going to be another Fire Emblem story?

Was there any talk of this fame being limited run? Should I wait and see if I can get a deal later? Promo is still runnin for 1.5 months... Or is this going to be another Fire Emblem story?
Well in theory it should be but we really don't know and there's no real evidence either way. On the one hand a lot of people don't believe the $50 price point is going to be sustainable over the long term and that they'll drop the collectibles from a second run and release a $40 edition. Hopefully this is the case, so they gain some sort of value, but at the same time almost all of Atlus' recent games with "limited edition" contents like CDs and mini art books seem to still have them well after the fact. If they're running this promo until the end of August I have a hard time imagining that SMT will be particularly hard to find or have a different version released before that. Would be a pretty big fuck you to those of us who aren't thrilled about the $50 price but were willing to pre-order it anyway once the promo was announced.

Long way of saying it's probably just Newegg is probably out because of that Visa promo since everyone else still says they have it.

Just a heads up - Newegg currently lists SMT as in stock with free shipping. I was able to successfully purchase it with the $15 off Google wallet promo after adding a filler item. My total was $36.98. Pretty sweet deal.

If it makes you feel better they put AC for Vita in my box today for a whole 3% ($1) off the already discounted price and that's making it so much more tempting for some reason.
Well, to be fair this is a killer deal by default... Selling for anything over 17.50 will be profit. I just think it's a hassle to sell... Still, 17.50 to keep the game isn't bad either, I had to buy $20 more eshop to get Pokemon anyway, and that other 10 will prooooobably go toward Ace Attorney 5.

I can also see how AC Vita would be tempting, it's the only one I haven't played yet. XD

Good thing I stayed up and checked newegg again, showed us as in stock. Added a USB 2.0 extension cable and got the promo, total was $39 shipped.

FYI filler item has to be sold by newegg, I was going to get an rj45 crimper for 8$ but it didn't qualify, so got USB extender instead. Newegg crimper a are like $30

I'm kind of tempted by this, but kind of doubt I'd ever get through two long games on 3DS since I mainly use it for shorter burst gaming.  And I haven't played SRPGS or JRPGs in years, though I understand these have easier modes that make me more likely to enjoy them and not get put off by difficulty and forced grinding as much.

The $90 combined price makes it a tougher sell too. So I'll probably pass unless I find both games on sale before the promo is up.  I'm more interested in Fire Emblem of the two. I also have no interest in the collectible crap in SMTIV, so I'd rather wait and see if they put out a $35-40 version without it.

Why would you be buying the games if you dont have anything to play them on? Lol
This site doesn't always lead to logical behavior. Most people on here have more games than they can play. Before I was on CAG, I ridiculed those with a backlog. Getting deals is the game here, even if the end goal means you don't save any money, because you wouldn't have bought all those $20 games to begin with.

This site doesn't always lead to logical behavior. Most people on here have more games than they can play. Before I was on CAG, I ridiculed those with a backlog. Getting deals is the game here, even if the end goal means you don't save any money, because you wouldn't have bought all those $20 games to begin with.
This is why I'll never really understand CAGers. So many people here who had fire emblem already and had zero interest in buying SMT4 ended up paying $50 bucks for it just to get a $30 eShop credit, when they could have saved $20 and put $30 on their eShop account instead.

My Amazon package just arrived and my copy is beat to hell because they put it loose in a bubble mailer.  It is a much bigger 3DS CE than I've ever seen -so it had a lot of weight to shift around and get dented.  :bomb:

My Amazon package just arrived and my copy is beat to hell because they put it loose in a bubble mailer. It is a much bigger 3DS CE than I've ever seen -so it had a lot of weight to shift around and get dented. :bomb:
Oh boy, that makes me anxious. Guess there's going to be a lot of dented ones on AWD soon.

My Amazon package just arrived and my copy is beat to hell because they put it loose in a bubble mailer. It is a much bigger 3DS CE than I've ever seen -so it had a lot of weight to shift around and get dented. :bomb:
Well mine just came, in a bubble mailer, and it's pretty smushed. Corners are all dented, has a crease in the spine and that empty space above the game is all beat up. Something doesn't feel quite right under where the case is but that could just be my imagination. Of course they reinforced the sleeve everywhere except where there were no contents to help protect it. On the one had I don't know whether to complain and ask for another because the actual contents look like they're probably alright but if I want to resell it I'm sure that whoever gets it is going to want the sleeve in good shape too.

Well mine just came, in a bubble mailer, and it's pretty smushed. Corners are all dented, has a crease in the spine and that empty space above the game is all beat up. Something doesn't feel quite right under where the case is but that could just be my imagination. Of course they reinforced the sleeve everywhere except where there were no contents to help protect it. On the one had I don't know whether to complain and ask for another because the actual contents look like they're probably alright but if I want to resell it I'm sure that whoever gets it is going to want the sleeve in good shape too.
Yeah, that pretty much describes mine to a tee. It has been a while since I've bugged Amazon CS with any issues so I went ahead and fired off an email about this one. If nothing else, they need to learn to package this stuff better. They used to send everything in boxes but I've noticed my last several games have come in bubble mailers. And even though it was UPS 2-day shipping it was still treated like Parcel Post or something - you'd think they wouldn't have had that much time to beat it up, but they found a way.

Mine was dinged as well, but the contents were fine so I dont care. I still plan to tell them though. This makes me worried for my Xillia CE

My order with Newegg just came in, and the box is in pristine condition considering it was mailed by a bubble package. 

Guess I'll jump on the $30 credit since I've never really registered any of my games. 

Exact same thing happened to me. So pissed.

Last time I order a CE from Amazon.

bread's done
Back