Nintendo 3DS XL - $179.99 Sunday (8/19) only at Fry's Electronics

Queasy

CAGiversary!
The Nintendo 3DS XL will be on sale for $179.99 for Sunday, 8/19 only. This price is good online too but shipping takes a huge bite out of the $20 discount. $6.99 for the "Ultra Saver" and $10.54 for ground.

Edit: Looks like shipping is unavailable now. In-store pickup is the only option when purchasing over the web.
Link to Fry's with the $20 discount for the 3DS XL - http://www.frys.com/search?plusearch=7193842 7193792
Link to the ad showing the $20 discount - http://www.frys.com/ads/page11
New Super Mario Bros 2 - http://www.frys.com/product/7203723?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

http://www.examiner.com/article/nintendo-3ds-xl-gets-a-20-launch-discount-at-fry-s-for-sunday-only

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, I do not have a Fry's here to try to PM this at Best Buy. I'll be traveling this week so maybe where I'm at will. Does anybody know how BB.com PM's local retailers? For example Kansas City, MO area has a Best Buy and Fry's so would that work? I have a $200 GC from BB that I got a $20 AmEx statement credit from when I bought the GC.

Edit: Crap, got so excited did not see it was Sunday only.

Perfect now I can match NSMB 2 and 3DS XL at bestbuy, and use trade in credit. $210 + tax for both seems like the best deal going on launch......

[quote name='whorunit602']Perfect now I can match NSMB 2 and 3DS XL at bestbuy, and use trade in credit. $210 + tax for both seems like the best deal going on launch......[/QUOTE]

When you put it like that, I'm not so sure I want to wait till a Black Friday bundle is revealed (if at all). Only thing putting me off are the colors.

[quote name='Sway']When you put it like that, I'm not so sure I want to wait till a Black Friday bundle is revealed (if at all). Only thing putting me off are the colors.[/QUOTE]

Probably best to wait at least until Xmas. It was around that time last year when they put out that Zelda 3DS.

That's what I plan to do anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whorunit602']Perfect now I can match NSMB 2 and 3DS XL at bestbuy, and use trade in credit. $210 + tax for both seems like the best deal going on launch......[/QUOTE]

What is Best Buy's price match policy regarding how close a store is? There is a Fry's, but it is 100 miles away from me so not sure Best Buy would PM.

Is was planning on getting it at Best Buy Sunday anyways if possible.

[quote name='ck76']What is Best Buy's price match policy regarding how close a store is? There is a Fry's, but it is 100 miles away from me so not sure Best Buy would PM.

Is was planning on getting it at Best Buy Sunday anyways if possible.[/QUOTE]

Generally speaking, it has to be within the same city. Not sure about mileage but 100 would definitely put you out of range.

[quote name='ck76']What is Best Buy's price match policy regarding how close a store is? There is a Fry's, but it is 100 miles away from me so not sure Best Buy would PM.

Is was planning on getting it at Best Buy Sunday anyways if possible.[/QUOTE]

Always assumed it had to be a store in the same area, but I think BB price matches are always YMMV. Their policy says "another retailer in the local area" and I doubt 100 miles would qualify.

The nearest Fry's is 38 miles away from me and it's not worth wasting an hour driving down to Palo Alto from SF just to save $30 on the system and game.

Really wish Amazon would sell it.

[quote name='BryanDGAF']Can I buy this in store or is this online only[/QUOTE]

It'll be in-store too.

Oh damn! I might have to jump on one now. I doubt they're really going to get a whole lot cheaper any time soon, and I prefer $20 off instead of a $25-$30 gift card.

[quote name='UndyingForce']nice find...still holding out for a white or black XL[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sway']When you put it like that, I'm not so sure I want to wait till a Black Friday bundle is revealed (if at all). Only thing putting me off are the colors.[/QUOTE]

I'm not buying the ridiculous red/blue 3DS XL. Give me a black or I'm not buying one, just like I never bought a DSi XL either.

[quote name='gordojones88']I'm not buying the ridiculous red/blue 3DS XL. Give me a black or I'm not buying one, just like I never bought a DSi XL either.[/QUOTE]

I used to feel that way about the Red and Blue, but after seeing the red, I actually like it. While playing the entire inside is black anyway so I don't particularly care.

[quote name='diortemx']Could someone tell me which page this is on in the ad?[/QUOTE]

It's in the ad that is coming out on Sunday. It'll be a one-sheeter. Should show up on Frys.com early Sunday morning.

[quote name='Queasy']It's in the ad that is coming out on Sunday. It'll be a one-sheeter. Should show up on Frys.com early Sunday morning.[/QUOTE]
Thanks.

[quote name='sdcranford']Damn, I do not have a Fry's here to try to PM this at Best Buy. I'll be traveling this week so maybe where I'm at will. Does anybody know how BB.com PM's local retailers? For example Kansas City, MO area has a Best Buy and Fry's so would that work? I have a $200 GC from BB that I got a $20 AmEx statement credit from when I bought the GC.

Edit: Crap, got so excited did not see it was Sunday only.[/QUOTE]

Where in if Kansas city is there a fry's?

Re Best buy price match I have no problems pm'ing Omaha to Lincoln which is 50 plus miles. In fact I pm'd hunger games blu ray today for $15.92 ( Nebraska furniture mart)

But you most likely have to pay sales tax at Fry's so its a wash... you end up almost the same price as buying it at Newegg, where I just got mine (in stock).

[quote name='Desousa93']I waiting till a pokemon 3DS exists I have no need for a 3DS until a 3D pokemon game happens.[/QUOTE]

Be prepared to wait at least until next year. There are still way too many DS owners out there for Nintendo to make a killing off of.

Lol there isn't even a Frys in my state :( so no chance of PMing but I gotta try, it'll be hilarious to hear "wtf is Frys" from the customer service people.

Good deal though

[quote name='Queasy']It's in the ad that is coming out on Sunday. It'll be a one-sheeter. Should show up on Frys.com early Sunday morning.[/QUOTE]

Hope they have a printed ad available somewhere in order to pm at prices like Target.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Be prepared to wait at least until next year. There are still way too many DS owners out there for Nintendo to make a killing off of.[/QUOTE]

Doubt it would come next year, unless it's a R/S/E remake. I can't see a new region with new Pokemon introduced until at least 2014.

Looking at past titles, there's normally a 2-4 year break in between major games (not counting remakes and enhanced versions). Not looking too good though- D/P released 4 years after R/S. B/W released 4 years after D/P. Might be 2015 before we get a new Pokemon.

A 3D R/S/E remake would be sick. I actually loved that gen., though not for the Pokemon, but mostly for the sidequests and world. Felt like there was always something to do, and secret bases were awesome (why did they not bring them back :cry: ?).

I might take this deal. Maybe sell my old 3DS after I get the XL and get more than I would from Gamestop. Really can't decide whether I should get one or not :whistle2:?.

Tempting. I was thinking about getting one of these and selling off my 3DS. If they'd announced the XL a few months earlier I'd have never bought the 3DS and waited instead. If I can get at least $70 for the 3DS it'll more than make up the difference. I have the Frogger hard shell and the 3DSXL's 4GB SD card to sweeten the deal. (I already use a 32 GB SD card in the 3DS that will transfer, so I'm not losing anything there.

[quote name='UndyingForce']nice find...still holding out for a white or black XL[/QUOTE]
I hope you have HUGE patient because you will be waiting awhile for that to show up here in the US. :bouncy:

We still don't have a white 3DS. I did however buy the midnight purple and it looks sweet. One thing to remember like someone else mentioned is that the color is only on the outer screen lid. Everything else is in black. So if you want one now, just buy a white decal for the back, problem solved. Those should be available anytime now. Just check Ebay.

[quote name='vlv723']Thank goodness that there's in-store pickup. Got a red/black system along with NSMB2.[/QUOTE]

Doing the same thing. Good to know I won't have to hope it's available after driving the 20 miles there.

Picking up a newspaper for the Fry's ad so I can price match the XL at Best Buy, there's a good bunch of RZ points right there! :)

I don't know if it's because I'm Silver, but I just PMd on the phone. It took a bit of my pushing back and rationalizing the situation.The phone rep was fantastic, too; just took a bit of time on the phone and patience to get the deal.

[quote name='cookiecrumbz']I guess you have to be a BB Rewards silver member to PM this right?[/QUOTE]

That may be a YMMV. Before he even saw my silver rewards card, the rep at the store had to get the okay from his manager. I did get the pricematch, and he said it helped that I had the physical ad in hand.

[quote name='havuk']they can't deny a non silver member a pricematch, where does it say that?[/QUOTE]

I think their policy is that they can price match any competitor's ad, whether you're a reward zone member or not.

The Best Buy I went to didn't price match on 1-day deals. I got a raincheck from Fry's though since everywhere within a 20 mile radius was sold out.

[quote name='doggyflewaway']The Best Buy I went to didn't price match on 1-day deals. I got a raincheck from Fry's though since everywhere within a 20 mile radius was sold out.[/QUOTE]

Best buy priced matched the deal and gave me a free case

bread's done
Back