Nintendo Channel Gameplay Records

botticus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
If anyone cares to share their gameplay records from the new Nintendo Channel, post away!

I copied all of mine down a couple days ago, so here we are:

Over 10 hours:
Game - play time, times played

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - 77:14, 22
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 45:25, 18
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - 34:00, 8
Little King's Story - 32:19, 22
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - 28:14, 15
Okami - 25:43, 12
FFCC: My Life as a King - 22:28, 16
Zack & Wiki - 21:03, 13
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 17:53, 8
Wii Sports - 17:45, 18
Super Paper Mario - 17:02, 10
Batallion Wars Wii - 16:38, 7
Mario Kart Wii - 15:40, 13
Super Mario Galaxy - 14:41, 5
de Blob - 13:38, 9
No More Heroes - 12:57, 6
Guitar Hero III - 10:03, 10

The rest:
Mario Strikers Charged - 8:27, 4
Wario Land: Shake It! - 7:25, 5
Wii Play - 6:53, 9
The Conduit - 5:26, 6
DoReMi Fantasy - 4:54, 4
Wii Shop Channel - 4:40, 39
Big Brain Academy - 4:18, 4
Wii Fit - 4:05, 9
MadWorld - 4:01, 7
Mii Channel - 3:31, 35
Wii Sports Resort - 3:11, 3
Excite Truck - 2:53, 4
Trauma Center: New Blood - 2:46, 3
Contra III - 2:23, 2
LIT - 2:11, 3
World of Goo - 2:10, 3
Sin & Punishment - 2:08, 2
Godfather: Blackhand - 1:51, 2
Nintendo Channel - 1:46, 9
SMB3 - 1:46, 2
Everybody Votes - 1:44, 27
Dead Rising - 1:29, 1 (rental)
Overlord: Dark Legend - 1:28, 1 (rental)
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party - 1:26, 1 (rental)
BlastWorks - 1:25, 1
Mega Man 9 - 1:22, 3
CoD: WaW - 1:09, 1 (rental)
Bomberman Blast - 1:05, 1
Ghostbusters - 1:00, 1 (rental)
Sonic and the Secret Rings - 0:59, 1 (rental)
Mushroom Men - 0:54, 2 (rental)
Pikmin - 0:51, 1 (rental)
Bully - 0:43, 1 (rental)
RE: UC - 0:41, 1 (rental)
Punch-Out!! - 0:40, 1 (rental)
Mario Super Sluggers - 0:40, 1 (rental)
Lego Indy - 0:40, 1 (rental)
Legend of the Mystical Ninja - 0:40, 1
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - 0:39, 1 (rental)
Shining Force - 0:34, 2
Ghost Squad - 0:34, 1
Dragon Blade - 0:34, 1 (rental)
CoD3 - 0:33, 1 (rental)
Metal Slug Anthology - 0:31, 1 (rental)
Tenchu - 0:30, 1 (rental)
Punch-Out (VC) - 0:28, 1
Boom Blox - 0:27, 1 (rental)
News Channel - 0:24, 5
Forecast Channel - 0:24, 7
HotD 2&3 - 0:23, 1 (rental)
Cooking Mama: Cook Off - 0:21, 1 (rental)
Mario Power Tennis - 0:20, 1 (rental)
We Ski - 0:15, 1 (rental)
ActRaiser - 0:13, 1
Sonic 2 - 0:10, 1
Geometry Wars - 0:07, 1 (rental)
Check Mii Out - 0:06, 1
Wii Speak - 0:04, 1

[quote name='botticus']
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - 77:14, 22
[/QUOTE]

Wow, is the game good? Or, is it because it's one of those grinders? I haven't played any of the Fire Emblem games before.

Here's my top 5 as posted in another thread:

• Smash Bros Brawl
    • 362 hours, 52 minutes
    • 159 times
  • Animal Crossing: City Folk
    • 158 hours, 19 minutes
    • 55 times
  • Rockband 2 (I have a feeling my roommates left my Wii on here)
    • 100 hours, 10 minutes
    • 17 times
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    • 79 hours, 29 minutes
    • 41 times
  • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    • 66 hours, 36 minutes
    • 16 times

As far as Fire Emblem goes, it's a lengthy game mostly due to its SRPG nature.

I know I mentioned this in one of the other threads, but I'm being told that I've put 114 hours into Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. It's just so addictive and has 3 difficulty levels, so there's lots to come back to. Also, reviewers seem to think that the graphics, music and presentation are identical to FE: Path of Radiance. Let me say that this could not be farther from the truth! The graphics are improved, the musical score is much more dramatic, and the presentation is much slicker than its predecessor. Yes, it's a bit hard, but I had never played a FE game before and I took to it almost immediately. I would pay a surprising amount for a second FE on Wii.

*This message has been brought to you by the Friends of Fire Emblem Association.

Somehow I fucking "played" the Internet Channel for 200 hours. I can't believe that. I mean, there was a point where my computer was down for a month or so, so I used the wii to browse the internets while I was at home but still... Now I assume that 190 hours of that was me jerking off.

I'm also interested to know that I beat Okami in 10 sittings.

I'm afraid to look at my gameplay records for fear that my Wii Fit time will not be what it ought to be. I do like Wii Fit, actually, but it is exercise, and well, I tend to avoid that type of thing a lot of the time. :)

[quote name='parKer']Wow, is the game good? Or, is it because it's one of those grinders? I haven't played any of the Fire Emblem games before.[/QUOTE]
I love the console Fire Emblems (have to make that differentiation as for whatever reason I have a terrible time getting into the portable titles), but that's only one playthrough on Easy. I think my clock time in the game was some 45 hours, give or take, but I'm one of the OCD people who restarts a map whenever one of my units dies (permadeath), so there's a bit of time added on.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Looking at my gameplay records made me realize how far the Wii is left in the dust of how much time I spend playing my DS over it.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, although it would be PSP instead of DS for me. Also to keep in mind is that very rarely do I have anybody interested in playing multiplayer games with me, so the vast majority of my time spent is solo play. The high length of time for Mario Kart 64 and Brawl suggests to me that time spent is multiplied by how many people are playing, as I can't imagine Mario Kart and Brawl were played for that long.

• Wii Sports
    • 207 Hours
    • 318 Times
  • Super Mario Galaxy
    • 68 Hours, 37 Minutes
    • 48 Times
  • Mario Kart 64
    • 45 Hours, 34 Minutes
    • 35 Times
  • Super Smash Bros Brawl
    • 33 Hours, 51 Minutes
    • 20 Times
  • News Channel (don't laugh!)
    • 33 Hours, 12 Minutes
    • 113 Times
  • Mario Kart Wii
    • 24 Hours, 22 Minutes
    • 21 Times
  • Madden NFL 09 All Play
    • 16 Hours, 52 Minutes
    • 18 Times
  • Super Mario RPG
    • 16 Hours, 21 Minutes
    • 22 Times

I've got a bunch under 10 hours (15+) as well. Hopefully this thread doesn't turn into a bashing thread due to games people haven't played. :bouncy:

[quote name='Ryukahn']
I've got a bunch under 10 hours (15+) as well. Hopefully this thread doesn't turn into a bashing thread due to games people haven't played. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]I'll ensure ridicule is only directed at people based on the games they have played.

[quote name='Ryukahn']

• News Channel (don't laugh!)
    • 33 Hours, 12 Minutes
    • 113 Times
[/QUOTE]:lol:

[quote name='Ryukahn']Clearly you just don't understand the tremendous gameplay found in the News Channel! :cool:[/QUOTE]
I will accept that spinning the globe can be extremely addictive.

I owned a Wii since day 1. How come my Day 1 games are not listed? It starts about a year after. The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 corruption- all games I owned since day 1, are not on the list.

[quote name='parKer']Wow, is the game good? Or, is it because it's one of those grinders? I haven't played any of the Fire Emblem games before.[/QUOTE]
If you do decide to play this game - something that I heartily recommend - I must warn you to play the GameCube predecessor, Path of Radiance, before Radiant Dawn. Trust me.

[quote name='The Crotch']If you do decide to play this game - something that I heartily recommend - I must warn you to play the GameCube predecessor, Path of Radiance, before Radiant Dawn. Trust me.[/QUOTE]

I didn't. I kept an open mind and did my best to follow the endless introduction of characters and did just fine. I don't think it's necessary. Not trying to pick a fight with The Crotch, just had to respond to that.

The story makes sense without it, sure. However, beyond the story - which really is improved by knowledge of its predecessor - there is the matter of difficulty. Radiant Dawn is significantly harder than the other Fire Emblems that I have played, and getting your bearings with Path of Radiance can save a lot of frustration.

Wii Sports - about 90 hours
Wii Sports Resort - about 70 hours
Rock Band 2 - about 65 hours
SSB Brawl - about 50 hours

RE4 doesn't show, but it's up there.

MP3 has 7 minutes, 2 times: I had two copies, tested to see if they worked, then sold both in preparation for MP Trilogy.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I owned a Wii since day 1. How come my Day 1 games are not listed? It starts about a year after. The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 corruption- all games I owned since day 1, are not on the list.[/QUOTE]

I'm having the same problem.

bread's done
Back