Nintendo Club Members get 500 Wii shop points for free (ymmv?)

lobito72

CAGiversary!
I checked my email today and had letter from Nintendo telling me to claim my FREE 500 Wii shop points before 3/31/10. When I got home I did it on my Wii and already downloaded a free Wii ware game...for FREE :bouncy:

I can not verify if this is for every Nintendo Club member. So check your email, you probably were going to do it anyway this week.

I got an email from Nintendo but instead of 500 points, it said I could download the original Super Mario Bros. for free.

Are you guys pretty active Club members? I haven't updated my Club account in a while. Anyway, it would be nice to get some free points or a free game, but I won't hold my breath.

I didn't get anything. I don't know why I haven't received an email yet; I fit all the criteria to get one. I'm a gold member in Nintendo Club nearing plat status for ref.

It came from [email protected]. I am not really active on Club Nintendo, I think I got this cause I have bought quite a few games from the Wii Shop Channel over the first few years but haven't bought anything in the last 8 - 10 months. Trying to entice me to go back on there.

Howz about enticing the people who have 50 games registered? geez!!! no luck on this or the free shit from Xbox Live. ?Guess I'm not loyal enough

Damn, I still haven't gotten one of these. I always update my club account too, and I download games every now and then.

I actually got two emails from them. The first email I got a download ticket for super mario bros. and then two days later I got another email with 500 wii points. Also I am not active at all with club nintendo I havent played my wii in a few months until I got this email.

Is this the credit for people who bought the web browser? (or something like that) I vaguely remember something was happening that they were giving a credit to people...

You might have to have a Wii registered to get this. I've registered a few wii game codes in the past but not a console (nor will I ever have one).

I'm an active club member, currently at Platinum for this year and had platinum last year. No E-mail/points for me.

also: way to go, NoA, on new offerings to the points catalog being all the same thing instead of a nice variety. Greeting Cards or folders w/bookmarks??? I thought they'd actually manufacture & sell unique items like the Zelda Feather Stylus, not offer things that are worth $1 @ wal-mart.

I got the email and I sold my Wii 2 years. It was probably for members how haven't purchased anything in a while. Targeting them to comeback. I already gave away my code.

"Have you been to the Wii Shop Channel lately? We'd like to invite you to come back and browse the Wii™ console's huge library of over 500 great downloadable games, accessible only via broadband Internet access. So please enjoy this special promotional gift, a download of Super Mario Bros., redeemable in the Wii Shop Channel."

Looks like it is targeted at people who bought games in the past but haven't purchased any recently. Nothing to do with Club Nintendo. I do have my Wii registered as well.

[quote name='sobjw']I got an email from Nintendo but instead of 500 points, it said I could download the original Super Mario Bros. for free.[/QUOTE]

Got the same thing, but the next day they said "oops sorry about that" and also sent an email with 500 points. The first one was some odd, free mistake.

I'm not that active on Club Nintendo since I don't buy many 1st party games these days. I haven't bought anything on the wii VC for over a year, so maybe it was a "Come back and spend!" promo

[quote name='KongaKing']Got the same thing, but the next day they said "oops sorry about that" and also sent an email with 500 points. The first one was some odd, free mistake.

I'm not that active on Club Nintendo since I don't buy many 1st party games these days. I haven't bought anything on the wii VC for over a year, so maybe it was a "Come back and spend!" promo[/QUOTE]

I got an email giving me a code for Super Mario Bros. and then a few days later got an identical one that said to disregard the first code they sent. No 500 points was mentioned although maybe you already bought Mario Bros. so they just gave you the points instead?

I got the email for the free copy of Super Mario Bros. and I've never purchased anything from the store before. I do have a Wii console and some games registered on the site. I already had the free copy of the web browser because I bought mine the month the Wii came out. I used my free code yesterday and it downloaded fine.

[quote name='derkduck']I actually got two emails from them. The first email I got a download ticket for super mario bros. and then two days later I got another email with 500 wii points. Also I am not active at all with club nintendo I havent played my wii in a few months until I got this email.[/QUOTE]

ditto i got 2 emails one with game one with 500 points

[quote name='garethcs']I got the email for the free copy of Super Mario Bros. and I've never purchased anything from the store before. I do have a Wii console and some games registered on the site. I already had the free copy of the web browser because I bought mine the month the Wii came out. I used my free code yesterday and it downloaded fine.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I have my Wii registered, I've purchased WiiWare, and I'm a platinum member for Club Nintendo. I'm considering sending NoA an e-mail.

:Commence fucking and whining:

Yes, I realize my fucking and whining is annoying, but it irritates me that Nintendo doesn't treat more of its loyal customers to free gifts. I probably wouldn't be so upset if there were some decent rewards to redeem.

:End fucking and whining:

[quote name='sobjw']I got an email giving me a code for Super Mario Bros. and then a few days later got an identical one that said to disregard the first code they sent. No 500 points was mentioned although maybe you already bought Mario Bros. so they just gave you the points instead?[/QUOTE]

The 2nd email had this in it also:
"
Attention: Please disregard the 16 digit number contained in our first email and use the replacement number below to successfully retrieve your promotional digital gift. We apologize for any inconvenience"

And you had to enter this new code just as if it were a wii points card, and not under the weird special/ticket section.

Man, I never get these emails. I already have Super Mario (That could be the reason I didn't get that code) and have made a few other purchases on VC but not anything lately. These emails just seem really random.

Edit: It appears that I never linked my Wiishop to my Club Nintendo account. This might be why I never received anything. Wait I'm wrong I did have my accounts linked.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a code for Mario, too. If anyone wants it, PM me.

EDIT: Code long gone. Enjoy, UberSwiss.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iowaholdem']I got a code for Mario, too. If anyone wants it, PM me.[/QUOTE]

I PMed you if you still have it. If not, oh well

T5F-D7PS-Y98Z-2WV Super Paper Mario Wii
83S-3VTT-3MNY-5YC Mario Party Wii
4QG-NNWZ-UKTB-897 New Super Mario Bros Wii
JMR-M9MZ-UK6E-BZA Game Party Wii?

Heres a few codes I never used for club Nintendo. I may have the titles mixed up because I just had the inserts sitting here. Feel free to add the points to your account. First come first serve. Didnt fell like making a new thread for these. Was about to toss them and I figured someone should get some use.

[quote name='nateeasy29']T5F-D7PS-Y98Z-2WV Super Paper Mario Wii
83S-3VTT-3MNY-5YC Mario Party Wii
4QG-NNWZ-UKTB-897 New Super Mario Bros Wii
JMR-M9MZ-UK6E-BZA Game Party Wii?

Heres a few codes I never used for club Nintendo. I may have the titles mixed up because I just had the inserts sitting here. Feel free to add the points to your account. First come first serve. Didnt fell like making a new thread for these. Was about to toss them and I figured someone should get some use.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the awesome gesture, but it seems someone (or multiple people) grabbed them already. :cry:

the code i got is worth 500 wii points but if you try to redeem it there's an error message, but if you redeem it as a gift it downloads SMB for you instead. not sure why I got it, but I assume since I've purchased a few games on the wii network in the last 12 months it might have triggered the reward.

[quote name='sobjw']I got an email from Nintendo but instead of 500 points, it said I could download the original Super Mario Bros. for free.[/QUOTE]

Same Here

Haven't gotten anything, but I did log on to Club Nintendo today. Turns out I had a survey worth 30 coins that expired on the 31st that I didn't fill out. Would be great to get those points or Super Mario Bros., but then again I think 4 versions of Super Mario Bros. is enough...

[quote name='sobjw']I got an email giving me a code for Super Mario Bros. and then a few days later got an identical one that said to disregard the first code they sent. No 500 points was mentioned although maybe you already bought Mario Bros. so they just gave you the points instead?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I've had Super Mario Bros for over a month and was sent a code for SMB, instead of 500 points. :cry:

I got this as well..

I just registered for club nintendo around January and registered a bunch of games.

I hadn't played my wii (or connected to the internet on it) for about 8 months...but I will definitely be looking for a good vc game.

[quote name='Ryukahn']I have not received anything and I am pretty active with Club Nintendo, and register my games pretty frequently.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Weird.

[quote name='UberSwiss']Interesting. I have my Wii registered, I've purchased WiiWare, and I'm a platinum member for Club Nintendo. I'm considering sending NoA an e-mail.

:Commence fucking and whining:

Yes, I realize my fucking and whining is annoying, but it irritates me that Nintendo doesn't treat more of its loyal customers to free gifts. I probably wouldn't be so upset if there were some decent rewards to redeem.

:End fucking and whining:[/QUOTE]

You know, the more I think about it the more it really irks me. Too bad I already bought all of the NES/SNES Mario games on Wii. I guess since I use my Wii I shouldn't get any incentive to use it more. Thanks Nintendo.

[quote name='derkduck']I actually got two emails from them. The first email I got a download ticket for super mario bros. and then two days later I got another email with 500 wii points. Also I am not active at all with club nintendo I havent played my wii in a few months until I got this email.[/QUOTE]
Me too. they said the first one wouldnt work but it did lol.

same here, too bad I'm outta town

Is anyone who has already downloaded SMB and got the code and won't be using it feeling generous and wanna send it to me in a PM? You'd be the greatest person ever. :D

bread's done
Back