Nintendo doing better by devs with WiiWare than MS or Sony?

just gossip at this point really. I think we will eventually see what the outcome is, but I am unsure if Nintendo can pull this aspect off. If they can then their online service will have at least one thing going for it. I am looking forward to trying it out, the size and storage issue is still at hand though, unless I missed something about an a external drive.

True enough. I think the key is more in the royalty percentage vs. the development costs. Though, the DCs are of course a key.

Just because its cheaper for devs does not mean its gonna produce higher quality games.

In the end thats what we all want...........right...........right......................RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT?

[quote name='Snake2715']Inu,

Thats not what the article is even about. The point is if you get more devs, then the games will come.[/quote]

Yeah but it seems like a moot point.

Just because its cheaper and has more devs does not mean that it is better.

I think Steam outclasses all of them because they dont even charge for anything on their service.

[quote name='InuFaye']Yeah but it seems like a moot point.

Just because its cheaper and has more devs does not mean that it is better.

I think Steam outclasses all of them because they dont even charge for anything on their service.[/quote]

but that's like comparing apples to oranges because one develops for the PC while the others develop for consoles....two different mediums.

[quote name='InuFaye']Just because its cheaper and has more devs does not mean that it is better.[/quote]No, but that's not the point. The point is that the more profitable nature of WiiWare will attract not only more devs but better devs. Why waste time making 50 cents on XBLA when you can do your main idea, cheaper and make more money per sale, on the Wii?

I think graphic fidelity and audio quality are the moot points here. My favorite XBLA titles could've (or have been) done on the DS, let alone the Wii.

Mainly because they have about 512mb of internal storage to work with.

Its the limitations of the service that is gonna stop it.

[quote name='InuFaye']Mainly because they have about 512mb of internal storage to work with.

Its the limitations of the service that is gonna stop it.[/quote]While I agree the limits on the Wii need to be addressed (USB HDD plz, thanks. You can keep the fridge), how does this affect the system right now? For a long while, XBLA were all under 50 MB.

Nevermind that the graphical handicap helps the Wii in this regard. I have a feeling that SF2HD could easily be on the Wii with the 1080 stuff scaled down to 480.

[quote name='daroga']While I agree the limits on the Wii need to be addressed (USB HDD plz, thanks. You can keep the fridge), how does this affect the system right now? For a long while, XBLA were all under 50 MB.

Nevermind that the graphical handicap helps the Wii in this regard. I have a feeling that SF2HD could easily be on the Wii with the 1080 stuff scaled down to 480.[/quote]

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of SFIIHD. You could just play the version on the VC.

[quote name='InuFaye']Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of SFIIHD. You could just play the version on the VC.[/quote]
Don't be obstinate.

I am not being obstinate. I am just saying the purpose of SF2HD is to remake the game in HD.
Why would you want an HD remake in SD?

lol @ the we dont want crappy remakes on wiiware.
Tetris, Dr.Mario, and Bomberman say hello.

You can replace his example of a game whose only selling point is to be in HD with any other game that can be downscaled to 480p.

[quote name='InuFaye']Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of SFIIHD. You could just play the version on the VC.[/quote]Hand-drawn sprites, my friend. Hand-drawn. They look gorgeous in HD, but they'd look very nice on the Wii and certainly far better than mid-90s pixel-drawn sprites.

But as botticus stated, you're being a tad difficult. The purpose of the thread is more overarching to the philosophy and principles behind the download-delivery systems.

I do hope that the WiiWare service will be more quality over quantity like the PSN is vs. the XBLA, but I'm guessing that won't happen.

It seems like Ninty have the right attitude when it comes to courting devs to devolpment stuff for Wiiware, but I can't help but think that Wiiware won't be as profitable as XBLA or PSN Store because the people Ninty has targeted to sell Wiis to just aren't going to be that interested in downloading games.

The Wii target demographic has little interest in downloading independant games IMO. Plus the fact the storing of the games will surely be an issue with no HD in sight and judging from the prices on the VC Nintendo may price things too high. They surely won't want the VC games to look anymore expensive then they already are.

It's nintendo, it can't be good.

End of arguement.

Short Sentence.
/Inufaye

[quote name='benjamouth']It seems like Ninty have the right attitude when it comes to courting devs to devolpment stuff for Wiiware, but I can't help but think that Wiiware won't be as profitable as XBLA or PSN Store because the people Ninty has targeted to sell Wiis to just aren't going to be that interested in downloading games.

The Wii target demographic has little interest in downloading independant games IMO. Plus the fact the storing of the games will surely be an issue with no HD in sight and judging from the prices on the VC Nintendo may price things too high. They surely won't want the VC games to look anymore expensive then they already are.[/QUOTE]

See I would contradict you there, Its the least expensive system, and these people are likely to play bejeweled flash type games already, if they can get them for cheap on the Wii, I think they will.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']LOL@wii defense force.[/quote]

It has to be unreasonable to be a defense force. You can't just throw the term around or you'll look like an idiot.

[quote name='SpazX']It has to be unreasonable to be a defense force. You can't just throw the term around or you'll look like an idiot.[/quote]

Yep yep, don't worry I got it, high five Nick Lachey.

[quote name='jer7583']It's nintendo, it can't be good.

End of arguement.

Short Sentence.
/Inufaye[/QUOTE]
It's Sony, it can't be good. End of arguement. You're an ass if you think otherwise.
/jer

Anyway, I don't really care much about the subject. But I'm hoping Nintendo plans to have demos for these games. Not counting obvious buys like SotN and Rez, every XBLA game I've purchased is because of a demo.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Anyway, I don't really care much about the subject. But I'm hoping Nintendo plans to have demos for these games. Not counting obvious buys like SotN and Rez, every XBLA game I've purchased is because of a demo.[/quote]From the sounds of it, like the PSN, it's going to be up to the developers. Nintendo's not going to require it.

bread's done
Back