Nintendo DS compatible Wireless Router for $40 or less?

hinkbert

CAGiversary!
I have been pulling my hair out trying to locate a wireless router that I can use for the DS that is around $40 or less. I know about the USB adapter one that Nintendo sells, but I want to try to get a router so I can use it for other things too.

Anyway I'm trying to use the compatibility list that Nintendo provides but the whole "this version works great and this one doesn't" confuses the hell out of me. So can anyone help me? I'd like to find one in-store, but on-line is ok too if there is no other option.

At my Best Buy we have something called the WiFi Max... made by Datel.
Pretty much another "dongle" but it's for all wifi items, not just the DS. I picked one up since we were out of the Nintendo Dongles at the time and ran the set up. took only a few minutes and I can get online with a DS or PSP or both at the same time. Haven't tried any laptops yet, but I would assume it'll work just as well. I think it was only $39.99. We had it with our PSP and DS accessories, so you can try checking there.

Again, it's the WiFi Max by Datel.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']I have this router I could sell you... http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...00050022&type=product&cmp=++&id=1051384663529

Its about a month old, I sold my ds so I no longer use it. If youre interested shoot me an offer for it. For around 40 thatd be what id sell it for.[/QUOTE]

Seriously this is like the best router known to man. All versions (except for the most recent firmware) had hackable firmware that you could change to support various features that only the most expensive wireless routers could handle. You can also adjust the gain on the antennas to boost your speed and range up to 300%! I have seen this router quite often for $40 after rebate and bought mine in November. I highly recommend it, it even has its own fan website at www.wrt54g.net

[quote name='eldad9']It's a shame Nintendo couldn't implement proper wi-fi support - otherwise *all* wireless routers would be compatible.[/quote]

What did they do differently? Will this impact Revolution also? I'm assuming DS and Rev will use the same setup, but if there's any doubt maybe wait til Rev specs are announced.

Dane.

I wish I knew.

I write wireless software for a living - and I can't figure out how to make my DS go online. My laptop, sure, but not the DS.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Seriously this is like the best router known to man. All versions (except for the most recent firmware) had hackable firmware that you could change to support various features that only the most expensive wireless routers could handle. You can also adjust the gain on the antennas to boost your speed and range up to 300%! I have seen this router quite often for $40 after rebate and bought mine in November. I highly recommend it, it even has its own fan website at www.wrt54g.net[/quote]

Man, I had no idea... I wish I got one of those instead of my D-Link DI-624. :/

bread's done
Back