Nintendo DS Limited Edition Pokemon Pack $130 shipped at Amazon (MSRP)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-DS-Limited-Pokemon-Pack/dp/B001CD3KSI/

I have no idea if this is:

• of interest to anyone
  • really a limited edition

but it was #1 on Amazon's movers and shakers list, so I'd figured i'd post it.

It comes with:

• Limited Edition Onyx Nintendo DS Lite with silkscreen of Dialgo & Palkia from Pokémon Diamond & Pearl
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness special animated episode DVD
  • Pokémon Dialgo & Palkia Carrying Case
  • Collectible mini-poster featuring Grovyle from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness

Crap! I didn't think Amazon would get more in, and bought mine from CC on Thursday. I could have saved $30 in tax and the BML promotion. Crap crap crap!

[quote name='yamas']Dammit I don't have enough money for this. Gold DS it is for me[/quote]

I tried getting my hands on one of those. Never worked out cause they're too expensive now.

Might get one, but is there any truth to the matter about yellow screens or was it some flamer with some theory that special editions = bad batches?

Received mine from Gamestop.com today (since Amazon and Circuit City were both out for some reason) and.. guess what!

It has a cracked upper screen! Hoorah! Called Gamestop's customer service and, surprisingly, they are sending a return label... VIA EMAIL!!! So I'll send it on back for a new system. I don't mind, since I have a DS Lite, but this one does look pretty bad ass since they aren't your "cutsie" Pokemon characters.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']My Amazon order shipped Friday which is great because I will be home all week to wait for it :lol:. Anyway I was wondering how many episodes does the DVD of pokemon come with? I want to use it more of a torture device now :lol:.

I wish I could of got that shirt with the GS preorder though that shits nice.[/quote]

Sadly the mystery dungeon DVD only has one episode like the last mystery dungeon special which aired on cartoon network and was given with the meystery dungeon red and blue at wallmart I think too bad I had already bought the game elsewhere and opened it up... :cry:

Also the new mystery dungeon time & darkness special airs on cartoon network on a labour day special at 7:30pm or around that if anyone interested..

Trading in my gbasp for this dslite sounds tempting, but I have a few GB games I play every so often..

Just an aside about this DS. Yes, it's very sexy but opening the box is a fucking nightmare. It is glued shut and as far as I can tell, it's impossible to get the DS out without damaging the box pretty severly. I'm happy with my purchase (no dead pixels, bright white screen) but as someone who keeps hardware boxes, tearing up the packaging was a bummer.

[quote name='simpleblur']Might get one, but is there any truth to the matter about yellow screens or was it some flamer with some theory that special editions = bad batches?[/QUOTE]
My Zelda DS wound up having a wack screen. Slight yellow tint. If you call Nintendo support, they try to tell you it's normal and no one screen is a like. But if you press a second time, they'll offer you the opportunity to repair it.

[quote name='Halo05']Just an aside about this DS. Yes, it's very sexy but opening the box is a fucking nightmare. It is glued shut and as far as I can tell, it's impossible to get the DS out without damaging the box pretty severly. I'm happy with my purchase (no dead pixels, bright white screen) but as someone who keeps hardware boxes, tearing up the packaging was a bummer.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more. It took me forever to get the system out. They glued everything and I was trying to not rip up and tear the top panel on the box. I used a knife to cut through the glue but it still looks pretty bad in the end.

Yeah I had the same problem with my zelda DS. From what I've heard though, a box cutter/razor is the way to go. And make precise cuts.

That sucks about the box. Now that some of you guys have opened yours, do you have any suggestions on what I could do when I open mine to keep the box from being damaged?

Mine should be here tomorrow.....

hahaha! i thot i was a retard for not knowing how to open that freakin box! im glad im not alone! yeah, i usually keep all my treasured "boxes" immaculate so it really felt so wrong when i was trying to rip that package open... lol

i followed someone's instructions for opening the box when i got the crimson/black brain age 2 ds bundle. i don't think the search function can find it anymore. basically stand the box up so it's facing you, take an exacto knife and cut the back edge of the top face. then your box opens up cleanly and nicely.

Here, I made a nice picture:

IMG_1471.jpg

While I'm taking pictures, here is the Nintendo handheld wall of awesomeness (FF3 DS and FF4 Micro not pictured):

IMG_1475.jpg

^ Wow, nice collection.Thanks for posting that by the way. I just opened mine and still managed to crease the top flap some, even using a razor. They sure put some really strong glue on these things. I'm pretty happy with this LE though, it looks great. This carrying case isn't quite as nice as I thought it might be, but the system itself is awesome. Amazing deal for the same price as a standard DS Lite nonetheless.

Ah, thanks for the tip about opening the box. I completely mutilated my first one (with the cracked screen), so when I get my replacement, I hope I don't have to destroy that box too...

I traded in my old DS at gamestop with a $30 coupon, so I picked this up for $43 after tax. Awesome system, and I'll need it for the awesome DS games coming out in September (Kirby Superstar, Disgaea).

bread's done
Back