Nintendo DS on sale NOW!

mario23air

CAGiversary!
I was just at BB in Evanston, IL and they had the DS and launch games ( Mario 64, Urbz, Madden, and Spider Man) for sale. I picked up Mario 64 ($24 after GGC). I didn't get the DS because I have one reserved at EBgames, I'll call them tomorrow to see if they're selling early too.

Update: I went back to BB this morning and picked up a DS. I figure why wait until Sunday. They still had about 6 left, Mario 64 seemed to be in short supply.

[quote name='mario23air']I was just at BB in Evanston, IL and they had the DS and launch games ( Mario 64, Urbz, Madden, and Spider Man) for sale. I picked up Mario 64 ($24 after GGC). I didn't get the DS because I have one reserved at EBgames, I'll call them tomorrow to see if they're selling early too.[/quote]

If BB breaks street, call EB. If one store breaks street, others can.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='mario23air']I was just at BB in Evanston, IL and they had the DS and launch games ( Mario 64, Urbz, Madden, and Spider Man) for sale. I picked up Mario 64 ($24 after GGC). I didn't get the DS because I have one reserved at EBgames, I'll call them tomorrow to see if they're selling early too.[/quote]

If BB breaks street, call EB. If one store breaks street, others can.[/quote]
That's weird because don't stores get in trouble for breaking street dates??

[quote name='dnt_h8me2'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='mario23air']I was just at BB in Evanston, IL and they had the DS and launch games ( Mario 64, Urbz, Madden, and Spider Man) for sale. I picked up Mario 64 ($24 after GGC). I didn't get the DS because I have one reserved at EBgames, I'll call them tomorrow to see if they're selling early too.[/quote]

That's weird because don't stores get in trouble for breaking street dates??[/quote]

It is probably up to the company (Nintendo in this case) to decide what they want to do about it, if anything

they aren't supposed to break street date no matter what. they can get fined if someone turns them in.

yeah they have like a hotline for people to call and report stores breaking street dates.

It's the weekend... Friday and Saturday will fly by... leading to Sunday... I can wait 2 more days... it's already paid for at my EB, why would I want to pay 150 for another one so I can say 'I got mine a day early, losers wait til Sunday, I rawk, LOL'...

I have my damn DS preordered at a Gamerush more than 100 miles away from me in Ft. Worth. I only did it because I had so much credit there, but now I kinda regret it.

I won't be able to pick it up until Wednesday.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I have my damn DS preordered at a Gamerush more than 100 miles away from me in Ft. Worth. I only did it because I had so much credit there, but now I kinda regret it.

I won't be able to pick it up until Wednesday.[/quote]

Thank God for me living in the same general area as my EB... that'd be like me putting a deposit on a DS in Augusta, GA where my girlfriend lives... 100 miles? Damn...

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I have my damn DS preordered at a Gamerush more than 100 miles away from me in Ft. Worth. I only did it because I had so much credit there, but now I kinda regret it.

When is the official launch? Will they hold if for you that long?

Official launch is the 21st. BTW I called my Circuit City and Best Buy. Circuit City probably won't get theirs until after release date. The lady said they haven't even gotten any yet, so... Best Buy is getting theirs on the 21st. I'm outta luck. Oh well, I can wait.

[quote name='bignick'][quote name='Grave_Addiction']I have my damn DS preordered at a Gamerush more than 100 miles away from me in Ft. Worth. I only did it because I had so much credit there, but now I kinda regret it.

When is the official launch? Will they hold if for you that long?[/quote]

Called EB. They told me that I can come first thing Sunday morning and get it.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='mario23air']I was just at BB in Evanston, IL and they had the DS and launch games ( Mario 64, Urbz, Madden, and Spider Man) for sale. I picked up Mario 64 ($24 after GGC). I didn't get the DS because I have one reserved at EBgames, I'll call them tomorrow to see if they're selling early too.[/quote]

LMAO. 2 wrongs dont make a right. Its just funny to me because when it came to Halo 2 they really tried to stress the street date. One of the wrong answers was if one company breaks street its ok for your company to do it. Under no circumstances is it ok to break street date. There is a number to call if someone breaks the street date but alot of times people wont do it because they are happy to get products early.

[quote name='Weedy649'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='mario23air']I was just at BB in Evanston, IL and they had the DS and launch games ( Mario 64, Urbz, Madden, and Spider Man) for sale. I picked up Mario 64 ($24 after GGC). I didn't get the DS because I have one reserved at EBgames, I'll call them tomorrow to see if they're selling early too.[/quote]

LMAO. 2 wrongs dont make a right. Its just funny to me because when it came to Halo 2 they really tried to stress the street date. One of the wrong answers was if one company breaks street its ok for your company to do it. Under no circumstances is it ok to break street date. There is a number to call if someone breaks the street date but alot of times people wont do it because they are happy to get products early.[/quote]

Street dates have applied to nothing for me... sometimes sooner than later is good... if this was say a broken street date 2 months before it was to come out, it'd be one thing... but's it's just 2 days early... hardly anything to get excited about and rush out for...

Oh yes, that's really how it works.

Go around killer people then tell the judge "Well one person did it, everyone else can too".

I called EB and the guy I talked to said no way will they break the street date. That's why BB has my DS money.

I went to the BEst Buy to pick one up and they pulled them from the self stating that they will not be available until Sunday. I did not make it there in time to grab one. I'll have to try Sunday

[quote name='David85'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='mario23air']I was just at BB in Evanston, IL and they had the DS and launch games ( Mario 64, Urbz, Madden, and Spider Man) for sale. I picked up Mario 64 ($24 after GGC). I didn't get the DS because I have one reserved at EBgames, I'll call them tomorrow to see if they're selling early too.[/quote]

Oh yes, that's really how it works.

Go around killer people then tell the judge "Well one person did it, everyone else can too".[/quote]

pretty sure theres a difference in buying a game 2 days early and murdering people...

bread's done
Back