Nintendo DS only $99.99 after trade in deal at EB Games!

deathadder

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I did not see this posted so I thought I would inform everyone. I saw this on EB Games website, but this deal is only available in stores.

Special offer available only in stores: Nintendo DS only $99.99 when you trade in either a working GBA SP system and two GBA games or a working GBA system and four GBA games.

[quote name='Scorch']That's highway robbery.[/quote]\

Yes but $50 off for a gba plus 4 crap games isn't to terrible. Assuming of course you want a DS.

What do you all seriously consider this EB offer? Good or bad?

If I were to jump on this, obviously I would be trading in my indigo GBA that I got at the 2001 launch (not my glacier GBA or god-forbid my limited edition DKC SP) with 4 games. Maybe EB will let me trade in all 3 copies of Virtua Tennis (all $1 at TRU). I also got 1 copy each of NHL 2002 ($3), Space Invaders ($4) during the TRU 90% off sale... I have an extra Advance Wars 2 ($10 at BB) and Konami Classics ($5 at EB) from last year.

I own a SP and 2 old GBAs... having 3 GBAs come in handy for Zelda 4-Swords multiplayer parties but that type of gathering only happens once in a blue moon... I have all this EB credit stored up from the TRU/EB swap but then again I question if it's really worth it to give up all that stuff up essentially for a $50 discount on the DS.

Plus, Nintendo is bound to announce something at E3. Either a price drop, new color or better bundle then the current Metroid demo package. But I must admit I'm tempted.

Thoughts anyone?

I doubt they'd price drop the DS, especially with the PSP launching $100 more than the DS. I'd almost be willing to bet it'd be some sort of Mario bundle, probably Mario 64 DS, and a lineup of games.. but I doubt there'd be a price drop this early on..

I guess it depends on how much you got a GBA/SP for and what games you trade in.. I wonder if there's an exclusion list.

I'd do it if like you said you have an extra GBA (non sp of course) and 4 crappy games (assuming they'll take them).

I think it's worth 50$ off to trade in your indigo gba, virtua tennis, space invaders, NHL 2002, and konami. Especially since you said most of those are doubles.

If you sold the same set of items on eBay, as a package or not, you'd almost definitely make more than the $50 EB would give you.

Promotions like this remind me why I don't trade in my games...and why I don't understand why anyone else does.

The average selling price of a preowned GBA SP on Ebay is over $60. You'd be better off going that route and keeping the 2 games EB wants.

[quote name='Scorch']I doubt they'd price drop the DS, especially with the PSP launching $100 more than the DS. I'd almost be willing to bet it'd be some sort of Mario bundle, probably Mario 64 DS, and a lineup of games.. but I doubt there'd be a price drop this early on..

I guess it depends on how much you got a GBA/SP for and what games you trade in.. I wonder if there's an exclusion list.[/quote]

If the PSP starts selling like crazy, you better believe they'll drop the price.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']If you sold the same set of items on eBay, as a package or not, you'd almost definitely make more than the $50 EB would give you.

Promotions like this remind me why I don't trade in my games...and why I don't understand why anyone else does.[/quote]

trade ins are great when there are clear out v-game deals (like the recent, TRU 90% off).. i mean... you could literally turn 2 dollars into 20 dollars.. for the most part its a rip off.. but some people just buy one game then trade it iin for another and keep that cycle going.. and for the most part.. that means great games for us in PO territory..

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']If you sold the same set of items on eBay, as a package or not, you'd almost definitely make more than the $50 EB would give you.

Promotions like this remind me why I don't trade in my games...and why I don't understand why anyone else does.[/quote]

You trade the games that you got for free and are worth less than a buck on ebay. =)

Seems like an ok deal for the old style GBA granted you could trade in some cheap $1-$3 TRU GBA games.

NO WAY ON EARTH WILL I BE TRADING IN A SP. The SP is definitely the BEST handheld game system ever. As for being a true handheld it already beats the DS and the PSP.

In case anyone wants to tell me I'm wrong I am merely referring to portability (size) and battery life in which it beats the newer handheld systems hands down. THE SP IS A KEEPER.

I saw used DS(asses) last night ar EB. They had yellow stickers on them. I don't remember how much EB was selling them for.

could work for old systems that only go for like $25... and a few $1 TRu games

still ends up saving some but an SP is just out of the question

Should I do it?

I have a silver gameboy sp (bought used for $40 shipped on another forum) and 2 games onimusha tactics & lunar legend (got each for $7 shipped on ebay).

[quote name='sabin23']What do you all seriously consider this EB offer? Good or bad?

If I were to jump on this, obviously I would be trading in my indigo GBA that I got at the 2001 launch (not my glacier GBA or god-forbid my limited edition DKC SP) with 4 games. Maybe EB will let me trade in all 3 copies of Virtua Tennis (all $1 at TRU). I also got 1 copy each of NHL 2002 ($3), Space Invaders ($4) during the TRU 90% off sale... I have an extra Advance Wars 2 ($10 at BB) and Konami Classics ($5 at EB) from last year.

I own a SP and 2 old GBAs... having 3 GBAs come in handy for Zelda 4-Swords multiplayer parties but that type of gathering only happens once in a blue moon... I have all this EB credit stored up from the TRU/EB swap but then again I question if it's really worth it to give up all that stuff up essentially for a $50 discount on the DS.

Plus, Nintendo is bound to announce something at E3. Either a price drop, new color or better bundle then the current Metroid demo package. But I must admit I'm tempted.

Thoughts anyone?[/quote]

I've got the DKC SP, too! God I love it.

[quote name='postaboy']Should I do it?

I have a silver gameboy sp (bought used for $40 shipped on another forum) and 2 games onimusha tactics & lunar legend (got each for $7 shipped on ebay).[/quote]

NO, it's a bad deal if you trade in an SP and good games.

[quote name='sabin23']What do you all seriously consider this EB offer? Good or bad?

Thoughts anyone?[/quote]

DONT TRADE IN NHL!!!

that game will get you 20-30 on ebay by itself.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']I've got the DKC SP, too! God I love it.[/quote]

The what now? Can someone post a pic?

EDIT: Found one, kinda cool.

DKGBASPN1M5.JPG

I really don't see Nintendo dropping the price once the $250 PSP with $40+ games launch. DS sells for $30 and the average DS games costs $30. The only thing I can possibly see Nintendo doing is including a game with purchase of the DS (Mario or Metroid).

[quote name='gizmogc']I really don't see Nintendo dropping the price once the $250 PSP with $40+ games launch. DS sells for $30 and the average DS games costs $30. The only thing I can possibly see Nintendo doing is including a game with purchase of the DS (Mario or Metroid).[/quote]

I'd like to buy this $30 DS, please give details.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='AdamInPlaidum']I've got the DKC SP, too! God I love it.[/quote]

The what now? Can someone post a pic?

EDIT: Found one, kinda cool.

DKGBASPN1M5.JPG
[/quote]

thats not it, its green, theres 1 pic i found on google, but its on tripod...

[quote name='omegaweapon7']im keeping my SP + flashcard for life.[/quote]

Please explain... flashcard?
I'm assuming something to do with roms....

[quote name='fivecardstud']yeah... you dump GBA and NES roms on it and play them on your GBA. I have one (256MB) that fits several games at once. It's the greatest![/quote]

What's the best place to get one?

This would be perfect since GBA games (and portable games in general) are overpriced... especially those GBA NES classic titles... ridiculous.

Here's the DKC SP. The yellow and brown is the DKC2 SP, and I don't know what the hell that disgusting green and orange one was:

I love finally having a digital camera. :D

anyone that would do that is pretty stupid, unless of course as people said trading in the old GBA and really cheap and crappy GBA games.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']Here's the DKC SP. The yellow and brown is the DKC2 SP, and I don't know what the hell that disgusting green and orange one was:

I love finally having a digital camera. :D[/quote]

Yeah, that half green and half orange GBA SP is nasty... I've never seen the yellow and brown one though... was this a Japanese only GBA SP?

I got the same DKC GBA as you, AdamInPlaidum - lime green. It was a Target "exclusive" and great deal at the time (late 2003) for $99 because it came packaged with a free copy of Donkey Kong Country and free GBA SP headphones.

But I must admit I was dissapointed with the port of the DKC to GBA. It paled in comparison to the SNES version from 10-years earlier (although I hear Rare improved the quality for DKC2)... plus the control layout is all screwy for GBA. On the SNES version, I liked to play with the button layout vertically (using the B and Y buttons) but the GBA forced me to play horizontally (A+B).... the sucks. :(

What happened to your GBA SP, AdamInPlaidum? It's all scratched up... time to get a protective case for it!

EB pisses me off sometimes with their "upgrade" deals. They had the same kind of thing when the SP came out with you trading in a GBA and games toward it...what I dont get is why would you want to trade in the games when the system you are getting plays the games the system you are trading in does? Its not like you are doing a TOTAL upgrade like from N 64 to Gamecube or something. That was just always annoying to me.

[quote name='Scorch']It's this ugly POS right here.

greenorans.jpg
[/quote]

Wasn't that a Shrek themed SP that was a TRU exclusive? Ugly.

yeah trade in that light weight SP for a heavy DS that's bound to hurt your wrists after at least 10 minutes. All in all you may have spent at least $150 for a $50 trade in. Not cool.

Instead, I went to TRU this week, got the damn DS with the big Innovative starter case (throw out the screen protector. it royally sucks) and Mario 64 DS for $180. Almost like getting a free Mario 64 DS. Plus the box holds the SP.

...And I did it all for Wario Warez.

Electronic Boutique In-Store has both of these deals:

Trade in Either:

GBA and any 5 games or
GBA SP and any 3 games and get either:

A preowned DS for 69.99 or
A new DS for 99.99 (maybe 109.99, not sure since I got the preowned)

I was lucky and the lady that helped me let me see ALL of the PO'ed DS's they had, test out each one, and find the one that was in the best condition. The one I got looks and works like it's brand new, but I don't know if every staff will be willing to do this. Still, 5 crappy games and a GBA is not too shabby for an $80 discount.

I think they are just giving you $50 in store credit. I don't think you even have to buy a DS to get the $50 in credit (I am just speculating here). For me it would be a better deal to trade in a N64 and 6 N64 games for $50 credit, then buy the used or new DS.

It would cost me more to get 5 GBA games and a GBA to trade. If you already have an old GBA and some GBA games you are set. But, to go out and get these items for trade, would be more expensive. I have found N64s at Yard sales for $5 and $10, plus you can buy a pre-played N64 from EB for $18.

Well, I traded in a bunch of my brother's older GBA games and my old GBA (I have an SP too) where as I still use my N64 a good amount, so in my case, it was a better deal, especially since the DS plays GBA games.

bread's done
Back