Nintendo DS Rumble Pak $0.99 Gamestop B&M NEW

Definitely a great price for those that still have the original DS. For those that own the Lite, the fact that the Rumble Pak sticks out is a deal-breaker for me. When I still had the Lite, I imported a Rumble Pak from Japan to fit into mine. Still, the Rumble Pak is an easy pass either way, as very few games support it.

Don't sweat the "stick out" -- GBA games do it, the non-Lite Browser Memory Pack does too.

U don't really notice it at the end of the day -- if u use a zip-up DS carrier, the carriers still zip with a GBA game in the slot.

Darn. I just got done shopping and was going to run into Gamestop and was running low on time, so I decided to skip it since I never find anything anyway. I was running through the deals quick before I left and didn't get down to this post..... So, it looks like I will be heading back to the mall sometime soon :booty:

I don't know how good the rumble packs are, but I have a few games that can use it and would always like for the DS to rumble, so for a buck this is a great deal.

Thanks for the headsup!

[quote name='FOnewearl']For anyone that wants to check the store locator to see if any stores around them have any in stock

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=60732[/QUOTE]

Thanks, you just saved me a trip to the store :) Apparently Gamestop thinks I should drive over 90 miles to find one (I guess they think I don't have a life :roll: :lol:). Great deal, but not something I really need, so unless I am actually in the area will probably skip it. I will keep an eye at Gamestop though, just in case on sneaks in one of the closer stores to me.

Thanks again!

I don't like the stick-out GBA-sized rumble pack. I've had the lite-size in my DS for quite a while now. It's not as good as the 1st party version, but it's better than having just the jump pack in there (although it doesn't work with most games, it give a slight confirmation rumble every time you turn on your DS, I highly enjoy having that)

Cheap flush version from (where else?) Dealextreme.com for $2.86 shipped:

They also have White, Pink, and Baby Blue.

I guess this isn't a bad deal if you're actually IN Gamestop already, but it's really not even worth the trip. It's more of a light buzz than a rumble, and you can hear it better than you can feel it. It just sort of feels like your cell phone's going off. I mean, Nintendo did all they could... it's just that slot 2 wasn't really made to pass on a lot of power.

Exactly mkelehan, its a hack of sorts, but a neat trick for the price.
cagus.smile.jpg

ooohhh, I want one! Will definitely pick it up if I can find one for only .99c, too bad I think support for them ended a while ago, there are still a good list of good games that support it.

Here is a full list of games that work with it if anyone is wondering

[quote name='RockMySocks10']ooohhh, I want one! Will definitely pick it up if I can find one for only .99c, too bad I think support for them ended a while ago, there are still a good list of good games that support it.

[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I was wondering, thank you.

Unfortunately, I don't actually own any of those games, except for Metroid Pinball. But I did always wonder what else I could use it on.

[quote name='RockMySocks10']ooohhh, I want one! Will definitely pick it up if I can find one for only .99c, too bad I think support for them ended a while ago, there are still a good list of good games that support it.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the list. I have a few games that it would work on, I was thinking only Super Princess Peach had it (I got it the other day, so that is how I knew) There are a few others I'm interested in too, so it would be nice to have it for those as well.

I went to the Gamestop closest to me and they didn't have any stock. I will keep checking whenever I go in to see if they get one, but I'm thinking I may have missed the boat on this one.

Has anyone compare the 1st party against the 3rd party rumble packs. As cheap as they are, I am really tempted to order a few from DealExtreme -- my girl needs a replacement shell anyhow.

I may buy one of these just to get the 20% trade-in bonus (trade toward something new, and this is 99 cents of new).

Regarding 3rd party ones, at least in the past these only functioned with homebrew software that supported them, not official games. I.e. they were worthless. I defer to others to verify whether or not these current 3rd party ones actually work with the official games - maybe they do?

i was trading mine in with a few games and they were going to give me 0.25 trade credit for it.

needless to say, i kept it.

bread's done
Back