Nintendo DSi and DSi XL Out Now. "3DS" Showing at E3

[quote name='Cao Cao']The first DSi-only cart has been announced for Japan, Alpha Unit's Monster Finder

Basically, it's like Sony's recently announced PSP title "Invizimals", where you use the DSi's camera to look for monsters and capture them, then you can battle with them.[/QUOTE]

just makes me want Ghostwire to finally come out

Ok, so I finally got around to opening the DSi I got at launch yesterday :rofl:. Yeah, I know, but I barely play the DS unless travelling anyway. But there were a few factors:

1) I knew the free 1000 points would expire soon - I had it in my mind it was end of October, but now I see it is Oct 5th so I'm glad I finally got around to it.

2) My kids had been ignoring the DS entirely all year so for a while I saw no point opening another one. I had even gotten my 12 year-old daughter her own one last Christmas and she barely used it. But then for some reason they all (3 of them ages 6-12) started to get back into it the last few months. The boys share my original phat. In addition we have my Onyx DS lite - so 3 total in the house (1 phat, 2 lite). So with the boys fighting over it I thought maybe I'd move up to the DSi and give them my Onyx.

3) Well, it was just about fucking time and I thought that flipnote thing seemed kind of cool.

So, anyway, the kids got a hold of it and now, man, I am in a world of hurt :lol:. Of course, they all want a DSi now. My 6 year old was laughing hysterically at the sounds he recorded and the pictures he distorted. My daughter got right into flipnote studio and made a cool little movie in about 10 minutes. And my middle one said he wants one for Christmas. Cripes - sure, I have cheap credit, but I never thought I'd need to get three more of them :lol:.

Here's my dumb question of the day. I don't see this addressed in the OP of this thread or in the OP of the DSi shop thread (Strell: fail). I'm sure this is common knowledge and obvious to most of you but do you need to purchase DSiware games for each DSi that you have? I figure this being Nintendo that would obviously be the case. What made me think twice about it, though, was when I was setting it up, it said you could link multiple DSi's to one Club Nintendo account. I guess maybe that's just for convenience but I saw a shred of possibility that might mean your shop accounts are linked too, letting you download any purchase to all the devices linked to that account.

This would actually be a big selling point to me and make it much more palatable not only to buy 3 more DSi's but also to invest in more DSiware. While I don't see a lot of compelling DSiware right now (beyond the free Flipnotes Studio) that is sure to change. I'd feel pretty ripped off if I had to buy it for every DS when I already shelled out all the money for the systems themselves and would have them all linked to a single club account (so no multiple points there either). I guess the PS3 gamesharing model has me spoiled. In fact, if this is not the case I will probably hold off on the majority of DSiware because it would unfair for one person to have the game but not the others and I sure as hell ain't buying 4 copies of everything. But I fully expect the answer is "NO WAY, ARE YOU FREAKIN' SERIOUS?".

[quote name='io'] Here's my dumb question of the day. I don't see this addressed in the OP of this thread or in the OP of the DSi shop thread (Strell: fail). I'm sure this is common knowledge and obvious to most of you but do you need to purchase DSiware games for each DSi that you have? I figure this being Nintendo that would obviously be the case. What made me think twice about it, though, was when I was setting it up, it said you could link multiple DSi's to one Club Nintendo account. I guess maybe that's just for convenience but I saw a shred of possibility that might mean your shop accounts are linked too, letting you download any purchase to all the devices linked to that account.
[/QUOTE]

Not dumb, but you personal assumption is right. Nintendo has no license management model, so the game is for one and only one DSi. It is that odd restriction that may drive me to buy a "Homebrew" card at some point...

[quote name='Cao Cao']The first DSi-only cart has been announced for Japan, Alpha Unit's Monster Finder

Basically, it's like Sony's recently announced PSP title "Invizimals", where you use the DSi's camera to look for monsters and capture them, then you can battle with them.[/QUOTE]

That sounds amusing. No idea if the US is ready for a DSi-only game. What's the penetration rate of this thing anyway? I love mine, but that doesn't mean a world of folks are ready to trade up.

[quote name='utopianmachine']That sounds amusing. No idea if the US is ready for a DSi-only game. What's the penetration rate of this thing anyway? I love mine, but that doesn't mean a world of folks are ready to trade up.[/QUOTE]

Currently ~2 million vs ~37 million for the DS/DSL models.

[quote name='foltzie']Currently ~2 million vs ~37 million for the DS/DSL models.[/QUOTE]

Dern. That's pretty incredibly significant. I admit I bought two DS's, and have since sold both to eBay. My DSi I got from eBay. I love the thing, though. DSiWare was the icing on the cake that made me get one.

Of course, I must admit, that I'm the odd girl out on this one. Nintendo handhelds have always been my primary gaming system, so for me, upgrading was natural.

[quote name='utopianmachine']What's the penetration rate of this thing anyway? [/QUOTE]

That's what she said.

Literally.

[quote name='foltzie']Not dumb, but you personal assumption is right. Nintendo has no license management model, so the game is for one and only one DSi. It is that odd restriction that may drive me to buy a "Homebrew" card at some point...[/QUOTE]

Bah, of course...

Well, while I probably won't go the "homebrew" route, what it will mean is MANY MANY less DSiware purchases for me since I can't justify getting it for just one kid (or me) and not the others and I certainly can't justify buying 3 or 4 copies. So Nintendo loses yet again. To contrast, I just picked up a second PS3 (since I had a $75 system coupon at Amazon I had to use) and one of my main reasons is that I can gameshare titles like Fat Princess so we can play them together "online".

I'll probably still get a couple DSis because they like the camera/flipnotes stuff a lot. And maybe I'll get the occasional AAA DSiware title, but that's it.

With the recent release of the DSi-enhanced cart "The IdolM@ster: Dearly Stars" in Japan, NeoGAF confirms that the DSi's region lock extends to DSi-enhanced carts, which puts the future DSi-exclusive carts into question:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374424

IdolM@ster DS works fine in any DS Phat/Lite, but it isn't even detected in a US DSi.

[quote name='Cao Cao']IdolM@ster DS works fine in any DS Phat/Lite, but it isn't even detected in a US DSi.[/QUOTE]

While this doesn't impact me, as I never import games, I know plenty of folks here do. I'm really surprised Nintendo made this move, considering all the past handhelds were region-free.

[quote name='Cao Cao']With the recent release of the DSi-enhanced cart "The IdolM@ster: Dearly Stars" in Japan, NeoGAF confirms that the DSi's region lock extends to DSi-enhanced carts, which puts the future DSi-exclusive carts into question:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374424

IdolM@ster DS works fine in any DS Phat/Lite, but it isn't even detected in a US DSi.[/QUOTE]

Dear Nintendo, WTF?

[quote name='monstermog']White and Pink DSi = September 13th for America[/QUOTE]

I have to admit that when I had the DS Lite, I sold my original, launch, import white DS Lite and got a coral pink one from GameStop. The very next day, I felt so stupid about the purchase, I wished I could have taken it back.

Unless there is something wrong with your console, swapping for a different color is just a waste.

[quote name='Nohbdy']You're doing it wrong.

Also, Metallic Rose trumps Coral Pink.[/QUOTE]

Back then, Metallic Rose wasn't out yet. The only pink option was the coral.

Having a colored DS sucked for me. As I like to skin my electronics, very few things go with a pink DS. Which is why I have a black DSi now, with a pink/black plaid skin. :D

[quote name='io']Bah, of course...

Well, while I probably won't go the "homebrew" route, what it will mean is MANY MANY less DSiware purchases for me since I can't justify getting it for just one kid (or me) and not the others and I certainly can't justify buying 3 or 4 copies. So Nintendo loses yet again. To contrast, I just picked up a second PS3 (since I had a $75 system coupon at Amazon I had to use) and one of my main reasons is that I can gameshare titles like Fat Princess so we can play them together "online".

I'll probably still get a couple DSis because they like the camera/flipnotes stuff a lot. And maybe I'll get the occasional AAA DSiware title, but that's it.[/QUOTE]

This is the main reason I'm not getting a DSi. I know once I have one, my two boys will want their own, and while I wouldn't mind upgrading their original DSs to DSis I'm not buying the same game three times. Meanwhile, I upgraded my original iPhone to the iPhone 3Gs, so now my original iPhone is in use as a sort of iPod touch, and because they are both tied to my iTunes account any games I buy for myself I can put on the old one and let my kids play. That's the way it should work, Nintendo!

I'm considering buying a DSi shortly. Anyone know if they made any revisions between the original black/blue and the newer white/pink (similar to what they did with the DSL...brighter screen, etc.)? I prefer black, but might buy white if there's a technical reason to do so.

Kids are also the main reason I'm hesitant to go through w/ the purchase. Both of mine will want their DSLs upgraded, too. Luckily, my wife won't care if I don't upgrade her DSL. But the looming end to the DSiWare points promo, plus promising future DSIWare apps, is making it hard to not upgrade my own.

So it looks like I am going to buy a DSi via Dell to take advantage of sweet savings and get in before the free 1000 points is up. I have a few questions that seem best asked here instead of making another topic.

1. Do any retail stores sell the Hori Screen Protectors? If/when I order off dell, the shipment will arrive much faster than a shipment from amazon will, so I would be without screen protectors for quite awhile, which I do not want to do. If not, is there any online options with really fast shipping?

2. Do the screens come with plastic on them, and can I use them as a temporary solution while I wait on the Hori ones to arrive should a local chain not have any? Obviously I can't expect the plastic to have much if any effect on the stylus usage, mainly I just want them to stay on and protect the screens from dust and normal wear until the Hori arrives.

3. I read that songs can only be stored as AAC or whatever it is, is that true? I know I can use iTunes to convert the tracks, and I can also close the case and listen to the songs.

4. I'm assuming the DSi shop works just like the Wii shop as far as entering codes goes? I know they aren't tied, but I was looking at buying some cheap points from people that got in on the rockband promotion, and am wondering if entering them will work just fine.

5. Doubtful, but has there been any word on an upcoming Buy 2 get 1 free from either used at EB or new from like TRU or something.

I think that is it for now, but if I think of anything else I'll use this thread again.

[quote name='icedrake523']I'm starting to consider getting a DSi. Is it worth it if I just have a DS phat?[/QUOTE]

It's a huge improvement over the phat. Then again, so is the DS Lite (with the exception of the hinge....)

[quote name='Ryukahn']So it looks like I am going to buy a DSi via Dell to take advantage of sweet savings and get in before the free 1000 points is up. I have a few questions that seem best asked here instead of making another topic.

1. Do any retail stores sell the Hori Screen Protectors? If/when I order off dell, the shipment will arrive much faster than a shipment from amazon will, so I would be without screen protectors for quite awhile, which I do not want to do. If not, is there any online options with really fast shipping?

2. Do the screens come with plastic on them, and can I use them as a temporary solution while I wait on the Hori ones to arrive should a local chain not have any? Obviously I can't expect the plastic to have much if any effect on the stylus usage, mainly I just want them to stay on and protect the screens from dust and normal wear until the Hori arrives.

3. I read that songs can only be stored as AAC or whatever it is, is that true? I know I can use iTunes to convert the tracks, and I can also close the case and listen to the songs.

4. I'm assuming the DSi shop works just like the Wii shop as far as entering codes goes? I know they aren't tied, but I was looking at buying some cheap points from people that got in on the rockband promotion, and am wondering if entering them will work just fine.

5. Doubtful, but has there been any word on an upcoming Buy 2 get 1 free from either used at EB or new from like TRU or something.

I think that is it for now, but if I think of anything else I'll use this thread again.[/QUOTE]

1. I bought some Hori Screen Protectors from Target about a year ago (for the Lite of course).

2. No plastic comes with the DSi when you buy it.

3. The DSi can only play AAC's.

4. Codes from the Rock Band Promotion will work.

5. EB Games and Gamestop usually don't announce Buy 2 Get 1 free sales until the Thursday before the sale, as far as I know. They usually have one during Black Friday if you're willing to wait until then. I don't know about other stores.

I just want to say that the dpad on the DSi is better than both previous versions. I didn't realize just how poor the DSL's was until I played Chrono Trigger, being that most of my previous gaming had been done with stylus affairs (Professor Layton).

So if you really hate the dpad on your current DS, a DSi is the way to go. But I won't pretend that's enough to justify the whole price tag.

I'm wondering if a price drop will happen in November. But the thing is selling better than I thought it would so eh.

[quote name='icedrake523']I'm starting to consider getting a DSi. Is it worth it if I just have a DS phat?[/QUOTE]Yes yes and more yes.
I had no idea the level of detail in my fave games I was missing because of the poor screens of the Phat.
As if I was seeing them for the first time.

Thanks for the info Vince220. I think I'm just going to order the Hori screen protector from J&R since they are in state and shipping is cheap, I should get it around the same time. Gas would probably make a trip to Target cost the same if not more, and I wouldn't be guaranteed to find any.

Does anyone use the DSi Hori Screen protectors? The reviews I've read on Amazon seem to be really hit or miss as far as quality, so I'm wondering if maybe Amazon just sold a batch of fake ones or if the quality is just not as good as previous Hori screen protectors.

[quote name='dallow']Yes yes and more yes.
I had no idea the level of detail in my fave games I was missing because of the poor screens of the Phat.
As if I was seeing them for the first time.[/QUOTE]

Should I pick up it with the coupon from Dell for $145 (I believe that's what it'd come out to)? I did just order a screen protector and some styluses for my phat. Only $8 though so no big deal. I'd probably keep it at school in case it was stolen.

[quote name='icedrake523']Should I pick up it with the coupon from Dell for $145 (I believe that's what it'd come out to)? I did just order a screen protector and some styluses for my phat. Only $8 though so no big deal. I'd probably keep it at school in case it was stolen.[/QUOTE]

Dell also has 15% cash back via bing going on, though I am having issues confirming if I was credited with it. If I am, I'll be getting my DSi for ~$120 before tax.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Dell also has 15% cash back via bing going on, though I am having issues confirming if I was credited with it. If I am, I'll be getting my DSi for ~$120 before tax.[/QUOTE]That's w/ the 15% off Home Electronics coupon? Good luck, hope you get it. I decided not to try since Bing isn't supposed to stack w/ coupons.

I ended up using Bing and ordering the black DSi from Dell w/ the $20 off sale price instead of using the 15% coupon. A little more expensive, but I think I stand a much higher chance of getting credited. Hopefully something'll show up on Bing in the next couple days. Should get the DSi for about $140 after tax.

Yeah it's with the coupon. The fine print I read made it sound like it didn't stack with other Microsoft coupons, which this wasn't, so I didn't think it'd be an issue. I probably should have just gone the safer route and ordered it for $5 more without the coupon, but I didn't think anything of it at the time.

If you don't get it, I'd at least make a call Bing/MS/whoever and try for it. I plan on calling if they try to deny mine.

I was a little more than irritated I couldn't get the $20 off sale price to stack w/ the 15% off coupon.

One thing I haven't been able to find is how many blocks the internal memory has. I know it's 256 MB, but the Wiki lists all the DSIware in block sizes, so it's hard to tell how much space these games take up. I want to guess it's like 5000 blocks if I am remembering the SD card space on my Nintendo Wii correctly.

1000 blocks. Does not have the "SD card solution" the Wii currently has (which we should all know is sort of a lie anyway).

I need to update the respective ___ Shop threads, but the largest games are hovering around 120 blocks or so.

The best ones are the Art.Style series anyway, which average ~80 blocks or so. I imagine larger games could show up down the line if Nintendo opens up the SD card to streaming, which they really have no damn excuse not to do, but their ancient body must be woken from the depths of the sea for such monumental changes to occur.

So, you know. Assume you have 1000 to play with and that's it.

[quote name='Strell']I need to update the respective ___ Shop threads, but the largest games are hovering around 120 blocks or so.

The best ones are the Art.Style series anyway, which average ~80 blocks or so. I imagine larger games could show up down the line if Nintendo opens up the SD card to streaming, which they really have no damn excuse not to do, but their ancient body must be woken from the depths of the sea for such monumental changes to occur.

So, you know. Assume you have 1000 to play with and that's it.[/QUOTE]

Ducky... So we'll hit the limit at ~11 downloads. I'm already at five and I havent hit the Art Style games hard at all.

[quote name='kiril']This is the main reason I'm not getting a DSi. I know once I have one, my two boys will want their own, and while I wouldn't mind upgrading their original DSs to DSis I'm not buying the same game three times. Meanwhile, I upgraded my original iPhone to the iPhone 3Gs, so now my original iPhone is in use as a sort of iPod touch, and because they are both tied to my iTunes account any games I buy for myself I can put on the old one and let my kids play. That's the way it should work, Nintendo![/QUOTE]

Yep - Got my iPhone and my daughter has an iPod touch (and we have have a couple of older Nanos). It's nice managing all that stuff on one computer/account and being able to distribute whatever we want to whatever device.

[quote name='Ryukahn']2. Do the screens come with plastic on them, and can I use them as a temporary solution while I wait on the Hori ones to arrive should a local chain not have any? Obviously I can't expect the plastic to have much if any effect on the stylus usage, mainly I just want them to stay on and protect the screens from dust and normal wear until the Hori arrives.[/QUOTE]

I never really understood the use of screen protectors on DS's. It seems all they do is look bad and interfere with the picture. My Onyx DS Lite still looks perfect and I've been using it for a few years without a screen protector. Even the phat the kids still use (which is now very old) looks great if I simply clean it up every once in a while.

[quote name='crunchewy']It's a huge improvement over the phat. Then again, so is the DS Lite (with the exception of the hinge....)[/QUOTE]

Indeed - I still have a phat for my 2 boys to use because it is a little tougher and can take the abuse. But whenever I help them with a game I can't really stand looking at the screen for very long ;). At least get a DS Lite - you won't regret it.

I'm trying to decide if I should get my kids a couple of Christmas present DSi's now for the 1000 points or just wait for potential price cut/bundle/more colors... (The last one seems unlikely since they just came out with those utterly useless ones). Though I have to admit, the DSi was a phenomenon in my house for about 2 days when I opened it a week ago or so. Now no one seems to care about it any more ;). So maybe I'm not on the hook for 2-3 more for the kids.

[quote name='io']I never really understood the use of screen protectors on DS's. It seems all they do is look bad and interfere with the picture. My Onyx DS Lite still looks perfect and I've been using it for a few years without a screen protector. Even the phat the kids still use (which is now very old) looks great if I simply clean it up every once in a while.[/QUOTE]

I had Hori protectors for my old DS Lite and it didn't make the screen/picture look bad at all. You couldn't even tell they were on.

As for getting DSi's for your kids, if you are going to do it, you should jump on the Dell + Bing offer now and get them for about $130. Can't really beat that.

I'm sure there are decent screen protectors and they look nice if applied properly. I just see systems with them applied horribly I guess and have always avoided them. As long as you use the stylus only, though, I don't really see they need for them at all.

Yeah, the Dell + Bing deal sounds nice but I also have Gamestop and Amazon credit to burn so I'd probably just go with those. I'm more likely to wait out some sort of bundle deal (I just missed the Rhythm Heaven one at Amazon and that is a game I'd really like to pick up). The 1000 points is nice, but I have extra Wii points cards sitting around that I got cheap - plus, like I said earlier, I'll be avoiding most DSi shop purchases with the multiple systems. I doubt I'll find a use for the 1000 I have on my system any time soon.

[quote name='Strell']I just want to say that the dpad on the DSi is better than both previous versions. I didn't realize just how poor the DSL's was until I played Chrono Trigger, being that most of my previous gaming had been done with stylus affairs (Professor Layton).

So if you really hate the dpad on your current DS, a DSi is the way to go. But I won't pretend that's enough to justify the whole price tag.[/QUOTE]

For me, the d-pad was actually a major factor in upgrading to the DSi (aside from DSi points). I still have my DS lite if I feel the need to play GBA games, or want to play multiplayer with a friend.

[quote name='io']I never really understood the use of screen protectors on DS's. It seems all they do is look bad and interfere with the picture. My Onyx DS Lite still looks perfect and I've been using it for a few years without a screen protector. Even the phat the kids still use (which is now very old) looks great if I simply clean it up every once in a while.[/QUOTE]

The hori screen protectors do a great job, especially when you have stylus intensive games like EBA or Phantom Hourglass. If they're applied correctly (i.e. no bubbles) you can barely even tell that they're there once you have the system turned on. It's nice having a $5 piece of insurance on your screen to protect against any wayward scratches.

[quote name='io']I'm trying to decide if I should get my kids a couple of Christmas present DSi's now for the 1000 points or just wait for potential price cut/bundle/more colors... (The last one seems unlikely since they just came out with those utterly useless ones). Though I have to admit, the DSi was a phenomenon in my house for about 2 days when I opened it a week ago or so. Now no one seems to care about it any more . So maybe I'm not on the hook for 2-3 more for the kids.[/quote]

I saw the other day a press release mentioning the 1000 points promotion being available until March 31, 2010, but I don't know if that was an extension for the US or the promotion in Europe going along with the new colors.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I saw the other day a press release mentioning the 1000 points promotion being available until March 31, 2010, but I don't know if that was an extension for the US or the promotion in Europe going along with the new colors.[/QUOTE]

The official site still lists it as October 5th, so it was probably for a European promotion, though I guess it's possible they just didn't update the site.

I noticed that as well, so it's still probably up in the air. I can't recall if Europe had the promotion originally or not, but if they didn't it's likely a Europe only deal.

[quote name='io']
I never really understood the use of screen protectors on DS's. It seems all they do is look bad and interfere with the picture. My Onyx DS Lite still looks perfect and I've been using it for a few years without a screen protector. Even the phat the kids still use (which is now very old) looks great if I simply clean it up every once in a while.
.[/QUOTE]
I haven't ever used screen protectors and my DSL looks fine. I really see no need for them unless you don't take good care of it. Just keep it closed when not in use or in a carrying case when traveling and you're all set.

According to order status, my DSi from Dell has shipped. Nothing showing up in the Bing Cashback panel, but it's been less than 24 hours. Once it passes 48 hours, I'm calling.

[quote name='eugaet']According to order status, my DSi from Dell has shipped. Nothing showing up in the Bing Cashback panel, but it's been less than 24 hours. Once it passes 48 hours, I'm calling.[/QUOTE]

Mine Shipped as well, nothing showing up in Bing yet either. Glad to see you don't have anything showing yet, as if you had, then I would know I'd have to go through Bing's CS.

Edit: I just got an email saying I earned $21.67 cashback from my Dell purchase, so it went through just fine! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='J7.']I haven't ever used screen protectors and my DSL looks fine. I really see no need for them unless you don't take good care of it. Just keep it closed when not in use or in a carrying case when traveling and you're all set.[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree. While playing Nintendogs, I was washing my pup's fur, when suddenly my ds phat got a huge scratch on the screen only after the second day of using it. I don't know why it happens but whenever I use the stylus that comes with the ds, it scratches the screen. Maybe its the angle I hold the stylus or something.
When I got the dsi, I didn't use it untill I got the screen protectors on it. As of now, my bottom screen looks terrible, thanks to games like Elite Beat Agents (the pinwheels!). As long as I up the brightness of the screen, it looks ok.

Ryukahn, my Bing account now shows pending on my Dell DSi order. Any luck with yours?

Argh, and I have to wait 60 days to get it. What're the odds of a pending cashback getting denied? I bought the DSi at the price given on the Dell site w/o any manipulations by me (no promo codes or coupons entered).

If it's denied, I'll have wished I went with the Amazon DSi + free game deal instead. Planning on opening it before the DSi points promo ends so I won't be able to return it after that if the cashback is denied.

Guess it's a risk I decided to take, eh?

Yeah, I got my cashback as pending too. The reason it is pending for so long is due to Dell wanting to protect against returns. From what I read, I'm almost positive they can't cancel the pending cashback unless you return the order.

[quote name='popular penguin']I have to disagree. While playing Nintendogs, I was washing my pup's fur, when suddenly my ds phat got a huge scratch on the screen only after the second day of using it. I don't know why it happens but whenever I use the stylus that comes with the ds, it scratches the screen. Maybe its the angle I hold the stylus or something.
When I got the dsi, I didn't use it untill I got the screen protectors on it. As of now, my bottom screen looks terrible, thanks to games like Elite Beat Agents (the pinwheels!). As long as I up the brightness of the screen, it looks ok.[/QUOTE]

I have seen EBA mentioned many times in regards to scratching, but I didn't have any problem with mine. I made it all the way to the final song in "cheerleader" mode, and swirled just as much as anyone else, and I have no scratches. I have never had a screen protector and always used the original stylus.

I'm still waiting for the EBA sequel!

[quote name='Zing']I have seen EBA mentioned many times in regards to scratching, but I didn't have any problem with mine. I made it all the way to the final song in "cheerleader" mode, and swirled just as much as anyone else, and I have no scratches. I have never had a screen protector and always used the original stylus.[/QUOTE]

Obviously scratches are down to the individual. I consider myself very careful with my DS, yet I was amazed to discover I had scratched the screen back when I was first playing Nintendogs. Since then, I always use screen protectors. They're cheap, not too hard to put on, and give great peace of mind.

Someone has a DSi on Craigslist near me for $100, and if they're to be trusted it's in like-new condition. As a phatty and DSL owner, is it worth the upgrade? I really like the idea of adjustable brightness in-game, and the other little fixes they made to the system, but don't know how much interest I have in DSiWare right now.

[quote name='johnnypark']Someone has a DSi on Craigslist near me for $100, and if they're to be trusted it's in like-new condition. As a phatty and DSL owner, is it worth the upgrade? I really like the idea of adjustable brightness in-game, and the other little fixes they made to the system, but don't know how much interest I have in DSiWare right now.[/QUOTE]

$100 is a great price. You could always sell your Lite for a little less than that on eBay, then it's a steal.

bread's done
Back