Nintendo E3 2011 Press Conference - Wii U, Luigi's Mansion 2, Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS

[quote name='TheLongshot']Well, the IGN folks suspected there might have been more than one system, so I don't know if it is debunked.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I thought I deleted that in time. Yeah. I posted before she made the second statement. So hopeful... *sigh*

EDIT: Assassins Creed too? Wow, seems Ubi has all of their games in early playable form for the Wii U. All the haters so quick to judge...

[quote name='MorPhiend']Ah, I thought I deleted that in time. Yeah. I posted before she made the second statement. So hopeful... *sigh*

EDIT: Assassins Creed too? Wow, seems Ubi has all of their games in early playable form for the Wii U. All the haters so quick to judge...[/QUOTE]

No, the "HATERS" just realize and point out the fact that these games have been on PS3 and 360 all this time. Most of these 3rd party games ARE coming out for the PS3 and 360, too. This is not HATE, it's called FACTS

[quote name='lilboo']No, the "HATERS" just realize and point out the fact that these games have been on PS3 and 360 all this time. Most of these 3rd party games ARE coming out for the PS3 and 360, too. This is not HATE, it's called FACTS[/QUOTE]

Another fact is that we are at least a year off from this being officially released and developers are only in the early days in writing games for this system. Gods, you'd think people expected this to be released at Christmas...

[quote name='TheLongshot']Another fact is that we are at least a year off from this being officially released and developers are only in the early days in writing games for this system. Gods, you'd think people expected this to be released at Christmas...[/QUOTE]

Of course, but people are excited because of WHAT they showed -- games out or coming out for PS3/360. They showed very little of what THEIR new console can do, and when people see and say this.. it's "hate" ??

[quote name='TheLongshot']Another fact is that we are at least a year off from this being officially released and developers are only in the early days in writing games for this system. Gods, you'd think people expected this to be released at Christmas...[/QUOTE]

If you value your sanity, don't bother with lilboo.

Dear me, Nintendo seems to be taking a lot of flack for showing video, whose source the readily admit and did so pretty much after the conference ended and questions were being asked.

Although, they had to expect the result. Sony catches the same flack, for constantly implying that their demo reels are made with game engines when in fact they are pre-renders. Killzone comes to mind.

[quote name='confoosious']If you value your sanity, don't bother with anyone who disagrees with me.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

And Confoosius is ignored.

It could be a success... if they price it comparable to the likes of VTech "gaming consoles." They could even sell it at Rite Aid and Walgreens.

This thread sucks, it's just the same handful of people bitching at each other for 20 pages.

Here is some actual news for anyone who cares from the Ubisoft conference:

"Rather than a machine having an account, each individual user has an account," he explained, saying that the system is "exactly" equivalent to, say, Gamertags on Xbox Live.

They also went on to show a trailer for an exclusive that had a Duke Nukem/B movie feel.

[quote name='lilboo']Of course, but people are excited because of WHAT they showed -- games out or coming out for PS3/360. They showed very little of what THEIR new console can do, and when people see and say this.. it's "hate" ??[/QUOTE]

They showed what they were ready to show. Again, similar to when Sony showed off Move in 2009. They had the controls, which you could play with various things, including Ubisoft's work so far. For a console rather early in development, they showed a decent amount.

[quote name='omster']I think City Stories is first party actually. At least it is on the 3DS.[/QUOTE]

The clip I saw from the announcement had Travelers Tales' logo on it.

[quote name='Mad D']"Rather than a machine having an account, each individual user has an account," he explained, saying that the system is "exactly" equivalent to, say, Gamertags on Xbox Live.[/quote]To be fair, they couldn't answer the question if it was just for Ghost Recon or consolewide, probably because they had an NDA on that subject.

[quote name='Mad D']This thread sucks, it's just the same handful of people bitching at each other for 20 pages.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Was kind of fun when we were debating the possibility of putting RTS's on the thing, but now I don't even know what people are currently bickering over.

All I'll say - I'm not sold on the Wii U...I see the potential, but I can't play potential...and Sony could definitely steal some of Nintendo's thunder by adding some of the WiiU's features into the PS3/Vita...PSP and PS3 already have a remote play thing going on, no reason they couldn't extend it to the Vita.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Indeed. Was kind of fun when we were debating the possibility of putting RTS's on the thing--
[/QUOTE]

--or stuff like this:
originalfk.jpg

originalzp.png

[quote name='Mad D']This thread sucks, it's just the same handful of people bitching at each other for 20 pages.

"Rather than a machine having an account, each individual user has an account," he explained, saying that the system is "exactly" equivalent to, say, Gamertags on Xbox Live.[/QUOTE]

What is this in regards to? Virtual Console and downloaded content or just how we connect to each other?

If you have a link to a roundtable transcript or highlights, I'd be much obliged.

[quote name='Mad D']--or stuff like this:
originalfk.jpg

originalzp.png
[/QUOTE]

That's the type of stuff I almost don't want to see...if all they're doing is pulling UI elements from the top screen to put on the controller, why couldn't they go in reverse and throw the stuff behind a menu? I would be interested to see if it was any faster to look at the controller and re-look back on screen versus going to a menu on the TV, however.

Here's the type of stuff I'd like to see...

Imagine a Trauma Center/Trauma Team type game with a part where you play an X-Ray technician. The TV screen shows the whole patient, the bottom screen acts as your xray. As you move it left or right, the image on the controller moves left or right. Goal being to search for the broken bones, using a combination of physical cues on the patient's skins and actually looking at the bones on the controller.

Or imagine a game based on "They Live". Normally, the screen on the TV looks normal. When you pick up the controller and look through the controller, it acts as you "looking through the shades" allowing you to see the truth.

Or take the game "Magic Pengel: the Quest for Color". The game had you sketching monsters to battle other monsters. Sketching with a controller sucks. Creating monsters with an actual touchscreen would work so much better.

The Silent Scope suggestion has likely been made elsewhere, and is quite an obvious one at that.

[quote name='Salamando3000']That's the type of stuff I almost don't want to see...if all they're doing is pulling UI elements from the top screen to put on the controller, why couldn't they go in reverse and throw the stuff behind a menu? I would be interested to see if it was any faster to look at the controller and re-look back on screen versus going to a menu on the TV, however.

Here's the type of stuff I'd like to see...

Imagine a Trauma Center/Trauma Team type game with a part where you play an X-Ray technician. The TV screen shows the whole patient, the bottom screen acts as your xray. As you move it left or right, the image on the controller moves left or right. Goal being to search for the broken bones, using a combination of physical cues on the patient's skins and actually looking at the bones on the controller.

Or imagine a game based on "They Live". Normally, the screen on the TV looks normal. When you pick up the controller and look through the controller, it acts as you "looking through the shades" allowing you to see the truth.

Or take the game "Magic Pengel: the Quest for Color". The game had you sketching monsters to battle other monsters. Sketching with a controller sucks. Creating monsters with an actual touchscreen would work so much better.

The Silent Scope suggestion has likely been made elsewhere, and is quite an obvious one at that.[/QUOTE]

The Trauma team idea is friggin great.

People really need to stop bitching and grow up. Instead of all this bitching, focus on what's good and more good news will keep trickling in. Nintendo was purposely vague and you know all hasn't been revealed, though you act like it has. If you want to bitch, make a "Whiney Little Bitch thread", please.

In other news, for all the little bitches bitching, one more thing to not be able to bitch about (which I'm sure won't help - Bitches are gonna Bitch):
Friend Codes are no more!

EDIT:
[quote name='omster']They're the developer. Nintendo is the publisher, which is surprising to me. Kind of feels out of place.

Wii U: http://www.gamespot.com/wii-u/action/lego-city-stories/tech_info.html?tag=tabs;summary

3DS: http://www.gamespot.com/3ds/action/lego-city-stories/tech_info.html?tag=tabs;summary[/QUOTE]

Probably their way of assuring an exclusive. So, what's it to ya? It's a non-Nintendo exclusive still.

Lilboo, go clean the dungeon. What are you doing out of the dungeon. Where we have DUNGEON sex. You know better than that. Get the dungeon cleaner. And the sexy apron.

Honestly.

[quote name='Strell']Lilboo, go clean the dungeon. What are you doing out of the dungeon. Where we have DUNGEON sex. You know better than that. Get the dungeon cleaner. And the sexy apron.

Honestly.[/QUOTE]

Putting on a sexy outfit for you

NSFW
gay_wizard.jpg

[quote name='Mad D']

"Rather than a machine having an account, each individual user has an account," he explained, saying that the system is "exactly" equivalent to, say, Gamertags on Xbox Live.
[/QUOTE]

Hey, that is some good news.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']And Confoosius is ignored.[/QUOTE]

+1

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Simply announcing a system (as in "hey guys... we have a new system in development. More details in the coming months") would have been more effective than giving a presentation surrounding something that is almost completely still in a concept state. They totally showed the world their hand... one that they're not planning on playing until NEXT YEAR! If I were Sony, Microsoft, or hell, even just some guy with a ton of cash interested in tinkering with console design, this would be the perfect opportunity to kill Nintendo off entirely.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry to quote myself, but...

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/09/real-racing-2-announces-wireless-ipad-to-tv-streaming-waves-at/

Apparently On-Live is doing something similar as well. Two days, and Wii U is already being compromised.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']I want the new Nintendo tablet.[/QUOTE]

It isn't a real tablet. It has no processor. It can't do anything on it's own. You can't take it with you and do stuff like with the Ipad. It streams everything from the console. I have to wonder if the Wii U will even support more than one since that would be a lot of streaming power needed.

This is nothing more than the bottom half of a DS. The top half is your TV.

Nintendo needs to be clearer in their messaging about this. That's probably why their stock dropped. A very mixed message. When it first appeared, I thought it was just a Wii attachment, but no the console was in the background, and it took them until after the Conference to say 'it's a new console with a tablet.'

However, I will say that Skyward Sword sounds like the most amazing Zelda game ever.

Sure glad you guys are calling the shots for Nintendo these days.

OnLive? Really? That's the company that is giving away their system with games and yet no one wants it, right?

[quote name='KingBroly']However, I will say that Skyward Sword sounds like the most amazing Zelda game ever.[/QUOTE]

What it sounds like to me, overall, is that Nintendo is really pushing hard with the software. Miyamato is really driving his guys to produce and I think it shows with the software we've seen and the software that got the most focus during the pressers.

You're right about WiiU though. It's presentation was so unclear that it's taken away from the other stuff. Nintendo really, really, really botched it's unveiling.

[quote name='Strell']Sure glad you guys are calling the shots for Nintendo these days.

OnLive? Really? That's the company that is giving away their system with games and yet no one wants it, right?[/QUOTE]

Ok... I agree that OnLive is a joke. It's the Fisher-Price of gaming consoles.

But I do admire the opportunistic characteristics of the company. Same goes for Apple, which will likely somewhat mirror this new Wii U technology by Fall. They have the means... just a few programming tweaks and it's suddenly a reality. Of course it will require people to have an i-device and Apple TV, but it's still pretty cool none-the-less.

[quote name='Strell']Sure glad you guys are calling the shots for Nintendo these days. [/QUOTE]
Hey, smarty pants, they got the internet's memo about Titty Games for our Wiis.

Come at me bro.jpg

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Ok... I agree that OnLive is a joke. It's the Fisher-Price of gaming consoles.

But I do admire the opportunistic characteristics of the company. Same goes for Apple, which will likely somewhat mirror this new Wii U technology by Fall. They have the means... just a few programming tweaks and it's suddenly a reality. Of course it will require people to have an i-device and Apple TV, but it's still pretty cool none-the-less.[/QUOTE]

I have Onlive- Care to explain, since you own one if you are commenting? i will point you to their forums and large community if need be if you would like to leave that comment with them. I am sure they will be happy to hear your opinion. :roll:

[quote name='xmbri']I have Onlive- Care to explain, since you own one if you are commenting? i will point you to their forums and large community if need be if you would like to leave that comment with them. I am sure they will be happy to hear your opinion. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Alright... you got me.

Busted.

Xbox 360 E3 thread: 19 pages
PS3 E3 Thread: 22 pages
Wii E3 Thread: 37 pages

Yep Nintendo didn't get what they wanted accomplished this E3...

[quote name='lordopus99']Xbox 360 E3 thread: 19 pages
PS3 E3 Thread: 22 pages
Wii E3 Thread: 37 pages

Yep Nintendo didn't get what they wanted accomplished this E3...[/QUOTE]

They always have the most talked-about E3 conference because they are always so far out in left field. Also, they have the most universally loved IP so everyone is always interested in the next Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., Donkey Kong, Pikmin, etc.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Sorry to quote myself, but...

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/09/real-racing-2-announces-wireless-ipad-to-tv-streaming-waves-at/

Apparently On-Live is doing something similar as well. Two days, and Wii U is already being compromised.[/QUOTE]

hahahah. more foolishness from metaphysical.

"compromised"? Are you kidding me.

Your whole point about Nintendo showing their hand is that another company might steal their ideas.

So if On-Live saw the presser and thought "We can do that" and told the public in 2 days... well, that's all you need to know about On-Live as a business.

Of course, this isn't how it worked with Real Racing 2: these guys have had this in the works for months. I'm just saying how foolish it is to think that "Ohhh I was right, Nintendo tipped their hand too early and now someone copied them!!!" LMFAO.

Is there anyone sane in this thread?

[quote name='elessar123']Nintendo stocks dropped another 4.6%, so 10.1% since it was announced.[/QUOTE]

How much investing have you done in your life?

SO.... Nintendo lost E3 huh... Nintendo didn't accomplish anything at E3.... Here you go:
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/09/the-wii-u-line-is-e3s-most-popular-experience/

Now let's put it to rest. They are there, we are not. Proof in the pudding ladies and gentlemen.

The first Wii had the same thing guys. No different here. The same people that are bashing here, will be trying when it comes out. Hypocrites. Friends of mine who absolutely dogged the Wii, walked by the kiosk it was at, picked it up, played it for a hour, and bought it. Hmmm....

[quote name='xmbri']SO.... Nintendo lost E3 huh... Nintendo didn't accomplish anything at E3.... Here you go:
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/09/the-wii-u-line-is-e3s-most-popular-experience/

Now let's put it to rest. They are there, we are not. Proof in the pudding ladies and gentlemen.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused. There are a couple of people on this forum following all of this on their computer screens with absolutely no business background and if they say nintendo lost, then by golly, nintendo lost.

I refuse to listen to any conservative mainstream liberal media outlet.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm confused. There are a couple of people on this forum following all of this on their computer screens with absolutely no business background and if they say nintendo lost, then by golly, nintendo lost.

I refuse to listen to any conservative mainstream liberal media outlet.[/QUOTE]

I am also confused at the fact that people on this very board a few months ago said that the other companies don't need to come out with something new since what was out was good for them, but yet, in the last couple of days, Nintendo does something unique and new, but will possibly be on par with the systems now, start bashing them for the same graphics that are now. I don't get it. I guess if nintendo does PS3 type graphics and gameplay, then it isn't alright, but if the PS3 does graphics and gameplay, its ok.

There's also some really terrible logic going on here:

1) Nintendo's WiiU is horrible and gimmicky. They need to just focus on great content
2) They've just given Sony a blueprint to copy them by announcing it too early

So, if it's so shitty and gimmicky, why would Sony copy them?

[quote name='confoosious']There's also some really terrible logic going on here:

1) Nintendo's WiiU is horrible and gimmicky. They need to just focus on great content
2) They've just given Sony a blueprint to copy them by announcing it too early

So, if it's so shitty and gimmicky, why would Sony copy them?[/QUOTE]

Cause the ice cream remote move was all so succesful :lol:

[quote name='confoosious']
How much investing have you done in your life?[/QUOTE]

All I posted there was fact. Can you not even separate fact from fiction? This makes more sense now why you insist your positive speculation is fact, and criticism is from the sidelines. How much experience do you have? How's your million shares of Nintendo doing, now that each share lost $20+ in two days? You do marketing for Nintendo too? And you write the dictionary too, including ones that go against every other mainstream one? You must be extremely old to have all that experience.

[quote name='elessar123']All I posted there was fact. Can you not even separate fact from fiction? This makes more sense now why you insist your positive speculation is fact, and criticism is from the sidelines. How much experience do you have? How's your million shares of Nintendo doing, now that each share lost $20+ in two days? You do marketing for Nintendo too? And you write the dictionary too, including ones that go against every other mainstream one? You must be extremely old to have all that experience.[/QUOTE]

so... none.

I was just wondering that since you presume to know how to handle this next gen better than the nintendo execs, what your bona fides are.

Now, obviously, you're gonna say "well, what are yours?" They're actually not bad but that's besides the point. I'm not the one who thinks I know how to run nintendo.

edit: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bona+fides?show=0&t=1307636949

[quote name='xmbri']SO.... Nintendo lost E3 huh... Nintendo didn't accomplish anything at E3.... Here you go:

Now let's put it to rest. They are there, we are not. Proof in the pudding ladies and gentlemen.
[/QUOTE]

Of course people are going to flock to the Wii U. Everybody wants to know what exactly the thing will be good for. It's kind of like a car wreck. Yeah... it sucks for the people involved, but you can't help but stop and watch.

[quote name='confoosious']so... none.

I was just wondering that since you presume to know how to handle this next gen better than the nintendo execs, what your bona fides are.

Now, obviously, you're gonna say "well, what are yours?" They're actually not bad but that's besides the point. I'm not the one who thinks I know how to run nintendo.

edit: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bona+fides?show=0&t=1307636949[/QUOTE]

I never said that either. It's an opinion on what they should have done at one press conference, based on overall reaction. Did I ever even say once that they shouldn't release the Wii U, or skip out this year's E3? Nope. But somehow, anyone anywhere that disagrees with you is automatically wrong. Yet you spew your opinion at the same time, and are guilty of what you accuse everyone else of doing.

Oh, and I guess you're an exec at Treehouse too, since you criticized their business practices.

you mean this quote?

[quote name='confoosious']yep. I usually don't begrudge a company for making as much money as they can. After all, the demand is there. But this is starting to stink.

Archangel will most likely be my last litho.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's me being a treehouse exec. :roll:

I keep forgetting that you actually don't know what armchair quarterbacking is, which is what I accused you of. Do I need to google that for you as well.

[quote name='confoosious']you mean this quote?

Yeah, that's me being a treehouse exec. :roll:

I keep forgetting that you actually don't know what armchair quarterbacking is, which is what I accused you of. Do I need to google that for you as well.[/QUOTE]

Go through the thread again. Point out where anything I have said have been any worse than you said about Treehouse.

Can't find it? Me neither.

You're saying that me saying the price increase stinks for a litho is the same as 'Nintendo execs really screwed up by announcing it and tipping their hand to Sony'? Really? You're criticizing their entire strategy while I'm mildly perturbed at a $10 price increase, which I said I understood.

let me find this:

[quote name='elessar123']I didn't even say the Wii U will be a failure. I only said Nintendo did the wrong thing at E3, including giving Sony over a year to make Vita at least as good as the Wii U. And hyping games that aren't even set to start development yet.
[/QUOTE]

yeah...

granted, it's mostly metaphysical styles who has said the most foolish things in this thread. But you're commenting on business strategy when it's clear you don't know anything about the business world.

It'd be analogous to me telling Radiohead that a song would be better if they cut out the drums.

I think this generation could shape up to be interesting if Sony and Microsoft do not launch new consoles in or before mid 2014.

The last time there was a launch gap greater than 1.5 years between competing consoles was the Dreamcast. You have to go back before the Master System and the NES to see that again. We all know what happened to the dreamcast too. Incredibly capable system that was not a bad product. It was simply killed by the PS2 hype machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xmbri']Proof in the pudding ladies and gentlemen.[/QUOTE]
:whee:
DIS FRED HAV PUDDIN!!

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back