Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
This reminds me of the launch of Advance Wars on GBA.  It was the game at that year's E3 that made me go "I need a GBA"... so I got one at launch since they were pretty easy to find and counted down to AW's release and played some other games in the mean time (like Tony Hawk 2).  Then launch day comes... September 10th... 2001!  I went to Walmart... nothing... but that wasn't unusual as they never stocked games on Monday at my main store at the time.   I'd just be back on Tuesday.   Yes... 9/11... yes, that 9/11.  I can't remember if it was that day or the next day that the game showed up on shelves (I should still have the receipt in the box), but I still bought it.  They were talking then about possibly pulling it from shelves to release later.   I'm not surprised at all that it would be the reason to delay it yet again.

Pulling it why ? Cause it’s called advance wars and there is war going on?
Because we had planes hit buildings and kill people... and this game your troops physically stomped buildings to capture them. In the end they didn't pull the game... or if they did it was after I grabbed my copy at walmart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-78FD9xvc0

Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo are back from the sewers with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection! In collaboration with Nickelodeon, thirteen radical games from KONAMI’s entire archive of retro 8-bit, 16-bit, and arcade Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) titles and their Japanese versions* will be coming to PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC Steam. Physical retail and digital versions will be available in 2022 at SRP $39.99.

This incredible collection of thirteen original classics gives chasing down Shredder, fighting the Foot, and tangling-up with Bebop and Rocksteady a fresh look at why KONAMI’s adaptations of the heroes in a half shell set the standard in beat ‘em up, action games. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection includes:

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Arcade)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time (Arcade)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (NES)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project (NES)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (NES)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (Super Nintendo)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Super Nintendo)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist (Sega Genesis)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Sega Genesis)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of The Foot Clan (Game Boy)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Back From The Sewers (Game Boy)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Radical Rescue (Game Boy)

KONAMI partnered with game developer Digital Eclipse to expertly adapt these classics for modern gaming systems with a fantastic set of quality-of-life features including save anytime and rewind, button mapping, and added online play for certain games** with local couch play for all titles where originally intended. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection will also come with a digital game guide for each title to help players fight and sometimes swim through difficult areas.

Pulling it why ? Cause it’s called advance wars and there is war going on?
That and there's at least one Russian fellow in the game iirc. 9/11 made them delay the European and Japanese versions of the original, so there's precedent there too.
Then again, this might just be an excuse to delay it again for more polishing, the game doesn't exactly have a history of sticking to a launch date.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty sad though that it is taking as long as it was. At this rate it's gonna be another duke nukem ff15 last guardian situation.

I don’t follow gaming developers very closely but maybe one or more of the dev teams are based in Ukraine or Russia?
Nah, the first game has an equivalent of Russia going around invading countries. With real life Russia invading a country, not the best time to release that. especially with the cartoony graphics making light of it.

I think today is the last day to register for the tournament this weekend in Sword and Shield to get the shiny Galarian Zapdos. Only have to participate in three battles, win or lose. Which is good, because I lost all three last month and still got my Articuno.

2023 on Mario day? It was supposed to be done already so I am hoping it's very early next year. Sucks we have to wait another year. It got delayed like video games get delayed.

Walmart.com has the 128 GB Nintendo branded Micro SDXC memory cards for $13.37. I've been buying several digital games on my Switch and N2DS XL and I need the space, so I got two and it came to just over $25! I have the FAT32 reformatter to make the second one work on my N2DS XL.

Walmart.com has the 128 GB Nintendo branded Micro SDXC memory cards for $13.37. I've been buying several digital games on my Switch and N2DS XL and I need the space, so I got two and it came to just over $25! I have the FAT32 reformatter to make the second one work on my N2DS XL.
Thanks I got 2 as well

I highly recommend bigger memory cards for the Switch myself. I use a 512 GB myself and sometimes I feel that may not be enough. I filled up my I believe 256 GB over time and maybe had the 128 GB before that. Those games are just bigger especially if you like RPGs like the Atelier games you can only get digitally (first trilogy). For 3DS the 128 GB was fine and never felt too small, unless you are trying to install every game on the system through unique (you know what I mean) methods.

I highly recommend bigger memory cards for the Switch myself. I use a 512 GB myself and sometimes I feel that may not be enough. I filled up my I believe 256 GB over time and maybe had the 128 GB before that. Those games are just bigger especially if you like RPGs like the Atelier games you can only get digitally (first trilogy). For 3DS the 128 GB was fine and never felt too small, unless you are trying to install every game on the system through unique (you know what I mean) methods.
I went kinda nuts on the Atlus sale at the beginning of the year, plus I bought Super Street Fighter IV a while back and it uses as many blocks as a main series Pokemon game, which is ridiculous. I also want some of the games that are hard to find (let alone afford) physical copies of, like the 3DS Layton titles, Bravely Default and the 3DS Castlevania, Arkham Origins and Epic Mickey.

I have the 128gb drive and will probably never fill it up as I buy mostly physical games and avoid most of the games with massive downloads required.   My switch lite I don't even have a memory card in it as I only play a few games on it and use my regular switch for most stuff.

Word of warning...

"Sold and shipped by WZMKMY | wenzhoumiaokumaoyiyouxiangongsi"

That seller also has the 256gb version for $16.93

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SanDisk-256GB-microSD-UHS-I-Memory-Card-for-Nintendo-Switch-Super-Mario-Super-Star-100MB-s-Read-90MB-s-Write-Class-10-U3-SDSQXAO-256G-ANCZN/708875667

I wouldn't buy from that seller... feedback is not much and pretty bad.

The only one I see from walmart itself is $20.99 ...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SanDisk-128GB-microSDXC-UHS-I-Memory-Card-for-Nintendo-Switch-Red-100MB-s-Micro-SD-Card-SDSQXBO-128G-AWCZA/362673503

Thanks I got 2 as well
Read above...

Word of warning...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SanDisk-256GB-microSD-UHS-I-Memory-Card-for-Nintendo-Switch-Super-Mario-Super-Star-100MB-s-Read-90MB-s-Write-Class-10-U3-SDSQXAO-256G-ANCZN/708875667

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SanDisk-128GB-microSDXC-UHS-I-Memory-Card-for-Nintendo-Switch-Red-100MB-s-Micro-SD-Card-SDSQXBO-128G-AWCZA/362673503
Thank goodness for Walmart return policies? I missed that...It says 40% approval but no reviews. Weird.

Walmart’s website with third party sellers included is such trash. That 128GB Nintendo card was $15 at Best Buy 2 years ago. I will also probably never fill it up since I buy almost all digital.

I went kinda nuts on the Atlus sale at the beginning of the year, plus I bought Super Street Fighter IV a while back and it uses as many blocks as a main series Pokemon game, which is ridiculous. I also want some of the games that are hard to find (let alone afford) physical copies of, like the 3DS Layton titles, Bravely Default and the 3DS Castlevania, Arkham Origins and Epic Mickey.
If you have an Xbox one at least the 3DS Castlevania goes for under four bucks sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pretty much exclusively buy sandisk for memory cards.

Walmart’s website with third party sellers included is such trash. That 128GB Nintendo card was $15 at Best Buy 2 years ago. I will also probably never fill it up since I buy almost all digital.
That's when I got mine... that BB deal was solid and no 3rd party wankery to worry about like with amazon and to a lesser degree but still "gotta watch for 3rd party sellers" Walmart.

Thanks for posting.  Will buy the AA games I don't yet own.  Sadly it looks like MH:stories 1 isn't included in the sale.

I'll also add my recommendation regarding the microsd discussion.  Buy them directly from samsung's website in november.  They almost always have BF promos that are among the lowest price points and the cards will come directly from a top-tier manufacturer.

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - $4.99

Mega Man Legacy Collection - $4.99

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - $4.99

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - $4.99

Monster Hunter Generations - $4.99

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Dual Destinies - $4.99 - Reminder that this game has in-game DLC that'll disappear after the eShop shuts down

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice - $4.99 - Reminder that this game has in-game DLC that'll disappear after the eShop shuts down

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy - $11.99

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D - $1.99

Resident Evil Revelations - $1.99

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition - $4.99

Monster Hunter Stories is published by Nintendo, so no good sales will happen for that game on the eShop ever again.

I love the DLC case for Dual Destinies where your client is an actual orca whale. I still need Apollo Justice, I have Mega Man, SFIV, RE Mercenaries and MH4U. Mega Man 1-6 for less than $1 a game is really good for anyone who doesn't have them.

fyi costco B&M has/had the 2 pack of 256gb nintendo branded sd cards for $19.97. If you're lucky your costco might still have some but I wouldn't go out of your way to check. The one I was at a few days ago still had a few left. Item #2550551

Word of warning...

Read above...
Welp, im bummed out and I request Cancellation.. well see how it goes

There's a reason I'll never pay for Walmart +, the laundry list of scanners on their website
or you could just filter by retailer
walmart+ was great for console drops but now I buy random crap. they delivered a $2 pack of coffee filters to my house from a Walmart 20 minutes away lol

bread's done
Back