Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
The XC3 Direct is a waste for me unless they announce XCX as part of it. I already have XC3 preordered... I don't need to know more about it... I'm 100% in on the franchise.

I just want to know when Bayonetta 3 is releasing. That's my most wanted Nintendo release of the year. I don't understand why Nintendo is being extremely stubborn and not telling the public the one thing we all want to know at this point. Doesn't seems like Platinum is at fault here.
If you really need a date to lock into your brain... November 11th.

That would be my guess given they haven't locked a date in yet. But we should get a direct covering the rest of 2022 with dates sometime in the near future.

I already hate tossing Brooklyn crusts and well done orders are a colossal pain in the ass. Sure. Call the store. Go for the "i want to be the biggest pain in the ass i can possibly be" trifecta. The only way I'm going to hate your order MORE is if you're being a dick and ordering carside when it's 97 or -3 outside.
You live in a place where it gets both 97 degrees and -3 degrees? That really sucks.

You live in a place where it gets both 97 degrees and -3 degrees? That really sucks.
That's actually not that impressive unless it hits those high and low in the same day. My state's highest recorded was 118 and lowest is -47 per a quick search. Seems like a pretty wide band across the states would regularly hit those ranges.

Also has the gaming news and or deals really gotten bad enough for this to be the primary conversation here now?

I've never ordered a pizza well-done. I didn't even know that was a thing. Every pizza I've ever ordered had everything cooked... cheese just turning brown with a slight crispiness to any cheese draped over the crust... pepperoni's curled on the edges. Any more done and it seems like it would be over done.

Also has the gaming news and or deals really gotten bad enough for this to be the primary conversation here now?
We are just a chill enough group we can veer off topic and people not throw a fit about it.

That's actually not that impressive unless it hits those high and low in the same day. My state's highest recorded was 118 and lowest is -47 per a quick search. Seems like a pretty wide band across the states would regularly hit those ranges.

I live in Orange County, CA and it never snows or even gets close to minus degrees in coldest month. It can get 100 degrees here certain days in the summer but that wouldn't be more than a few days. The whole state of California though? Sure, we have death valley here and I am sure it gets in the minus in some mountain places but I was referring to the place you actually lived. If you live in a place that can get almost 100 in the summer and then down to -3 in the Winter, I have no idea how people live in a place like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are just a chill enough group we can veer off topic and people not throw a fit about it.
I don't mind off topic, it's just a little slower gaming talk than we would usually have during "E3" season. Well at least it's not nonstop talk about the possibility of a Switch Pro like last year. Lol.

On the gaming front I'm still curious if we are ever going to get a Nintendo Selects greatest hits price drop on older games. With this gen being more digital sales I still wonder if they won't do it until the very last year of switch lifespan.

On the gaming front I'm still curious if we are ever going to get a Nintendo Selects greatest hits price drop on older games. With this gen being more digital sales I still wonder if they won't do it until the very last year of switch lifespan.
I bet they do it with the games that are always discounted. Mario Rabbids, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Party, Kirby star Allies, Yoshi, etc

93 here today. Come January, single digits are the norm and the "polar vortex" can knock it into the negatives. I don't think I've seen too many days colder than about a pure -7 or so but it does get down there in the winter, yep.

I've never ordered a pizza well-done. I didn't even know that was a thing. Every pizza I've ever ordered had everything cooked... cheese just turning brown with a slight crispiness to any cheese draped over the crust... pepperoni's curled on the edges. Any more done and it seems like it would be over done.

I normally wouldn't either, but my local Little Caesar's refuses to fully cook their pizzas and breadsticks so I have to say well done unless I want a doughy spongey mess.

This just in, people from California shocked other places have seasons.
Haha. We have seasons here too. I can drive to the snow in the mountains if I want to. About 2 hours away. It's mostly around 70ish where I live for most of the year. More power to you if you can live in freezing weather with 6 feet of snow or daily highs over 100 but I think that is just disgusting.

Haha. We have seasons here too. I can drive to the snow in the mountains if I want to. About 2 hours away. It's mostly around 70ish where I live for most of the year. More power to you if you can live in freezing weather with 6 feet of snow or daily highs over 100 but I think that is just disgusting.
I think the fact that Californians have leeched so much water out of their surroundings that massive forest fires every single year are now normal is disgusting, but I suppose that’s just cultural differences talking. To each their own!

I think the fact that Californians have leeched so much water out of their surroundings that massive forest fires every single year are now normal is disgusting, but I suppose that’s just cultural differences talking. To each their own!
I left the SCV for Wisconsin almost 15 years ago, and the locals here go "i could never deal with the earthquakes."

It isn't the quakes. The ones you FEEL are infrequent. Damaging when they happen, yeah, but not frequent enough to chase me out.

It was the mix of cost of living and the annual fires threatening my town that made me go "man, bring on those blizzards."

I left the SCV for Wisconsin almost 15 years ago, and the locals here go "i could never deal with the earthquakes."

It isn't the quakes. The ones you FEEL are infrequent. Damaging when they happen, yeah, but not frequent enough to chase me out.

It was the mix of cost of living and the annual fires threatening my town that made me go "man, bring on those blizzards."
You can move away from the fire zones. Cost of living just depends on how materialistic you are and the reason is because so many people want to live here because of the weather and amount of things to do.
You meant SFV. Yeah, I love it when people cite earthquakes as a bad natural disaster we have here. The last one that did a lot of damage was in 1994. People in other states get hurricanes and tornadoes and flooding and blizzards etc that do a lot of damage and kill a lot of people EVERY FREAKING YEAR!!!! No comparison.

You can move away from the fire zones. Cost if living just depends on how materialistic you are and the reason is because so many people want to live here because of the weather and amount of things to do.
You meant SFV. Yeah, I love it when people cite earthquakes as a bad natural disaster we have here. The last one that did a lot of damage was in 1994. People in other states get hurricanes and tornadoes and flooding and blizzards etc that do a lot of damage and kill a lot of people EVERY FREAKING YEAR!!!! No comparison.
SCV. Santa Clarita Valley.

I slept through Northridge in '94. My family has never let me forget it.

I looked for a place in CA before I left, and the jankiest apartments I could find were starting at $1400/month unless I wanted to live in the desert by the Marine base.

My apartment in WI was $395. Fifteen years later, it's only over $700 because I added a garage to my rent.

The stress from the fires was part of it, but I could live on my own on part time work here in '08. That was never going to happen in CA.

The money I'm making NOW i could probably have stayed in CA, yep. But I wasn't making that 15 years ago.

SCV. Santa Clarita Valley.

I slept through Northridge in '94. My family has never let me forget it.

I looked for a place in CA before I left, and the jankiest apartments I could find were starting at $1400/month unless I wanted to live in the desert by the Marine base.

My apartment in WI was $395. Fifteen years later, it's only over $700 because I added a garage to my rent.

The stress from the fires was part of it, but I could live on my own on part time work here in '08. That was never going to happen in CA.

The money I'm making NOW i could probably have stayed in CA, yep. But I wasn't making that 15 years ago.
I've never seen abbreviation SCV before. The C and F are so close together I thought it was just a typo. I have a Magic Mountain membership so I do visit Santa Clarita.

On your own do you mean like no roommate? Do you mean like not living in a place attached to another place? I didn't think that Santa Clarita was more expensive than places in Orange County. Back in 05 through 2010 I found plenty of places that were $650 to $750 and that was a big room with a fridge etc attached to a main house but with no access so you were alone. Studios and 1 bedroom started at like $800 and I could find one bedroom apartments in Huntington Beach for $1000. Hell, even now I pay $978 for a 400 sqft studio with a vaulted ceiling in a nice area of Santa Ana. I was paying $950 for two and a half years before the rent got increased $28.

I know that for $978 you can probably get like a two-bedroom apartment or have that as a mortgage or something in Wisconsin but you have to live in Wisconsin.

This just in, people from California shocked other places have seasons.
But California is the center of the entire universe. Right? RIGHT??!?!!!??

I mean the earthquakes, cost of living, roving bands of tent villages, smog and insane traffic, Who wouldn’t want to live in a place like that. To say nothing of the folks randomly shitting all over the sidewalks.

Sounds lovely.

Leaving that craphole was one of the happiest days of my entire life. You couldn’t pay me enough to move back.

I've never seen abbreviation SCV before. The C and F are so close together I thought it was just a typo. I have a Magic Mountain membership so I do visit Santa Clarita.
When I was growing up, everyone called the San Fernando Valley simply "the Valley." The Santa Clarita Valley went by "the SCV" to differentiate itself,at least among residents.

On your own do you mean like no roommate? Do you mean like not living in a place attached to another place? I didn't think that Santa Clarita was more expensive than places in Orange County. Back in 05 through 2010 I found plenty of places that were $650 to $750 and that was a big room with a fridge etc attached to a main house but with no access so you were alone. Studios and 1 bedroom started at like $800 and I could find one bedroom apartments in Huntington Beach for $1000. Hell, even now I pay $978 for a 400 sqft studio with a vaulted ceiling in a nice area of Santa Ana. I was paying $950 for two and a half years before the rent got increased $28.

I know that for $978 you can probably get like a two-bedroom apartment or have that as a mortgage or something in Wisconsin but you have to live in Wisconsin.
I'm actually in the process of trying to buy a home in Wisconsin. Fortunately, I like Wisconsin. Mostly. But yes, my mortgage will probably come in under 900 and might even sneak in under 800.

So anyway… The Keep? Worth $2? Figure that and SFIV sounds like a decent deal towards the $10 eShop card I have to get.

I mean the earthquakes, cost of living, roving bands of tent villages, smog and insane traffic, Who wouldn’t want to live in a place like that. To say nothing of the folks randomly shitting all over the sidewalks.

Sounds lovely.

Leaving that craphole was one of the happiest days of my entire life. You couldn’t pay me enough to move back.
Good. We don’t want you here.

Sounds lovely.

Already debunked the earthquakes. Tent villages and smog are only in certain parts of the state. I am sure a lot of states have tent villages. Traffic and cost of living is high because so many people want to live here to escape the god awful weather of whatever state you now live in.

Makes the best first party games IMO.

So anyway… The Keep? Worth $2? Figure that and SFIV sounds like a decent deal towards the $10 eShop card I have to get.
I don't know anything about The Keep but SFIV has a very big install size for a launch title. It's as big as a main series Pokemon game, so I had to wait until I got a bigger micro SD card before I could install it.

It's not a perfect dungeon crawler but it's fun enough to warrant a purchase for $2, I paid full price and feel I had enough of a decent time to justify the purchase. The replay value is low, but for that price who cares.

Fwiw CA housing prices are a direct result of Prop 13 which keeps the normal level of houses off the market. Lower supply = higher prices. At least pay is somewhat relative here to cost of living.

XC3 direct ... I ended up watching it live even though I have the game preordered. The overall systems in XC3 look pretty great. It might seem overwhelming to a noob... but I trust they will do a good job stepping everyone through the various systems like they have in the other games. I was a bit worried with the start of the presentation... but then they showed much of the open world and how exploration and everything is still there. I'm hyped. I've been kind of on the outs with playing videogames for the last seven months... but recently got back to playing my switch after getting a physical copy of Grand Mountain Adventures: Wonderland and enjoying it. I think I may start XC3 the day it shows up. I'm a bit miffed at more dlc season pass stuff... but hopefully they do like XC2 Torna and put out a physical for the dlc story and bundle in the other season pass stuff as a code.

People hate on California like they hate on Nintendo and the Golden State Warriors: because we da best, man. Listen.
I don't hate the Golden State Warriors... just the Lakers.

I just hope in XC3 you can actually reference the systems rather than a quick little tutorial and nothing. I started newgame+ three years after beating the game and it didnt even show me any of the tutorials again, I didn't remember how to do jack and decided to play something else instead. lol

People hate on California like they hate on Nintendo and the Golden State Warriors: because we da best, man. Listen.
The best at excessive water usage in spite of long stretches of drought? The best at destroying your natural environment for both selfish reasons and misguided principles?

Feels like the XBOX thread with all the non-gaming talk. I usually save that thread for last (after reading the Nintendo/Steam/Playstation deals threads) since it's bloated with off-topic discussions. Not judging anyone but I honestly just check these forums to learn about deals and I imagine the majority of users do the same but are not as vocal. 

Feels like the XBOX thread with all the non-gaming talk. I usually save that thread for last (after reading the Nintendo/Steam/Playstation deals threads) since it's bloated with off-topic discussions. Not judging anyone but I honestly just check these forums to learn about deals and I imagine the majority of users do the same but are not as vocal.
If you purely want deals... then reddit r/nindendoswitchdeals should be your default first step. Sort by "new" posts.

And/Or bookmark dekudeals for switch eshop pricedrops (I use them for physical price drops)

Okay, something weird is going on with the Redownload list on the eShop.

In the past, I purchased both Collection of Mana and Collection of SaGa.  At some point I upgraded SD cards, and it appears I never redownloaded either title.

When I go to my eShop redownload list -- neither title is listed on it, while both are shown as PURCHASED on the title pages.  (Removing the SD card does let me redownload these from the STORE pages for each game, but neither one will appear in my Redownload list.)

For anyone who has purchased either title -- could you ARCHIVE the software, then check to see if it appears in your eShop "Redownload" list?

I'm curious if something weird is going on that is preventing them from appearing in the Redownload list.  While I was able to get the titles to download via the eShop title pages, I can't get them to appear in the general Redownload list.  Now I'm curious as to whether I'm missing anything else...

Proper big eShop sale just went live. Seeing SMTV, Link’s Awakening, No More Heroes 3 on this one.

AI: The Somnium Files is also $8, GET ON THAT.

Big Ol' Super Sale (ends 7/7 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://www.nintendo.com/store/sales-and-deals/

Nintendo Games on Sale

• Astral Chain - 30% off
  • Bravely Default II - 30% off
  • Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer featuring The Legend of Zelda, Season Pass, & Bundle - 30% off each
  • Daemon X Machina - 30% off
  • DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power - 30% off
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - 30% off
  • Dragon Quest Builders - 30% off
  • Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition - 30% off
  • Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaire's Conspiracy Deluxe Edition - 30% off
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - 30% off
  • Octopath Traveler - 30% off
  • Paper Mari: The Origami King - 30% off
  • Part Time UFO - 30% off
  • Pikmin 3 Deluxe - 30% off
  • Super Mario Maker 2 - 30% off
  • Super Mario Odyssey - 30% off
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore - 30% off

And to go along with this, check your local Costco for a pack of 4 x$25 eshop cards (total of $100) for 79.99 (20% off). Mine had a sign that the sale is through 6/26. I forgot to check the limit, but it’s usually 2.
Limit 3. They also have Xbox and PS gift cards on sale for the same price. In-store only.

Proper big eShop sale just went live. Seeing SMTV, Link’s Awakening, No More Heroes 3 on this one.
The Somnium Files is an absolute steal for that price. Uchikoshi and company really let me down after Zero Time Dilemma but they won me back over with this.

If you're talking about lurkers, obviously. But I definitely wouldn't say "most" people are just here for deals. This is a community, not a bulletin board.
Sure. I didn't mean to imply it wasn't a community. I don't want to derail the thread beyond Nintendo talk any more so I will just concede whatever argument to you.

If you purely want deals... then reddit r/nindendoswitchdeals should be your default first step. Sort by "new" posts.

And/Or bookmark dekudeals for switch eshop pricedrops (I use them for physical price drops)
Yep. I have dekudeals wishlists all set up. By far, dekudeals is the most efficient way to learn about deals in my experience. It is also the easiest way for me to track what Nintendo games I already own. There are the occasional times though when a Nintendo Switch game is not in their database though.

This thread has actually helped me more with hardware deals in my experience. I would have never found the 2DS or NN2DSXL refurbished by Nintendo deals otherwise. The only better way to find hardware deals is to follow Wario64 on twitter with notifications on but I had to stop since there were too many tweets about stuff I didn't care about.

The Somnium Files is an absolute steal for that price. Uchikoshi and company really let me down after Zero Time Dilemma but they won me back over with this.
I'll +1 to these recommendations. I don't love the somnium gameplay but the game has a lot of humor and one of the better unraveling mystery plotlines I've played. It's the same price on steam currently if anyone else is like me and doesn't like to live with reduced performance on nsw. Regardless, everyone buy it.

bread's done
Back