Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
2K, Capcom and Ubisoft sales up today.
Notably Mario + Rabbids Gold Edition dropped under $14, which is “I’ll quit waiting for the season pass to get cheaper and buy the game again, fuck it” pricing.

Also notable, an ININ Games release is on sale, which has happened only once or twice before. This time it’s Umihara Kawase BaZooka! (and Ultracore).
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/umihara-kawase-bazooka-switch

Sweet! I... uh... I resubbed last week...
Is the season pass for rabbids on sale too? For some reason I can't find the separate listing on the website

The SNK neogeo pocket color selection vol 1 is $40 on the eshop for 10 games which include 

SNK Golf 

Dark Arms

Fatal Fury

Gal Fighters

King of Fighters R2

The Last Blade

Metal Slug 1st Mission

Metal Slug 2nd Mission

Samurai Shodown 2 

SNK vs Capcom

The SNK neogeo pocket color selection vol 1 is $40 on the eshop for 10 games which include
SNK Golf
Dark Arms
Fatal Fury
Gal Fighters
King of Fighters R2
The Last Blade
Metal Slug 1st Mission
Metal Slug 2nd Mission
Samurai Shodown 2
SNK vs Capcom
Still have my ngp, but I'll buy this as soon as it hits a sale.

I'm spoiled by Mega Picross as well. I'm almost done with Picross S1 finally. I love Miku (have a dollfie, massive number of nendos/figmas and a few scale figures), but I will likely wait till a sale. The Picross S games pack a lot for the puzzles for sure. I failed twice on one puzzle in different ways. Ah I love and hate when a puzzle gives me issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Miku Picross does have a launch discount, though it's still pretty expensive for the genre ($10.50 from MSRP of $14). Clearly what we need is a Dark Souls of Picross for true puzzle gamers™. I will also accept "Oops! All Mega Picross" or Roguelike Picross. (Honestly I think the only reason we haven't seen a procedurally generated Picross yet is that the devs all know it would make future Picross games obsolete.)

Honestly I think the only reason we haven't seen a procedurally generated Picross yet is that the devs all know it would make future Picross games obsolete.
There are some generators out there that make puzzles... it's not that much fun to play as the end result isn't a picture of anything and often they don't give you enough clues to solve even a basic 10x10 puzzle. At least with the picture specific versions, the name of the picture at least could give you a clue on the harder puzzles.

Miku Picross does have a launch discount, though it's still pretty expensive for the genre ($10.50 from MSRP of $14). Clearly what we need is a Dark Souls of Picross for true puzzle gamers™. I will also accept "Oops! All Mega Picross" or Roguelike Picross. (Honestly I think the only reason we haven't seen a procedurally generated Picross yet is that the devs all know it would make future Picross games obsolete.)
Pretty sure the challenges in Pokemon Picross are procedurally generated. The problem with procedural generation is making the picture recognizable as anything.

All these nintendo games getting ported for full price, $50 isnt expensive for this. Cult classic remastered that features a version we didn't get in America...playable on the go/pc now. They have my money.

I've played a bit of the Hatsune Miku Logic Paint game, which I was expecting to be a Jupiter game from the way it was described in here the other day. It seems to be an in-house game from the same company that makes the rhythm games.

It's been pretty easy so far with no real options to make it more challenging. It auto fills the X spots after you get the rest of the blocks marked correctly, which makes it aggressively newbie friendly. Every puzzle has three stars to earn for not messing up or not using hints, which Picross games already did with the star you'd get for no hints used. Completing puzzles is annoying since it begs you to check out the art piece it unlocks, which is unrelated to the puzzle you just did. There's plenty of the music in it, which clashes with my tendency to just turn off all audio ASAP when starting up a Picross game. They also let you choose from a bunch of the characters to have them hang out on the puzzle screen that doesn't seem to be for any reason other than cosmetic reasons. I'll report back on if the later puzzles are more of a challenge.

Overall, it's a lot more expensive than the Jupiter games without having as much content from what I can see.

Sorry guys; language barrier XD
I fixed my post.

Sounds wrong in my head "Buy 2 Get 1"; if I buy 2, at lease give me my 2 :D
Yeah but it's "buy 2, get 1 free." That tells me I get 1 free when I buy 2, meaning I get 3 total. Amazon's wording is even worse, since they say "get 3 for the price of 2." Price has a lot more variance when compared to quantity--though I'm kind of tempted to buy two $10 items and one $60 Switch game, then complain to customer service that the "price of 2" was $20. ;)

Went ahead and bought a Fire Emblem code from Amazon even though I don't have a Switch yet.  I plan to get the 'Pro' model when it's available.

Guys, RedDeerGames are giving away their game OMG Police just by participating in the Gleam contest:

https://twitter.com/GamesRedDeer/status/1372848121441624067
Earlier today I received an email with instructions on how to get my code for OMG Police from this giveaway. Since I wasn't was of the first 100 to enter (not by a longshot) I only get the one game.

Look for an email from sender Mateusz Sadowski <[email protected]> with the subject "OMG Police reward!"

Anyone have a sense for the rarity/demand for the Monster Hunter Rise steelbook. Wondering whether it’s better to preorder at BB or buy the game for $10 off at Walmart.

Already screwed up by cancelling my old B2G1 copy at Target and decided the MH Switch console wasn’t worth it with a new switch incoming coupled with the digital only copy that comes with it.

Anyone have a sense for the rarity/demand for the Monster Hunter Rise steelbook. Wondering whether it’s better to preorder at BB or buy the game for $10 off at Walmart.

Already screwed up by cancelling my old B2G1 copy at Target and decided the MH Switch console wasn’t worth it with a new switch incoming coupled with the digital only copy that comes with it.
just preorder it at bb and see if the steelbook is rare?

https://twitter.com/zen_studios/status/1374801942157828096

Bad news, they’re killing support for the current FX3 and all tables return but none you have purchased will carry over.

This is what Pinball Arcade had to die for? :(
Ooo and they're dropping the number, as if to say "We totally wont do the shenanigans we've done the past releases every couple years, for sure this will be the final version that will be continually upgraded and you wont have to rebuy everything for yet another time"

I await Pinball FX 2 in 2024 - The re-two-ening

Ooo and they're dropping the number, as if to say "We totally wont do the shenanigans we've done the past releases every couple years, for sure this will be the final version that will be continually upgraded and you wont have to rebuy everything for yet another time"

I am done with Zen studios. I have supported them buying all tables multiple times across platforms. No reason to continue if I need to buy AGAIN....nope, done with you....besides, the 96 tables that I have is plenty for the rest of my life,lol.

Bad news, they’re killing support for the current FX3 and all tables return but none you have purchased will carry over.
This is what Pinball Arcade had to die for? :(
They're already getting a lot of backlash for this. Hopefully they will at least offer a discount to upgrade.

I just bought a one year Nintendo Switch online subscription with wallet funds, and it gave me 300 Platinum Points, but I didn't get the 200 Gold Points that I was supposed to receive with the offer.

How long does it take for the Gold Points to show?  I was planning on buying a game with the Gold Points before the game goes off sale.

Edit: I just saw that you receive the 200 Gold Points within 14 days of purchase.  :bomb:

Any good cheap non-Nintendo games with a good online presence?  I'm already looking forward to playing Mario Aces.

I just bought a one year Nintendo Switch online subscription with wallet funds, and it gave me 300 Platinum Points, but I didn't get the 200 Gold Points that I was supposed to receive with the offer.

How long does it take for the Gold Points to show? I was planning on buying a game with the Gold Points before the game goes off sale.

Edit: I just saw that you receive the 200 Gold Points within 14 days of purchase. :bomb:

Any good cheap non-Nintendo games with a good online presence? I'm already looking forward to playing Mario Aces.
Not sure if the online presence is still strong or not, but killer queen black is a lot of fun.

How long does it take for the Gold Points to show? I was planning on buying a game with the Gold Points before the game goes off sale.

Edit: I just saw that you receive the 200 Gold Points within 14 days of purchase. :bomb:

Any good cheap non-Nintendo games with a good online presence? I'm already looking forward to playing Mario Aces.
It said 2 weeks but i purchased last week and it took about a week for the gold points to show up.

Also one and done, no real replay value from what I recall. Worth playing but very very short.
I'm personally waiting for a PC bundle. It seems like the perfect type of game for that. I do play short games sometimes like Florence (another well worth waiting for a bundle game), but they leave you hungry for more IMHO.

Guys, Baltoro is giving away for free the expansion packs of Urban Flow, Moto Rush and SNIPER if you own any of their games.

https://twitter.com/BaltoroGames/status/1374995906479722496?s=20

Also one and done, no real replay value from what I recall. Worth playing but very very short.
Isn't it still on Game Pass? I bought it for PSN for quick trophies last year, then played it again when it was on Game Pass. Took me about 2.5 hours to play the game and figure out the puzzles/trophies the first time I played it. Second time only took about 40 minutes, but I also skipped the dialog that time. There's zero replayability.

The game can be funny. Swallowing things with the hole is mildly satisfying, but emphasis is more on the story.

Guys, Baltoro is giving away for free the expansion packs of Urban Flow, Moto Rush and SNIPER if you own any of their games.

https://twitter.com/BaltoroGames/status/1374995906479722496?s=20
I was going to post about that... I just grabbed all three DLCs.

Urban Flow is supposed to be good -- I got it dirt cheap a while back during one of their wacky promos, but haven't played it yet. Urban Flow is supposedly the only good game they've published...

Pinball FX 3 will continue to be available on all platforms, along with the tables tied to it. You aren't losing anything. Just buy only new (or new to you) tables on the new Pinball FX. The existing tables you've purchased are unlikely to be so dramatically improved as to merit buying them again.

Welp. The Sanrio Animal Crossing amiibo came out. The prices people are asking on eBay are unreal. I could just buy some knock-offs for $11 on eBay... I wonder how hard they'll be to get from Target over the coming weeks. 

bread's done
Back