Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I remember buying the NES version, never using it, and then selling it to someone in Dubai for $300. What a nice system that was.
I still have my Famicom Micro complete in the box. Can't tell you where it is though. Too many years collecting, too many systems.

Battle Axe looks so good, but I'm going to get the physical version so I'm sure I'll have to wait 3-6 months to play it, uggh.

I do have New Pokemon Snap and R-Type Final 2 coming in this week though, which is nice.

I’ve never played a Picross game. What would be recommended for someone just starting out?
If you want to just try it out first, there's a Japanese Picross game on the SNES NSO app that is old and less forgiving than the modern entries. That game has a time limit for finishing puzzles and mistakes add to your time, so it's not indicative of the 3DS and Switch entries that have options to let you solve them without the game flipping out at every mistake. There is probably a demo of one of the recent Switch games that you could also check out, as well. You can jump in on any of the games, so you could start with the first and grab a new game when you need one. They're a good 40+ hours to do most of the content in the game, though I typically don't do much of the Mega Picross puzzles since they're rehashes of the main puzzles done in a different puzzle style.

I’ve never played a Picross game. What would be recommended for someone just starting out?
If you just want to dip your toe in and see what nonograms are all about, I recommend Konami’s PixelPuzzle on mobile. It’s entirely free, the ads are entirely non-intrusive, and it has a lot of content focusing on old Konami games. The only real problem is that there’s a pretty severe lack of challenge, but that’s probably a good thing if you’re just starting out.

And yes, I’m amazed as anyone that Konami put out something that isn’t godawful, let alone on mobile.

If you have a 3DS, the free-to-play Pokemon Picross has a good tutorial that you can get through very quickly, though the rest of the game is pretty unfriendly unless you start paying.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you find that you like the basic concept, I’d recommend grabbing either
1. any of the Picross S games for the core puzzle-solving experience.
2. Murder by Numbers, a very colorful murder investigation adventure game in the vein of Phoenix Wright, where your evidence gathering takes the form of picross puzzles, and lets you unlock standalone puzzles to do outside of the main plot.

If you have a 3DS around, you also have a couple of options to try the game out:

Pokemon Picross, a free-to-play version that should give you a basic gist (don’t recommend playing that one for the long run though).
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pokemon-picross-3ds/

Or redeem a fairly fully-featured Twilight Princess version fron My Nintendo for 1000 Platinum Coins.
https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/e0bd3a7355ae978b

The Twilight Princess picross game for 3DS is probably the best thing you can buy with platinum coins.

I really wanted that Picross RPG to be good.  Seems like a genre blend aching to happen.  I like Picross, but I want something more to keep me interested in it.  I've been playing Picross since the first US Game Boy release.  I've always sucked at it, too, so I probably only ever play 3/4 through a game!

I really wanted that Picross RPG to be good. Seems like a genre blend aching to happen. I like Picross, but I want something more to keep me interested in it. I've been playing Picross since the first US Game Boy release. I've always sucked at it, too, so I probably only ever play 3/4 through a game!
Some of those GBO Mario Picross puzzles are pretty difficult, actually. I picked it up last month and finished it a couple nights ago, and considering they’re only 15x15 grids with no gimmicks and a half hour time limit, there were a surprising number of them that got me down to under five minutes left on the timer.

Some of those GBO Mario Picross puzzles are pretty difficult, actually. I picked it up last month and finished it a couple nights ago, and considering they’re only 15x15 grids with no gimmicks and a half hour time limit, there were a surprising number of them that got me down to under five minutes left on the timer.
Jeez, I'm impressed you finished it! When it gets down to the harder ones, I end up fiddling the first 20 minutes, then end up screwing up terribly and rage-quitting. I don't remember if I was a young teen or what at the time, but whenever it was, there was some monochrome swearing and grunting coming from the backseat. Still not as frustrating as GTA tho...

Just got an email from My Nintendo where they gave me 100 platinum points for "Celebrating a year with Super Mario Bros."  

If only there were more than 3 items on the shop to get right now with the points I've got.  

Just got an email from My Nintendo where they gave me 100 platinum points for "Celebrating a year with Super Mario Bros."

If only there were more than 3 items on the shop to get right now with the points I've got.
Supposedly pokemon snap themed items will be in stock soonish.

Got some super fake Pokemon Advance games just for fun ($20 shipped). I'm not crazy enough to pay current rates for real games, but do have a (hopefully) legit set of GBC pokemon games and wanted to teach my kids a lesson on authentic vs fakes!  O:)

DOhC8wn.png

Regular version is $35.  Had to ask around to find out.  I wish they'd put that on the listing like they do with their other editions.

Supposedly pokemon snap themed items will be in stock soonish.
The Pokemon Letter Set is up along with a restock of the pens, memo pad, stickers, and Smash greeting cards. Shipping is $5 but you can combine multiple items into one order.

https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories/nintendo_store

There is still a Pokemon Zipper Case set that was teased but hasn't been listed yet. So redeem your points for the items now, but if you want the zipper case wait until that's up before placing your order so you only pay shipping once.

https://my.nintendo.com/news/d9bbd08a8f4ed4b0

Right, I'm saying it's right there in the listing, didn't have to "ask around"
I'm talking about their tweet announcing it which is what Frisky posted. No price in the image unless I'm just blind.. and as bad as I feel today (2nd moderna shot was yesterday)... it's totally cool if I'm completely wrong and just not seeing it. They posted the listing to their website at some point after the tweet.

https://twitter.com/Konami/status/1387824065621094400

I'm talking about their tweet announcing it which is what Frisky posted. No price in the image unless I'm just blind.. and as bad as I feel today (2nd moderna shot was yesterday)... it's totally cool if I'm completely wrong and just not seeing it. They posted the listing to their website at some point after the tweet.
Sorry you're not feeling good, I got my 2nd Pfizer last week so I know the feeling. Wasn't trying to argue with you or anything, just clicking the link in the tweet showed me the price on their website so wasn't sure if that was updated later after your response (sounds like it was). Hope you feel better soon.

I haven't seen it mentioned and searched for it, but Culdcept for 3DS is on sale for $4.99. This is a cult hit often described as Magic: The Gathering meets Monopoly. The PS2 and Xbox 360 installments go for around $40 on eBay, so to get the latest installment for a fiver beggars belief. It is quite good if you're into card games - if you want to try out the game, the demo on Xbox 360 is still available.

RPG Maker is also great for $5, but that's not really a game. It is a great value if you want to tinker around with making your own game. The new versions on PC cost $80 when they first release, so if you're willing to devote some hours to making and playing your own game, it feels gratifying when you create your own stuff.

I haven't seen it mentioned and searched for it, but Culdcept for 3DS is on sale for $4.99. This is a cult hit often described as Magic: The Gathering meets Monopoly. The PS2 and Xbox 360 installments go for around $40 on eBay, so to get the latest installment for a fiver beggars belief. It is quite good if you're into card games - if you want to try out the game, the demo on Xbox 360 is still available.

RPG Maker is also great for $5, but that's not really a game. It is a great value if you want to tinker around with making your own game. The new versions on PC cost $80 when they first release, so if you're willing to devote some hours to making and playing your own game, it feels gratifying when you create your own stuff.
Thank you for reminding me to check the 3DS sales, I think I forgot last week.

wasn't aware of that and bought it. Thank you for sharing.

I also bought pq2 19.99 ds2 9.99, soul hackers 9.99 as well.

I want to get some Atlus games, Culdcept and Radiant Historia and a few SMT things... ugh. why. I wish they'd just re-release on Switch! Anyway, I can't find my 3DS (!), and if I try to buy on the web site digitally, it takes me to "page not found" whenever I put my password in. I am stumped. Guess I could try a different browser. But I already feel sad enough paying $20 for 3DS stuff (and Culdcept just because I love it).

Edit: That worked... now to just find my 3DS and never play them. But when there are re-releases on switch of SMT IV, SMT Strange Journey, Radiant Historia, and Culdcept... you can thank me for taking one for the team up my broke ass. I never pay $60 for a new game, but I'll spend $60 on 3DS games when I can't find my 3DS? jeez.

If it makes you feel any better, the 3DS still has a better library than the Switch by a couple orders of magnitude, so it gives you an excuse to go back to playing that instead.

If it makes you feel any better, the 3DS still has a better library than the Switch by a couple orders of magnitude, so it gives you an excuse to go back to playing that instead.
My New 2DS XL started getting more play after I found out how much the 3DS/2DS family of systems is worth now.

I also tend to play it more before bed than my Switch since I prefer the Switch to be docked.

Anyway, here is the search link to the Shin Megami Tensei and Persona Q 3DS games:

https://www.nintendo.com/search/#category=all&page=1&query=shin+megami+tensei

https://www.nintendo.com/search/#category=all&page=1&query=persona+q

And, here is the search link to the Etrian Odyssey 3DS games:

https://www.nintendo.com/search/#category=all&page=1&query=etrian+odyssey

It's depressing that there is so little emphasis on backward compatibility. I know it would be a challenge with 3DS, but when there are so many great titles that slipped through the cracks, it's depressing. Also, I can't find my 3DS! If I actually lost it somewhere, I am totally screwed!!!

My New 2DS XL started getting more play after I found out how much the 3DS/2DS family of systems is worth now.

I also tend to play it more before bed than my Switch since I prefer the Switch to be docked.

Anyway, here is the search link to the Shin Megami Tensei and Persona Q 3DS games:

https://www.nintendo.com/search/#category=all&page=1&query=shin+megami+tensei

https://www.nintendo.com/search/#category=all&page=1&query=persona+q

And, here is the search link to the Etrian Oddyssey 3DS games:

https://www.nintendo.com/search/#category=all&page=1&query=etrian+odyssey
I didn't buy all those because... well... i don't know. I hoard and I'm trying not to. But they are excellent (the ones I've played and countless hours sunk into).

I think I will finally pick this up for that price, been passing on it since I have no one to play with.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses is $40 digital on Amazon, Gamestop, Best Buy (not sure why... not on the eshop)

Same with Super Mario Bros Wii U Deluxe Switch Cash-in Version

I bought both because I've realized Nintendo shit never goes on sale and I should buy it when it first comes out if I want it.  So, they will soon be 50% off on the eshop I'm sure.

Regret not getting Link's Awakening for $40...

Picked up the Double Dragon and Kunio Kun retro brawler bundle

$10 includes 18 retro games

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/double-dragon-and-kunio-kun-retro-brawler-bundle-switch/

Classic Titles
・DOUBLE DRAGON
・DOUBLE DRAGON Ⅱ
・DOUBLE DRAGON Ⅲ
・Renegade
・Super Dodge Ball
・River City Ransom
・Crash'n the Boys Street Challenge

Classic Titles (unreleased in North America)
・Nekketsu Renegade Kunio-kun
・Nekketsu High School Dodgeball Club
・Downtown Nekketsu Story
・Nekketsu High School Dodgeball Club - Soccer Story
・Downtown Nekketsu March Super-Awesome Field Day!
・Downtown Special Kunio-kun's Historical Period Drama!
・Go-Go! Nekketsu Hockey Club Slip-and-Slide Madness
・Surprise! Nekketsu New Records! The Distant Gold Medal
・Nekketsu Fighting Legend
・Kunio-kun's Nekketsu Soccer League
・Nekketsu! Street Basketball All-Out Dunk Heroes

Fire Emblem: Three Houses is $40 digital on Amazon, Gamestop, Best Buy (not sure why... not on the eshop)

Same with Super Mario Bros Wii U Deluxe Switch Cash-in Version

I bought both because I've realized Nintendo shit never goes on sale and I should buy it when it first comes out if I want it. So, they will soon be 50% off on the eshop I'm sure.

Regret not getting Link's Awakening for $40...
I bought a Switch in October 2020 and have learned this too unfortunately. Nintendo games typically discount to $50 at Walmart consistently or down to $40 during major sales. There are rare times first party games go below $40 (Mario vs Rabbids) but it is not totally predictable. If you really like a game and will play it within a year of purchase then you may as well get it for $50 at Walmart. If you like a game but can wait, then you could consider waiting for it to drop to $40 (I did this for BOTW, Fire Emblem 3H, Mario Odyssey, Octopath Traveler, etc).

Sometimes Nintendo announces limited time-sales (Mario 3D All-stars and Fire Emblem old school re-release) and those games are unlikely to get discounted. You are better off buying them if you can find them in stock as once they stop selling new cartidges and pull them from digital stores the price is likely to increase.

I bought a Switch in October 2020 and have learned this too unfortunately. Nintendo games typically discount to $50 at Walmart consistently or down to $40 during major sales. There are rare times first party games go below $40 (Mario vs Rabbids) but it is not totally predictable. If you really like a game and will play it within a year of purchase then you may as well get it for $50 at Walmart. If you like a game but can wait, then you could consider waiting for it to drop to $40 (I did this for BOTW, Fire Emblem 3H, Mario Odyssey, Octopath Traveler, etc).

Sometimes Nintendo announces limited time-sales (Mario 3D All-stars and Fire Emblem old school re-release) and those games are unlikely to get discounted. You are better off buying them if you can find them in stock as once they stop selling new cartidges and pull them from digital stores the price is likely to increase.
I really blew it with Mario Vs Rabbids, actually. I was super into the concept, grabbed it full price with season pass thinking it will never go down in price!!! But... of course... this is actually a Ubisoft game, so it has for sure dropped down into the deal range we're familiar with from non-Nintendo stuff, and I still haven't played it.

bread's done
Back