Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Fire Emblem: Three Houses is $40 digital on Amazon, Gamestop, Best Buy (not sure why... not on the eshop)

Same with Super Mario Bros Wii U Deluxe Switch Cash-in Version

I bought both because I've realized Nintendo shit never goes on sale and I should buy it when it first comes out if I want it. So, they will soon be 50% off on the eshop I'm sure.

Regret not getting Link's Awakening for $40...
link's awakening and three houses were $30 on BF

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad to report that they fucked up the Hatsune Miku Logic Paint S picross game in a recent update that removed the ability to drag the cursor to mark multiple spots in a row. You can still do that for painting blocks, but not when you're trying to mark them for seeing which spots to paint or those you're sure are not painted. There are no options in the settings that affect them, so there's no way to get those abilities back. They did add an Assist option that keeps the numbers on the sides from graying as you get them right, but that's it from what I can tell. Disappointing update overall that makes it more annoying to play the game.

I've never played any fire emblem game but I love Into the Breach and the Advanced Wars games. Is three houses a good pickup?

Also, playing on a switch lite, if readability might be a factor. Thanks!

I've never played any fire emblem game but I love Into the Breach and the Advanced Wars games. Is three houses a good pickup?
If you like Advance Wars, the closer RPG to that is Langrisser. It even has the 10 men vs 10 men battle presentation. There's a demo for it on Switch. But the modern art in it is crappy. You'll want to change the settings to classic art.

I really blew it with Mario Vs Rabbids, actually. I was super into the concept, grabbed it full price with season pass thinking it will never go down in price!!! But... of course... this is actually a Ubisoft game, so it has for sure dropped down into the deal range we're familiar with from non-Nintendo stuff, and I still haven't played it.
Yeah. I did something similar in buying it for $20 physical before knowing it would drop to $15. I even ended up buying it digitally for $10 as well since I am lazy and don't like getting up to change cartridges. The only reason I still prefer physical is that I am leery of losing my digital games if stores shut down and typically physical games get better discounts.

Also in the distant future when these consoles become obsolete, most likely the games will be playable digitally by "other" unofficial means if you catch my drift. I know that future may already be here in some instances but I like the original hardware experience and supporting the devs if I can.

I randomly played Advance Wars and loved the game/concept. I have enjoyed X-COM and strategy games in the past and tactical games just feel more rewarding than other genres for me. I have always wanted to try Fire Emblem and recently started FE 3 Houses. It is pretty good and the story is interesting to motivate you to keep playing. You get a lot of content for the price if you want to experience all the different routes offered in the game. I would recommend it for sure.

The only thing I will warn you about though is that there are a lot of times you won't be in battle and just talking to characters in a monastery. If you are someone who is put off by Anime or the fake socializing aspect (Persona games) then you may not click with it. These non-battle portions of the game serve as a way of fleshing out the story and backgrounds of the individual characters.

Another game similar to Advance Wars would be Wargroove. I believe that game is like a medieval version of Advance Wars. I own it but it is in my backlog still. It got a lot of favorable reviews.

3H was overall okay in my book. Some high production values in some aspects but some serious shortcomings in others. I would not recommend it as a starting point to FE. If you have a 3ds available, I would strongly recommend starting with FE Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. It's my favorite game in the series but also gives you a feel for the franchise legacy. Awakening would also be a solid choice.

I liked Into the Breach enough to unlock everything, but for me its genre is best identified as a puzzle game than a tactical rpg.

I liked Into the Breach enough to unlock everything, but for me its genre is best identified as a puzzle game than a tactical rpg.
Okay, thanks to you and to others who replied. I'm often worried about missing out on a sale and finding out after the fact that I should have jumped on it, and that was my motivation here, too.

It seems like maybe I should just play wargroove instead of 3H, since I'm totally going to be put off by socializing and story development. I do have a 3DS so I'll keep an eye out for that Fire Emblem title, too.

I have a feeling a large portion of Mario + Rabbids sales are from people who have no idea what it is but can't pass on a Mario game that somehow is only $15.

I have a feeling a large portion of Mario + Rabbids sales are from people who have no idea what it is but can't pass on a Mario game that somehow is only $15.
Ha, you’re probably right. Luckily it’s a pretty great game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3H was overall okay in my book. Some high production values in some aspects but some serious shortcomings in others. I would not recommend it as a starting point to FE. If you have a 3ds available, I would strongly recommend starting with FE Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. It's my favorite game in the series but also gives you a feel for the franchise legacy. Awakening would also be a solid choice.

seconded on awakening since it's a much better game for first timers to ease into.

Shadow dragon ds would be another one as it would be one of the most dated you could play besides the port of the original on the switch. It has permadeath past the tutorial chapters though.

echoes is alright but I'm not sure it'd make a good first impression thanks to the stupid monster spawns and the guide dang it plot triggers at times. Oh and the horrible swamp and desert maps that you trudge through with summoners summoning eyeballs infinitely. If you do decide to play echoes make sure to grab that free pitchfork dlc so you can reclass characters. And make them ladies into fliers so you'll have an easier time on those maps. And make sure to leave the one female character in the village and have her recruited by the female lead cel instead of alm since she'll be more useful on her route as a flier while he's got easier maps.

FE: Three Houses remains my favorite Switch game, but I found the out of combat stuff hilariously entertaining, especially the "relationships" that made it feel like basically every character was involved in a love triangle. 

I bought the cart at Gamestop for $15 and then the DLC on sale for $7.49 and was all excited and promptly forgot all about it because of the massive amount of games we are spoiled to have nowadays and the fact that was lucky enough to get a PS5 and Series X so yeah, I need to put some time aside for the Rabbids and Mario.

Into the Breach for me is probably my second favorite game on the switch. The only game I like more is Slay the Spire. On the surface the two games look very different but they are both very deep turn based strategy games. In both you know what your enemy is going to do and you have to counter it. I love both and I would recommend slay the spire to anyone who likes into the breach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xenoblade Chronicles DE on sale at GameStop for $29.99 today.

Got it clearanced from Walmart earlier this year. Went into the game knowing almost nothing about it and didn't feel like it would appeal to me and I would just flip it. PLEASANTLY surprised that it's actually fantastic.

Xenoblade Chronicles DE on sale at GameStop for $29.99 today.

Got it clearanced from Walmart earlier this year. Went into the game knowing almost nothing about it and didn't feel like it would appeal to me and I would just flip it. PLEASANTLY surprised that it's actually fantastic.
That's cool. It does seem to be the best Xenoblade game, though I also liked Xenoblade X. I'm still trying to get used to some of the things behind Xenoblade 2 before I play through it, so can't really judge it vs. Xenoblade 2, however. Xenoblade X kind of reminded me of Zelda Breath of the Wild.

That's cool. It does seem to be the best Xenoblade game, though I also liked Xenoblade X. I'm still trying to get used to some of the things behind Xenoblade 2 before I play through it, so can't really judge it vs. Xenoblade 2, however. Xenoblade X kind of reminded me of Zelda Breath of the Wild.
Xenoblade X had the best world, but the worst story, characters, weapons... well everything else. Still a solid game though. Been playing XBC2 in chunks for a couple years. It's not all time great like the original, but its good fun. Seems to drag though. I'll finish it this year hopefully. Lol!

Apparently Nintendo grabbed some of the developers from Monolith to work on Breath of the Wild, so the comparison is appropriate.

Most definitely. $29.99 is way too much for some slightly enhanced graphics and higher resolution.
I'm fine with a $30 price point for stuff like this (especially if physical). It gives us a much better price point to start sales from versus the $50 or $60 a lot of ports end up like. Modernizing it for current screens is a pretty big plus in my book as is he convenience of the switch hybrid platform.

Ahh, my prediction was wrong, and now I look like a fool. ;P
Nope, you don't look like a fool. Luckily they were just a little smarter than some. But even then, it's sort of like paying $15 for Zombies Ate My Neighbors, because I'm not sure Ghoul Patrol is a big draw.

And also, you were correct that I will whine about Baldur's Gate: DA, but part of that is I have no interest in it. Without some mechanics updates, it is going to feel very outdated indeed and was never particularly in-date. It has a lot more competition now than it did then.

And I don't even care that much, so people who actually give a turd might even rail bitterly, and I don't blame them. On the other hand, if they like the game, at least it exists.

And if the Zombies two-pack were a Square Super Famicom RPG two-pack of stuff that had never been released in the US before, I'd be grabbing it asap. (And lets be real, Sq-En would be charging $29.99 you predicted if not more)

Zombies Ate My Neighbors was pretty nice and makes a great co-op game. It's OK single player, but I wouldn't recommend it. I also agree Ghoul Patrol is not amazing, so the pack is main ZAMY. Will wait for a heavy discount unless I can get a co-op player about 100% of the time for it. It gets pretty hard too.

bread's done
Back