Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Scott Pilgrim is back in stock. I ordered that and the Mario Rabbids Season Pass to finally play the Donkey Kong DLC. Total ended up being $10.
They restocked everything. Last night I ordered Assassin Creed Rebel collection for $10 after the forward code and got $2 worth of gold coins after the redemption. I didn't want to post until I actually for the code.

As a warning, credit card payment seems to go through quickly while my PayPal transaction didn't generate a receipt or code until nearly 12 hours later. Reddit indicates similar experiences for others using apple pay.

They restocked everything. Last night I ordered Assassin Creed Rebel collection for $10 after the forward code and got $2 worth of gold coins after the redemption. I didn't want to post until I actually for the code.

As a warning, credit card payment seems to go through quickly while my PayPal transaction didn't generate a receipt or code until nearly 12 hours later. Reddit indicates similar experiences for others using apple pay.
Can the code be used more than once or is it one time use per account?

The secondary sources piggybacking off the Bloomberg article were saying before E3 but a few walked that back already.
I’ve seen quite a few articles now questioning the existence of the Pro/Super model … but wouldn’t it make the most sense for Nintendo to announce it first during their E3/Direct and then go into all the games you can play on it?

We know from past mid-generation upgrades from Nintendo that it won’t have a huge number of exclusives for the revised Switch (perhaps a handful), but it’s still a big deal and would be odd for Nintendo to just throw out the upgraded system without much fanfare.

If I were a gambling man, I’d say they announce the new console first and then games that are enhanced by it. I’m still thinking BotW 2 makes a holiday release and it will be heavily tied in with the enhanced performance from the new Switch revision.

People seem to say you can us it in multiple separate orders. Haven't tried it personally
Thanks just tried and it worked. Got both assassin's Creed games for $10 each, both came with 200 gold coins. Also grabbed Scott pilgrim and the Mario rabbits season pass for about $10. Scott pilgrim did not include gold coins for some reason but Mario rabbits season pass included 100 gold coins.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve seen quite a few articles now questioning the existence of the Pro/Super model … but wouldn’t it make the most sense for Nintendo to announce it first during their E3/Direct and then go into all the games you can play on it?

We know from past mid-generation upgrades from Nintendo that it won’t have a huge number of exclusives for the revised Switch (perhaps a handful), but it’s still a big deal and would be odd for Nintendo to just throw out the upgraded system without much fanfare.

If I were a gambling man, I’d say they announce the new console first and then games that are enhanced by it. I’m still thinking BotW 2 makes a holiday release and it will be heavily tied in with the enhanced performance from the new Switch revision.
I feel like BOTW 2 will be released on the same day as the new Switch and Gamepass is not coming to Switch, but that Master Chief is coming to Smash and that was what Phil Spencer was hinting at.

Did they have regular size new 3DSes in the US outside that Mario edition, which I think was a limited edition TRU exclusive?
I believe they the first one they released in the US was the Happy Home Designer (Animal Crossing) one. That's the one I purchased. It had all of the interchangable faceplates.

Thanks just tried and it worked. Got both assassin's Creed games for $10 each, both came with 200 gold coins. Also grabbed Scott pilgrim and the Mario rabbits season pass for about $10. Scott pilgrim did not include gold coins for some reason but Mario rabbits season pass included 100 gold coins.
If only they sold codes for things like the Immortals Season Pass for consoles on there. That would be an amazing deal.

I discovered that people on Slickdeals were using the UbiSoft deal to buy Switch digital games last night. I was able to order Scott Pilgrim, UNO, Rayman: Definitive Edition, and both Assassin's Creed games for Switch along with most of the Far Cry PC titles yesterday.

My UNO code still hasn't shown up yet, and I will probably never play any of the Far Cry games since I have them all on Xbox, but UbiSoft is offering amazing deals with this sale. I'm sure the company's seeing more purchases in the past few days than it's seen in years.

Yeah im not sure if we'll see this again from the ubi store. Bought $30 worth of stuff earlier. But mostly pc content. Switch is a great platform for stuff like rayman and child of light.. but would be my last choice for playing an open world ubi game.

Yeah im not sure if we'll see this again from the ubi store. Bought $30 worth of stuff earlier. But mostly pc content. Switch is a great platform for stuff like rayman and child of light.. but would be my last choice for playing an open world ubi game.
I only bought the Assassin's Creed games because they've never been that low on the eShop or at retail. As usual, I don't have the room to download either of them on my micro SD card, but I figured that they will probably not go that low again. I might add the Mario Rabbids season pass, but the base game has never seemed interesting to me even though it's been on sale a hundred times before.

And I got a bunch of free Lenovo PCs at work that were about to be recycled a while back, so I should probably download the Far Cry games after I wipe and reformat them since I now have the space to do so. But I've never actually used the Ubi PC client before.

So Assassin's Creed Black Flag is the first assassin's creed game I've ever played. Judge all you want, won't change reality for me. And speaking of reality:

Imagine my extreme confusion when traveling to a restricted area and getting "desynchronized" with flashy computer effects in pirate times, and then looking in the menus and seeing "end simulation." Wait, what?

Not only is that dumb, it's not explained anywhere. What's going on here?

So Assassin's Creed Black Flag is the first assassin's creed game I've ever played. Judge all you want, won't change reality for me. And speaking of reality:

Imagine my extreme confusion when traveling to a restricted area and getting "desynchronized" with flashy computer effects in pirate times, and then looking in the menus and seeing "end simulation." Wait, what?

Is that the ending? :shock:

Assassin's Creed has some dumb modern day plot where some other character is hooked up to some VR-like stuff so they can experience the life of an assassin in the past. Or something. It's a common thread between all of the games, though I think that character changes eventually (I've played the Ezio trilogy and Odyssey, and the modern day characters were different).

Assassin's Creed has some dumb modern day plot where some other character is hooked up to some VR-like stuff so they can experience the life of an assassin in the past. Or something. It's a common thread between all of the games, though I think that character changes eventually (I've played the Ezio trilogy and Odyssey, and the modern day characters were different).
There's a drug that somehow allows you to experience the lives of your ancestors through your DNA or some junk like that. Half of my knowledge of this franchise comes from the equally bad movie with Michael Fassbender.

I mean, the gameplay is pretty good. Just don't think too much about how impossible the story is.

Ha, yeah that would be confusing. I’ve not played any of the games but I’ve gleaned over the years that in the AC games the “action”/“historical” parts are a simulation of sorts, and the “modern time”/“boring” parts explain why you’re spending all your time in that simulation. Something about Templars being bad, not sure how being in a simulation fixes that though. Oh well, I have less than zero interest in finding out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems to be the framing device for the entire series of games. Maybe it was the ending of the first game? Dunno.

Kinda silly. Nothing feels lower stakes than playing a simulation inside a video game. On the other hand it's pretty fun and I'm only interested in gameplay.

It’s literally the first thing that happens in the first game lol.
It’s kind of important, I wonder why that’s like the only one they’ve never rereleased. Onboarding into this series is kinda rough.

Kinda silly. Nothing feels lower stakes than playing a simulation inside a video game. On the other hand it's pretty fun and I'm only interested in gameplay.
The other games usually put more pressure on you on the “present day” story right away. Black Flag kinda drip-feeds you the stakes as you go along.

Super excited for a new Mario + Rabbits game, although I am reluctant to pay anything close to full price for it, so will probably wait a bit to play. But the first game was really great.

https://www.devolvermaxpassplus.com/

Devolver set up a site making fun of subscription services that has info on all of the games they anounced. The Switch games:

Wizard With A Gun

Galvanic Games

Wizard with a Gun is an online cooperative sandbox survival game set in a magical wilderness wrought with dangerous creatures and arcane mysteries. Embark on a journey alone or with friends to collect, craft, and outfit your wizard however you see fit as you explore the unknown. Carefully design weapons, bullets, and furnishings for your tower home but try not to burn it all down as the magic you wield escalates beyond your control.

COMING TO NINTENDO SWITCH AND PC IN 2022 Trailer

Demon Throttle

Doinksoft

Introducing Demon Throttle by developer Doinksoft, the creators of Gato Roboto. Coming to Nintendo Switch as a physical box set - and only a physical box set - through our friends at Special Reserve Games.

Demon Throttle tells the story of a beautiful vampiress and dusty gunslinger on a quest for vengeance against a demon that stole her mystical chalices and slept with his estranged wife. Now the two unlikely companions must blast their way through four monstrous generals and their wicked domains to lift the demon's curse and exact their revenge.

COMING TO NINTENDO SWITCH IN 2022 Trailer Pre-order
Here are the various Mario + Rabbids trailers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5XP2mJlJF0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krnZL-E-LXA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31jZijtAV8o

There's a drug that somehow allows you to experience the lives of your ancestors through your DNA or some junk like that. Half of my knowledge of this franchise comes from the equally bad movie with Michael Fassbender.

I mean, the gameplay is pretty good. Just don't think too much about how impossible the story is.
I was semi-willing to accept the absurdity of your memories being stored in your dna and passed down to your kids; except that then they started included your memories from after the child was born. How in time-travel bs is that supposed to work?

I was semi-willing to accept the absurdity of your memories being stored in your dna and passed down to your kids; except that then they started included your memories from after the child was born. How in time-travel bs is that supposed to work?
Even in the past you would have to be doing exactly what your ancestors did or it wouldn't be a memory...

Nanomachine, it's the nanomachine.

Even in the past you would have to be doing exactly what your ancestors did or it wouldn't be a memory...
The memory tech literally drops you into a Ubisoft open-world game where it allows you to move freely within a certain margin of error within the memory, to the point where around AC3 and Black Flag they literally start selling videogames out of the stuff within the game’s world. It gets pretty wonderfully silly.

The whole overarching story of AC is that they use the Animus to relive their ancestor’s memories to find special artifacts of great power.

1, the ezio trilogy and 3 makes up what I think was the originally planned story. After that, starting with Black Flag, the sort of just did whatever they wanted with the story since most people didn’t seem to care about the modern stuff.

Target has a few deals in the new weekly ad for Nintendo fans.

They are offering buy 1, get 1 for 10% off on gaming cards including Nintendo eShop.

And you can get a free 12 month Nintendo Online subscription with the purchase of a Sandisk 128 gb micro SDXC card.

https://www.target.com/p/sandisk-128gb-microsdxc-memory-card-licensed-for-nintendo-switch/-/A-78140794#lnk=sametab
If you add the family sub to your cart by itself then delete it from your cart, the memory card shows up in your cart for under $2. I can't get the checkout to work with it though. If anyone feels like trying please post your success strategy.

The whole overarching story of AC is that they use the Animus to relive their ancestor’s memories to find special artifacts of great power.

1, the ezio trilogy and 3 makes up what I think was the originally planned story. After that, starting with Black Flag, the sort of just did whatever they wanted with the story since most people didn’t seem to care about the modern stuff.
I think I am the only person on the internet or in the world who actually misses the modern day storyline lol. I have played every AC game and had hoped that the modern day story line could help tie together all of these games and reward me for playing them all.

I think I am the only person on the internet or in the world who actually misses the modern day storyline lol. I have played every AC game and had hoped that the modern day story line could help tie together all of these games and reward me for playing them all.
As the series has progressed (I'm currently playing Syndicate) the modern sections have increasingly becomes this weird vestigial limb. Not to yuck your yum, but I'm one of the people who wouldn't mind seeing it go. Surely they can put those resources elsewhere, right?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

When they killed off the guy it was all tied to and his memory DNA is a part of all of the evil tech company's tools that they use to make AC games with Ubisoft, it is no longer an interesting part of the storyline unless they somehow kept going with the video game developer thing and got really weird and meta with that. Nothing tops the ending revelations of AC2 and they didn't really capitalize on that with what they did in AC3, so I barely notice the out of simulation parts of the games now.

The modern day storyline could have used better gameplay segments … it always felt sort of tacked on. Maybe if they eventually arrived at some kind of “futuristic assassins creed - ala Cyberpunk” then all those sections in the older games would have paid off … but yeah, switching characters and making it less relevant in later games kind of killed any of that momentum.

If you add the family sub to your cart by itself then delete it from your cart, the memory card shows up in your cart for under $2. I can't get the checkout to work with it though. If anyone feels like trying please post your success strategy.
I was planning to try this in store since I need to return an unopened 128 gb card that I bought at Target and re-buy to get the deal. I figure they won't try to weasel out of the deal while I'm at the store. Someone in the Target thread suggested adding the memory card first and then adding the subscription card second.

Both 12 month family membership and 128GB memory card were showing at full price in my cart until the final step of checkout.

Mario maker and scarlet red refurbished 2ds are in stock at nintendo
Just checked and was about to post the same. Scarlet must have sold out only Mario Maker was there:

[EDIT]

and clicking the link... it's now gone too. That was fast. My 2ds showed up today... so I'm probably good with just it... but I'm still checking and thinking about a backup to my backup because I have a pretty solid DS/3DS library.

How are y’all keeping up with the restocks on the Nintendo store? I’d love to grab a 2DS for my little man.

Also - anyone played Doki Doki on here that would recommend it? It doesn’t look like a horror game at all.

bread's done
Back