Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Clamshell destroys upper screens though and I don't think they ever fixed it.
Screen protectors are cheap enough.
You can also put little rubber feet in the corners to help raise the top screen further from the bottom. On my N3DSXL, I just use screen protectors and haven't had any issues. On my previous 3DSXL, the issue was worse so I used two rubber feet from an old Xbox 360 and that prevented scratching.

Just read about a potential leak for a Castlevania Advance Collection … sounds pretty sweet.
Those were some of my favorite Castlevania games, although Circle of the Moon was a bit weak. The other 2 were excellent.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can also put a bit of cloth like an eye glass cleaner wipe in there before closing the New 2DS XL and that'll protect the screens.  But screen protectors are the best option.

I'm 100% down for  a Castlevania Advance collection.

Those were some of my favorite Castlevania games, although Circle of the Moon was a bit weak. The other 2 were excellent.
I really enjoyed Circle of the Moon. The only issue I had was that it predated backlit GBA's, so it was hard to make out the details unless you were playing with a really good light source. Harmony of Dissonance was my least favorite of the GBA series, and it had a pretty bad soundtrack by series standards.

You can also put little rubber feet in the corners to help raise the top screen further from the bottom. On my N3DSXL, I just use screen protectors and haven't had any issues. On my previous 3DSXL, the issue was worse so I used two rubber feet from an old Xbox 360 and that prevented scratching.
That sounds like a better fix and I think I've seen it mentioned before. Certainly better than screen protectors since the bottom will just cut into those instead.

Using a glass screen protector for the top display is a good solution.
No it's a bandaid at best. It still doesn't fix the problem of the bottom screen scratching the top when closed. It scratching the screen protector isn't a solution let alone a good one.

If the plastics on the bottom are able to scratch a hard glass screen protector, you've got some serious dirt on your controls.
Dirt has nothing to do with the bottom screen scratching the top. And the controls aren't the problem.

Honestly I don't know what you are going on about with this part.

Dirt has nothing to do with the bottom screen scratching the top. And the controls aren't the problem.
Honestly I don't know what you are going on about with this part.
I've never seen 9H glass scratched by plastic. Grains of sand (a specific type of dirt)? Of course. But I've never seen clean plastic scratch a quality glass screen protector.

do all refurb 2ds' come with a blue stylus? weird that they wouldn't send a brown stylus with the zelda 2ds since they sell the brown stylus in the store.

if the 2ds xl comes back, is it worth double the price of the 2ds?
Yes, I would say so. I've owned an original 3DS, a 2DS, and a 2DS XL. I prefer the 2DS XL to the others. The screens are way larger, and the clamshell design is much more comfortable to hold. The 2DS isn't bad if you can't get a 3DS XL or a 2DSXL since the prices are usually high for all of them at this point.

I have a screen protector on the top and bottom screen, stylus still works and don't have a single scratch on either screen and I've had it for years.
Same. Have the OoT 3DS and Hyrule Edition 3DS XL, and both have cheap Hori knockoff screen protectors on the screens. No scratches on any screen. It's a good idea to get some so you can protect the screen when playing tap games.

GBA Castlevania collection re-release could definitely incorporate the DS games. Those cartridges contained paltry amounts of data. Plus, how can you have Aria of Sorrow but not Dawn of Sorrow? Two of the best Castlevania games to date.

A bit late on the top screen issue. But I recall it only affected the OG "cake layer" 3DS models given how the bottom screen's bezel has that ever so slightly raised edge that could touch the screen. One of the best fixes I found, though kinda ugly, is to put rubber or felt pads on the corner of the top part of the 3DS to give it that slight buffer when you close it, lessening the chance of that bezel touching the top part of the screen. Owning an OG 3DS, N3DS (Black Friday), and N2DS (Hylian Shield), only the OG had that issue.

I'm getting really annoyed with not being able to play anything I've downloaded in the last week. Anyone else not able to download games after the recent firmware update? Ugh they need to fix this ASAP

I'm getting really annoyed with not being able to play anything I've downloaded in the last week. Anyone else not able to download games after the recent firmware update? Ugh they need to fix this ASAP
Here's some info and tips on it. I was finally able to download a few games just by trying to get it going about 29 times and not playing anything once it started.

I think my Wii has trouble displaying colors at 480p component resolution, so I'm looking into upgrading to a Wii U while keeping all my original Wii games and accessories. 

Best way to obtain a complete Wii U system?

I had problems, but I just kept mashing the A button over and over (as if I were playing a game where rapidly pressing A did something) on an update to a game and since then it seems like everything I've tried has worked. Last night I downloaded an update to Assassins Creed III (after putting the cart in for the first time) as well as hit the eshop and grabbed a few demos for other games. No problems.

I play on the Pro controller. Dont feel like playing $$$ for the drum. It’s still a fun game.
Picked it up. Plays fine on a pro controller. Drum would be cool, but not worth the money to me either.

I don't like the notes coming from right to left though. Hard for my head to keep focus (though my health is weird, so probably not a problem for most). I prefer the way Miku rhythm games have notes appear.

That this includes "A Cruel Angel's Thesis" is reason enough to get it ^^

I think my Wii has trouble displaying colors at 480p component resolution, so I'm looking into upgrading to a Wii U while keeping all my original Wii games and accessories.

I'd try using Offer Up (used marketplace app) see if anyone has one locally.

I bought Part Time UFO and Alwa's Awakening and couldn't download them on my main Switch or Switch Lite.
I found that holding down the power button and doing a full system restart helped fixed the problem for me.

I got one off Mercari a year or two ago.

People... resellers that is... have caught on and are probably monitoring that page for changes with a script or something.  Or they are just paying close attention since that new 2ds xl showing up is right within the time frame of pretty much all the other deals.

Has Nintendo ever allowed digital purchases to be played on a different system? I don’t mean another 3DS family system but Wii to Wii U, Wii U to Switch, 3DS to Switch, etc?

Has Nintendo ever allowed digital purchases to be played on a different system? I don’t mean another 3DS family system but Wii to Wii U, Wii U to Switch, 3DS to Switch, etc?
At best they had some smaller 3DS/Wii U games where upon purchase they would issue you a code for the other version of it. They also sold Smash DLC this way.

They never really did the standard, less exploitable thing and just register the other version of those directly to your account.

Yeah, but it was more like you sacrificed your Wii to move over its library to Wii U. No redownloads on the old system and no transfers back.

EDIT: New Game Trial coming up. Fuser is rad, try it.
https://twitter.com/FUSERgame/status/1407383034224021505
I enjoyed playing around with the music in fuser but i don't know how it rates as a game. It's basically digital dropmix which I loved. Still regret not buying the last 3 or 4 packs that came out so i'd have a complete set of cards.

I enjoyed playing around with the music in fuser but i don't know how it rates as a game. It's basically digital dropmix which I loved. Still regret not buying the last 3 or 4 packs that came out so i'd have a complete set of cards.
Sigh.., my Dropmix will no longer connect to any bluetooth device, even after a reset. Fun system. Might need to pick up Fuser to replace it.

Yeah, but it was more like you sacrificed your Wii to move over its library to Wii U. No redownloads on the old system and no transfers back.
I wonder if it's even still possible to do the wii u transfer as you need the WIi to go on the Wii eShop (closed in 2019) to downloade the Wii-U transfer tool. At least that's how I understand it works (been a long time since I did it). Even if you can go on the eshop with the wii and download the tool... if your wii is modified that might be a really bad idea. Then again, maybe there's another resource for getting the wii-u transfer tool for the wii in that case.

I wonder if it's even still possible to do the wii u transfer as you need the WIi to go on the Wii eShop (closed in 2019) to downloade the Wii-U transfer tool. At least that's how I understand it works (been a long time since I did it). Even if you can go on the eshop with the wii and download the tool... if your wii is modified that might be a really bad idea. Then again, maybe there's another resource for getting the wii-u transfer tool for the wii in that case.
If your Wii and Wii U are both softmodded, I imagine there are easier ways to directly transfer data between the two. Haven’t looked into it personally, but that seems like the kind of thing that would have been relatively simple and desirable to implement after the Wii U had been cracked.

If your Wii and Wii U are both softmodded, I imagine there are easier ways to directly transfer data between the two. Haven’t looked into it personally, but that seems like the kind of thing that would have been relatively simple and desirable to implement after the Wii U had been cracked.
Yeah, you likely wouldn't be stopping at titles you've already purchased at that point.

bread's done
Back