Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
If your Wii and Wii U are both softmodded, I imagine there are easier ways to directly transfer data between the two. Haven’t looked into it personally, but that seems like the kind of thing that would have been relatively simple and desirable to implement after the Wii U had been cracked.
I was even able to pull my wife's Animal Crossing save that's nearly 20 years old at this point from the GC memory card on a Wii to a virtual memory card in Nintendont on vWii on the Wii U, so there are definitely tools to do so.

Went ahead and bit the bullet on the 1TB card from Amazon for $132. 

Have a 400GB that has less than 10GB left. Toyed with the idea of jumping to 512GB but figured I’d be in the same spot in a year. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if it's even still possible to do the wii u transfer as you need the WIi to go on the Wii eShop (closed in 2019) to downloade the Wii-U transfer tool. At least that's how I understand it works (been a long time since I did it). Even if you can go on the eshop with the wii and download the tool... if your wii is modified that might be a really bad idea. Then again, maybe there's another resource for getting the wii-u transfer tool for the wii in that case.
My Wii was already soft modded when I did it but at the time I had a fix installed that still allowed me to legally access the Wii shop and make purchases/redownloads

I'm pretty happy with the 128gb card in my switch.  Most of my collection is physical though... so I'll likely never have to upgrade my 128gb card unless it dies.

I literally just read like 5 reviews this morning and all of them were raving about how good it was. Not sure where you're getting your info.
Not sure a 6 on IGN is raving … reviews seem mixed. Looks fun but it also falls into the perfect release window for a Black Friday discount.

I literally just read like 5 reviews this morning and all of them were raving about how good it was. Not sure where you're getting your info.
I'll pass on this. Mario Tennis was a disappointment to me also. Looks like Mario Golf is at 74 Metacritic & dropping. Nintendo life gave it a 7 (notorious 1st party nut huggers). Which isn't bad imo, but far from raving reviews. Hell if it looks good to you just buy it. Screw reviews.

It looks like the reviews say that it's fun with a lacking story mode and online support. I think this is one of those wait for $30 games, plus by then Nintendo will have hopefully finished the game, i mean released all of the dlc

I haven't really enjoyed a Mario golf game since toadstool tour on gamecube. Was really hoping this would be good. I'm still getting it, but the lack of online tournaments and unlockable characters is pretty lame. The story definitely looks to follow in the footsteps of Mario tennis. Hopefully Nintendo shows tons of support after launch because only 6 courses isn't really enough either.

Toadstool Tour had 6 courses so I'm fine with that at launch.  All the content updates are going to be free so already a step above.  I plan to get this day 1 (that walmart stocks it locally, for $50).  My family loved Toadstool Tour and that was 18 years ago.  Even my wife would request we played that game.   Reading some reviews the Story mode sounds fine to me.  Eveything else in the game is a bonus.  I never played much Speed Golf in Toadstool Tour... so if I end up not playing much of these other modes it's no big deal as I mainly want standard golf on TV again.

Paperball Deluxe is on sale for $8.99 (50% off)

It's Monkey Ball with the aesthetics of Yoshi's Crafted World. You get 250 stages, 7 different modes/ways to play those stages, and it even has achievements. The graphics look a little low-res but I'm giving it a try at that price. This is the first time it has been on sale.

Also, another cute game just got ported over to switch:

Summer Paws has a launch discount so it's only $3.49 (suckers! I would have bought it at $5)

You're in a top down view of 18 different islands where your goal is to solve puzzles and find 100 cats!

Mario Golf is probably designed with the same philosophy that has been plaguing several first-party MP-focused titles: Bare minimum at launch, drag out the life of the game by having a series of QoL updates that should have been there at launch/were in previous entries. I expect the game will end up being pretty good.. in a year.

It sounds like Mario Golf at launch has more content at the start than most of the other side/party games and more content than Toadstool Tour had.   Of course I would have liked more ... but it did take about 10 years or so before my family stopped playing Toadstool Tour... so I'm happy content updates will be free and it has more content at launch than the last console Mario Golf.

Wow. My need for Mario Golf just went way down after seeing it only supports 2 players per console. Not being able to do 4 people on Speed Golf or the other "all at once" modes is understandable but it should be no problem to do that many if you are just taking turns like with every other golf game.

https://mariogolf.nintendo.com/how-to-play/

Wow. My need for Mario Golf just went way down after seeing it only supports 2 players per console. Not being able to do 4 people on Speed Golf or the other "all at once" modes is understandable but it should be no problem to do that many if you are just taking turns like with every other golf game.

https://mariogolf.nintendo.com/how-to-play/
Wait only 2 players?? Damn nintendo

Most of these single sports done as Mario video games are just too simplistic, shallow, and boring.

Mario Sports Superstars (3DS) and Mario Sports Mix (Wii) were among the best Mario sports games because they had a lot of different sports to add variety or at least breadth to justify the price...

Toadstool Tour had 6 courses so I'm fine with that at launch. All the content updates are going to be free so already a step above. I plan to get this day 1 (that walmart stocks it locally, for $50). My family loved Toadstool Tour and that was 18 years ago. Even my wife would request we played that game. Reading some reviews the Story mode sounds fine to me. Eveything else in the game is a bonus. I never played much Speed Golf in Toadstool Tour... so if I end up not playing much of these other modes it's no big deal as I mainly want standard golf on TV again.
Toadstool Tour has 7 courses.

"I haven't been able to test online play, but Speed Rush offers local play for four players taking turns, or two-players on splitscreen for synchronous multiplayer like Speed Golf and Battle Golf." Quote from Eurogamer review.
Game still seems undercooked but at least they weren't complete idiots in regards to local MP.

Any opinions on Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin? It's on sale for $28 and I've had my eye on it for a while.
I recently bought this. Have yet to play it. But I did have to choose another platform. Numerous sources find issues with the compressed audio they chose to use in the switch version.

Any opinions on Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin? It's on sale for $28 and I've had my eye on it for a while.
I bought the PS4 version this week and started playing today. So far the graphics are nice and the combat seems solid. My only complaint is that the main character’s voice is quite annoying imo.

"I haven't been able to test online play, but Speed Rush offers local play for four players taking turns, or two-players on splitscreen for synchronous multiplayer like Speed Golf and Battle Golf." Quote from Eurogamer review.
Game still seems undercooked but at least they weren't complete idiots in regards to local MP.
All the advertising, including the eshop listing and video, said it had 4 players. The ** notation though mentioned needing other systems, controllers, and/or nintendo online for some of it which probably confused the reviewers that didn't play the game and instead rushed a review out (pun not intended, but it works). The video on the eshop demonstrated 4 player local.

I stopped by one of my local walmart stores this morning... they hadn't stocked it yet but the stickers on the shelf had the correct walmart price of $49 & change... and the walmart app when choosing more options for store purchase showed all my stores have that price. As soon as it hits shelves I'll grab a copy (maybe at lunch time).

Tony Hawk also had the reduced price to $33 & change if anyone cared. I haven't read any reviews on this version of the port... but will likely get this later since I don't need it right away.

All the advertising, including the eshop listing and video, said it had 4 players. The ** notation though mentioned needing other systems, controllers, and/or nintendo online for some of it which probably confused the reviewers that didn't play the game and instead rushed a review out (pun not intended, but it works). The video on the eshop demonstrated 4 player local.

I stopped by one of my local walmart stores this morning... they hadn't stocked it yet but the stickers on the shelf had the correct walmart price of $49 & change... and the walmart app when choosing more options for store purchase showed all my stores have that price. As soon as it hits shelves I'll grab a copy (maybe at lunch time).

Tony Hawk also had the reduced price to $33 & change if anyone cared. I haven't read any reviews on this version of the port... but will likely get this later since I don't need it right away.
I’m also stopping by Walmart later to pick it up. I hope the one guy at my local store that cares about video games is working because even if it’s not on the shelf he will go in the back to get it.

Can anyone be a sweetheart and share photos of those in-store prices for TH1+2 and Mario Golf?
If you just want to confirm the prices you can do so with the walmart app, shop at walmart.com, and then look up each game and next to where it shows your local store click the more "options" link which will show the instore price. THPS1&2 was $33.88 I think.

If you just want to confirm the prices you can do so with the walmart app, shop at walmart.com, and then look up each game and next to where it shows your local store click the more "options" link which will show the instore price. THPS1&2 was $33.88 I think.
He wants a photo so he can get GameStop to price match without going into Walmart to get the necessary proof for the PM.

Found this on gamefaq, no game but better than nothing?
attachicon.gif
CF3C53DD-7CF8-4846-B856-0DA82B73A911.jpeg
Thank ya kind sir

Both the website and the app are showing $57.99 (third party) as the in-store price for the golf game. I'm not sure BB or GS would PM a picture of the shelf sticker from online.

What's weird is that BrickSeek is showing the right price but same-day pickup isn't.

Both the website and the app are showing $57.99 (third party) as the in-store price for the golf game. I'm not sure BB or GS would PM a picture of the shelf sticker from online.

What's weird is that BrickSeek is showing the right price but same-day pickup isn't.
Additional sellers > Walmart > Available now at > Options.

YMMV just got GameStop to price match it for me and got my PINS.

Odd... works fine for me on iphone. Unless walmart is just dozens of miles away, might just be worth it to stop in and take a pic. I assume you must have credit to burn at GS to give them your business?

Also most walmart stores I've dealt with don't stock games in any predictable pattern. Like when Dragon Quest Builders 2 came out. My nearby stores took until Sunday to put it on shelves but I went out of town Saturday and one about 40 minutes away had it on the shelf. Or like today Tony Hawk was on the shelf sitting next to the empty slots where mario golf goes. Just random when they put the stock out.

Good to hear it actually does have 4 player via taking turns (why not more than 4 then?). This will make up for Clap Hanz Golf wanting everyone in the room to have an iPhone to play multiplayer on Apple Arcade (instead of just syncing 4 controllers to an Apple TV).

Good to hear it actually does have 4 player via taking turns (why not more than 4 then?). This will make up for Clap Hanz Golf wanting everyone in the room to have an iPhone to play multiplayer on Apple Arcade (instead of just syncing 4 controllers to an Apple TV).
I still hate the arcade exclusivity, I refuse to sign up for the handful of games that do look interesting that Id want to own, but on a casual tablet that Im not going to sit down to actively play on. Really wish they just give an option to buy them after they've been out a certain period of time. Clap hanz being one of those, so now mario golf will become my go to casual golf game

Any one else that's playing Mario golf have the most annoying voice effects for their Mii character? Is there anyway to change it? My god it sounds like a baby talking each time they celebrate or talk to a character in the story and it's making me want to mute the game 😑

bread's done
Back