Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
This is what I was wondering. It’s $3.50. I’ll prob just buy it.
It's having a free trial for Switch Online, I might download it and check it out... though none of the games for NA that have had free trials have ended up being stuff I've enjoyed... so my expectations are low. It's almost to the point that I might as well use this as an indicator that I shouldn't buy this game and skip the trial.

Was going through my ds/3ds games to find things to play on the refurb 2ds and some of these sealed games seem to be worth a decent amount. ie spirit tracks

I’m sure many of you saw that someone found a “fix” for joy con drift. I just thought I would share my experience. I went ahead and purchased two small precision screwdrivers off of Amazon because I did not have a y tipped screwdriver at all. I took apart my two left joy cons, one of which was completely unusable due to the horrible drift, the other was usable, but still had many many issues with drift. I highly recommend watching the YouTube videos because then you’ll know what you’re getting yourself into, and what to expect once you take them apart. Unlike the video however I did not remove anything from the joy cons, I simply took out the screws and moved the components carefully. I was able to successfully do the fix and did not have to actually disconnect any of the wires. All that being said I was successfully able to make both joy cons now function completely normal using only a small piece of business card.

Here are a few things you might not see in the video or be able to find information about that I think would be very helpful if anybody wants to try it on their joy cons. I tried initially to use a thin business card, but that did not fix the problem. You definitely want to use a very rigid business card the kind that if you were to bend it at all it would show a crease. That’s kind of the thickness you’re looking for. Some videos on YouTube show people using foam or other thicker options, I would not recommend that. The thick business card is more than enough. The screws in the joy cons are extremely easy to strip and very easy to over tighten. I partially stripped one of the y tipped screws doing very little when getting one out, and I also slightly over tightened one of the Phillips screws inside the joy con and now it’s barely holding anything down so keep that in mind when you are unscrewing everything and tightening it back up. For me the hardest part was actually removing the battery from the tray because in the video he mentions how he’s opened his joy cons multiple times, but the first time you take the battery out it has a very sticky tape or glue like substance holding it in and you have to kind of pry it out which is really easy to snap or bend the plastic if you’re not thinking about it so keep that in mind.

I did go ahead and add the cardboard fix to both of my right joy cons even though I haven’t really had issues with those, but I felt like since I’ve seen enough people have the issue why not take care of it now while I had everything going. I will just make a final comment and say the right joy cons were quite a bit more difficult to work with than the left ones simply because of the placement of the components.

I had originally tried to play Skyward Sword HD with the motion controls last week, and it was completely and totally worthless. I couldn’t do anything with my controllers. However, I went ahead and played for a few hours after I fixed these today, and now it’s like they are brand new and there are no issues at all. I really hope this fix is lasting even though it is just simply a piece of cardboard, but it did work for me, and like I said one of my joy cons was completely unusable. So I definitely think it’s worth it if you’re willing to just open them up.

One Way Heroics Plus is finally on sale on the Switch eShop for $10.49. :hot:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/one-way-heroics-plus-switch/

The original release One Way Heroics is one of my favorite PC games on Steam. It's a side-scrolling rogue-like JRPG.

One Way Heroics is also available for PS4 and PS Vita, but it's never been on sale on PSN, so I will be scooping up this one today. :bouncy:
What is this a game for ants? Is there anyway to make the text or sprites bigger

I played the demo for One Way Heroics on vita back when Limited Run was about to sell the vita physical release.  I didn't care for it at all.  The linear always moving to the right and pressure to keep going just wasn't fun.  So it was easy to resist the physical print.  Pretty sure the demo is still available for anyone that owns a vita or pstv.   Shame they didn't do a demo for switch as even at $10.49... it's going to be hard to entice new people to try it without hyping it up.

Cruis'n Blast pre-order is back up on Bestbuy. $39.99 and it comes with a $10 gift card.
Is that enough of a hint yet that this game is going to be terrible? Or do people need to be reminded of the last Cruisn game on the Wii too? (Which was also a ported version of Raw Thrills') Or reminded of practically any other Cruisn game not named Cruisn USA?

Last edited by a moderator:
One Way Heroics is on PSNow btw, if that applies to anyone. It's the original version without whatever the switch version added, but it's fine. I wouldn't pay for it because I hate rogue likes but it was fun for a couple hours.

Yeah I tend to pick up Picross games on sale. I've only finished 2 (Picross S and one of the 3DS 3D ones). Usually only play Mega Picross these days so it's good to see those are in this game.

Pokemon Picross is bad. No real variety in puzzles and it fights against you trying to complete the game.
I don’t really mind, it’s not my first source for nonograms and I’m doing nonograms on a daily basis with or without it, so the daily challenges don’t feel like a chore.

It is absolutely the worst designed freemium game I’ve played though (not that that’s a long list). It’s not even good at trying to get me to spend money, and the absurdly slow speed that it forces on non-paying players makes it highly unengaging. It also seems like paying the upfront cost to unlock everything at once would remove all gamifying elements from the experience. As a game, it’s pretty awful.

Picross S-S5, KEMONO FRIENDS PICROSS, and PICROSS LORD OF THE NAZARICK are now 20% off until Aug 18th.

Pokemon Picross is my most played 3DS game and Tetris 99 is my most played Switch game. Yet I have many games that I pay for. What is wrong with me.

For anyone who missed it last time, Culdcept Revolt on 3DS is $4.99. It's a great RPG often billed as Magic: The Gathering meets Monopoly. Buy it now before the 3DS store shuts down forever; it's been announced that the Japanese store is not going to accept credit card payments starting next year.
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/culdcept-revolt-3ds/
I second this. I bought the collectors edition at launch, and have no regrets. $5 is a steal for this hidden gem.

Skyward Sword HD Acrylic Art Panel is up on the My Nintendo store for 1000 platinum coins.

https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories/nintendo_store

Shipping is now $6.99 (but you can combine with other rewards).

I see a bunch of people complaining on Twitter about not having enough coins.  I earn 90 platinum coins each week by signing into the eShop from my Wii U (can do it via the 3DS as well) as well as playing Super Mario Run (free) and beating Toad Rally 3 times.

Skyward Sword HD Acrylic Art Panel is up on the My Nintendo store for 1000 platinum coins.

https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories/nintendo_store

Shipping is now $6.99 (but you can combine with other rewards).

I see a bunch of people complaining on Twitter about not having enough coins. I earn 90 platinum coins each week by signing into the eShop from my Wii U (can do it via the 3DS as well) as well as playing Super Mario Run (free) and beating Toad Rally 3 times.
Thank you for posting! I was 50 coins short but saw a 100 platinum points offer for finding some flags on the Mario golf website, so easy 100 platinum points if anyone is short. The shipping increase is a bummer though.

Thank you for posting! I was 50 coins short but saw a 100 platinum points offer for finding some flags on the Mario golf website, so easy 100 platinum points if anyone is short. The shipping increase is a bummer though.
im 60 Coins short, i saw the Mario Golf page you mentioned and am currently trying to find these holes

Anybody else excited for this? I didn't expect New Pokemon Snap content so soon after release, and it's free!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gKZ5-8LRKg&pp=sAQA

I see a bunch of people complaining on Twitter about not having enough coins.
I went and found my post on how to farm a couple thousand MyNintendo points from the Fire Emblem Heroes app:

Fire Emblem Heroes

1. Download the game, link your Nintendo account, and go through the tutorial. You can skip all the talking and animations. It will make you drag your character around the screen, but don't worry, the whole game is very hands-off.

2. Go to Misc. then Settings and turn off battle animations, map stuff, anything that lets you turn off or set to auto.

3. From the Home screen click on Presents List to claim your free orbs.

4. At the bottom of the screen click Summon and it should have a message about giving you a free 5 star summon. I read that Lysithea is good but feel free to choose anyone. There might also be a 2nd 5 star character for you to claim.
Click on Allies, then Edit Teams. Put any 5 star characters on your team.

5. Click over to Shop and max upgrade your castle with orbs. This should increase your experience points from battle.

6. Click Battle, Story Maps, then Main Story.
Choose any of the books and start battling. Skip all the text and once the battle starts choose "Auto Battle" and the game will play itself! When the battle ends skip through all the text and enter the next chapter of the book.

Eventually (once you complete a book?) You can get more 5 star characters. That's all you have to do. Once the battles get harder you might get game over, but you can continue if you pay an orb, and you will have dozens by then. You can also pay an orb to replenish your stamina, there's no need to wait. I did it all in 2 days.

Whenever you want, go back to My Nintendo and claim your points. Platinum points will be valid for 6 months. If you've already maxed out/used all your points doing this you can always create a 2nd mynintendo account and start collecting points on the new account. My Nintendo physical rewards aren't tied to the account that redeems them, so you can claim the redemption codes on your main account no problem. But you are limited to 1 purchase of each item, per account.

Mario Golf™: Super Rush ID Tag

$0.00

•  

DC Super Hero Girls™: Teen Power Drawstring Bag

$0.00

•  

The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword HD acrylic panel art

$0.00

•  

AC Adapter - REFURBISHED (Nintendo 2DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DSi XL, and Nintendo DSi)

$5.00

•  

Let's go  :wave:

Redeemed for Skyward Sword panel, but not liking this $7 shipping. May sit on my code until I have something else to ship with it. I should be good as long as I redeem by September 27, right?

Redeemed for Skyward Sword panel, but not liking this $7 shipping. May sit on my code until I have something else to ship with it. I should be good as long as I redeem by September 27, right?
Yep, redeeming for the code sets one aside for you. Checkout when you're ready (but before 9/27).

I have done this a couple times in the past and have forgotten about it once, was too lazy to ask for a coin refund, lost I thin 800 coins. I just threw in another SNES switch controller to make myself feel better about the shipping since this Zelda print looks cool and didn't want to forget about it.

I have done this a couple times in the past and have forgotten about it once, was too lazy to ask for a coin refund, lost I thin 800 coins. I just threw in another SNES switch controller to make myself feel better about the shipping since this Zelda print looks cool and didn't want to forget about it.
Yea, wish I had gotten the POkemon pens when they were in stock... wasn't sure when this panel would come out.. but I guess it's another $7 next time!

YAY! (I blacked out my Mii's eyes so you wouldn't recognize me, plus it's typical for asian pr0n - my ____is in that present!)

GymdGib.png

bread's done
Back