Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
The extra 30% off is still working. They're losing up to $12.60 on each game for no reason. It's crazy but I guess it's a real sale?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought Super Mario Party and the Octo expansion last night. Caved this morning and picked up the Snipperclips DLC (haven’t played the base game since launch but hey… for $5, why not?).

So I guess the prices are still working. Great sale! Wish it included more games.

I picked up Good Job! and I’m debating on the Octo Expansion and Snipperclips DLC. Haven’t played either of the base game since launch but it might be fun to revisit.

I picked up Good Job! and I’m debating on the Octo Expansion and Snipperclips DLC. Haven’t played either of the base game since launch but it might be fun to revisit.
I brought the Octo expansion as it is single player. If that something that appeals to you get it if you want something that’s more based off of multiplayer then do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Octo Expansion is incredible and a great standalone expansion, since it's a single player experience. It's a great way to revisit Splatoon 2, especially since you'll gain the ability to play as an Octoling in multiplayer upon beating it. The challenge is so great (some levels will make you pull your hair out) and the final boss is awesome. It's classic Nintendo hard: brutal, but so fun that you have to keep trying. If you loved the single player levels in the Splatoon games, this one is so for you.

Sum total of combining a bunch of Gamestop deals over the last day for Monster Hunter Stories 2, Splatoon 2, Octo Expansion, and Hyrule Warriors Def Ed for  $120. You'd think they'd fix some of this stuff and yet here we are with great deals.

I’ve been slowly fleshing out my digital-only 3DS library for the past few months, and decided to go in on Gunman Clive a couple days ago based on the good reviews and the demo I played.

I am now filled with regret for not doing better research. And also for not buying it on Steam instead so I could refund it.

I’ve been slowly fleshing out my digital-only 3DS library for the past few months, and decided to go in on Gunman Clive a couple days ago based on the good reviews and the demo I played.

I am now filled with regret for not doing better research. And also for not buying it on Steam instead so I could refund it.
I believe I got the game with one of the Nintendo humble bundles and I was surprised on how bad that game was. I kind of feel like I am missing something because I feel like other people seem to like the game but at the same time I feel like they had to be payed off to like the game.

Gunman Clive is closing in on 9 years old for the 3ds version. It's a good game if you like Mega Man and Contra where you need to remember enemy placement and face off against some big bosses. It is an old game though and even back then was only $2... so not exactly meant to be the greatest game ever... but maybe one of the best $2 games for that time period.

Gunman Clive is closing in on 9 years old for the 3ds version. It's a good game if you like Mega Man and Contra where you need to remember enemy placement and face off against some big bosses. It is an old game though and even back then was only $2... so not exactly meant to be the greatest game ever... but maybe one of the best $2 games for that time period.
I would have been into it if it were more of a Mega Man style game, I was expecting a straightforward action platformer based on the demo. Instead it’s more like bite-size challenges with increasingly frustrating enemy placement and some poorly paced platforming challenges. The section that finally made me wish I could return the damn thing turned out to be the very last stage before the final boss (with all the gravity flipping)—there was a platforming bit at the end of the stage with no readily apparent solution, so all you could do is try several different ways of jumping around insta-kill spikes, most of which would kill you and send you back to the beginning of the already difficult stage. I did finish it, and it’s not bad for what it is, but it really wasn’t what I was expecting (or wanted) at all.

I enjoyed duck mode, though. That was actually fun for the ~twenty or so minutes it took to complete, though part of my ability to enjoy it was due to already being familiar with the enemy placement/platforming traps.

Yeah, it's a tough game... the structure of play is a bit brutal and very MM'esque without having the polish of MM.  Watching someone that knows the game plow through it is pretty cool.  I'm pretty sure gave up right near the end.  Got my $2 worth out of it.  Life goes on.  It's no where near the worst cheap game I've bought.

Bootleg Jet Set Radio is kind of interesting.

That's a lot of games releasing today that I have at least some interest in.
I heard about Bomb Rush Cyberfunk recently... one of the composers for the music in JSR & JSRF is behind the music in this game. I'm really interested in seeing how this turns out.

I'm glad Metal Slug Tactics is coming to switch. It's nice we are getting updated ports of Advance Wars 1 & 2... but I LOVE the look of MS Tactics soooooo much more.

That's mostly what I'm interested in... though I'd try some of the other games if they end up having demos.

Got the $7 Zelda art panel... and to keep with the general theme of Skyward Sword... disappointed  :???: Pixelated and un-inspiring, but did come with a cardboard stand!  :dunce: (controllers for scale)

qXGT17d.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDclD1QMmYM

Summary:

For people that like weird roguelites, Loop Hero is really neat as you place tiles around the map to add more challenge and more opportunities to generate materials you need to build up your base back at home, but you can let the hero loop around as long as you want to try to get better equipment and materials to drop before pulling them out at the end of the next loop before they die and lose at least some of the stuff you collected.

Ugh … $30 for Spelunky 2 compared to $12.99 on PS4/5 … man, Nintendo tax is really making me want to … switch … over to the Steam Deck and never look back.

Ugh … $30 for Spelunky 2 compared to $12.99 on PS4/5 … man, Nintendo tax is really making me want to … switch … over to the Steam Deck and never look back.
It's $20 on Steam... $25 for the soundtrack bundle. So spend a bunch of money on a portable pc which isn't out yet to play the game and save your $5 to $10. Lol.

Good luck with that. The thing is a lot thicker and overall bigger and much heavier than the switch. In the long run, if you only care about indie games and nothing nintendo publishes or any of the other exclusives... then by all means go pc. There are always pretty decent sales on Steam... if you wait long enough you'll likely save a lot more money. Just keep in mind, it's still a pc first and games won't be as optimized for the smaller screen the way they are with switch. So... be prepared for some tiny fonts.

Spelunky 2 is $19.99 and Spelunky is $9.99 on Switch. If you buy both it would be $30.

IDK what source you use for your pricing but maybe you should consider looking on the Nintendo web site.

It was about the same price as those PS4/5 prices on steam before as well just not right now. Maybe cheaper on another PC outlet I didn't check. Go for it.

Spelunky 2 is $19.99 and Spelunky is $9.99 on Switch. If you buy both it would be $30.

IDK what source you use for your pricing but maybe you should consider looking on the Nintendo web site.
etcrane is a troll, best to ignore.
**pulls the hook out of his mouth**

Figures this was just a trolling. So it's the same price on PC.

Also it's $19.99 on PSN normally and only now is on sale for $12.99 after being out for nearly a year.

Quite the sensitive group in here … not surprising given the fanaticism of Nintendo buyers …

The pricing I saw was for AUS, but please … defer to Tyler, a mod in everything but title and actual power.

Got the $7 Zelda art panel... and to keep with the general theme of Skyward Sword... disappointed :???: Pixelated and un-inspiring, but did come with a cardboard stand! :dunce: (controllers for scale)

qXGT17d.png
Got mine and it is much smaller than I expected. I expected to be closer to a piece of paper, not barely larger than a 4x6 photo.

(It's 5x7)

bread's done
Back