Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
So I never played the Bioshock games... Anyone play them on the Switch?

The collection is 19.99 right now on the eshop, or $20 at Amazon..
The Bioshock games are amazing. Here's the DF analysis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VwyyO4gQiQ&t=303s

Last edited by a moderator:
This article from Game Informer says that monsters will be spawned differently in this re-release.

"In a press release, Koei Tecmo says that CDs are still used for this purpose, but just not how you would expect. "This feature has been re-worked in Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX, allowing players to search a database to find their desired CD and generate a monster from its data. Enjoy searching a vast database of songs from around the world and generating monsters based on some of your favorite music!""

https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/08/26/monster-rancher-returns-in-a-new-bundle-for-switch-and-pc
I’m sorry, this just sounds like such a boring, soulless way to handle that mechanic. I can’t really think of anything better off the top of my head, but blegh.

I don't really know what the point of Monster Rancher is if you're not using music CDs to spawn monsters. That very 90s gimmick was the main magic of the first two games. The switch ports will have some sort of CD database to spawn monsters, but... meh.

And as usual the games look painfully slow. I feel like every port of a 3D ps1 game needs some sort of fast forward function because wow these games don't hold up in terms of pacing and gameplay speed.
Thankfully it does.

"High-Speed Mode – Enjoy the game at high-speed in both Monster Rancher and Monster Rancher 2."

Small FYI; the free game Super Animal Royale is in the e-shop:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/super-animal-royale-switch/
I noticed that last night -- I downloaded it, but haven't tried it.

There are a weirdly high number of F2P games that were released for the Switch and then shut down... at least, I feel that there are.

As an aside -- do we have any clue what Walmart might charge for the in-store copies of Wario Ware? It's a $49.99 title, and I can't remember if those go for $39.99 in the store, or something like $43.99. I'm trying to figure out how to get it...

As an aside -- do we have any clue what Walmart might charge for the in-store copies of Wario Ware? It's a $49.99 title, and I can't remember if those go for $39.99 in the store, or something like $43.99. I'm trying to figure out how to get it...
Walmart set Miitopia's ($49.99) in-store price at $41.88.

Thanks -- I'm trying to figure out what to use the Amazon "$15 off $25" on, and it looks like it would apply to Wario Ware... I just wish I could find a better way to use it...
iirc from the list in the other threads there's

Hades

Ys Origins (when it's in stock)

p5 strikers but you'll need 1 cent to hit the 25 threshold iirc

most popular choice is Bravely Default 2.

i am probably using the $15 off on donkey kong as that  game refuses to go on sale for $30.

sakuna of rice and ruin is $30 before coupon and story of seasons pioneers of olive town premium is $40.

Thanks -- I'm trying to figure out what to use the Amazon "$15 off $25" on, and it looks like it would apply to Wario Ware... I just wish I could find a better way to use it...
Was there some email where you got that email from Amazon?

I haven't seen that one, just curious.

It can be used on pre-orders too like Metroid dread. Even if in store Walmart has Metroid for $49.98, it will still be cheaper to pre-order it on Amazon and get the $15 off. If you don't have Amazon Prime for free two-day shipping, just choose the free shipping option.

Ended up getting Bravely Default II after using the $15 off $25 off code.   Thanks!  

According to the promotion you get two coupons.

24 hours after you use the first one you can activate a 2nd $15 off $25 coupon. So get multiple games :twisted:

I grabbed Digimon Switch yesterday. I wanted Nexomon, but Amazon isn't selling it, themselves. May grab Hades or Bravely Default II with the second coupon later.

I grabbed Digimon Switch yesterday. I wanted Nexomon, but Amazon isn't selling it, themselves. May grab Hades or Bravely Default II with the second coupon later.
are the digimon games any good? my son got me playing the digimon card game with him and it's not bad. I need to learn more about the creatures / characters.

Is the eshop always a slow download???

Edit. Tested wifi internet download speed is around 350mbps but I'm getting download speed of 9.9mbps from the eshop. 😐

For those looking for the 2nd coupon, be sure to go back to the original link and request another email/text link and follow that to unlock it.  It doesn't show up on your account automatically.

Also, I wouldn't expect it if you used the first with a pre-order.  Amazon doesn't charge your account until a pre-order ships and this deal specifies that you are able to request the 2nd coupon 24 hours after using the first.  With a pre-order, it may not count as used until that pre-order ships.  Because of this thought I used the 1st for a current stock game and then pre-ordered a game with the 2nd.

Am I stupid? Is there a listing for this and my app is just not showing it?

Okay, it's on the website but not the app for me for some reason.
Same for me so all you do is add to your cart on the website and then go to your app and go to check out and it should apply the $15 discount.

Guys, the game CRASH: Autodrive (https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/crash-autodrive-switch/) is currently 9.99 with a 25% off discount to 7.49. The thing is that they added it in the Mexican eshop without doing the conversion, so it is currently at 7.49 mexican pesos (which is like 0,35usd).
I went ahead and bought it thanks. How did you figure this out? If you got it from someone else, I wonder how they figured it out. Maybe they are bilingual and check both USA and Mexico eshops often? I wonder how many more of these glitches happen from other countries. My CC was charged 37 cents.

I went ahead and bought it thanks. How did you figure this out? If you got it from someone else, I wonder how they figured it out. Maybe they are bilingual and check both USA and Mexico eshops often? I wonder how many more of these glitches happen from other countries. My CC was charged 37 cents.
I usually go to eshop-prices.com to the Sales section and arrange the results by New Sales First. I saw it there, and when checked why the price was so different to the other countries I figured it out.

(Then I went to mother Russia and grabbed Sundered for 1.50usd XD)

I usually go to eshop-prices.com to the Sales section and arrange the results by New Sales First. I saw it there, and when checked why the price was so different to the other countries I figured it out.

(Then I went to mother Russia and grabbed Sundered for 1.50usd XD)
That's a good idea. I only have a Mexico account on my switch. I used to have a Japan one but I got locked out of the account somehow and couldn't remember the email log in so I will have to do that all over again if there are any good sales happening in Japan. I will check out Sundered and see if it's worth the hassle of making a Russian account. Speaking of Russia, the TV show The Americans is really good.

That's a good idea. I only have a Mexico account on my switch. I used to have a Japan one but I got locked out of the account somehow and couldn't remember the email log in so I will have to do that all over again if there are any good sales happening in Japan. I will check out Sundered and see if it's worth the hassle of making a Russian account. Speaking of Russia, the TV show The Americans is really good.
I use my only account, switching regions in it (so I went to Mexico, got CRASH, then changed to Russia and got Sundered; now I'm back in USA). The only thing you need to bare in mind is that there should not be any balance in your account (as Nintendo will not let you switch if so). Gold coins is fine; they stay put on each region, waiting for you when you decide to come back :)

I use my only account, switching regions in it (so I went to Mexico, got CRASH, then changed to Russia and got Sundered; now I'm back in USA). The only thing you need to bare in mind is that there should not be any balance in your account (as Nintendo will not let you switch if so). Gold coins is fine; they stay put on each region, waiting for you when you decide to come back :)
dana-carvey-johnny-carson.gif

Does your email receipt say you paid by credit card? I paid by debit card and mine says I paid with eShop funds, which I definitely didn't. It also lists Nintendo of America's address and purchase terms. I guess they don't have a Mexican HQ, but other than the peso listed prices, everything seemed identical to the US shopping process.

Does your email receipt say you paid by credit card? I paid by debit card and mine says I paid with eShop funds, which I definitely didn't. It also lists Nintendo of America's address and purchase terms. I guess they don't have a Mexican HQ, but other than the peso listed prices, everything seemed identical to the US shopping process.
Don’t be too concerned about the funds thing. The eShop buys store credit with your payment method first, then turns around and uses those to buy the content.

It’s fairly unnoticeable, up until you hit the wrong button and buy waaay too much eShop credit.

bread's done
Back