Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
The prices for the N64 and Genesis controllers are insane.  A Pro Controller is $70.  No way is the price for those 2 justified.  Hoping someone else makes some cheaper versions.

The prices for the N64 and Genesis controllers are insane. A Pro Controller is $70. No way is the price for those 2 justified. Hoping someone else makes some cheaper versions.
As I alluded to earlier, Retro-Bit makes pretty good quality Genesis and Saturn reproduction pads compatible with a lot of modern machines, including Switch. If you don’t need quite as exact replicas, 8bitdo has similarly priced Genesis-inspired pads which are perhaps even slightly higher quality, and also work with Switch.

Can’t speak to N64 pads. I know Retro-Bit has some N64-inspired pads, but they’re a different shape and I don’t know how good they are.

We didn't get the release month but Gosh darn it they did it. They finally did it. I legit had tears of happiness. The beginning of that trailer got me though. For a second I thought it was Astral Chain 2
Yeah, over the course of the past day Bayonetta 3 went from "is it still going to happen?" to a straight up legit, real thing that looks great. Looks like there will be a good bit on controlling big summon kaiju-like fights with Bayonetta in the foreground unlike the mostly cinematic versions of that in previous games.

My youngest really liked the Kirby game. Several other really awesome things, the Actraiser not only being announced but also released was pretty shocking. Probably get that on PS5 though, though I'll wait for a .

The overall Direct honestly to me was better than the E3 one.

Direct Summary

• Monster Hunter Rise - Sunbreak expansion - Summer 2022
  • Mario Party Superstars - Three new N64 boards revealed - 10/29
  • Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars - Demo Out Now - 10/28
  • Disco Elysium: The Final Cut - 10/12 - Physical Early 2022
  • Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Expansion Pass Wave 2 - 10/29
  • Chocobo GP - Switch Exclusive - 2022
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Final Character stream 10/5
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land - Spring 2022
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Direct in October - New free content in November
  • Mario Golf: Super Rush - Second Free Update Out Now
  • Disney Magical World 2: Enchanted Edition - Holiday
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Switch Exclusive - 11/11
  • Dying Light 2 Stay Human: Cloud Version - Demo at Launch - 2/4/22
  • Dying Light Platinum Edition - 10/19
  • Triangle Strategy - 3/4/22
  • Metroid Dread - 10/8
  • Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack - N64 + Genesis games - Exclusive N64 & Genesis Controllers
  • Shadowrun Trilogy
  • Castlevania Advance Collection - Out Now - $19.99
  • Actraiser Renaissance - Out Now - $29.99
  • Deltarune Chapter 2 - Free update for Deltarune Chapter 1 - Out Now
  • Hot Wheels Unleashed - 9/30
  • Surviving the Aftermath - Holiday 2021
  • Shin Megami Tensei V - Pre-orders Now Live
  • Wreckfest - Fall 2021
  • Arcade Archives Pac-Man & Xevious - Out Now - $7.99 each
  • Rune Factory 5 - 3/22/22
  • Mario movie - 12/21/22 - Cast revealed
  • Splatoon 3 - 2022
  • Bayonetta 3 - 2022

Really wish Nintendo would have confirmed free post-launch content for the new Mario Party, as 5 existing boards seems kind of low. After how little support Super Mario Party got (outside of the last minute online patch), I think it's a legitimate concern.
KOTOR is a switch exclusive? 🤔
It's just another Aspyr port of the PC version.
Not sure if PlayStation is getting it too like the others though.
The overall Direct honestly to me was better than the E3 one.
E3 one edges this out because E3 announced Dread and Mario Party and this only announced Kirby but it's pretty comparable (especially with the N64/Genesis announcement which should have been at E3). I wish all non-E3 directs were this well done though.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason I asked was due to how it was labeled (above).

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Switch Exclusive - 11/11

I had read about the PS5 one and wasn't sure what the exclusive meant for Nintendo

Triangle Strategy is coming sooner than I thought. It's one of the few TBS games I've looked forward to in a while. My favorite announcement was the Actraiser remake, as I played the original likely about 5 or 6 times fully, and it's an amazing game. The Castlevania GBA games are excellent too and make up some of my favorite GBA games, so I may buy that one sooner or later. I like Kirby games, so that will be an easy buy on purchase. Metroid looks cool, but I'll likely wait for a buy 2 get 1 free sale or something like that. I like those games, but I'm never sure I love them. Also I need to catch up and play Bayonetta 1/2 (have it already) before thinking of 3, but it looks cool for sure. Voice of Cards also looks like my type of game, and I'll likely support it and give impressions, but it looks a bit weird as well, which is normal considering it's a Yoko Taro game. Overall an excellent direct leading me to feel Nintendo has the best things coming out for the holiday season compared to Sony and Microsoft. I really hope we get an indie direct some time maybe in the next month or so, as I feel those games really help supplement and help the Switch library as well.

The reason I asked was due to how it was labeled (above).

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Switch Exclusive - 11/11

I had read about the PS5 one and wasn't sure what the exclusive meant for Nintendo
The Switch one may be based on the mobile version which had widescreen support added. The Steam and Xbox versions never got that.

Really wish Nintendo would have confirmed free post-launch content for the new Mario Party, as 5 existing boards seems kind of low. After how little support Super Mario Party got (outside of the last minute online patch), I think it's a legitimate concern.
They did there are three new boards and a new mini-game only mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fce7YwdwIS8

They did there are three new boards and a new mini-game only mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fce7YwdwIS8
Nope. They just showed off 3 of the 5 boards included in the game. The total count is still 5, not 8. Which would be okay if they would confirm having plans for free content patches.

The mini-game gauntlet mode was new content, but I expected it, as it's part of the absolute bare minimum entries in this series should have.

The Diablo Collection is a pretty good deal. Buy the new Diablo II and you get Diablo III for $20. Gonna trade in my physical III tomorrow for $27.50 and just get the collection.

I’ll probably get both controllers because I’m a sucker for controllers. The sega lineup is kinda weak for me since I have the genesis mini. I also just bought a mega sg off eBay mostly to play NBA Jam and Tecmo Super Bowl. Those games rock and unlikely to appear online.

I’ll probably get both controllers because I’m a sucker for controllers. The sega lineup is kinda weak for me since I have the genesis mini. I also just bought a mega sg off eBay mostly to play NBA Jam and Tecmo Super Bowl. Those games rock and unlikely to appear online.
Yeah, you'll never see TSB in any form on a console due to how much NFL and NFLPA licensing they would have to rip out of it.

So happy I still have all 3 carts for the Genesis and TSB 1 and 3 for the SNES.

The N64 controller I'll probably get as long as the joy stick doesn't break like the original. If the Genesis controller was the 6 button I would have considered it, bit I'll just stick with the Genesis mini I think. Hopefully Nintendo releases an N64 mini at some point soon.

That these NSO controllers don't have a means for navigating out of the app is the thing that kills the appeal for me. I'd love to use the SNES controller more for 2D games, but it's limited without the ability to get out of a game and back to the dashboard.

That these NSO controllers don't have a means for navigating out of the app is the thing that kills the appeal for me. I'd love to use the SNES controller more for 2D games, but it's limited without the ability to get out of a game and back to the dashboard.
Has this been confirmed? If so, I could see Nintendo with an update if enough people complain. Something like holding down the start button for 3 seconds to get out of the app shouldn't be a hard thing to implement.

Has this been confirmed? If so, I could see Nintendo with an update if enough people complain. Something like holding down the start button for 3 seconds to get out of the app shouldn't be a hard thing to implement.
There's a way to do it but only within the NES and SNES apps. It doesn't work outside of them. So clearly Nintendo thought of it and implemented it, but unfortunately they seem to only want you to use these controllers within the app, which is annoying.

There are ZL/ZR buttons on the SNES controller that are only used to let you exit out of the NES/SNES apps when both are pressed. I think one of them is the screenshot button as a solo press. They don't have a means of getting out of normal games, so I'd expect the same out of the N64 and Genesis controller since they don't seem to have Home buttons on them.

snescontroller.jpg

NCOM_WN_N64_SE.png

Nope. They just showed off 3 of the 5 boards included in the game. The total count is still 5, not 8. Which would be okay if they would confirm having plans for free content patches.

The mini-game gauntlet mode was new content, but I expected it, as it's part of the absolute bare minimum entries in this series should have.
Ah, I guess I need to pay better attention. I will be waiting for the same news you are then.

$50 to get a Bluetooth iteration of one of the (arguably) worst designed controllers of all time? [emoji848]

(Obviously I’m referring to the Genesis controller j/k [emoji2957])

Seriously though, I think it’s great they are adding more systems to the NSO platform but I also think it’s sad they’re expecting us to pay more for the privilege. Anyone know how much more it will cost? It’s a pretty decent (though small) initial lineup of games on the N64 side, especially if you consider the teaser ones that’ll release later, but c’mon my $35/year for the family NSO is already way more expensive than it should be given how little is offered.

And the Genesis? Seriously? With the big N’s rich past of amazing systems we’re ignoring those and going with a past competitor’s system? That’s pretty lame.

If they were adding these to the base NSO subscription I’d be pretty hyped, but I don’t see myself paying extra for these. Maybe when Paper Mario gets on there eventually…

Again, that’s my opinion, of course I realize Nintendo is Fire and can charge w/e they want and people will still eat it up with a spoon. I usually am one of those people, spoon in hand, but this time around I see the obvious cash grab and am not interested in a $50 God awful N64 controller and a handful of games I have to pay extra on top of what I’m already paying. But hey, to each their own. You all do you. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are some gems on this latest sale? Which games that are heavily discounted are actually worth it? Where is that Pro user here that finds all the deals in other countries?

$50 to get a Bluetooth iteration of one of the (arguably) worst designed controllers of all time? [emoji848]

(Obviously I’m referring to the Genesis controller j/k [emoji2957])

Seriously though, I think it’s great they are adding more systems to the NSO platform but I also think it’s sad they’re expecting us to pay more for the privilege. Anyone know how much more it will cost? It’s a pretty decent (though small) initial lineup of games on the N64 side, especially if you consider the teaser ones that’ll release later, but c’mon my $35/year for the family NSO is already way more expensive than it should be given how little is offered.

And the Genesis? Seriously? With the big N’s rich past of amazing systems we’re ignoring those and going with a past competitor’s system? That’s pretty lame.

If they were adding these to the base NSO subscription I’d be pretty hyped, but I don’t see myself paying extra for these. Maybe when Paper Mario gets on there eventually…

Again, that’s my opinion, of course I realize Nintendo is Fire and can charge w/e they want and people will still eat it up with a spoon. I usually am one of those people, spoon in hand, but this time around I see the obvious cash grab and am not interested in a $50 God awful N64 controller and a handful of games I have to pay extra on top of what I’m already paying. But hey, to each their own. You all do you. [emoji41]

I agree with everything you said, but I'm probably in for the expansion pack. I split my family membership across 8 users so it's pretty inexpensive. The N64 controller is a maybe for me. It's so absurdly monstrous that there's probably $50 worth of plastic in it [emoji39]

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Anyone have and must pick-ups for the Spike-Chunsoft Publisher sale? I'm temped to get Yu-No but can't decide if I should just get it on PC since there's no copies physically for the switch left.

Picked up Tokyo School Life for $2.24 (new low, regular $15). Decent reviews on Steam.
I played this somewhat recently. Cute but saccharine romance vn. Full of anime tropes but at least the game explains them. Most interesting aspects for me were the different language options available. Can have the game show subtitles of both english and romanji, for example.

I agree with everything you said, but I'm probably in for the expansion pack. I split my family membership across 8 users so it's pretty inexpensive. The N64 controller is a maybe for me. It's so absurdly monstrous that there's probably $50 worth of plastic in it [emoji39]

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
For sure, and I’m sure the build quality will be great. But my Lord it’s still the ugliest, most unergonomic controller I’ve ever used. I went so far as to buy a Retro Fighters N64 controller just so I wouldn’t have to use that abomination any more. I’m pretty sure I have all the physical carts for the games I’m interested in too, but I will long for that sweet portability in the long run, no doubt. [emoji30]

I'm hoping that the Bluetooth N64 and Genesis THREE BUTTON PAD OF ALL THINGS leads to 8bitdo releasing their own versions that are more modernized. The SN30 Pro+/Pro 2 are absolutely perfect for a more modern-feeling SNES controller setup and I would love to see the N64 and Genesis get the same treatment. 

I'm hoping that the Bluetooth N64 and Genesis THREE BUTTON PAD OF ALL THINGS leads to 8bitdo releasing their own versions that are more modernized. The SN30 Pro+/Pro 2 are absolutely perfect for a more modern-feeling SNES controller setup and I would love to see the N64 and Genesis get the same treatment.
I have a SN30 Pro and enjoy it. The Pro+, on the other hand, basically looks like it would feel like a generic PlayStation controller in the hands, just with a better dpad. I don’t see the appeal, unless you’re just looking for a slightly cheaper alternative to a modern first party gamepad.

Oh, and as I mentioned before, both 8bitdo and Retro Bit have six button Genesis-based pads—both connect to Switch, have a home button, and two shoulder buttons. It’s not quite a modern layout, but it works well for retro games on modern systems.

Cool - I'll have to look into the six-button Genny pads on Switch. I find the d-pad on the Pro+ to be far better than the regular Pro controller and I love turbo for button-bashing games like brawlers. To me, it's a great way to extend the life of a title I wouldn't play otherwise and also save my fingers a bit.

Yeah, I found it kind of hilarious they have the balls to charge $50 for a N64 controller given how much hate the controller (rightfully) gets. I can't imagine the stick on it will last even as long as the original's.

bread's done
Back