Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Anyone interested in pitching in for a Nintendo Online + Expansion Pack Family Plan? It launches tomorrow and I can add up to 7 other Nintendo IDs. This would be good for 2 years after I convert my current plan.

Whoops, yeah meant mbps, the video was pretty easy to follow. They give you the primary DNS settings and alternate DNS settings right there in the video to adjust it to. Tried the primary one first and was happy with the speeds I got so didn't even try the alternative one. I didn't even look at the description for any of the info as the video have you exactly what to enter. The port forwarding stuff is slightly more complicated as you have to go into your routers settings, but as far as that goes it's pretty easy as well. Doing that gives you NAT A instead of B which seems to speed things up as well. I don't know anything about the Wii wifi adapter but I imagine it's older tech at this point so may be limiting your speed somewhat as well.
I will take a look when I have some time. Thanks for the info :)

Anyone interested in pitching in for a Nintendo Online + Expansion Pack Family Plan? It launches tomorrow and I can add up to 7 other Nintendo IDs. This would be good for 2 years after I convert my current plan.
How many are in your family? Me and my wife decided we will just keep the normally family internet plan and purchase the expansion pack each. That way we are not renting the expansion. I’d rather own it not have access.

Me, my wife, and sister. So we’d have 5 available spots. I’m on the fence and haven’t decided if I’m going to jump in right away.

How many are in your family? Me and my wife decided we will just keep the normally family internet plan and purchase the expansion pack each. That way we are not renting the expansion. I’d rather own it not have access.

Got a Switch yesterday as well as Smash and Nick All Stars. Decided I want a special design instead of always plain so I got Animal Crossing. Holy crap downloads are slow.

Are most of you planning on getting the expansion in some form? Seems BS, I was going to abstain on principle. I also don't actually play Animal Crossing.

Xbox is Monday night, PSN sales are Tuesday morning, when do the eShop sales change?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp, the NSO upgrade is even harsher than I thought.

Can only buy a full year with your discount applied and it replaces your sub, no upgrading for the remainder of the existing one.

Got a Switch yesterday as well as Smash and Nick All Stars. Decided I want a special design instead of always plain so I got Animal Crossing. Holy crap downloads are slow.

Are most of you planning on getting the expansion in some form? Seems BS, I was going to abstain on principle. I also don't actually play Animal Crossing.

Xbox is Monday night, PSN sales are Tuesday morning, when do the eShop sales change?
eShop's Thursdays at Noon ET. PSN is Wednesday at 3 AM ET.

I’m actually curious to why you think the expansion is BS. The game has been out well over a year it’s had several free updates and add-ons. So now they’re offering paid expansions so they can continue to support the game.

Welp, the NSO upgrade is even harsher than I thought.

Gotta buy a full year with your discount applied and it replaces your sub, no upgrading for the remainder of the existing one.
I’m just waiting on the controller, for that price they should have doubled the games, donkey Kong, banjo kazooie and perfect dark would have been nice. Hell, I would of taken blast corps, wave racer too!

I’m just waiting on the controller, for that price they should have doubled the games, donkey Kong, banjo kazooie and perfect dark would have been nice. Hell, I would of taken blast corps, wave racer too!
well
Banjo actually is there. They made a deal with Xbox. Perfect Dark and others are likely coming

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1452815523654381572

I'd be curious to see how you'd get a decent deal out of this prorated discount since it seems to just extend your sub to cap it at a year from the date you sign up for the EP tier at a slight discount. My NSO sub ends 5/7 and it's offering me the discount for $40.24 to have the NSO+EP sub end on 10/25 in 2022.

If you purchase this membership, you will receive a discount determined by the number of days remaining on your Nintendo Switch Online Individual Membership (no Expansion Pack)($0.05/1 day), up to the price of the membership you are trying to purchase. You will not receive a refund if your balance exceeds the price of the membership you are trying to purchase. After purchasing this, your Nintendo Switch Online Individual Membership (no Expansion Pack) will expire.

Yeah, the fact that the rest of my subscription isn't going to be honored is a big deal. That's bullshit. I hope they fix that. I'd be losing a year

Well, I can wait, I re-uped the family plan in September. I think I can wait, what I really need is an hdmi adapter for my n64.[attachment=36257:9C9290CB-E3E7-4B07-846B-E595A1F679A7.jpeg]

PSA: if you have more than a year of NSO stacked up, BE VERY CAREFUL/DO NOT try to upgrade, it will most likely just end any subs you have and replace it with a single year of the new tier.

PSA: if you have more than a year of NSO stacked up, BE VERY CAREFUL/DO NOT try to upgrade, it will most likely just end any subs you have and replace it with a single year of the new tier.
Yeah I didn't realise that when I was checking out quickly. Gotta call Nintendo tomorrow first thing in the AM 😐

Odd as my family plan just renewed in late September and I had another year on top of that to expire in 9/23. Did the expansion upgrade and they charged me $17 for it and now expires on 10/23/22. Not sure why not today’s date.

if my math is right shouldn’t they have charged me only $10 instead of $17 since upgrade is $45 minus the $35 they pulled away from my year 2 of the family plan I had until 9/23?

Note as got those two year family plans last Black Friday for $20 each year so saved on that at least.

I’m actually curious to why you think the expansion is BS. The game has been out well over a year it’s had several free updates and add-ons. So now they’re offering paid expansions so they can continue to support the game.
Animal Crossing dlc is cool and probably worth the cost. The family plan service minus the dlc is what's poor value. I doubt they have next year thought out beyond same cost for the same stuff.

Welp I fucked up and upgraded and seems I just lost a year of family plan I put in. WTFFF
How much did you pay for the upgrade? It converts your current time's value into a discount on the upgrade. Seems like if you have much more than 2 years then you might lose out on time. Seems like a weird way to handle this.

I was going to quote the fine print details for the Family Memberships, but they just copied the text for the individual sub to use for the Family subs. It seems to suggest that any value over the max they allow ($35 for Family, $20 for individual) gets negated since they're only allow a max of one year for the NSO + Expansion Pack at the moment.

If you purchase this membership, you will receive a discount determined by the number of days remaining on your Nintendo Switch Online Individual Membership (no Expansion Pack)($0.05/1 day), up to the price of the membership you are trying to purchase. You will not receive a refund if your balance exceeds the price of the membership you are trying to purchase. After purchasing this, your Nintendo Switch Online Individual Membership (no Expansion Pack) will expire.
I believe the rate is supposed to be $0.09/day instead of $0.05/day.

https://ec.nintendo.com/US/en/membership

This is very strange. I have 6 months left but I’ll be charged $63.52 for the expansion (and it still will only be 6 months). But if I didn’t have anything, I’d get a full year for $80… Something doesn’t add up.

I wish I could change my nearly 2.1 years of stacked family and convert it to a single user plan. My son does not use his membership anymore so having a family plan is kinda useless 

How much did you pay for the upgrade? It converts your current time's value into a discount on the upgrade. Seems like if you have much more than 2 years then you might lose out on time. Seems like a weird way to handle this.
Someone on ResetEra explained it to me. I goofed cuz I thought family plan was $70:

Because 80(full year of expansion)-35(full year of regular)-30(prorated year of what you had left of regular) = 15

Long story short is the math works and if anyone wants to join I have a few spots open since currently the plan is just a close friend and my brother.

With 8 people splitting the cost it's only $10 per person. Makes it much more bearable even if you mainly just want it for the animal crossing dlc...

With 8 people splitting the cost it's only 10 per person. Makes it much more bearable even if you mainly just want it for the animal crossing dlc...
Yeah I have a couple slots available and will fill it with digital friends. I (and my bro) mainly wanted N64. Even got a controller on the way.

Other than here, are there any threads (including non-CAG) Where people can link up to form a fam (so to speak)

EDIT: PM if interested.

Did anybody get the Metroid Dread posters from MyNintendo yet? Are they worth the shipping cost?

I'll probably convince myself to get them regardless, but it would be nice to know that they're not cheap crap.

Interestingly, the MyNintendo Redeem Rewards page doesn't have a link for Nintendo Store rewards anymore. Did that happen last time all the redeem dates expired?

Did anybody get the Metroid Dread posters from MyNintendo yet? Are they worth the shipping cost?

I'll probably convince myself to get them regardless, but it would be nice to know that they're not cheap crap.

Interestingly, the MyNintendo Redeem Rewards page doesn't have a link for Nintendo Store rewards anymore. Did that happen last time all the redeem dates expired?
Yeah, I got mine yesterday. Just opened them up and I think they look pretty good. Other opinions might vary though.

Well, I can wait, I re-uped the family plan in September. I think I can wait, what I really need is an hdmi adapter for my n64.
attachicon.gif
9C9290CB-E3E7-4B07-846B-E595A1F679A7.jpeg
Yep, same here. I cannot justify $50 when I've got most of the games. A family plan is the only way for me here.

Plus, I have a Retrotink 5x on the way. I have been looking into getting one of my n64 consoles fitted with an HDMI mod as well.

Yep, same here. I cannot justify $50 when I've got most of the games. A family plan is the only way for me here.
I have a family plan locked in for 2 years. I'm waiting until I hear that people say that the upgrade process works for people who are locked in for that long.

I also have almost every one of the games as well, so I'm OK waiting for a bit.

I got the N64 controller. I spent a better part of yesterday evening playing through the Mario Tennis tournaments. I have these games physical too, but this beats dragging everything out when I get an itch to play a few games. Less wear on my controllers too.

I was on the edge with this expansion pack cost, but seeing all the issues with the N64 games I'm glad I decided to wait. How does the company with the greatest most sought after library of retro titles constantly fumble their distribution of said titles? It's so odd.

So it looks like I can't just upgrade my existing plan, I have to get a new plan starting from today that is prorated based on my current subscription (instead of prorating the upgrade cost in line with my subscription's expiration) so now I have to bother people in my family plan for more money than I expected because Nintendo is greedy and doesn't want to offer the Expansion Pack outside of a year-long commitment.

fucking Nintendo. :wall:

So it looks like I can't just upgrade my existing plan, I have to get a new plan starting from today that is prorated based on my current subscription (instead of prorating the upgrade cost in line with my subscription's expiration) so now I have to bother people in my family plan for more money than I expected because Nintendo is greedy.

fucking Nintendo. :wall:
Speak with your wallet. "We're not gonna take it"

They do look really cool, even if they are a bit small. I'm not sure they give the dimensions on the product page.

But whatever, I like them. Pretty good reward.

FYI - Called customer support to get my Animal Crossing island data onto my new Switch (sold the old prior to getting the new). Took about 15 minutes. They wanted email address on my Nintendo Account, new Switch serial number, island name (or approximate date of last save).

“Name?…umm…flopEdick…yes ma’am that’s right…capital E”
Haha yeah I had no idea and also thought my last backup was earlier this month when I tried to force a save. Turns out their last save was from March. Probably the last time I actually played. So, those questions meant nothing and they helped me anyway.

Based on eBay completed listings, anything below $100 is a good value. :shock:
Does Nintendo still limit the purchase of these controllers to 4 for an active Nintendo online account like they did with the NES/SNES controllers? I mean that would make it a bit harder for scalpers to buy them all up. I think it is crazy these N64 controllers are selling out myself. I mean the N64 controller is probably one of the worst controllers of all time.

bread's done
Back