Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Wish Mario Maker 2 and Link's Awakening were $27 as well, but they're the full $40 for some reason. All the other advertised 1st party stuff is $27

These digital prices are 100% mistakes, so grab them while you can if interested. I bought three titles to game share with my nephews. Have all of the codes already.
I'm not sure if they are mistakes ... each item has a "deal" tag on the Gamestop site, entitled "Black Friday Deal Select Nintendo Digital $26.99". The info link for the promotion explicitly reads says "digital" and "26.99".

https://www.gamestop.com/search/?pmid=27646-GeneralPromos-112121-SelectNintendoDigital26.99

"Select Nintendo Digital $26.99. Valid online and in store where available. Exclusions apply. While supplies last, no rainchecks or substitutions. Prices subject to change"

Conflicted on Splatoon 2. To anyone who plays it: Fun for adults or a kid's game? Still active? Newbie friendly or sweats?

-Update- Ordered. Thanks for the feedback :3

Last edited by a moderator:
The only one of these $27 digital Switch games I don’t own is Kirby. Thinking about getting it but not sure if its worth it. I like Kirby games generally, and I’d probably play with my kids. What do you all think? Yea or nay?

The only one of these $27 digital Switch games I don’t own is Kirby. Thinking about getting it but not sure if its worth it. I like Kirby games generally, and I’d probably play with my kids. What do you all think? Yea or nay?
I played most of it recently. Pretty good. If you like kirby superstar, then star allies will push a lot of those same buttons even if it's not quite as great overall. I was frustrated with over-simplified single player controls, but it's probably better with multiplayer.

Conflicted on Splatoon 2. To anyone who plays it: Fun for adults or a kid's game? Still active? Newbie friendly or sweats?
I haven't played it in a while, so I don't know if it's still active, but I'm an adult that generally sucks at shooters and have had a very good time with Splatoon 2.

I haven't played it in a while, so I don't know if it's still active, but I'm an adult that generally sucks at shooters and have had a very good time with Splatoon 2.
Thanks for the feedback. Going to give it a shot. Ordered :switch: Splatoon 2 (new/physical) for $27 and :xb1: Mass Effect Legendary for $25.

Hoping some store offers Far Cry 6 for $30 this week; otherwise, I'll bite at $35 since my brother wants it for Christmas.

Ive played this one a bunch as an adult and have done so with my kid. Its basically a first person shooter but it has very clever mechanics in it. The single player campaign is fun, and online has a few different modes of play. My favorite is the Salmon Run, in which you and three others try to take out as many CPU controlled bosses as possible to collect eggs. Ive occasionally felt way too competitive playing the normal online battle mode when teammates aren't trying or some perfect sniper on the other side is making things unfun, but there's a ton to do in this game.

Watch some video, but this game is really great in my opinion and easily worth this amount.

Star Allies is excellent for playing with kids. When we play NSMBU, my kiddo’s just bubbles all the time. With Kirby, they’re actually playing the game (even if I’m leading the way). And there are a number of combination powers, so the kids can feel useful there, too.

When we play NSMBU, my kiddo’s just bubbles all the time.
My younger relatives didn't grow up playing platformers, so they end up falling a lot in NSMBU and get frustrated.

Kirby games are great for all ages. This would be great to play co-op with the younglings.

Star Allies is excellent for playing with kids. When we play NSMBU, my kiddo’s just bubbles all the time. With Kirby, they’re actually playing the game (even if I’m leading the way). And there are a number of combination powers, so the kids can feel useful there, too.
I briefly owned Kirby but I experienced weird "slow downs" in the game that I found really annoying and distracting so I traded it in. Do you have slow downs too when there are "too many" characters on screen?

Also my kid and I played a bunch of the Wii Kirby not too long ago and in comparison this one wasn't that impressive to us.

Even still, at this price I'm considering re-buying it.

Have all of the Nintendo games and RPGs. The only other one I'm considering is Astral Chain, but the trailer makes the game look very cringe and cliche. Is the combat the selling point for this, or are people buying it only because it's a low price for a Switch game?

Want to know if I'm missing something due to bad trailer.

I briefly owned Kirby but I experienced weird "slow downs" in the game that I found really annoying and distracting so I traded it in. Do you have slow downs too when there are "too many" characters on screen?

Also my kid and I played a bunch of the Wii Kirby not too long ago and in comparison this one wasn't that impressive to us.

Even still, at this price I'm considering re-buying it.
I don’t recall any slowdown, certainly nothing distracting. But maybe I’m just desensitized to that from spending my childhood on the NES. ;)

Have all of the Nintendo games and RPGs. The only other one I'm considering is Astral Chain, but the trailer makes the game look very cringe and cliche. Is the combat the selling point for this, or are people buying it only because it's a low price for a Switch game?

Astral Chain is really the only good Switch-exclusive. I can't imagine being an adult playing anything mario/kirby.

The style/atmosphere of Astral Chain is appealing to some people. The combat is decent, but nowhere near Platinum’s best, due to the difficulty of controlling the chained creatures in combination with the camera and the lower frame rate.

If you dislike what you see in the trailer, you won’t like the game, either.

I watched some gameplay footage and didn't like the atmosphere. I play games to relax. Astral Chain's atmosphere seemed unpleasant and tense, dark.

The style/atmosphere of Astral Chain is appealing to some people. The combat is decent, but nowhere near Platinum’s best, due to the difficulty of controlling the chained creatures in combination with the camera and the lower frame rate.

If you dislike what you see in the trailer, you won’t like the game, either.
Ah, okay. Combat looks appealing, but the edgy teen weeb anime art style and terrible English dub are turning me off on it. Thanks for the input.

Kirby is well worth it to play with your kids. So much fun. Clever and still challenging enough. No brainer at $27.

I've already preordered Kirby Forgotten Land.

----

Am i the only one who doesn't "get" Undertale? I played it for 10 mins last night and thought it was really stupid. Do i keep going?

----

Astral Chain is really the only good Switch-exclusive. I can't imagine being an adult playing anything mario/kirby.
Then why even have a switch? Kirby isn't for everyone but Mario games are for every age.

[attachment=36397:20211121_102619.jpg]

Got this curbside and Target left the damn spider-web anti-theft thing on it. Can I just cut it with pliers or do I have to take it back?

20211121_102619.jpg
Got this curbside and Target left the damn spider-web anti-theft thing on it. Can I just cut it with pliers or do I have to take it back?
I would take it back with your receipt handy. If you cut the wires it will make a loud and annoying alarm. Or, have a hammer handy, clip it, and the beat the crap out of it until it stops beeping. Choice is yours. But please record it and share if you choose option two.

Well I picked a great time to upgrade to 1tb SD card for my switch. Scooping up all these digital games for $26.99. only ones I already had digitally was Splatoon 2 and Zelda. Getting 300 gold coins is definitely icing on the cake.

Dunno if it’s a good deal, but Adorama has a sale on Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity for $34.99. You have to add it to cart to see the price.

Before anyone asks, they’re legit. The reason you don’t see them mentioned here much is that they mostly handle camera and computer equipment, not video games.

Well I picked a great time to upgrade to 1tb SD card for my switch. Scooping up all these digital games for $26.99. only ones I already had digitally was Splatoon 2 and Zelda. Getting 300 gold coins is definitely icing on the cake.
do you mind sharing which 1tb sd card model? I am looking to upgrade too and there are so many options, not sure which one to get

do you mind sharing which 1tb sd card model? I am looking to upgrade too and there are so many options, not sure which one to get
I got this one

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-MicroSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B08HCPTMJG/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=399GKPV4SFGG5&keywords=1tb+micro+sd+card&qid=1637532676&sprefix=1tb+mi%2Caps%2C152&sr=8-3

It was $110 as a deal of the day last month so I bet it will go on sale for black friday so I would keep an eye on it.

It’s news to me that you can even try to purchase, the site completely refuses to load on my end, even via VPN.
Comments on VPN usually are that it doesn't work well with their website.

My suggestion would be to try different browsers and or a different device. The last time I had this issue albeit it was best buy I was able to make a purchase on my chrome browser on my phone.

Am i the only one who doesn't "get" Undertale? I played it for 10 mins last night and thought it was really stupid. Do i keep going?
I thought Undertale was pretty good. If I’d played it before Nier Automata (and Danganronpa) I probably would have liked it even better. But you have to enjoy a particular kind of humor (and probably be a big softie inside) to really get into it. If you don’t like it 10 or 20 minutes in, you’re not going to change your mind later.

Weird but typical that Diablo II is $10 less on sale on every other platform besides the Switch … maybe it will drop later this week 🤔

I was thinking of buying Strikey Sisters from the shop, but I tried the demo and it's surprisingly difficult. I can't even beat the first level.
It is difficult. You have to mash the A button and get lucky with powerups while being attacked and shot at by enemies. There's even boss levels that are crazy hard. But once it clicks you get some pretty satisfying victories.
Out of all the brick breaker games on switch it's one of, if not the best reviewed. Definitely worth $3.

So this is what it looks like when an anime Weeb pulls rank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pretending-to-be-happy-hiding-crying-behind-a-mask-meme-template-2xszy_thumbnail.jpg

bread's done
Back